May 15, 2024, 01:41:52 PM

Author Topic: Ok.....some self disclosure  (Read 10450 times)

truetrini

Ok.....some self disclosure
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »
December 30th 2008, I stepped out of the shower and took a look at myself naked in front of the mirror and I looked liked I was about to make a baby....possibly twins.

I decided to do something about my weight gain and that infernal big belly.

I got on a scale and I weighed 219 lbs.  9.5 oz.  BMI was 31.6   BMI Categories:

* Underweight = <18.5
    * Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
    * Overweight = 25-29.9
    * Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

I searched the best diets and decided that dieting is shit!  Too hard and too any restrictions.  I made the decision to walk off the weight.

I found several websites on walking your way to health and combined with a better dietary regimen, I am proud to say that at weigh in today I am down to 192 lbs 0.6 oz!   27 f**king pounds already!  hahahahahahahahahahaha!  BMI  27.5   My ultimate goal is to reach 170 lbs come August 19th..just a random date I chose...no specific reason at all.

I am motivated to keep this up as I eat foods I like just smaller portions and have cut out fat and sugar from my diet.  I use around 16 grams of fat ONLY a day! I have also reduced the amount of sodium in my diet significantly...this was the hardest part of the diet as the food was at first very bland...now if there is a high salt content I can't eat the damn thing...lol

No more sweet drinks, no more juices, water and if I make lemonade or orange juice I squeezing fresh fruit and using Stevia as a sweetner.  NO SUGAR!

I have been walking 4-8 miles a day on average at around 4-6.5 minutes a mile.  and keeping my calorie intake to about 2000 a day, by eating 4 meals of 500 calories.

I have found that many times when I have an urge to eat I am really thirsty and I drink water.  For snacks I eat apples, grapes, 100 calorie bags of pop corn, pears, oranges etc.  Sometime a handful of nuts....all kinds.

SO now I am feeling fitter, went from a waist 38 to a waist 34, have to get new pants....lost plenty inches and looking MUCH better ....!  I walk about 20,000 steps a day now not too shabby up from 3000 when I first started!

Some stuff I discovered about food, exercise and plates...yes plates.

http://health.msn.com/dietfitnesswellnesscenter/

http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/countsteps.htm

http://walking.about.com/od/weightloss/a/slowwalk0605.htm    A VERY SURPRISING STUDY!

Twenty years ago, according to the NHLBI, a typical cheeseburger had 330 calories; today, it’s 590. The French fries you ordered on the side 20 years ago were a 2.4-ounce handful totaling 210 calories; today the standard order is a heaping 6.9 ounces, packing 610 calories.

The portion explosion has “supersized” foods beyond burger joints. A blueberry muffin that weighed 1.5 ounces, 210 calories, two decades ago now tips the scales at 5 ounces, 500 calories. We’re washing it down with a cup of coffee that used to be 8 ounces, 45 calories with milk and sugar, but now averages 16 ounces and 350 calories, with milk and “mocha” syrup. Bagels have grown from three inches in diameter, 140 calories, to six-inch behemoths with 350 calories.

Platers today are 22% larger than they were 40 years ago.  Imagine putting small portions on plates today you go feel yuh eh getting enough!  Check this out:

The Size of Your Dinner Plate
Newsletters

It's a good idea to keep an eye on the size of your dinner plate. Why? Because we know that we eat most of what is on our plate, no matter what size plate we use.

Take control of your portion sizes by downsizing your plate size. It's an easy change you can make today, and it can make weight loss easier. Switch from a dinner plate to a salad plate, or buy a smaller plate to use just for your own meals.

It sounds too good to be true, but using smaller dishes can also help you feel full when eating less. Studies have shown that people feel more satisfied with less food when they are served on 8-inch salad plates in place of 12-inch dinner plates.

At home, use smaller plates and bowls to serve your food. This will help to keep the portions smaller, and it will help you feel full eating less, too. When eating out, share an entree or ask for a lunch-size portion.

