May 15, 2024, 10:20:49 PM

Author Topic: Brazilians Shock World; Declare Wish to go by Their Real Names  (Read 6057 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In a surprising turn of events, the Brazilian National Team has requested to be called by their real names in the upcoming World Cup. As it turns out, the players have long despised being referred to by their nicknames.

Pele recently complained, “My name is Edson Arantes Do Nascimento or translated to English, David Matthew Roy. That is what my parents named me and that is what I want to be called. Stupid Americans and your nicknames. What is Pele? I don’t even know what that means!”

Ronaldihno confirmed this sentiment when he explained, “I mean, at least in the past the names were original like Pele and Zico. Now they are all the same. What, you couldn’t think of any new ones after Ronaldo, so you just add ‘ihno’?! Plus there’s already a Christian Ronaldo. The lack of originality is tasteless. I want to be called my real name, Gaucho.”

Added rising midfield star, known as Kaka, “What am I, a bird call or something? Dawg, my name is Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite or maybe Rick or Ricky. But I ain’t no mating call. I hate the media.”

The new starting lineup for Brazil will now read: Luis Nazario do Lima, Adriano Leite Ribeiro, Robson de Souza, Lucimar da Silva Ferreira, Marcos Evangelista de Moraes, Roberto Carlos De Silva, Jose Vitor Roque Junior, Diego Rumas da Cuhno, Jose Roberto da Silva Junior, Nelson de Jesus Silva, and Ronaldo de Assis Moreira. Opinions have sprung up throughout the footballing world. Although ESPN is excited by the possibility of an in-game name-matching game, announcers are lamenting the change. “Considering the talent on the Brazilian team, it could be 4-0 by the time we finish reading the starting lineups!” exclaimed Tommy Smith.

Meanwhile, Nike is confounded by exactly how to fit these new names onto the backs of jerseys. Phil Knight offered an explanation, saying, “We don’t have print that small. But hey, we could just slap a swoosh on reusable name tags and people will still buy it.”

Although sponsors are trying to convince them otherwise, the Brazilian team is staunch in its stance. The overall team sentiment was best summed up by the brash young player formerly known as Robinho, “Who you calling a ho?!!”

http://www.tsl.pomona.edu/?page=sports&article=1464&issue=51
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Brazilians Shock World; Declare Wish to go by Their Real Names
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 07:10:43 PM »
and somewhere, a NIKE football executive drinks gramoxone (or its US equivalent)....trust me when I tell you that this will go away quickly.  No-one wants to wear a Edson Arantes Do Nascimento shirt, or a Ronaldo de Assis Moreira shirt.

They want Pele and Ronaldo.  This is like Prince and PUFF DADDY changing their name...nobody cares what THEY want, it is what people know u as.  I can change my name to DVDMANBUYMEHTING Boldon.

I GO STILL BE ATO to the whole damn world....this is a non story cuz its stuipd....Let them doh play.  To do this now is stupid...I watching the date to see if is APRIL 1 still.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 07:12:05 PM »
that looking liek a joke article...cant be serious
Back in Trini...

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »
I hope that crap wh fuh true yuh know. No matter what they want people to call them the world knows them by their shortened versions...plus Ronaldinho is much cooler to say than Gaucho. If it was a problem they should havesaid something from the start!!!!

Fitzinho.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 07:24:27 PM »
and somewhere, a NIKE football executive drinks gramoxone (or its US equivalent)....trust me when I tell you that this will go away quickly.  No-one wants to wear a Edson Arantes Do Nascimento shirt, or a Ronaldo de Assis Moreira shirt.

They want Pele and Ronaldo.  This is like Prince and PUFF DADDY changing their name...nobody cares what THEY want, it is what people know u as.  I can change my name to DVDMANBUYMEHTING Boldon.

I GO STILL BE ATO to the whole damn world....this is a non story cuz its stuipd....Let them doh play.  To do this now is stupid...I watching the date to see if is APRIL 1 still.

