May 16, 2024, 01:56:48 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland agree £5m move for Michael Chopra  (Read 5599 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Sunderland agree £5m move for Michael Chopra
« on: July 11, 2007, 03:38:24 AM »
Running across the Sky Sports News ticker now...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland agree £5m move for Michael Chopra
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 04:36:34 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/6291244.stm

Sunderland agree £5m Chopra deal 

Chopra could return to the north-east with Sunderland
Sunderland have agreed a £5m deal for Cardiff City striker Michael Chopra.
The 23-year-old former Newcastle star scored 22 goals for Cardiff in the Championship last season and now looks set to return to the north-east.

Cardiff boss Dave Jones told the South Wales Echo: "I am sorry to see him go, everybody in the camp is. But there is a price for every player."

Chopra has left Cardiff's pre-season training camp in Portugal to hold talks with Sunderland boss Roy Keane.

Cardiff boss Jones added: "The money could go on to make us stronger.

"This is good business for us and after all, we are in a business. And for Michael it means Premiership football ? we cannot stop him. We wish him all the best with Sunderland."

Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale revealed that they had turned down an unnamed offer from an unnamed club.

But Keane has met the asking price for Chopra, who joined Cardiff for £500,000 in June 2006, after missing out on David Nugent, who is joining Portsmouth.

Keane agreed a £6m deal with Preston for Nugent, and Chopra's goal record compared favourably to the England striker's last season.

BBC Wales understands Chopra has a release clause in his contract allowing him to speak to any club offering £5m - now the Geordie must weigh up whether to move back to the Premiership with the old enemy.

Okay Stern, they done with the warning shots - time to lace up them scoring boots or is serious pine in yuh behind  :'(
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 05:34:09 AM »
thats all part of professional football....thats why we are here typing and they are there training and as you all like to say "riding pine".....we riding cushions

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 05:38:50 AM »
He cost only 500,000 pounds in June 2006 and is now worth 5 million in July 2007.

Whey sah!!

That is a serious piece of business.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 05:40:02 AM »
sorry i forget i on SM profile yes...de last post is me BM

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 06:03:33 AM »

chopra is a shithong

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 07:00:13 AM »
deepak chopra son could play boy...plenty energy.

i think stern on the way out of sunderland.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 09:28:35 AM »

chopra is a shithong

+1
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »
sad to say but expected...stern migth hadda look elsewhere..back to the Championship maybe...sunderland have a good bit of forwads too...figure they go sell bout 2 to get one more

but Chopra for 5 mil...???!?! that is proof that the EPL overprices their players...their players are overrated bad!
that man couldnt make a note at Newcastle...he used to get a game here and there...but 5 mil?!
madness
that real funny jed

he worth a 2mil if so much...them is pay real dollars jus for potential and not actual results...
stern should fetch more money then..is only cause he a lil older i go say he cah get that..but damn...5mil..sunderland...that is a bad buy...sorry

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »
On the S underland forum they saying Stokes not looking sharp at all and he moving lazy in training so Stern might just have a chance still.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 11:23:59 AM »
The new TV deal has resulted in major inflation of player transfer fees.

Case in point, we paid much more for Darren Bent than we did for Dimitar Berbatov.  Granted Bent is a good player but nowhere near the Berbatov's class. 

It seems that being English adds 50% to the price tag.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »
The new TV deal has resulted in major inflation of player transfer fees.

Case in point, we paid much more for Darren Bent than we did for Dimitar Berbatov.  Granted Bent is a good player but nowhere near the Berbatov's class. 

It seems that being English adds 50% to the price tag.

bad example...

berbatov was a bit of an unknown quantity in England when he came to Spurs.. Only later in the season did he prove to be a great signing.. Bent has been consistently scoring goals in the EPL for the last couple years..

and correct, being English inflates the price too..

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 11:44:29 AM »
AGAIN all i have to say is give stern a chance nah

kean buy him in january give him a chance to have a good preseason and at least a few starts befo allyuh start the ride pine new striker come talk

jah

PATRIOTISM :beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 02:40:52 PM »
Why keane ain't look at Kenwayne or cornel glenn

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »

Who say he eh look ....he just so happen to think Stern is the better player/goal scorer.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 03:14:15 PM »

kean buy him in january give him a chance to have a good preseason and at least a few starts befo allyuh start the ride pine new striker come talk

jah

I think the ride the pine talk is because he ended the season on the pine.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 05:17:40 PM »

jah

Ah believe we bounce heads already when yuh had yuh old name, but small thing, cuz ah big man is ah big man and ah boi is ah boi. Ah does give credit when it is deserved,meh point is dat ah like yuh post. Some people does live tuh fight down we professional athletes, when dey tired ah JW, dey does start off on de ball men and dem. Some ah all yuh here so negative, ah wonder what type ah life all yuh living, cuz ah wouldn't want my youth no where around people like dat . Ah getting de impression dat some people stressed out and fed up wid life, and like everything is ah problem fuh dem  :beermug:.HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 09:35:50 PM »

Who say he eh look ....he just so happen to think Stern is the better player/goal scorer.

i doubt...it look like dwight had a hand in daT! :beermug:

Offline JW

• Mackem Abroad
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Eat My Goal
    • View Profile
    • Black Cats of North America
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 06:33:24 AM »
... Some people does live tuh fight down we professional athletes, when dey tired ah JW, dey does start off on de ball men and dem...