Healthy regards,
Megan Porter, RD

Anyway just wanted to share with the forum.......maybe motivate others who looked like I did 60 days ago..........I still have a long way to go, but I am going to reach my goal....thanks

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:21:44 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ok.....some self disclosure
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 12:32:03 PM »
December 30th 2008, I stepped out of the shower and took a look at myself naked in front of the mirror
Keep dat shit tuh yuhself nah man, I eh too long finish eating  :devil:.

I am motivated to keep this up as I eat foods I like just smaller portions and have cut out fat and sugar from my diet.  I use around 16 grams of fat ONLY a day! I have also reduced the amount of sodium in my diet significantly...this was the hardest part of the diet as the food was at first very bland...now if there is a high salt content I can't eat the damn thing...lol

No more sweet drinks, no more juices, water and if I make lemonade or orange juice I squeezing fresh fruit and using Stevia as a sweetner.  NO SUGAR!

I have found that many times when I have an urge to eat I am really thirsty and I drink water.  For snacks I eat apples, grapes, 100 calorie bags of pop corn, pears, oranges etc.  Sometime a handful of nuts....all kinds.

Steups. All yuh had tuh do was PM meh and ask meh about meh eating habits. Ital is vital! ;D
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
I especially identify with this line
this help me move from maybe 275, who knows 280? down to 230 ("The Rock" is 230 but a lil taller than me :) ).  My goal is 200 cuz that was when I felt the fittest in my life (big enough to knock down any bigger person but mobile enough to scale wall, kick ball etc). 
I don't have the time  to walk 6 miles, but since I only had 1 hr / day I picked up swimming - I do about 1 mile in the hr, but stuck at 230 for a while and don't have no more time for at least the rest of this year.
I like the smaller plate idea and could vouch for the snacking on apples and pop corn idea to anybody who starting off (even though I gettin to overdo the popcorn ting).

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
Ital eh vital at all.

I read an article some time ago in which they did a study and it showed that Vegetarians do not necessarily live longer lives or are even disease free.

What the article was trying to convey was simple, everything in moderation.

After Xmas I really take in meh self and realise that carnival was fast approaching and all dem dinner specials was catching up, but I only had a 10 pounds to lose.

I cut out all soft drinks and juice, tuna in the morning straight out the can with some crackers, salad for lunch no sauce and a protein shake in the night. Might have a granola bar during the day. No starch, which mean, nothing white - no white sugar, no white race matter of fact no white girls.

For exercise, is real spinning, running hard like I running from the law, heavy sweat and I stop sucking c__t all bout d place.

Més que un club.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »
Ital eh vital at all.

I read an article some time ago in which they did a study and it showed that Vegetarians do not necessarily live longer lives or are even disease free.

What the article was trying to convey was simple, everything in moderation.

As with most topics, yuh could get all kinda articles and studies that support either point of view. But you are correct when you say the key is moderation. Plus, not everything is fuh everybody. And eating right is only one part of de equation.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 02:22:54 PM »
Well done fat man! maybe now you can see your facking keyboard and answer my message.

BTW... I'm up to 3 miles

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 02:26:22 PM »
Tallman, I really cut back on de meat ting a whole lot.  I eat a little fish and a little chicken now, but more fish.

Jumbie....de eating much decrease a whole lot too.

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 02:31:54 PM »
I especially identify with this line
this help me move from maybe 275, who knows 280? down to 230 ("The Rock" is 230 but a lil taller than me :) ).  My goal is 200 cuz that was when I felt the fittest in my life (big enough to knock down any bigger person but mobile enough to scale wall, kick ball etc). 
I don't have the time  to walk 6 miles, but since I only had 1 hr / day I picked up swimming - I do about 1 mile in the hr, but stuck at 230 for a while and don't have no more time for at least the rest of this year.
I like the smaller plate idea and could vouch for the snacking on apples and pop corn idea to anybody who starting off (even though I gettin to overdo the popcorn ting).

walking for one hour better than swimming for one hour according to my research, what is even better, if you walk 3 days and swim 2 days yuh go lose even more.
the stalling comes when yuh body start to adjust to the level of exercise you do, and the food you eat...

here is what I did...

eat more often
cross train

I ride too...try riding and walking and swimming...change it up.

By the way, you will be surprised how far you can walk in one hour...very surprised

disgruntled, eating nanny is a good diet, no carbs.  you went on ah kinda atkins dey...dat too hard to maintain for long.

