May 14, 2024, 02:14:19 PM

Author Topic: Which of our National players could be in the EPL?  (Read 8708 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Which of our National players could be in the EPL?
« on: February 23, 2006, 09:38:46 AM »
It have some real knowledgeable fans and followers of the EPL so I ask the following questions to those who know and who could make an honest  informed assessment.( we know Shaka already dey)

If you were to objectively assess the quality of our present players on the national  team:

1.which players do you think would fit and be able to play with a team the English Priemier Laegue?

2. which clubs would be best suited for specific players from our national team?

3. What role/position  could one of our players best  fit with a present Priemier league team to ensure that they are playing on a regular basis?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 09:40:52 AM by AlbertaTrini »

TrinInfinite

Re: Which of our National players could be in the EPL?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 09:41:21 AM »
good question, spann, whitley, edwards, prob birchall, grey maybe, if stern ould do something in dese warm -ups and against czech, he could b in line for epl

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 09:48:43 AM »
good question, spann, whitley, edwards, prob birchall, grey maybe, if stern ould do something in dese warm -ups and against czech, he could b in line for epl

Cyd has been playing better but come on!!!! The EPL!

Yorke (one last hurah)
Stern (would score more from better service)
Spann, Whitley & Edwards (with some time might break into the starting team)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 09:54:43 AM »
Edwards & Spann
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 10:09:13 AM »
Whitley - Arsenal - replacement for Viera

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 11:10:24 AM »
What do our players possess that entitles them to play at this level?

Why are  more of our players not  playing at this level?

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 11:19:37 AM »
I'm not that familiar with the Warriors, so I can;t comment on them. What I would say though, is that Shaka is a great keeper and I wash we had offered him a new contract, he is definately Premiership Class, but he is getting on a bit now.

Our current team has some very good players. Sean Davis, Pedro Mendes, Gary O'Neil, Matty Taylor, yet we are still struggling. Having been on the EPL for our third season, I look at the team we have now and compare it to the teams we have had in the past and our current squad is light years above anything we have had in my life time, yet we are still struggling. People underestimate the quality of the Premiership, it is far superior to the Coca Cola Championship (Tossy marketing speak for the first division).

It makes you realise just how good La Liga is :o

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 11:30:49 AM »
Whitley same position and York a midfiled pos. I think Whitley and Yor will fit in grate with any outfit.I pick Whitley for his pase, condition and touch on the ball. Maybe Edwards with Bolton on the overlap. I like Edwards chances coming to think of it. Colin Samuel and don't forget Stern

fabio

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 11:31:52 AM »
honestly, i dont we have ONE player as of right now that could play in d EPL. to play in d EPL yuh need something special. something a lil above the rest. it not going to come down to just skills alone. it comes down to technical and tactical ability....speed.....agility......being able to think fast. EPL is a high standard. i think yorke set that standard and had something special in him to play there. i think latas coulda do d same. as for other players, as of right NOW....NONE of them can play at that level. dias is wah i feel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 11:37:42 AM »
Why are  more of our players not  playing at this level?

I eh goin and speculate as to de why's, but from a reality standpoint our players have hardly been able to establish themselves in the lower divisions, far less for the EPL.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 11:44:24 AM »
Steups...
I am Whitley biggest fan, but I eh feel he quite ready for EPL.
Be serious.
Allyuh men on dis board eh playin allyuh could go overboard. A few months ago he wasn't even makin most a allyuh squad.
Cyd Grey?
EPL?
Double steups
Allyuh really feel these top divisions is real shit leagues. Just cuz a man have a good game against BAHRAIN! it eh mean d man could play in d EPL
Birchall eh in d EPL for a reason. Maybe in time, but for right now, uh uh.
Carlos has the most potential out of all our current crop of players.
A nex ting daz piss me off is when men compare our players to established stars.
Whitley the next Viera?
Yuh on kicks or yuh really dat clueless?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

fabio

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 12:15:02 PM »
Steups...
Be serious.
Allyuh men on dis board eh playin allyuh could go overboard. A few months ago he wasn't even makin most a allyuh squad.
Cyd Grey?
EPL?
Double steups
Allyuh really feel these top divisions is real shit leagues. Just cuz a man have a good game against BAHRAIN! it eh mean d man could play in d EPL
A nex ting daz piss me off is when men compare our players to established stars.
Whitley the next Viera?

marcos, enlighten them boy. dais is how we stop. we full of shit. people doesnt tink realistically. everything is jess to open up dey arse and talk. EPL is top 3 leagues in the world. yuh need something special to play in dem league. i will say it again...SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!!.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 12:22:51 PM »
Whitley is a raw talent who likes to take de game into his own hands (or feet). He will take it upon himself to conjure up a run or a beats to get the ball foward, he has a unique style of play. Although he is very skilled, I think La Liga is a better place for him than EPL b/c if he goes there (EPL) he will have others dictate his style of play for him, not he himself.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 12:25:43 PM »
stern   yorke   whitley  spann  edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 12:37:31 PM »
whitley was on ah interview on Total Football and they ask him where he prefer to play after de world cup and he say de MLS.  lol. He say how dem does play his style of football......lol

yorke,

jones (yuh ent see how he held his own against newcastle?),

edwards (well done against liverpool) and

stern (top score for birmingham in their first season in the prem)   

are my picks
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 12:52:05 PM »
I figure Kenwyne Jones and Carlos Edwards have the best chance.