Horse, read it again, that sounding as if it's real? De article is ah kicks article. lol
www.westindiantube.com

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 07:37:01 PM »
Ah cuss them just in case. I still think its late APRIL fools, like I said.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 08:07:40 PM »

well if you watch the date yuh will see that it is March 31, 2006 so they probably did put it out just before the date change to ketch yuh in the morning when yuh wake up.   ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 08:30:52 PM »
I think this might be a hoax. After all these years Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo vex ? It seems a bit unlikely to me. In Pele's case, he's always expressed that he never really liked the name. He said when called him 'Pele' in school he was very annoyed and would often get into fights for it. Pele's comment seems to be too offensive to believe. But he too has benefited from the 'Pele' brand.

Ronaldinho (Gaucho is not even his real name it is nickname ascribed to people of his region of Brazil. There several other Gauchos.) would never make such a comment since he has lucrative deals with nike and a change of name would mean a significant investment into the rebranding of the player.  If it is true nike will quickly shut them up.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 08:36:26 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 08:37:27 PM »

Ato, the article dated March 31. It coulda be an early April fools. It's from a student newspaper. Look at the other headlines. They all sound like jokes.

Offline bryonji

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 08:38:21 PM »
this was a funny one.................obviously a joke........... ;D

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 08:52:48 PM »
Added rising midfield star, known as Kaka, “What am I, a bird call or something? Dawg, my name is Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite or maybe Rick or Ricky. But I ain’t no mating call. I hate the media.”

I am quite sure Kaka doh talk like that

T&T welcomes back...the King

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »
lol...imagine kaka calling man dawg and ting.... :rotfl:
Back in Trini...

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 08:56:43 PM »

fuh real...de man does wear a shirt reading "I belong to Jesus" under his jersey

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline madmonn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 09:54:11 PM »
If dats de case then man have to buy 2 jerseys because dem long ass name surely not fitting on 1 jersey....lol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 09:56:23 PM »

fuh real...de man does wear a shirt reading "I belong to Jesus" under his jersey

go hadda change it to the "Jesus is my homeboy" ones
Back in Trini...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 10:02:12 PM »

go hadda change it to the "Jesus is my homeboy" ones

LOL

And "Whaddup God, whaddup gannngsta!"
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 10:44:48 PM »

Ato yuh know Puff Daddy did actually change his name... i cyah tell now whedda he go slap meh if we call he p diddy or p daddy or just diddy!

:rotfl:

I was so confused reading this ting oui!
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 11:19:13 PM »
"Pele recently complained, “My name is Edson Arantes Do Nascimento or translated to English, David Matthew Roy. That is what my parents named me and that is what I want to be called. Stupid Americans and your nicknames"

What confusing is how he blame the americans.....the US is new to football.....nobody from the US give them that name....football is only recently begining becoming big in the US......ESPN new to football......after these Mr whatever yuh name is leave Brazil is in the EPL or La Liga yuh playin in and yuh blamin the US....get real !!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 12:30:36 AM »
"Pele recently complained, “My name is Edson Arantes Do Nascimento or translated to English, David Matthew Roy. That is what my parents named me and that is what I want to be called. Stupid Americans and your nicknames"

What confusing is how he blame the americans.....the US is new to football.....nobody from the US give them that name....football is only recently begining becoming big in the US......ESPN new to football......after these Mr whatever yuh name is leave Brazil is in the EPL or La Liga yuh playin in and yuh blamin the US....get real !!!

It-was-a-joke. Pity I didn't post it on Aprils Fool's
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 12:34:56 AM »
From de time people see dis "“My name is Edson Arantes Do Nascimento or translated to English, David Matthew Roy..." dey should know is ah kicks article. How de hell Pele name could be that in English?  ::)

:devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 02:02:55 AM »
Toppa like you bored in arizona?  ;D or you looking for a tap :devil: anyways, nice one you ketch we good :-[

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 08:04:38 AM »
haha i know dis was kix from de time i read de title

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 08:46:20 AM »

I was going to nominate Ato cause he was first out the blocks!!
But trinbago seems a bit more enthusiastic about his opinion.
Mr Moderator I would like to nominate trinbago for the davyjenny award for 2006

