May 07, 2024, 04:52:58 PM

Author Topic: CONCACAF’s road to FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Chile 2008 begins in May  (Read 940 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CONCACAF’s road to FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Chile 2008 begins in May
CONCACAF.com

The road to the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Chile 2008 begins in May 2007 for CONCACAF with the Central American Zone Qualification.

Costa Rica will face Panama while Guatemala meets Nicaragua in two home-and-away playoff series scheduled for 19-20 and 26-27 May, respectively, with the winners progressing to CONCACAF Women’s U-20 Final Round.

The two Central American qualifiers will join three Caribbean teams, Canada, Mexico and USA in the eight-team tournament, with venue and dates to be announced in due course, where three nations will advance to the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup.

Also, the inaugural CONCACAF qualification to the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup New Zealand 2008 starts this year in July in Central America.

El Salvador will host Costa Rica, Guatemala and Nicaragua in a quadrangular group from 18-22 July. The top two countries from the quadrangular will advance to the eight-team CONCACAF Final Round (along with three Caribbean teams, Canada, Mexico & USA), at dates and venues to be determined, where three squads will progress to the inaugural FIFA U-17 Women’s Cup.

2008 CONCACAF WOMEN’S UNDER-20 QUALIFICATION
Central American Zone

Home Team Listed First
19-20 May 2007
COSTA RICA – PANAMA
GUATEMALA – NICARAGUA

26-27 May 2007
PANAMA – COSTA RICA
NICARAGUA – GUATEMALA

2008 CONCACAF WOMEN’S UNDER-17 QUALIFICATION
Central American Zone

18-22 July 2007; EL SALVADOR
Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good Morning Guys,
                               When it comes to the men.s team, we does give them all the write up. Can we make some NOISE for the women. They does get real short change. The JA women team going to PANAM games(luck of the draw). Our women team in limbo. Leh we put the fire under the TTFF, the gov't and business to support the U-20. PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE!!!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
I all for supporting the women teams, but they need to have something about themselves man. I have always supported the women. I use to go to all the game when I was home, attend national training (still waiting to see the training) and follow them all over. There is a lot to be desired. Many of the ladies don't care, it's still a free plane ride and well now a free adidas kit. I have seen players far better than those on the national team and all they keep asking is what is the pupose of the national team or being on a national team?

Our players are not athletic, technique is poor, work ethic and attitude is minimal. NOw don't get me wrong there are the few who are really brilliant, but then you encounter the attitude. They need a new staff around the women's team if they are to achieve anything meaningful .
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good Morning Elan and all forumites who support TT women sport in general and football in particular. We know the situation when it comes to the women's game. There is nothing constant. Everything is still on a spur of the moment thing. Lets hope they don't send a team to the tournament with 2weeks prep. to get embarassed. Lets give some props for the women.

1]; } ?>