Stern is good finisher but other departments of his game are missing.  That is why he couldnt hold a spot in Birmingham squad.  To say that he would score goals in the premiership for a side that gives him better service is a given - but teams want more than a man who could be on the end of a cross. So until his overall game improve, i feel Stern's chances of returning to Premiership are very slim.  As far as I can see, he have to run harder off the ball, try to be offside less, and improve his 1st touch when under pressure - when he was playing in the Premiership his touch looked heavy relative to other player and he turned over the ball alot.

fabio

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 01:06:38 PM »
I respect all of alyuh opinion. i just disagree. respect tho. doh study me. that is y it is ah forum. :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 01:09:49 PM by flavio »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 01:19:11 PM »

fabio

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 01:21:42 PM »

AHHHHHHH!!!!! ah did not even think of him. Yes, i agree :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »
honestly, i dont we have ONE player as of right now that could play in d EPL. to play in d EPL yuh need something special. something a lil above the rest. it not going to come down to just skills alone. it comes down to technical and tactical ability....speed.....agility......being able to think fast. EPL is a high standard. i think yorke set that standard and had something special in him to play there. i think latas coulda do d same. as for other players, as of right NOW....NONE of them can play at that level. dias is wah i feel

I think there are fringe players at some of the lesser EPL teams (Sunderland, West Brom for eg).....who aren't necessarily more "special" than some of our better players.....I might be wrong, but that is my premonition.

To be a regular key player on a "big side"....sure you need something special, but to break into a lesser squad as a role player ? I think some of our better players could do it based on pure ability........opportunities aren't easy to come by though.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 01:40:01 PM »

AHHHHHHH!!!!! ah did not even think of him. Yes, i agree :beermug:

Marvin cannot cut it in the EPL. Come on fellahs. Jean-Allain Boumsong was brought in to replace Dog and was better than him and is considered one of the worst buys in the EPL.

Anyway to answer the question.
C. Edwards
S. John
K. Jones

and maybe Yorke to some extent. I still think Steve Bruce didn't give him a fair chance.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 01:45:29 PM »
Steups...
Be serious.
Cyd Grey?
EPL?
Double steups
Whitley the next Viera?

ah really that cluless

Edit: answer meh 1 ting doh....
Wha the hell we doin at the world Cup bro....we gone to get embarass or we just not fraid to follow up on ah dream...maybe they had ah lottery this time an we get it...or did we play to the best of our abltiy and scrape thru ?
Look if any Intl. player from Grenada or St Lucia play to the best of their ability, they could play anywhere....the problem usually lies in commitment  & discipline to achieving that best
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 01:50:38 PM by maxg »

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 01:51:12 PM »
Whitley - Arsenal - replacement for Viera

I second that.

Also Edwards and maybe Spann.

Cyd Gray could do well b/c athletic talent. He just has to play within himself. Not flashy, just solid. Like Gary Neville with wheels.

And of course, Hardest and Dwarika.
TnT Patriot

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 01:57:57 PM »
Silvio Spann

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 02:02:55 PM »
nah, ah sure the last 2 cyar handle success

ah wonder how many Trini or anybody else thought we would one day have some of the fastest men in the whole WORLD coming outta the Caribbean....or think the Olympics 100 metres is ah joke race, so that is why we placing in it..

Individual and team thing is 2 different thing, but I will repeat, i am of the belief, if Whitley puts his mind(and body & soul) to it, and gets the opportunity, he can play in the EPL.. If other ppl disagree, prove or disprove it. ;)

10 yrs ago would anybody believe Dog would be playing with Rangers, probably only dog and his true supporters..some ppl like they still doh believe it

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 02:18:29 PM »
And of course, Hardest and Dwarika.

:rotfl:  a second dat one  :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 03:01:25 PM »
honestly i can't see cyd gray playing in epl i ain't care how much athleticism or heart and determination etc he have.  no disrespect intended.  EPL is a top league. he go move from pfl to epl?

jones due to age. and he is a good player that should only get better.  if i had to sign one TT player i would take a gambe with him.

edwards- he good but the jump to epl level from a lower league is huge. this ain't like  moving from 2nd 11 to 1st eleven in ssfl.

If a team looking for an experienced man, might give dwight a yr or 2 and he could still hold the ball up better than a lot of players.

Right now jones and yorke maybe but as far as STARTING regularly no. hopefully somebody rip up in germany and.

cyd gray? no
i ain't any expert just an opinion that i hope will be proven wrong after the WC

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 03:05:59 PM »
 I know men go disagree but I think Stern...It is according to the partnership he in...He should be in a partnership similar to the Cole and Vassel of Man City...I think he could hold up the ball good and get on the end of quality balls,while his strike partner would be the one with the speed causing trouble to the next defense, while Stern clean up after rebounds etc.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 03:07:03 PM »
When Dwarikah was in his prime he was playin in a low league
again,
in the EPL they doh play against teams with the ability of Bahrain
There is a reason we eh have men playin in d EPL now, and is not jus cuz managers eh like Yorke head.
For a team to bring in an international player you have to be better than what they already have.
None of our guys with the exception of the aforementioned C Edwards, K Jones and maybe Spann offer that.
Whitmore in his prime, who I rate higher than Whitley at this point, never make it to the EPL.
I eh bad talking anybody. I hope they all get big contracts, but I just really eh seein it right now.
All EPL men technically sound.
Cyd Grey's technique eh all dat, and honestly, neither is Whitley's.
I think this is why Rahim has gotten so many chances despite being less talented than others., He has better technique.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 03:51:07 PM »
Whitley, Edwards and Birchall

and how allyuh forgettin we boy latas so... d man could play in any league in d world.

i not sure bout spann yet, hope he proves me wrong

1]; } ?>