Water, no sugar and plenty ital really helpful in truth

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 02:36:17 PM »
Nice wuk TT. 
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 02:37:56 PM »
Well done breds!

Yuh cut out alcohol and beer?

That is the devil right dey.

Also doh underestimate the power of a good purge.  :devil:

That could get yuh guts down easy easy, a good dose of flu/sickness or a tabanca could get yuh dry in a matter of days.

Personally I ent find a routine yet to handle me properly...Since I run my 5k I drop from a 34 to a 33 pants and meh size 16 shirts...I could wear a 15 now. But meh guts still lappin.

I getting skinny, arms and legs, face and chest everywhere getting smaller and my guts staying same way.

Before I had a solid look...now I find things grim.

But if I ent run or do what I doing...I woulda be worse off...so I say thanks for small mercies.

no carb diet does work but yuh does get constipated and as yuh eat a lil potato or any kinda carb is lightheadedness/headache and I find yuh does put on more after.

I drinking a lil apple cider vinegar and some wheatgrass and I sweating more and feeling healthy.

I am 177...trying to get to 170 by Carnival.

160-165 go be the Ultimate but I know I ent able with that.

But in TT it real expensive and hard to eat healthy...Junk is the easiest thing if yuh on a budget.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 03:06:47 PM »
I real liking this thread...  :beermug: :beermug:
What killing me is my "addiction" to beer and other alco (whisky/rum is meh lover).
Great thread... keep the tips coming, and big ups to those who succeeding...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 04:13:03 PM »
i am a social drinker but dis beer paunch is pressure to lose.. i know beers is de killer, so i trying to substitute beers with drinking straight scotch instead when i liming..

is that advisable?

can i keep up my alcohol habit and still lose weight and be healthy?

any studies for or against?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 04:32:08 PM »
the beers is de real killer...amen for being back in school now i only drinking once a weekend and attempting to take a 2-3mile run every afternoon...being slack today tho and eh make de run.
To get the gut down do a lil core workout as well..if yuh do a lil bit everyday along with the run, yuh go see some results...won't be joe sixpack but gut will go down.
If yuh still want to drink vodka and tonic/soda low in calories..or gin...personally i cant do either as i eh go remember nuttin the next day
Back in Trini...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 04:44:46 PM »
TT, yuh culd do it, truss meh.  When ah started wukkin in NY de pace was so intense ah had cut out football fuh about 18 months, when ah started back ah was about 210 (was 180 easily in HS and College and I am 5-11 in ht).  Anyway, strupid me did not realize ah was puttin meh knees in jeoprady by playin overweight, bamn!  Ah stretch meh ACL, anyway, serious physically therapy on de bad knee to strengthen de muscles, so therapy done, ah start back ball, now I was 225, ask FF, Strip, Papasmurf and odders, anyway, now ah back to 185/190, ball on a regular, good diet and nuff vitamins, A through S  ;D  So yuh culd do it, jus keep pace
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:59:08 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 04:48:23 PM »
TT glad fuh yuh brodda,it only hard de 1st week or so then yuh body get use to it and b4 yuh realize yuh body rejectin all shit (sweets,too much salt,red meat).i still need to lose meh baby fat. :rotfl: no weights only cardio.but de diet (what yuh eat) is de most important.fuh my height i have to be 160.30 lbs ha to go fuh de birthday.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:32:53 PM by Tallman »
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 05:23:44 PM »
wha wrong wit allyuh at all boy

the Cataclysmic winters of epic proportions will come and that fat will serve as a vital source of energy when food sources are low >:(

maintaining a spherically, symmetrical, circumference can indeed be considered stayin in shape >:(

and besides........................ALL GOOD TOOL NEED A SHED!! >:(

ingrates >:(

seriously though apart from the other stuff, take touches word for it, d purge will help   

I pity the fool....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 05:47:31 PM »
i am a social drinker but dis beer paunch is pressure to lose.. i know beers is de killer, so i trying to substitute beers with drinking straight scotch instead when i liming..

is that advisable?

Plenty studies...but both for and against. Beer is calorie dense, but in moderation can be neutral or even beneficial. No one knows why.

