May 22, 2024, 07:54:30 AM

Author Topic: Terry Fenwick Thread.  (Read 234203 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Who de hell Terry Fenwick think he is?
« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2010, 09:55:03 AM »
Dais ah tough one as two wrongs doh make a right.....Glen was an ass to pelt that cuff at dat player however Fenwick in his anger should not have rest that calpet on de man...whatever point he could have made was totally lost... but the brawl at de end make we look like Jamaicans....no class and no discipline....

ah know somebody did have to throw a lil word for we neighbor an dem ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2010, 09:55:44 AM »
i don't see whats the big deal.. I see Sevilla coach ring up Luis Fabiano face on the sidelines from an identical incident.. and he had to take that and cool because he know he do real shit...

so if Luis Fabiano could get that, then who the hell is Cyrano Glen?

allyuh want to encourage indiscipline? steups

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2010, 09:57:16 AM »
Shocking! Amazing Glen eh hit him a butt and two kick.

On another note: the state of the stadium pitch looked appalling. How can you ever
market a product under those conditions.

I made the same observation re: the pitch but as it was mentioned to me, T&T been goin through a serious drought this year and WASA ban de waterin of grass so no way dem was goin and water a sports facility.

Given that water was a scarce commodity for such a prolonged period, it's understandable that the pitch was in that condition.  To me anyways
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2010, 09:57:30 AM »
Take ah tap in yuh stupid arse.  :angel: You winning stay PROFESSIONAL. You do that against ah bigger team and jabloteh chances of winning down the drain. Men have to learn to keep they head. Tap him up Coach.  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2010, 09:58:50 AM »
wah's de scene ?? ent Sir Alex pelt ah shoes at David" The world's most famous footballer "  Beckham ? Dat eh make de kinda news it shoudda ....and Dwight nearly get he foot beak from Souness , he coach . It must be ah kinda coach liscence ...like poetic liscence ....where ah coach could tap you up because he in charge ah de team ...Dais why I probably give up football early !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2010, 10:04:15 AM »

On another note: the state of the stadium pitch looked appalling. How can you ever

I made the same observation re: the pitch but as it was mentioned to me, T&T been goin through a serious drought this year and WASA ban de waterin of grass so no way dem was goin and water a sports facility.

Given that water was a scarce commodity for such a prolonged period, it's understandable that the pitch was in that condition.  To me anyways

Nah palos dey spay something on de field ...I does be there 3 times a week ....is something they sprayed around the perimeter that burn up de grass ...the middle of de field is green ...before it was all green and den one day yuh see signis of spraying ...
dey mus be fire de gardener and tell him in advance ..so he leave ah reminder of how it was

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 20, 2010, 10:06:16 AM »
Dais ah tough one as two wrongs doh make a right.....Glen was an ass to pelt that cuff at dat player however Fenwick in his anger should not have rest that calpet on de man...whatever point he could have made was totally lost... but the brawl at de end make we look like Jamaicans....no class and no discipline....
I agree with yuh on the first part but the second part about we looking like Jamaicans is nonsense. What they suppose to do, stand up and take ah cutt arse?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2010, 10:11:51 AM »

Yeah real pressure right now... the whole northern range bun down... and all grass fields hard hard and dry... serious drought... that field looking good considering
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2010, 10:15:08 AM »
I agree with yuh on the first part but the second part about we looking like Jamaicans is nonsense. What they suppose to do, stand up and take ah cutt arse?

But dais where even more discipline comes in....you have to walk to be able to walk away from that...when the fines and the bans come down they are usually levied on everyone who participated ....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2010, 10:17:17 AM »
Glen reacted with a physical action in a moment of anger. Fenwick (the coach) action was also physical in a moment of anger. How could that be right? Fenwick reaction is no different from Glen's! So all Glen learned is that its ok to react physically when angered. IMHO
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 20, 2010, 10:25:19 AM »

but the brawl at de end make we look like Jamaicans....no class and no discipline....