I reckon I'm going to have to change my id on this board....  ;)
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 07:28:19 AM »
I'm not sure if anybody was referring specifically to me, but this en no negative talk, trust me, I am one of the biggest Stern John fans that out there. When the whole ah Trinidad was bawling bench Stern John, I went and write encouragements on the man site.

All I'm saying is that for a little while we been hearing nuff rumours to indicate that Stern wasn't going to be Sunderland's de jure number 1 striker, and now that they sign Chopra for that amount we getting firm proof.

Now, is up to him to prove the doubters wrong. I ent one of them, so i ent catching no horrors.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline JW

• Mackem Abroad
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Eat My Goal
    • View Profile
    • Black Cats of North America
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 08:09:26 AM »
All I'm saying is that for a little while we been hearing nuff rumours to indicate that Stern wasn't going to be Sunderland's de jure number 1 striker, and now that they sign Chopra for that amount we getting firm proof.

Totally different types of striker, though...

Chopra signing is probably more of a threat to Connolly and/or Elliott (pacey goal scorer), than Stern John (target man).  However, I would suspect that Daryl Murphy's form in the run-up to the Championship is more likely to mean that SJ will be playing second fiddle at the start of the season, at least.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 10:47:22 AM »
I'm not sure if anybody was referring specifically to me, but this en no negative talk, trust me, I am one of the biggest Stern John fans that out there. When the whole ah Trinidad was bawling bench Stern John, I went and write encouragements on the man site.

Now, is up to him to prove the doubters wrong. I ent one of them, so i ent catching no horrors.

Midnight, yuh is not ah just come member, yuh been around here long enough, tuh know dat Supa doh throw no words at anybody round here. Doh take meh post de wrong way, cuz ah not mad at yuh, dat is how we does talk. As far as yuh post earlier on in dis thread, I didn't see anything wrong wid it. I was not just referring to dis thread anyway, but also to the members dat did it on past threads. Keep one thing in mind about Supa and de Enterprise, we are not scared of and will never be scared of anybody round here. If we have to address anyone we will call dem out or quote dey post, in dis case there are too many people involved here to call names, so ah just did ah open post addressing everybody dat felt guilty of de act. Yuh cud be ah ah past or present athlete, coach, sport administration member, etc, we will address yuh if we have to, we doh business, cuz we doh watch face round here. However, wid dat said, we will approach each individual wid respect, cuz we are all human beings and we need to respect each other  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 10:59:09 AM »
deepak chopra son could play boy...plenty energy.

i think stern on the way out of sunderland.

Andre avatar take centre attraction again, ah not done taking meh milk and yuh move meh girl already  ;D  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 12:19:33 PM »

Midnight, yuh is not ah just come member, yuh been around here long enough, tuh know dat Supa doh throw no words at anybody round here. Doh take meh post de wrong way, cuz ah not mad at yuh, dat is how we does talk. As far as yuh post earlier on in dis thread, I didn't see anything wrong wid it. I was not just referring to dis thread anyway, but also to the members dat did it on past threads. Keep one thing in mind about Supa and de Enterprise, we are not scared of and will never be scared of anybody round here. If we have to address anyone we will call dem out or quote dey post, in dis case there are too many people involved here to call names, so ah just did ah open post addressing everybody dat felt guilty of de act. Yuh cud be ah ah past or present athlete, coach, sport administration member, etc, we will address yuh if we have to, we doh business, cuz we doh watch face round here. However, wid dat said, we will approach each individual wid respect, cuz we are all human beings and we need to respect each other  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Seen. Respect.

And JW thanks for the info, I haven't actually seen Chopra lay before even though I been hearing a lot about him. Will kkep an eye out

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »
chopra eligible to play for trinidad? maybe he father is a trini...or a guyanese?

he resemble a ol schoolmate.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »
chopra eligible to play for trinidad? maybe he father is a trini...or a guyanese?

The Indian national team approach him to play fuh dem but he agent reject them. He is capped by de U-21 English side and closed last Championship season as top scorer.

I jes hoping Stern keep a place in de team. I think by now he eh about to change his game for anybody....Stern will always be Stern

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »

The Indian national team approach him to play fuh dem but he agent reject them. He is capped by de U-21 English side and closed last Championship season as top scorer.

I jes hoping Stern keep a place in de team. I think by now he eh about to change his game for anybody....Stern will always be Stern

to play wha? cricket?

dem is play football?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 03:31:18 PM »
remember of the strikers they have...is only one with EPL and International experience...not to mention world cup
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 08:21:05 AM »
big up to supa

sometimes yuh does jus wonder how men cud say dey trini when they ready to bw down at the first sign of trouble for a nex trini

big mag dat is a good point and everyday the transfer window drawing closer to a close

bless

gunta
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 08:34:01 AM »
remember of the strikers they have...is only one with EPL and International experience...not to mention world cup
Nah. Both Chopra and Connolly have EPL experience as well. And Connolly plays regularly for Ireland.

1]; } ?>