No such thing as a beer belly, if you drinking plenty beer you probably not eating properly anyway, and that causing  a paunch.

For all the fellas and ladies that trying to loose weight two simple tips come to mind.

(1) Try not to eat or eat only small amounts before a workout.  That way your circulating nutrient level (blood sugar) will be low and used up quickly. Then your body will switch to using stored fat. Fat is far more energy rich than carbohydrate but does not "burn" as fast and you will feel tired quicker, but that means it is working

(2) Don't eat 3-4 hours before sleeping. Same principle applies, your blood sugar will be low and your body will turn to burning stored fat very efficiently while you sleep.

These have worked well for me in the past, if you not already doing it maybe it will be helpful to you

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 05:56:40 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »
I have been walking 4-8 miles a day on average at around 4-6.5 minutes a mile.  and keeping my calorie intake to about 2000 a day, by eating 4 meals of 500 calories.

Cut Calories For A Younger Heart
Study: Low-Calorie Diet Helps Heart Age More Slowly

(AP) A very low calorie diet can help the heart age more slowly, according to researchers who released what they call the first-ever human study on the subject.

The findings confirmed earlier studies on mice and rats that demonstrate the cardiac benefits of a restricted calorie diet.

The study looked at the heart function of 25 members of the Caloric Restriction Society, ages 41 to 64, who consume 1,400 to 2,000 nutritionally balanced calories per day. They were compared with 25 people who eat a typical Western diet, consuming 2,000 to 3,000 daily calories on average.

The result: Those limiting caloric intake had the heart functions of much younger people, typically about 15 years younger than their age.
Ultrasound exams showed group members had hearts that appeared more elastic than most people their age; their hearts were also able to relax between beats in a way similar to hearts in younger people.

"This is the first study to demonstrate that long-term calorie restriction with optimal nutrition has cardiac-specific effects that (delay or reverse) age-associated declines in heart function," said Luigi Fontana, lead author and assistant professor of medicine at Washington University in St. Louis.

The study will be published Tuesday in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.

Fontana said simply consuming less food is not the answer. Members of the study group eat food resembling a traditional Mediterranean diet, focusing on vegetables, olive oil, beans, whole grains, fish and fruit. They avoid refined and processed foods, soft drinks, desserts, white bread and other sources of "empty" calories.

For the general public, the researchers recommend a moderate reduction in calories, combined with moderate, regular exercise.

Research on mice and rats indicated that life span can be stretched by about 30 percent with stringent and consistent caloric restriction. That research also suggested that restricting calories can help prevent cancer.

Heart attacks and strokes cause about 40 percent of deaths in Western countries, researchers said. Cancer causes another 30 percent. Fontana said those deaths are attributable to "secondary aging" from high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure and other often-preventable conditions.

While it has long been known that a healthy diet and exercise can reduce risks, the study suggests that caloric restriction combined with optimal nutrition can do even more.

Fontana said most participants in the study had immediate relatives who suffered heart attacks or strokes, so it was unlikely their genetic makeup was a contributing factor to their unusually healthy hearts.

"We don't know how long each individual will end up living, but they certainly have a longer life expectancy than average because they're most likely not going to die from a heart attack, stroke or diabetes," said professor John O. Holloszy, who worked on the study. "And if, in fact, their hearts are aging more slowly, it's conceivable they'll live for a very long time."

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »
Tallman, I really cut back on de meat ting a whole lot.  I eat a little fish and a little chicken now, but more fish.

boy ah trying.. but is midnight or close I does get hungry..then followed immediately by ritis.

Last week I went and did full blood work and all results came back within where they should be col, blood sugars etc.

ever since we boy (TC) leff we so sudden I eh joking with blood work and doc visit etc.

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »

boy ah trying.. but is midnight or close I does get hungry..then followed immediately by ritis.

Last week I went and did full blood work and all results came back within where they should be col, blood sugars etc.

ever since we boy (TC) leff we so sudden I eh joking with blood work and doc visit etc.

hear nah TC was a real sad case, and dat man was fit and not carrying fat..so diet is important.

Eat an apple...and Jumbie I does get them urges late too, so my solution?  Save a meal for later.

