May 16, 2024, 07:17:31 AM

Author Topic: I have a huge problem with how the team was dressed on arrival  (Read 22282 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I have a huge problem with how the team was dressed on arrival
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2006, 04:43:39 PM »
TTFF and the managers of the team must take the blame for having our team show up in Germany in track suit.  We must have standards if we are to be taken seriously or take ourself seriously.  No way are the English or the Swedes or dare say the Paraguayans landing in Germany with track suit with cap on etc.  WE MUST HAVE STANDARDS.  GO WARRIORS!

stueeeeeppppsssss....... all yuh really good yes wat else all yuh go tink bout to find fault wid we team,yuh mean as trinis we cyar be satisfied with going to the WC we still hah to hold the team to we so called 'standards' ...lawd, sometimes ah feel is better we didn't qualify becuz de kind a tata man coming up wid to find fault is a joke.For ppl  like peg and dem de world cup go come and go and all yuh go still be finding fault wid de team...regardless.
If yuh is a Trini now is time to show yuh true colours now eh time to criticize... dem breddars need all ah we to tink positive and show yuh support.We is de smallest nation at the WC and we still putting down we own players now eh time for dat,dah time past , now is time to stand up and be proud that yuh country is one ah the few that make it to WC .The people dat want to criticize yuh entitled buh wen yuh tink bout it to do dat now is like peltin kick at yuh own stones.
 Â                    GO WARRIORS ......................REGARDLESS !!!!!

Yup! Yup!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2006, 04:47:38 PM »
english look so boring in dem suits!   ;) No style whatsoever !! :rotfl:

Trinis look totally cool  :)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2006, 05:09:01 PM »
This is the same point that I made in my thread about the partying. It not professional to travel as a team like that and it not looking and sounding good when people saying we partying all the time because we make it to the world cup.

Now personally I like the track suits but it is all about the image that we are giving to the world. Somebody mentioned the West Indies team. They travel in suits so it is not unheard of in this part of the world. It is not as if we don't know. Think marvin Andrews at Rangers and Dwight when he was in the Premiership would travel in sweats with their teams.

We Reach and we have to act as if we reach.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »
This is the same point that I made in my thread about the partying. It not professional to travel as a team like that and it not looking and sounding good when people saying we partying all the time because we make it to the world cup.

Now personally I like the track suits but it is all about the image that we are giving to the world. Somebody mentioned the West Indies team. They travel in suits so it is not unheard of in this part of the world. It is not as if we don't know. Think marvin Andrews at Rangers and Dwight when he was in the Premiership would travel in sweats with their teams.

We Reach and we have to act as if we reach.

Look at the Brazil team and what they wore. Who reach more than dem? They wear what they're comfortable in. Peg was talking about our Third World mentality but I think he has a colonial mentality. Just because England and etc wear suit and ties does not mean that should be the standard for all the teams.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2006, 05:18:20 PM »
people ask stupid questions because you idiots who think we are looked down on, don't realise the ignorance of people around the world especially in north America. professionalism is shown in the perpetration you put in to get the job done. not in a monkey suit you wear on the way to the job. the time someone ask a dumb question like do you'll have streets, realise you from the third world country is more worldly having travel and educated yourself or have you, seeing that you may not be wearing a suit

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2006, 05:26:30 PM »
Even if the team show up in a suite or track suite....England, Sweden and Paraguay still not going to respect Trinidad and Tobago...they have to play and earn the other team's respect

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2006, 05:30:34 PM »
You ppl acting as if our warriors arn"t dapper please check this  ;)

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=15482.msg159846#msg159846

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2006, 05:56:45 PM »
« Reply #12 on: Today at 11:51:36 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And to think that people say that the English and others speak disparagingly about us.  It is for reasons like this.  Now I dont care one wit about the English what saddens me more is that apparently nobody sees anything wrong with showing up to greet mayor of city etc. and with worldwide press coverage with man in track suit.  You ever see anybody in the EPL do they interview post match in a track suit.  All Premiership teams have strict rules about a coat and tie and they representing a club.  Our team is representing a country and a region.  I would expect no less.

