May 14, 2024, 02:48:28 PM

Author Topic: Warner: You blew it Shabazz.  (Read 13590 times)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: You blew it Shabazz.
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2008, 01:09:51 PM »
As a coach I will say this simply... everyone has the answers to the match AFTER the match done. The two easiest scapegoats in team sports are the officials and the coach. So it's easy to say that the coach blew it because a team that was probably better prepared than us managed to score a goal in the last minute of the game. No acknowledgement of the fact that this team came closer to something never done before than any other. It's the old not seeing the forest through the trees cliché or as is often the case here in T&T we have too inflated an opinion of our abilities.

I'm sure most of us who have coached can appreciate that preparation for a competition is more than just 1 week before a tournament. There are phases and cycles. There are the physical aspects, which can further be broken down into sport specific, e.g. techniques. Then there are mental aspects, e.g. tactical awareness. Then there are things that training alone can't deal with so there's learning that happens only after experiencing a situation. That is why veteran understanding is so important.

At the end of the day I am far more sympathetic to Shabazz and appreciative of his efforts given the things he has to deal with with regards to preparation that he has no control over.

Ah know Coop's is ah coach fuh sure, I don't know de bredda personally, but people here does rate him, so he is official in my book. To my knowledge, ah believe there may be 2 or 3 more people here dat are real coaches also, but you is ah coach 2  ???? Ah not trying tuh dis or be ah smart azz, but ah hearing dis coach word regular on dis forum lately, so I'm just curious if is real coaches here, or if is just men trying tuh look important nah. Ah might be wrong and yuh might be ah big name coach in T&T, if dat is de case, no scene, yuh cud educate meh. Yuh should know Supa by now, ah will tell anyone just as it is, but I will avoid dis, unless you start it  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: You blew it Shabazz.
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »
Coach(dwolfman) ah not trying tuh be rude meh friend, but like yuh run off on meh man. All these days gone by and yuh doh want tuh reply, so dat you can give me and de other members here your resume. Any way, cool thing  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>