Remember I eating so fat, meals and following de food pyramid.  I eating 4-5 meals a day but not exceeding 2000 calories, some days is 1600!  Snack on a small apple and a 100 calorie bag of popcorn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 08:41:06 PM »
MYTH: Muscle turns into fat
REALITY: Muscle and fat are two completely different tissues that have different functions, so it's physiologically impossible to turn one into the other. If you stop exercising, your muscles atrophy, so you lose the tone you worked so hard to create. And if you eat more calories than you burn, you'll gain fat.

MYTH: You need to exercise 30 minutes straight to get fit.
REALITY: Three 10-minute cardio stints offer the same healthy payback as a single 30-minute one. If you are trying to peel off pounds, of course, the more you do, the faster you'll succeed. But don't feel guilty if all you can squeeze in is a few minutes here and a few minutes there—it all adds up.

Short on time? Ratchet up the intensity of your workout: Go hard for 30 seconds on the elliptical or jog for a minute in the middle of your walk to maintain your fitness level and your habit. And remember, anything you do—whether it's a brisk 5-minute walk or carrying heavy groceries to your car—for any period of time, provides some benefit.

MYTH: Overweight people have a sluggish metabolism.
REALITY: Though some folks do have metabolic disorders that slow their metabolism, fewer than 10 percent of overweight people suffer from them. In fact, the more you weigh, the more calories you'll burn during exercise at the same relative workload as a slimmer person. If you notice the scale climbing higher, worry about your activity level, not your metabolism. Try this fat-burning workout to really see results.

MYTH: Lifting heavy weights make women bulk up.
REALITY: Women don’t have enough of the muscle-building hormone testosterone to get bulky, even using heavy weights. The truth is, some people will gain muscle faster than they lose fat, so they may look bigger until they shed some of the flab and reveal the slim, toned muscles underneath. Shape sleek muscles with this workout from The Biggest Loser's Jillian Michaels.

MYTH: You can’t lose any weight by swimming.
REALITY: OK, it’s true that long-distance swimmers who navigate colder waters tend to retain body fat for insulation. But ask anyone who laps it up while training for a triathlon: You will sizzle off pounds in the pool, since swimming burns 450 to 700 calories an hour! One reason you might not shed flab doing freestyle? If you throw in the towel and cut your workout short. Keep it going with this full-body water workout from gold medalist Amanda Beard.

MYTH: Stretching before exercise prevents injuries and enhances performance.
REALITY: Researchers are still scratching their head over this one, since studies have yet to show conclusively that limbering up has any effect on staving off strains and other injuries. But they do know that stretching regularly can make bending, reaching, twisting and lifting easier. Best move: Save your stretching for post-exercise, when muscles are warm.

MYTH: You burn more calories exercising in chilly weather.
REALITY: If you shiver through a long run in the frigid winter air simply to experience the extra calorie burn, you might want to come in from the cold: You do torch a few extra calories during the first few minutes, but once you get warmed up, the caloric expenditure is the same whether you’re exercising in Siberia or the Sahara. Try a treadmill circuit workout with a great playlist to keep you going!

MYTH: When your body gets used to an exercise, you'll burn fewer calories doing it.
REALITY: Unless you've adjusted the intensity, you'll burn as much jogging or cycling today as you did last week, last month, even last year. Experts say that this principle only applies to exercises that we're naturally inefficient at, such as using the elliptical machine: After five to six sessions, you'll be smoother in your movements and expend fewer calories—but the difference is only about 2 to 5 percent.

MYTH: The calorie readout on machines is accurate.
REALITY: If only! Research has shown that some types of machines can be off by as much as 70 percent. The culprit? Contraptions such as the elliptical machine haven’t been around long enough for exercise scientists to develop the appropriate calorie-burn equations. On the upside, stationary bikes and treadmills, the grandfathers of the gym, generally give a fairly precise reading, particularly if you enter your age and weight.

Rather than swearing by what the machine says, use the calorie readout to monitor your progress. If the tally climbs during the same workout for the same duration, you’re working harder and getting fitter. An online calorie calculator can give you a sense of which activities burn the most.

Més que un club.

