May 07, 2024, 05:40:21 PM

Author Topic: Official Transfers/Rumours thread.  (Read 105975 times)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FABREGAS to Barcelona
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »
Ah man say "on de verge" oui! Dat is one BIG verge!

It could happen but I dunno.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2011, 01:10:57 PM »
sky was saying by the weekend but for me the sooner the better.  everyone will breathe a huge sigh of relief.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2011, 01:15:54 PM »
Losing a world class player like Fabregas will hurt the team and he will be difficult to replace. I want them to keep him one more year. I don't believe this talk about he won't play as well as a want away player. He has demonstrated repeatedly he is far too professional to do that.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2011, 01:17:50 PM »
he did not play that much last year so it should be an easy transition. Arsenal goal is just to make champions league and to try to rack up the most consecutive passes in the epl

they not even trying to win  ;D

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2011, 01:22:55 PM »
It's about facking time.. fed-up seeing this man and his Barca love affair the past couple yrs in the media.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2011, 01:42:56 PM »
We losing Cese by weekend for 39 million Euros...29 up front and the rest later (I think 5 Million of Cese salary will go back to Arsenal), from what I read on websites and heard on 5 live....Nasri is reported to be leaving for Man City as well for 23-25 Million...As much as I rate both players, PLEASE LEAVE NOW!! I fed up with the speculation! Wenger managed to keep Cese last season, great! Please go so that we can concentrate on making the top 4 this season (It is painful to say that when we should be filling up cabinets with trophies)!!!!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »
Fabregas will bench most of the time -what a waste of talent. Now that Wenger has some money -he needs to spend on some strong centre back and a good midfield playmaker. As a former Arsenal captain said - they need physicality in the back.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »
If they don't replace him with quality they will not make the top 4.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »
We'll see. Every year there's a new reason for them to not make top 4 and every year they do it. I take those statements with a lot of salt. It will hurt the quality of the team though.

If they don't replace him with quality they will not make the top 4.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 10, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »
What is confusing is that where is all the money from the sales of players? Henry, Helb, Ade, Toure, et al....how can you bid 10 million for Phil Jagelka when the asking price was 12 milly?  Why bid below asking price? Why bid in the first place?
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 10, 2011, 03:55:49 PM »
Who is Cese? :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 10, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »
he did not play that much last year so it should be an easy transition. Arsenal goal is just to make champions league and to try to rack up the most consecutive passes in the epl

they not even trying to win  ;D

Interesting and funny :). Yuh point is certainly taken.

I doh want to 'taint' this thread with a ManU observation, but ah well ... but, as I read that,  my thoughts flashed back to ManU's impotency to string anything together v. Barca.

I think Wenger spends his nights reading Sartre and trying to channel Fergie ... in his personal battle between philosophy, aesthetics and well ... what actually works. For his sake, I hope he's glued himself back together following several of those moments when he became unhinged in the last few games of the EPL last season. He's got to work his shit out at Arsenal because I cyaan see him accepting another coaching position in England if he doesn't. (Just in case anybody ketch a glad: Note, I didn't say one wouldn't be offered to him ... I just doh see him taking a job in the EPL should things go awry ... unless perhaps iz ManU and dat offer won't be forthcoming).

Fully concur with Jumbie re: let this thing end. Also concur with Cesc likely to be a professional if it goes belly up. However, who really wants to have that scene draping over the club until the next transfer window? Whether he rides bench if he leaves iz his challenge. His position is certainly understandable.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:06:07 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 10, 2011, 05:15:29 PM »
Merge

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2011/2012 Transfers/Rumours thread
« Reply #283 on: August 10, 2011, 05:59:16 PM »
Arsenal short on cash ? why they never spend ? . What happen to d great Arsenal teams .  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 10, 2011, 06:57:52 PM »
Who is Cese? :rotfl:

I am not responsible for my key's spanish/english translation.... 8)

- John F. Kennedy

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »
Losing a world class player like Fabregas will hurt the team and he will be difficult to replace. I want them to keep him one more year. I don't believe this talk about he won't play as well as a want away player. He has demonstrated repeatedly he is far too professional to do that.

You see anything from Fabregas to make yuh believe he want anything to do with Arsenal this year. He was a zombie last year. This year he offering to pay Arsenal money just to leave. The man desperate to leave.

If this deal breakdown it will be Arsenal's loss because they will have a shell of a player

Arsenal need to make this happen fast so they sort out they squad and start the season fresh. They will be fine without Fabregas. Much bigger deficiencies in defence.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #286 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:21 PM »
Fabregas will bench most of the time -what a waste of talent. Now that Wenger has some money -he needs to spend on some strong centre back and a good midfield playmaker. As a former Arsenal captain said - they need physicality in the back.