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 08:48:56 AM »
This article is a pact of shyte!!!!! >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2006, 08:56:22 AM »
buh like you is ah week behind schedule....de joke only now reach in ya snail mail or wha ? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
dat Pele one is DE BEST :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah now come back on the forum :rotfl: :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2006, 11:21:29 AM »
buh like you is ah week behind schedule....de joke only now reach in ya snail mail or wha ? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:D Well if ah had posted it on April 1st everybody woulda know it was shit talk and dey wouldna geh ketch.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2006, 12:35:46 PM »
:D Well if ah had posted it on April 1st everybody woulda know it was shit talk and dey wouldna geh ketch.
THAT is VERY TRUE :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
sorry to rain on ya parade....................you did ketch we doh

:devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2006, 12:57:27 PM »
In a surprising turn of events, the Brazilian National Team has requested to be called by their real names in the upcoming World Cup. As it turns out, the players have long despised being referred to by their nicknames.

Pele recently complained, “My name is Edson Arantes Do Nascimento or translated to English, David Matthew Roy. That is what my parents named me and that is what I want to be called. Stupid Americans and your nicknames. What is Pele? I don’t even know what that means!”

Ronaldihno confirmed this sentiment when he explained, “I mean, at least in the past the names were original like Pele and Zico. Now they are all the same. What, you couldn’t think of any new ones after Ronaldo, so you just add ‘ihno’?! Plus there’s already a Christian Ronaldo. The lack of originality is tasteless. I want to be called my real name, Gaucho.”

The new starting lineup for Brazil will now read: Luis Nazario do Lima, Adriano Leite Ribeiro, Robson de Souza, Lucimar da Silva Ferreira, Marcos Evangelista de Moraes, Roberto Carlos De Silva, Jose Vitor Roque Junior, Diego Rumas da Cuhno, Jose Roberto da Silva Junior, Nelson de Jesus Silva, and Ronaldo de Assis Moreira. Opinions have sprung up throughout the footballing world. Although ESPN is excited by the possibility of an in-game name-matching game, announcers are lamenting the change. “Considering the talent on the Brazilian team, it could be 4-0 by the time we finish reading the starting lineups!” exclaimed Tommy Smith.

Meanwhile, Nike is confounded by exactly how to fit these new names onto the backs of jerseys. Phil Knight offered an explanation, saying, “We don’t have print that small. But hey, we could just slap a swoosh on reusable name tags and people will still buy it.”

Although sponsors are trying to convince them otherwise, the Brazilian team is staunch in its stance. The overall team sentiment was best summed up by the brash young player formerly known as Robinho, “Who you calling a ho?!!”

http://www.tsl.pomona.edu/?page=sports&article=1464&issue=51
:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
Best laugh I've had all day!

If yuh click the link & check the date of the article it say March 31, 2006 which means it came out just in time for All Fools Day!! Nice one David Roids, yuh good!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 01:02:05 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 03:39:12 PM »
and somewhere, a NIKE football executive drinks gramoxone (or its US equivalent)....trust me when I tell you that this will go away quickly. No-one wants to wear a Edson Arantes Do Nascimento shirt, or a Ronaldo de Assis Moreira shirt.

They want Pele and Ronaldo. This is like Prince and PUFF DADDY changing their name...nobody cares what THEY want, it is what people know u as. I can change my name to DVDMANBUYMEHTING Boldon.

I GO STILL BE ATO to the whole damn world....this is a non story cuz its stuipd....Let them doh play. To do this now is stupid...I watching the date to see if is APRIL 1 still.

Ato boy... mind that name STICK on yuh   :rotfl: :rotfl:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2006, 04:45:03 PM »
from first sight i hoping it was a joke. after the first few sentences, and checking the april fools eve date, i started to smile again. imean, iwas really concerned at the title.can't believe fellars read the whole thing and still get ketch...
    say wha,fellers  may genuinely  not be sure how brazilians speak...

1]; } ?>