This why I  said many time that many Trinis suffer from an inferiority complex. What does JA has to do with this brawl. The only thing JA about this incident is the ref. And he did a good job. Look them PR would ah never attack JA players in JA yard. The TT players were trying to avoid the fight. And I thought it probably had to do with Cyrano Glen getting in confrontation with Fenwick. So them guys tried to be peacemakers. But when they see the PR wanted to carry on, they started bussin' cuff in they arse. What you want them men to do? Take licks from bunch of losers. That is the normal modus operandi of SOME(not all) latino teams. I am notspreading a broad brush against Hispanics. I have witness this behaviour in the local Salvadorans/Hondurans leagues in DC/VA/MD.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:26:53 AM by Deeks »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 20, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »

but the brawl at de end make we look like Jamaicans....no class and no discipline....

This why I  said many time that many Trinis suffer from an inferiority complex. What does JA has to do with this brawl. The only thing JA about this incident is the ref. And he did a good job. Look them PR would ah never attack JA players in JA yard. The TT players were trying to avoid the fight. And I thought it probably had to do with Cyrano Glen getting in confrontation with Fenwick. So them guys tried to be peacemakers. But when they see the PR wanted to carry on, they started bussin' cuff in they arse. What you want them men to do? Take licks from bunch of losers. That is the normal modus operandi of SOME(not all) latino teams. I am notspreading a broad brush against Hispanics. I have witness this behaviour in the local Salvadorans/Hondurans leagues in DC/VA/MD.

Talk about inferiority complex....wow..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 20, 2010, 10:43:55 AM »

Talk about inferiority complex....wow..

Look MEP,
                 If them PR had gone in any other country they would ah get a cut arse. JA are not the only people who would have reacted that way. Wrong is wrong. Them PR wrong, Jabloteh should not be a rough up team but they should not be a wimp team either.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #343 on: April 20, 2010, 10:56:10 AM »
Fenwick action is nothing out of the norm for the level of the PFL. You see i all the time with the pseudo-professesional athletes in college sports and in some pro managers.

Some managers style is to be uber disciplianarian and physical with their players. Some players respond positively to it, most don't. It look like Glen had to think twice before letting it pass. The BIG problem for Fenwick is that, based on the brawl and the fact that he could not control his team, it is clearly not working.

Crazy scene all around. Including the security personnel who thought that letting off a shot was a good idea for calming things down. Them men watching too much western.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »
i don't see whats the big deal.. I see Sevilla coach ring up Luis Fabiano face on the sidelines from an identical incident.. and he had to take that and cool because he know he do real shit...

so if Luis Fabiano could get that, then who the hell is Cyrano Glen?

allyuh want to encourage indiscipline? steups
       The era and times these guys playing in it's a lot of things they have to take don't matter how big they think they are,once you under any kind of contract there are a lot at stake because is your career you playing with,some still choose to take situations and deal with it personally knowing there will be consequences,as a player everything you do on and off the field affects the team/club that's why it's so important to think before you act,i don't think Fenwick was right to hit anybody but i understand as a disciplinarian how he felt at the spur of the moment.  

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #345 on: April 20, 2010, 11:00:03 AM »
De man clout up Cyrano Glen as he comin off de field like if he is a little boy.

Me eh care who is coach......Fenwick woulda take some licks there and then

You eh embarassin me like dat, especially in front a people without colleckin a serious buss head

I cyah believe wha I see dey in trute.  Who de ass dis man tink he is in trute?

Dey should kick he MC out de forkane country!  >:(

And dis is who allyuh want to be we national team coach?  ::)

When I saw it, the first thing I said to myself is "WTH?"

After watching it over and over, I cannot say I would have accepted that. My initial reaction might have been to retaliate?

However, I have seen coaches hit players many times at HIGHER levels for the exact same reason (silly red cards). I also remember watching a EPL game and a player got sent off for a dumb retaliation. The captain ran up to him and clout the red carded player (I will try to find the highlight on Youtube).

Does that mean that they are right? Absolutely NOT. I am just saying these things happen all the time. Maybe the 1st time you saw it?

I was shocked but not surprised. I myself don't know how I would have reacted. Maybe after in the locker room? I don't know?

It is really something to think about.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #346 on: April 20, 2010, 11:06:30 AM »
I haven't seen the clip but if that is the case that is highly unacceptable truly unprofessional conduct especially by a coach.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 20, 2010, 11:32:13 AM »
I haven't seen the clip but if that is the case that is highly unacceptable truly unprofessional conduct especially by a coach.