Fabregas will play for Barcelona. Probably more than he would at Arsenal because he might be injured less as a result of not being rushed back to play when injured.

Barcelona's squad is thin and they playing 60+ games every year, and they players going deep in tournaments every two summers. Fabregas/Xavi/Iniesta/Sanchez will get into a nice rotation where they all get plenty games over the course of the season.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2011, 03:54:56 AM »
aguero to city...f**k u and f**k city...flop hard f**ker, flop haaard! no way we was gonna pay u 190,000 euro a week...flop  hard...flop haaaaaaard!

Yuh have to face the fact that Juventus is no longer a big side. 
Atletico to Juve would be a lateral move, and Aguero need better dan dat right now.
So what goin to happen to Balotelli now?  If Man City don't have faith in him they surely have the personnel to warrant shipping him out.  I hope Arsene Wenger makin some calls to Manchester all now.

wrong to say 'no longer a big side'...all d 'big' sides have periods in their history where they went through rel rough periods...coming into 2011 we were 2nd and a shave off 1st and playing brilliantly until that mystical catastrophic collapse...we could have one the scudetto..so..not relly right to watch statistics in their bare form. and manshitty wud never b a big side...flop, flop haaaaarrd! aguero went primarily for money.

Big in the past, floundering of late.  I sure they will regain their status but they have real work to do.  Look a man prefer Hamburg to Turin.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/942403/eljero-elia:-juventus-move-not-big-enough-for-me?cc=5901

Elia: Juve not big enough for me
August 11, 2011

By ESPNsoccernet staff
Juventus transfer target Eljero Elia says he is not interested in a move to the Serie A giants as it would not represent a step up from his current club Hamburg SV.

The Bundesliga side confirmed they had rejected an offer for Elia, reportedly of around €7 million, from Juve earlier this week and the Netherlands international claims he is happy with the decision as he only want to move to a bigger club.

Elia told Hamburger Morgenpost: "The club told me that they won't let me join Juventus, but that's not a problem for me. I've agreed with the club that we'd open talks if a big club like Arsenal or Chelsea comes knocking.

"There's no need to talk if a club of the same level as HSV is interested. Juventus are still one of the best Italian teams around, but they're not better than Hamburg in my opinion."

Pacy winger Elia, who was part of the Hamburg team which lost their Bundesliga opener 3-1 at Borussia Dortmund last Friday, has contract with the German side until the summer of 2014.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:17 AM »
Man, when I see this I really have to wonder if you does watch Arsenal play. A "zombie"? The man had an injury hit season but when he was fit he real create. A zombie does miss almost half the games and still come joint third in the league for assists? Play almost double the successful through balls as the second placed player in the league? Gimme a chance nah man.

I not saying they don't have other problems but doh come here with that "his heart not in it" mess nah. The man has, to his credit, been a consumate professional. I not doubting he want to go Barca but he did a good job for Arsenal this year and a player of his creative abilities will surely be missed.

You see anything from Fabregas to make yuh believe he want anything to do with Arsenal this year. He was a zombie last year. This year he offering to pay Arsenal money just to leave. The man desperate to leave.

If this deal breakdown it will be Arsenal's loss because they will have a shell of a player

Arsenal need to make this happen fast so they sort out they squad and start the season fresh. They will be fine without Fabregas. Much bigger deficiencies in defence.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:56:20 AM by Dansteel - The Iceman »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 11, 2011, 09:51:46 AM »
aguero to city...f**k u and f**k city...flop hard f**ker, flop haaard! no way we was gonna pay u 190,000 euro a week...flop  hard...flop haaaaaaard!

Yuh have to face the fact that Juventus is no longer a big side. 
Atletico to Juve would be a lateral move, and Aguero need better dan dat right now.
So what goin to happen to Balotelli now?  If Man City don't have faith in him they surely have the personnel to warrant shipping him out.  I hope Arsene Wenger makin some calls to Manchester all now.

wrong to say 'no longer a big side'...all d 'big' sides have periods in their history where they went through rel rough periods...coming into 2011 we were 2nd and a shave off 1st and playing brilliantly until that mystical catastrophic collapse...we could have one the scudetto..so..not relly right to watch statistics in their bare form. and manshitty wud never b a big side...flop, flop haaaaarrd! aguero went primarily for money.

Big in the past, floundering of late.  I sure they will regain their status but they have real work to do.  Look a man prefer Hamburg to Turin.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/942403/eljero-elia:-juventus-move-not-big-enough-for-me?cc=5901

Elia: Juve not big enough for me
August 11, 2011

By ESPNsoccernet staff
Juventus transfer target Eljero Elia says he is not interested in a move to the Serie A giants as it would not represent a step up from his current club Hamburg SV.

