May 06, 2024, 04:28:26 AM

Author Topic: Akeem Adams on trial with Seattle Sounders FC.  (Read 6702 times)

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
Re: Akeem Adams on trial with Seattle Sounders FC.
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 11:28:36 AM »
Just a couple thoughts from the thread:

1. You can get faster through training. I fully believe that. (Esp. as someone who's done track in the past, and is now slow as molasses after injuries and lack of restrengthening/retraining).

2. Saying Jloyd's lack of first team football means he can't be picked for TT based on form is crazy! Our player pool isn't good enough for those kinds of stipulations. Everything relative :-\

3. Good luck Akeem. Hope he gets signed and can develop into a better LB cause TT need good defenders bad!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 09:44:21 AM »
Update:

I heard that Coach Sigi like Akeem and see a lot of potential in him. His concern was that he came to the tryout unfit even though he knew about it months in advance. He was able to do all that was asked of him in training and the coach is willing to work with him. Akeem was advised to get in shape and they may call him back for pre-season training next year.

Good luck to him  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
Update:

I heard that Coach Sigi like Akeem and see a lot of potential in him. His concern was that he came to the tryout unfit even though he knew about it months in advance. He was able to do all that was asked of him in training and the coach is willing to work with him. Akeem was advised to get in shape and they may call him back for pre-season training next year.

Big Up!

Thanks 4 d update.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 10:01:24 AM »
How could you go to a trial unfit?
Was he injured recently and couldn't train?
Maybe the level of fitness the coach teaches is above what our locals train for.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 10:06:51 AM »
Update:

Big Up!

Since Petrotrin went out of business he clubless.

You telling me he couldn't sign some short term contract with some other pro league team to keep himself fit.

Who does really advise these players boy.

Anyways, he have time, hope he get a good agent who could be more than an agent but like a big brother to him.

Good luck, I like this player alot. But speed is important.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 10:15:52 AM »
Update:

Big Up!

You telling me he couldn't sign some short term contract with some other pro league team to keep himself fit.

Anyways, he have time, hope he get a good agent who could be more than an agent but like a big brother to him.

sam dat what yuh talking dey is contradiction , ah odder thread right on dis board jus pretty much outline ah logical disconnect between fitness and d pro-league, dat havin been said I see yuh point
I pity the fool....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 10:19:52 AM »
Positioning and a good read of the game can make up for a lack of pace...who remember Branco in WC '94?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 10:23:18 AM »
Positioning and a good read of the game can make up for a lack of pace...who remember Branco in WC '94?

Yeah true, and who remember Amadeo Carboni till age 42.

But at that level yuh have to have a real above average understanding of the game if yuh carrying below average speed. That does only come with experience.

That being said, i willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if he really wasn't 100% fit then he probably look slower than he actually is.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »

Branco was a converted winger.  He had speed.  He may not have been as fast as a Maicon, but he was fast enough.

He also had a supremely superior left foot.

Many of the modern wing backs are converted wingers in part because of their speed but mostly because they're among the best athletes on the team. You could teach positioning etc.  You could even teach somebody to improve their quickness.  But speed?  Either you have it or you don't.

Good luck to Akeem Adams though.  Obviously he has something that coaches like.  But that comment about him coming to the trial unfit even though he knew about it months in advance is a warning signal for prospective teams.  He needs to alter that perception quick...if he serious about a pro career abroad.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »
Niceness. Work hard. Big things could happen.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
Update:

Big Up!

Maybe the level of fitness the coach teaches is above what our locals train for.

Yuh just answer yuh own question dey Peong. Yours and a few other peoples like Sam above.  He may have thought he was doing enough to keep fit and not realised the level of fitness that was expected of him. Hopefully he realises now what is required and can do what is needed.

That being said I think it's a very good sign that despite his lack of fitness "he was able to do all that was asked of him in training". Hope he succeeds!
 :praying:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Adams eyes Seattle recall
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 07:01:34 AM »
By Shaun Fuentes

National Under 20 defender Akeem Adams is definitely one of the key players on the current national team which is bidding to qualify for the 2011 Under 20 World Cup in Colombia. He made his senior team debut at age 16 in 2008 against Jamaica in Kingston and has appeared at the Fifa Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups in 2007 and 2009. He is eligible and returning in an attempt to steer Zoran Vranes’ team to another World Cup. Adams, currently in Venezuela for an invitational tournament, returned this week from a nine-day trial with American Major League Soccer club Seattle Sounders and will be recalled to join the team for preseason in January 2011. “As a young player, it was an exciting period in my career while on trial in Seattle. The nine days was action packed and I know for sure I benefitted from the experience. The football was much faster than what I’m accustomed playing back home but that was useful and I thought I coped well. The coach told me he liked some aspects of my game and I will be going back for preseason in January,” said Adams.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Dumplingdinho

Re: Adams eyes Seattle recall
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 08:14:30 AM »
By Shaun Fuentes

National Under 20 defender Akeem Adams is definitely one of the key players on the current national team which is bidding to qualify for the 2011 Under 20 World Cup in Colombia. He made his senior team debut at age 16 in 2008 against Jamaica in Kingston and has appeared at the Fifa Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups in 2007 and 2009. He is eligible and returning in an attempt to steer Zoran Vranes’ team to another World Cup. Adams, currently in Venezuela for an invitational tournament, returned this week from a nine-day trial with American Major League Soccer club Seattle Sounders and will be recalled to join the team for preseason in January 2011. “As a young player, it was an exciting period in my career while on trial in Seattle. The nine days was action packed and I know for sure I benefitted from the experience. The football was much faster than what I’m accustomed playing back home but that was useful and I thought I coped well. The coach told me he liked some aspects of my game and I will be going back for preseason in January,” said Adams.

fed up hear this statement, by now everybody should know that but some ppl still think an all local team can be successful...the sad thing is he talking about the MLS, not even a big league.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:58 AM »
By Shaun Fuentes

fed up hear this statement, by now everybody should know that but some ppl still think an all local team can be successful...the sad thing is he talking about the MLS, not even a big league.
Reality bites!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 10:11:35 AM »

That is a reflection of how our players place fitness in the grand scheme of things. We have the mentality that a skilled players should be selected on that alone.  Our local clubs do it all the time.

1]; } ?>