All yuh 4get he elbow d Brazilian 4 d world 2 c what is a lil clout.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 20, 2010, 11:35:56 AM »
I saw de video. As I said before Fenwick is too toxic, polarizing and selfish for national football.
Dah was an understatement actually. So all those who have no self respect and civic pride and want to join the chorus genuflecting to this guy's every utterance, can go ahead. Yes, his fighting spirit is infectious and generally good for the tribal concerns of club football but he has some other dangerous stuff in his closet that we eh tolerating in this country that supposedly has celebrated independence.

Recommendations:

1. Allow him to apologize and move on.
2. Let him stay at Jabloteh and continue to do a good job, with some oversight protection of the players
3. Request FPATT to make a no-nonsense statement about where we draw the line in the code of conduct of coaches (local and foreign) with our local players. Clayton Morris and Shaka are you hearing? Does FPATT still exist btw? Have some friggin' stones and say something man.
4. Keep Fenwick's psychotic hands off the national team.

Good thread title by palos btw.
Yeah.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 20, 2010, 11:42:20 AM »

because i know i have class i wont even respond to your low life comment, and well respected and intelligent trinis already clarified it. watching this video i am outrage as any other trini with these shit Spanish people. when some one attack you in your own country you cannot let them leave without facing the consequences, and talk about discipline when you did not start it. the guys are even running and they still chasing them. the Mexican youngsters try it in Jamaica before and got f*CKUP. CHECK THIS VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDb-erQmGnY

there national team also tried it the last time the lose in Kingston, but most of our players  are 6 foot and over so the little Mexicans got rolled over. its a pitty it was not a match against Tivali. i hope CFU ban them for life.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:11:14 PM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 20, 2010, 11:45:20 AM »
This reminds me of the "Malace in the Palace". This behavior is highly unacceptable!!!! By Glen, Fenwick and all other players involved. Let's see how serious our league is in putting out and maintaining a professional image and if they really want to be taken seriously by FIFA and other investors. I think Dexter Skeene or who ever is in charge needs to review the tapes and discipline all our players involved including the coach, whether it be fines, suspensions, etc. because this cannot be tolerated no matter who's right or wrong. He need to take a Roger Goodell stance and lay the hammer down because as a fellow Trinidadian, that is embarassing to watch and is a disgrace to the sport. As a professional or even as a sportsman for the matter you have to learn to keep your emotions in check (easier said than done) and let the officials to their job, if they don't file a protest to the committee but that got way out of hand IMO.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 20, 2010, 11:59:55 AM »
There is no doubt that Fenwick was out of line.  But that happens frequently between coaches and players.  I do think that Fenwick should be disciplined by the league for that and I respect Cyrano Glen for not retaliating.

On the second story:  The Puerto Ricans are lucky that this is not Jamaica.  The Local players were attacked and had to defend themselves.  Look  at the video and you would see the local players backing away, some ruling away and being chased by the River Plate players.  That team should be disciplined by FIFA.  That is uncalled for.  Simply a bunch of hooligans.  Imagine trying that in a foreign country.  Thank God for disciplined, respectful Trinidadians.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 20, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »
And Fergie pelt Bechham with a football boots and buss he face, whats new. it was just done in public, them thing does go on all the time. just my opinion. it may not be right, but it does happen
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 20, 2010, 12:10:54 PM »
Glenn and the red card guys already punished. Fenwick will have to discuss the situation with Glenn among the Jabloteh fraternity.

As for the brawl, our players were defending themselves. Those who claim our guys must be sanctioned, did not look at the tape. Our guys were trying to avoid the fight until they realized that the PR were too damn bone-headed and retaliated. We must commended our guys for avoiding the fight in the beginning, but jeez, there so much you can take.

Next time the PFL should hire police with shield and bootoo. Then everybody go say is over-kill.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 20, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »
Wait what Jabloteh players getting blame for? Alyuh blind or what? The Jab players retereating and the PR players coming after them. They cyah turn they back and collect ah drop kick to the back. The last second you see a Jab player running from the PR and dem and they chasing the man like he tief something. I eh see Jab player do nothing wrong (except for Glen).
What alyuh watching.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 20, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
Wait what Jabloteh players getting blame for? Alyuh blind or what? The Jab players retereating and the PR players coming after them. They cyah turn they back and collect ah drop kick to the back. The last second you see a Jab player running from the PR and dem and they chasing the man like he tief something. I eh see Jab player do nothing wrong (except for Glen).
What alyuh watching.
I eh go lie, if this was ah team from east dry river and dem spanish byoi did pull something like that, they woulda get  ah royal beaten and possibly, some body would've been killed!!!!