I agree...even our colege team when they travel when they exit the bus although they are in track suits, they cannot wear hats or sunglasses or be on their cell phones or music players.  Its the little things taht make the difference, like tracking an opposing player all the way back even if you think he may not get the ball.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »
That's how professionals dress.  Third World is a mentality
Hush yuh ass!!!

Third World Mentality!!!!!

Exactly what does that mean. I bet you would be just as upset if they wore some colourfull garments to represent the caribbean.

It seems that you are the one who needs to let go of your colonial mentality.
TnT Patriot

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2006, 06:38:40 PM »
We making a big deal out of nothing. First off, not because Brazil wearing sweat shorts and polo makes it ok for us to do it. They are Brazil A.K.A the best team in the world. They could wear flicking swin shorts right off a plane and still show their class on the field.

Now, if the managers and players feel most comfortable wearing sweat suits to germany, I don't see a problem with that. I am sure it was a collective decision (Yorke, Bennie and Manage).

Now look how England arrived today.

I understand your concern PEG. You trying to set standards. Your attire is very important. But as I said earlier, I don't think it would affect how we play in Germany.

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:40:14 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2006, 06:45:30 PM »
Ok..enough on this...I understand your pt PEG...but it is what it is...LETS MOVE ON  and concentrate on the task at hand.....
As with everything in life and with this being our 1st World Cup..its a learning experince...we are virgins to this ting....give dem some room.....but we all acknowledge your point....now leave it be !!

WE REACH !!!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
VIDEO: Warriors arrive in Germany
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2006, 10:11:10 PM »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VIDEO: Warriors arrive in Germany
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2006, 10:15:11 PM »
If ah hear "Soccer" Warriors one...more...time...
www.westindiantube.com

Offline djcuse

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2006, 10:19:54 PM »

I agree bro, damn whiteboys ain't do any research before hand..

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2006, 10:27:07 PM »

thanks for the vid...

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2006, 10:43:48 PM »

I agree bro, damn whiteboys ain't do any research before hand..

That bro....is a female

And a VERY cute one too ;)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2006, 10:47:39 PM »
World-Trinidad and Tobago end barren spell  
By Darren Ennis

HAMBURG, June 5 (Reuters) - Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker dismissed claims that his side were tired ahead of their opening World Cup game after they ground out a 2-1 win against German third division side St Pauli on Monday.

The World Cup debutants took the lead after 14 minutes through Kenwyne Jones to give the travelling support amongst the 20,000 sell-out crowd something to cheer about.

The drums began to beat even louder when Jason Scotland doubled his side's lead later in the first half.

The German team pulled back a goal through a penalty early in the second half. Trinidad and Tobago had defender David Charles sent off late in the game to compound an uncomfortable evening.

Trinidad and Tobago, who open their Group B account against Sweden on Saturday, have played five games in the past 13 days.

"I don't think we have played or prepared any different to any other team here," Beenhakker told reporters when asked about his busy schedule.

"You have to give players a chance to get as fit as possible and to see them perform as much as possible."

Asked about the red card, Beenhakker said: "I didn't really see any problem, but these things happen."

The Dutchman remained upbeat about his team's performance, especially after Saturday's 3-0 defeat to fellow finalists, the Czech Republic.

"This was a tough game and the type of game we expected and wanted," he said.

"It's good that we got the win after Saturday, especially since most of the players that played will probably not start against Sweden," Beenhakker said.