The Bundesliga side confirmed they had rejected an offer for Elia, reportedly of around €7 million, from Juve earlier this week and the Netherlands international claims he is happy with the decision as he only want to move to a bigger club.

Elia told Hamburger Morgenpost: "The club told me that they won't let me join Juventus, but that's not a problem for me. I've agreed with the club that we'd open talks if a big club like Arsenal or Chelsea comes knocking.

"There's no need to talk if a club of the same level as HSV is interested. Juventus are still one of the best Italian teams around, but they're not better than Hamburg in my opinion."

Pacy winger Elia, who was part of the Hamburg team which lost their Bundesliga opener 3-1 at Borussia Dortmund last Friday, has contract with the German side until the summer of 2014.

f**k Elia..what we goin through aint no different what other 'big' sides went thru, is going thru and will go thru..i repeat..f**k Elia
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:53:42 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2011, 01:03:46 PM »
Freddy Adu returns to MLS with Philadelphia Union

Freddy Adu is coming back to Major League Soccer, but not to the club first believed.

After initially being linked to a move to Chivas USA, sources have told Fox Soccer that Adu will in fact be signing with the Philadelphia Union. An announcement on the move is expected to be made on Friday.

Adu was all set to sign with Chivas USA, which had lined up a move to acquire him as a Designated Player, but the move fell apart at the last minute when Chivas USA owner Jorge Vergara decided the move wasn't the direction he wanted the club to go in. That decision paved the way for Adu to sign with the Union.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2011, 07:13:53 AM »
Man, when I see this I really have to wonder if you does watch Arsenal play. A "zombie"? The man had an injury hit season but when he was fit he real create. A zombie does miss almost half the games and still come joint third in the league for assists? Play almost double the successful through balls as the second placed player in the league? Gimme a chance nah man.

I not saying they don't have other problems but doh come here with that "his heart not in it" mess nah. The man has, to his credit, been a consumate professional. I not doubting he want to go Barca but he did a good job for Arsenal this year and a player of his creative abilities will surely be missed.

Fair play... "zombie" is an exaggeration. But at no point last year the man look happy to be there and you can't argue that the speculation is not a distraction. This rounds it looking even worse, he can't even train or play in pre-season, that can't be helping Arsenal. The idea that things could somehow turn around and Arsenal could get a 40M player out of him on the pitch is fanciful. When a man want to go and yuh getting good money is to take it, run and don't look back.

What I don't understand is why Wenger waiting to get money in before he buy. He coulda be settling in a couple defenders for weeks now. I could understand acting like he might stay to raise the money but he had to know this was going to happen. Likewise the grandstanding with Nasri. Why say yuh willing to let him go free next year when yuh could get 20M right now?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:16:01 AM by JDB »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arsenal sign Costa Rican forward Campbell
« Reply #292 on: August 12, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »
Arsenal sign Costa Rica's Joel Campbell from Deportivo Saprissa

Arsenal have agreed terms with the Costa Rican side Deportivo Saprissa to sign the striker Joel Campbell. The 19-year-old was in his country's squad for the Copa América and the Under-20 World Cup.

Arsenal revealed on Friday that the transfer is subject to the completion of "formal agreements and processes". The manager Arsène Wenger told www.arsenal.com: "Joel Campbell has already shown that he is a player with great ability and has also performed well on the international stage at a young age.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal sign Costa Rican forward Campbell
« Reply #293 on: August 13, 2011, 06:28:50 AM »
One for the future for sure. At this U20's Colombia and other teams struggled to contain him
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #294 on: August 13, 2011, 08:36:07 AM »
Allegedly City wants to swap Tevez for Nasri.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:38:07 AM by Giggsy11 »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »
That sounding far fetched. Tevez is a far better player than Nanas, even when unhappy. Wenger probably wouldn't take the headache of Tevez prima donna ways anyway. Particularly when he go start complaining about missing home in a year. His wages too high for Arsenal as well.

Allegedly City wants to swap Tevez for Nasri.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2011, 11:08:01 AM »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2011, 11:13:01 AM »
robbie keane to LA Galaxy
juan pablo angel to philadelphia union

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 16, 2011, 05:58:36 AM »
Eto is reported to be moving to Anzhi Makhachkala. Seriously! Eto is one of the best strikers in World football. Why would he move to a club that placed 11th in the Russian league and not even in CL. Oh yeah dollars talk!!!!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2011, 06:31:01 AM »

finally d long soap opera comes to an end

1]; } ?>