May 04, 2024, 08:47:50 PM

Author Topic: The Most Dotish Question..Who MARKING WANCHOPE?  (Read 1130 times)

The Most Dotish Question..Who MARKING WANCHOPE?
« on: March 30, 2005, 08:44:30 AM »
Fellas I read a post lower down by kingK

now lemme extract a small quote

At the back, St Clair tried both the lanky Dennis Lawrence and Anton Pierre at the stopper position as replacements for injured Glasgow Rangers defender Marvin Andrews, with Lawrence seeming to get the nod.

While Brent Sancho, Atiba Charles and Keyeno Thomas jostled to fill the man-marking positions, at all times Carlos Edwards and Marlon Rojas occupied the flanking defensive positions, indicating that St Clair was opting once more for the 3-5-2 system.

It will be no surprise to see England-based Yorke in the attacking central midfield position after yesterday's session, while both Eve and Spann vied for the defensive midfield roles.

Alyuh done see how we flop up already.

I watched the game last night on Gayelle and woeful marking by tallman,Sancho and Pierre cause all d goals. TT shoulda win that game.

But anyway lewwe put some common sense here. Instead of going on radio and going in town and signing autograph and tiring outtheyself.They shoulda be watching tape after tape of this costa rica side and preparing.

The defenders shoulda watch every move Wanchope have, The fella named Marin and the next one inthe center name Solis.

But realistically, eve and spann for def mid....we ent winning nuttin there, as one might not play and the other doe tackle.

The giraffe does get burn, Sancho is a fresh breeze swiper, Edwards doe tackle and Pierre Slow.

I really want to know who going and mark Wanchope.............or we ent studying he, same way we ent study Ruiz.

What I would like to suggest is we put on a man as a sacrifical pawn.

Enter Cyd gray or Keyno Thomas or Even Dereck King..........This is the only role they have to perform and let the rest of the team do their job after.

Come on the field and hit Wanchope the BLADE OF HIS LIFE........Incapacitate him, take yuh yellow and we will sub you. At the same time he comes orf the field on a stretcher.

If you posters find this is not becoming of a TT football side....realise this is WC and these are tactics which we have failed to employ, hence we have not qualified for a WC thus far.

Also for those who have short memories, and for those of us who are new to this forum......Costa Rica successfully carried out this exact game plan two world cup campaigns ago. They did so in the Queens Park Oval on our then most beloved and most skillful player a Mr. R. Latapy.......he lasted a mere 12 minutes and was hustled orf to St Clair with No insurance from the TTFF. 

The sacrificial player costa Rica used.........a man with the nick name "The Hatchet" H. Montero, and he get away with not even a yellow card.

So, I trying to help alyuh in what ever way I can to suggest ways for us to win this game.

Also bench Stern John and give him a bush bath.....Start Jones and Glenn, SUbs... Sealy and Sam.

I will also be there in my red Jersey from 3pm in Stands.

Will post the report Later!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 12:01:56 PM by Touches »

Re: The Most Dotish Question..Who MARKING WANCHOPE?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 09:41:36 AM »
Come on the field and hit Wanchope the BLADE OF HIS LIFE........Incapacitate him, take yuh yellow and we will sub you. At the same time he comes orf the field on a stretcher.

Look how this friggin thing  have man like touches calling to take out man. T I understand your frustration (well you more involved than me) but to say that we should spitefully hurt someone is carzy talk! The man have to make ah living after the game, and the way freaky things can happen and end man career.. we have to be careful if we go that route!

But your right in ah sense though..send in wild man extraordinaire Cyd G to just shake him up a bit!

All the best today Warriors!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 12:20:33 PM »

now lemme extract a small quote

At the back, St Clair tried both the lanky Dennis Lawrence and Anton Pierre at the stopper position as replacements for injured Glasgow Rangers defender Marvin Andrews, with Lawrence seeming to get the nod.

While Brent Sancho, Atiba Charles and Keyeno Thomas jostled to fill the man-marking positions, at all times Carlos Edwards and Marlon Rojas occupied the flanking defensive positions, indicating that St Clair was opting once more for the 3-5-2 system.

It will be no surprise to see England-based Yorke in the attacking central midfield position after yesterday's session, while both Eve and Spann vied for the defensive midfield roles.

Alyuh done see how we flop up already.

I watched the game last night on Gayelle and woeful marking by tallman,Sancho and Pierre cause all d goals. TT shoulda win that game.

But anyway lewwe put some common sense here. Instead of going on radio and going in town and signing autograph and tiring outtheyself.They shoulda be watching tape after tape of this costa rica side and preparing.

The defenders shoulda watch every move Wanchope have, The fella named Marin and the next one inthe center name Solis.

But realistically, eve and spann for def mid....we ent winning nuttin there, as one might not play and the other doe tackle.

The giraffe does get burn, Sancho is a fresh breeze swiper, Edwards doe tackle and Pierre Slow.

I really want to know who going and mark Wanchope.............or we ent studying he, same way we ent study Ruiz.

Enter Cyd gray or Keyno Thomas or Even Dereck King..........This is the only role they have to perform and let the rest of the team do their job after.

If you posters find this is not becoming of a TT football side....realise this is WC and these are tactics which we have failed to employ, hence we have not qualified for a WC thus far.

Also for those who have short memories, and for those of us who are new to this forum......Costa Rica successfully carried out this exact game plan two world cup campaigns ago. They did so in the Queens Park Oval on our then most beloved and most skillful player a Mr. R. Latapy.......he lasted a mere 12 minutes and was hustled orf to St Clair with No insurance from the TTFF. 

The sacrificial player costa Rica used.........a man with the nick name "The Hatchet" H. Montero, and he get away with not even a yellow card.

So, I trying to help alyuh in what ever way I can to suggest ways for us to win this game.

Also bench Stern John and give him a bush bath.....Start Jones and Glenn, SUbs... Sealy and Sam.

I will also be there in my red Jersey from 3pm in Stands.

Will post the report Later!

Touches - Latas lasted more than 12 mins of the forst half before he got that swiping tackle.
The CR players also got carded if i remember correctly.
Still, not a bad price to pay to incapacitate the T&T engine room.
We lost our entire campaign on that one play, and Vranes was fired.
We end up with 1 pt in 6 games.
In 2001, similar way we end up.
We tyhreatening to end up like that again if we dont win today.
Thats how important it is for us.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 12:26:53 PM »

Touches, you understand the depth of our problem.  Your solution although realistic and a form of that is used in international football, we should not cross that line.

Breds, but I understand yu