But for a good display from Trinidad goalkeeper, Clayton Ince, the home side could have given Beenhakker even more to ponder and went close to spoiling the Caribbean-style party.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2006, 10:50:51 PM »
WATCH EH SEE HOW EVERYBODY HAVE NUTTIN GOOD TO SYA BOUT WE ONLY EXPECTING DE WORSE..LET WE SUPRISE ANYOEN NAH..EVERY MAN JUMPING ON I DID KNOW WAGON.. OR I TOLD U SO.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2006, 12:37:45 PM »
the Japanese arriving... ::)

Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »
this is one retarded thread... who cares what they wuz wearing on... u see anybody on tv or any articles commenting on how we dress or any other team... no one cares

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2006, 12:55:34 PM »
sorry peg but i can't i agree wit ya on this one .the was dress for de occasion,its football the went to play .plus a suite don't have we national colors on it .ya making to much of it man ,lets not find negativity  this  stage in de game man.

warriors all day!
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »
At the risk of extending this ridiculous thread, I do think that PEG has a point.  Protocol for travelling as a team at this level usually requires that the dress be a bit more formal.

That being said, it still comes down to the preference of the specific Football Association.  Just because England does it does not automatically mean that it is "the" thing to do.  Brazil chose to be more casual as did Trinidad and Tobago, while England choce to wear tailored Armani suits, much like Australia and Japan.

I would have been upset if they chose to attend a formal dinner function in their track suiits.  But this situation is not worth making a fuss about.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 01:04:41 PM by Jahyouth »

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2006, 01:04:50 PM »
I REAL like dis thread oui

Somebody say de shoulda wear meiling...a next one say dey shoulda wear shirt jac  :rotfl: :rotfl:

well why not ah a parang outfit??...dey woulda look nice in dat

Beenie and WIm coulda hol de quattro and chac chac

SHIRT JAC????

Well yes, that is really one from the archives.

Anyway I find that the team look real good. I dare say that professionalism is not suit and tie but wearing the correct attire for the occasion. How would a professional swimmer look in a suit and tie during his event at the Olympics. As somebody above said, if they turn up in that for some official function like a dinner or something, well then somebody head needs examining.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2006, 01:10:27 PM »
1. We don't have enough money to afford Armani suits not even carry an extra player to the world cup.

2. We lucky they give we ah track suit to travel with.

3. Thank thee Lord for addidas or man will ah be wearing they own clothes.

4. Let's play ball.

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »
1. We don't have enough money to afford Armani suits not even carry an extra player to the world cup.

2. We lucky they give we ah track suit to travel with.

3. Thank thee Lord for addidas or man will ah be wearing they own clothes.

4. Let's play ball.

I real love this forum boy. Kicks fuh days.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2006, 01:18:53 PM »
Allyuh still ridin this thread?  :rotfl:

things seem to have taken a bad  turn with this thread,  I dont think peg was suggesting that de men and dem wear tuxedos or someting exclusively...people seem to be getting to hung up  ;) on de coat and tie

I think peg was just suggesting we could do lil better dan ah track suit...like all ah we, de man want to present our team in the best possible light

Perhaps a nice golf/polo shirt and some slacks would have worked as well.

Tangentially, there probably was a budget for sport coats and slacks...but jacket pocket da money to to rent ah convertible benz for panday

Personally I tink if de whole squad woulda ah come out in ah 'Best Village- la rene rivet' outfit. and limbo on de tarmac like all island boys can naturally do....it woulda look real hardcore
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2006, 01:20:03 PM »
Next thing TTFF ah hire one ah them men down in town to make thee parang outfit yes! Yuh know how they cheap! Just imagine we team show up walking off thee plane with some coconut shirt and black pants like is steel pan they playing.  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2006, 01:21:45 PM »
Personally I tink if de whole squad woulda ah come out in ah 'Best Village- la rene rivet' outfit. and limbo on de tarmac like all island boys can naturally do....it woulda look real hardcore

Kinna like dis nah?

www.westindiantube.com

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2006, 01:25:12 PM »

Kinna like dis nah?

A who is tha girl in tha picture deh boy? Thee one next to tha drag queen in brown or gold outfit?

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2006, 01:25:35 PM »
Leave the bulls alone nah :rotfl: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

1]; } ?>