look's like is ah setta sissy players and supporters in jabloteh?? if that was belmont or EDR supporters, some body would ded from dat river plate team.

i remember in the eighties ah chilean team pull dat very same stunt and get the blow out of ah lifetime. spanish take off runnin up western main raod , down tragarette road, up towards the savannah not knowing weh the fack they was going!! it was ah royal beat down. 

marvin oliver and dem real let meh down! they make we look weak for crying out loud! runnin from ah bunch ah miggits.     :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 20, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »
It didn't look too good, yuh right Palos.

http://www.cbeanmedia.org/TV6NEWS_F4V/Links/jabloteh_in_brawl_with_river_plate_afer_1-0_victory_2010_04_19.htm

We can give the Jabs players credit. For the most part they avoided getting into the altercation. River Plate knew they had already lost and were trying to poison things for Jabs. Some of you know that post-match behavior on the field can still cause a player to get a red card. Just look at what happened to Dwight Yorke in the El Salvador game.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #357 on: April 20, 2010, 01:46:22 PM »
What alyuh watching.

Some people just a little dotish.
I admired the self control on the part of the Jab players.
Weren't they in a major brawl (Fenwick in it again) a few years back with W Connection. That fracas make this look like child's play.

By controlling themselves, they opened the door for their opponents to get even more red cards.
No we are not J'cans and perhaps this is why River Plate play brave so. However, there's a time to fight and a time to use your head.

I wouldn't a mind seeing R Plate get clout up doh  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 20, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »
After watching it again, the ref did his job in issuing the red cards but it's hard for me to tell who's at fault or why the whole brawl started after the match because it looked like both teams were exchanging words and a River Plate player attacker our keeper, then de shit get out of hand or maybe I'm really blind. I know all about standing up for your players and defending your team but when things goes to the extreme and gun shot firing by police and shit something must be done by our league administration.
Just last August in a college football game, in fact the opening game for Oregon, at the end of the game a player from the other team taunted the Oregon player during an exchange of words. That lead to the Oregon player to retaliate and punch the player, now eventhough the Oregon guy didn't start it he got banned for the entire season my his institution. However he showed remorse, appoliged by stating it wasn't called for and still showed committment by attending practice sessions and going to class. Afterwards they admitted him back on the team to play mid way through the season and he was a senior with high draft potential for the NFL. Now his lack of controlling if temper/emotions might've cost him millions since his stock might've dropped from lack of playing time who knows.
It's hard for me to sit and type about the situation when I wasn't involved in the heat of the moment and I know it is almost impossible to take a jump kick from an opposing player but things escalated to that extreme I still believe the league or Jabloteh have to make a stand and show that they do not tolerate this type of behavior from their players. If the River Plate team have any sort of expectations in regards to conduct from their players, they should do the same!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 20, 2010, 02:45:01 PM »
I saw de video. As I said before Fenwick is too toxic, polarizing and selfish for national football.
Dah was an understatement actually. So all those who have no self respect and civic pride and want to join the chorus genuflecting to this guy's every utterance, can go ahead.

So let mih see if ah get this right... if we in agreement with Fenwick's opinion/statements on the state of the national team and it's preparations that mean we eh have no "self respect and civiv pride"?  I think even you in a more level-headed moment would agree that this is bullshit.

As for Fenwick... I don't know if it was a blow (as a clout) or a push ("mush") to the back of the head.  I believe it makes a difference to the extent that one is less offensive than the other.  Not that his reaction is justified... as Observer properly pointed out, it was done in haste and anger... not the proper lesson you want to communicate to your players as a standard of professional player.  Assuming it was not indeed a blow to the back of Glen's head (a fair assumption on the evidence) then all this public opprobrium seem extra.

As for the security officers/police officers who fired the shots... incredibly irresponsible act and JDB has it pegged right, them men watching too much TV.  What goes up must come down... and here are hundreds, if not thousands of documented cases each year of people being injured by "falling" bullets.  That there was just plain reckless and points to poor/improper training.

1]; } ?>