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 08:59:31 PM »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 02:05:05 AM »
Trinity try not to eat after 7:30pm if yuh could help it.  It helps older metabos.  And doh mind Tallman and he diet.  That does only work for he.  I eh know how he does do it.  :)    Man turning down Pelau, turning down burger.  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:51 AM »

is that advisable?

Plenty studies...but both for and against. Beer is calorie dense, but in moderation can be neutral or even beneficial. No one knows why.

No such thing as a beer belly, if you drinking plenty beer you probably not eating properly anyway, and that causing  a paunch.

For all the fellas and ladies that trying to loose weight two simple tips come to mind.

(1) Try not to eat or eat only small amounts before a workout.  That way your circulating nutrient level (blood sugar) will be low and used up quickly. Then your body will switch to using stored fat. Fat is far more energy rich than carbohydrate but does not "burn" as fast and you will feel tired quicker, but that means it is working

(2) Don't eat 3-4 hours before sleeping. Same principle applies, your blood sugar will be low and your body will turn to burning stored fat very efficiently while you sleep.

These have worked well for me in the past, if you not already doing it maybe it will be helpful to you

Best way to a six-pack is loads of sit-ups (50-100 daily) and run as much as possible (running is for definition). The hardest part is d first few days, after that, yuh get used to it. I find dat, once yuh doing situps, anyting else yuh do dat makes yuh sweat (eg running, football) usually has some kinda positive impact on yuh abs.

Next stage is changin yuh diet - nothing radical, jus consider portion sizes and make sure yuh get a decent spread of protein/carbs/veg. Regardless of what yuh put on yuh plate, stop eating when yuh full (unless ur one of those people who doh ever feel full lol). When yuh lookin for extra definitiion, over a short period, switch to proteins only (daz jus what works for me tho, not sure whether there's anything scientific to that).

Given how much liquid yuh drinkin wid beer, yuh probably best off switchin to rum & cokes (or johnnie). alcohol has never been a problem for me, although obviously give yuhself enuf time 2 recover b4 d next workout.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 02:35:34 AM by Ryan »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 06:03:34 AM »
Trinity try not to eat after 7:30pm if yuh could help it.  It helps older metabos.  And doh mind Tallman and he diet.  That does only work for he.  I eh know how he does do it.  :)    Man turning down Pelau, turning down burger.  :)
and like the alcohol doh do he nothing too eh..no big belly and no drunken behaviour  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 06:12:21 AM »
good going TT..that is inspiring  :beermug:

i need to get off my ass and start exercising
i was doing ok for 2months or so with my cardiac rehab, then when that was done and they say everything back to normal, i gone back to old habits like meh 18oz steaks lol
but this new year ah actually eating less now and de diabetes under control, now meh father in law joking and telling me that nice cause he doh want me interrupting he Alaska trip coming up with another heart attack  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 06:32:48 AM »

i was doing ok for 2months or so with my cardiac rehab, then when that was done and they say everything back to normal, i gone back to old habits like meh 18oz steaks lol
but this new year ah actually eating less now and de diabetes under control, now meh father in law joking and telling me that nice cause he doh want me interrupting he Alaska trip coming up with another heart attack  ;D

forget running....walking burns nearly as much calories and is much less stressful.
Cut out dem steaks.

A little fish and chicken breasts and not fry ting eh Feliz.

Water, and exercise. Walk yuh way to health

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 07:01:28 AM »

forget running....walking burns nearly as much calories and is much less stressful.
Cut out dem steaks.

I smoking , eating an drinking what I want , doh take mihself dat seriously to scope out de big gut.

But I'm 5' 11" and 175 lbs so that ent bad.

When I divorce this  wife ah will probably go on ah health kick in anticipation of the next 23 yr old.
Ah want de woman on de bass

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 09:57:07 AM »

When I divorce this  wife ah will probably go on ah health kick in anticipation of the next 23 yr old.

yuh sad boy!!

Més que un club.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »

Cut out dem steaks.

Walking gives you nowhere near the cardiovascular workout that running gives... running burns much more calories and boosts the metabolism.  Higher metabolic rate= higher calorie burn.

... I tort de self-disclosure was you finally coming out de closet

steups

1]; } ?>