May 20, 2024, 12:55:18 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 639768 times)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #1920 on: August 21, 2011, 09:21:07 AM »
Just back from the game. We not really looking any better than how we finished last season. I don't see any major tactical differences between AVB and Ancelotti. AVB seems to favour having Boswinga at RB instead of Ivanovic, giving us slightly more attacking potential, but daz it really.

I still not feeling dis Torres thing. He worked hard and dribbled very well, which was good, but he never actually looked like getting a shot off, much less scoring a goal. Noone seemed to be able to hit him with a decent pass. I thought preseason was meant to be about building those kind of connections, I guess not...On the other hand, Drogba came on and didnt play that well, but the players around him understood how to play to his strengths...suddenly Malouda, Anelka, Bosingwa and Lampard had a focal point for their attacks and crosses were being played into the box. Suddenly West Brom were having to double team our centre forward, opening up space elsewhere.

Man of the Match for me was Malouda...he was pretty much the only attacking force Chelsea had for most of the game. Glad he was the player that got the winner, he deserved it. Hopefully AVB wont be so dotish as to pick Kalou over him again.

ur views are very well noted and i aint go lie yuh have some rellll good points....torres sharpness as far as finishing like he used to torment teams before still aint up to par yet and preseason was meant to build that connection but so is training and sadly there is no central creative genius in our team that can give him the service he need....@ liverpool he was spoilt with players with an eye for a pass like Gerrard and Xabi Alonso......frankly Super Frank has some nice passes but he CANT match their range and ability.

On a whole fellas Torres HAD to start ...think of it like this ...strikers is confidence players they need that arm round d shoulder and belief from everybody that they could lead the attack....so i figure after the presason teh thinking is let we get this 50mill investment to start off confident ...is early days still he could either impress and finally break through or flop and Drogba reignite the side.

As far as confidence look at it this way think of having it as a blessing and not having it as a slight mental injury. Torres lacking it BAD right now and Drogba KNOWS he is the man....so as a Coach knowing when they both up on confidence they can be deadly i figure AVB thinking he go start with the LEsser confidence give him a chance to build it and he either come through or get replaced by the man we expect to do the job. (not to say that torres would start ALL season ....but is early days still and we have aout 60 games in all comp to play )

i think we really need natural width from our midfielders and a creative force coming in....Mata is on the verge of joining and ive heard another bid in the works for Modric....facts are tho that Mata is similar to Malouda....Left sided players that can play somewhat as a #10 but how do u acomodate the two in the same squad. as for Modric if he plays this week for Spurs in Europe on Thursday i believe he will be ineligble for Champions League duty and what use would he be to us?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: August 21, 2011, 12:08:02 PM »
I kinda feeling sorry for Torres. I understand that there will be expectations that come with his price tag even if I don't agree with them. Torres is supposed to be an additional and highly dangerous weapon on a team with some supposed great players. Instead, it seems he has been tasked with being a saviour on a team of underachievers. I think he just may have already proven his worth already on the squads that had Zola, Ravenelli (sp), le Saux and Desaillly running things. West Brom, at times, had as many as 8 men compacting the narrow path that Chelsea does choose and that would make for a difficult task for any one player when everybody else around him is playing so dysfunctional. Anelka, as much as I like him, did absolutely NOTHING besides scoring the equaliser yesterday and if you add Kalou's contribution to the game you still come up with nothing...even less.  Lampard is another player I've always liked, but it's time for Chelsea to recognise that his best and most effective days for this team and the way the game is evolving in the epl is far behind him. He is slow, not-so-skillful, relatively unimaginative and predictable and his inability to possess the ball is a liability.  with players like Suarez, Chicharito, Tevez, Nasri and Dzeko spread around the league, we need players to be equally quick, aggressive and skilful if we expect to win any trophies and this continued way we have of playing a slow, lumbering, methodical build up is going to hurt us.
ul 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 21, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »
Valencia & Chelsea agree a fee for Juan Mata  :thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14600979.stm

If we still want Modric this means we'll have 2 sell a foreign player (Benayoun) to meet the homegrown squad requirements.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:10:18 PM by Ryan »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1923 on: August 21, 2011, 02:09:52 PM »
Chelsea still set up to excel with Robben and Duff. Malouda close but Kalou, Anelka and anybody else they paly out there is no-hopers. Agree with Chow on Lampard. Good player but for the 15 goals a season he takes up a lot of space. Not good enough defensively, not athletic enough and not creative enough to be a great attacking midfielder. He is a man with an eye for goal and a good right foot but because of Chelsea's fixation on him men like Ballack, Deco get pushed around to accomodate him.

On a whole fellas Torres HAD to start ...think of it like this ...strikers is confidence players they need that arm round d shoulder and belief from everybody that they could lead the attack....

Why Torres have to start. Chelsea have 4 or 5 strikers and one of them is more useful and a better all-round player than Torres. How come Torres need confidence so?

the thinking is let we get this 50mill investment to start off confident ...is early days still he could either impress and finally break through or flop and Drogba reignite the side.

Or Hor? Well if they playing a man just because he cost 50M they going to have problems. Torres is a good player but if the plan is to ignite Torres and somehow get a 50M pound player they in real trouble.

It is more evident with every game that Torres excelled in that very specific Liverpool counter-attacking brand where Gerrard and Alonso would look to spring him on every second ball. Torres great skill is to run at defenders and dribble, twist them, turn them and let go bullet. Work like a charm in Rafa counter-attack system but Chelsea's build up is slow and Torres taking on 2 and 3 men on the edge of the box instead of the last stopper midway in the opposition half.

Even if he regain "confidence" yuh look at a 15-20 goal man, not a 50M dollar player, unless they plan to set up they whole team and style of play around one man

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: August 23, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »
good mix of young and older players. watch de danger.

giggsy11

« Reply #1925 on: August 23, 2011, 08:44:52 AM »

Since when Chelski gives youte a chance? Lets see how many games the young midfielder, Sturridge and who else all yuh have that is young gets. 

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: August 23, 2011, 12:42:24 PM »

Since when Chelski gives youte a chance? Lets see how many games the young midfielder, Sturridge and who else all yuh have that is young gets. 

Probably not many, most of those fellas have been bought as backups so that we can comply with the 'homegrown' requirements (since we are only allowed 17 non-homegrown players and under 21s don't count towards that limit).

Also, its not really in our interest to play Romeu too much this season...Barca have a buy-back clause in place for the first couple of years.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: August 23, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »
Mata saying adios back in Valencia...

"I want to come to England to win trophies - and that's why I accepted Chelsea's offer. It was also a question of sporting achievement, not money. Arsenal and Tottenham were both interested in me but they did not compare with the Blues. I want the Premier League title and this is possible at Chelsea"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: August 24, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »
disagree. dem fellahs eh come to comply with nutten but tuh play. As far as the youte ting is concern big difference in coming through an academy and already playing for or starting at other top division teams in europe. so we go see. :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: August 27, 2011, 09:45:41 AM »
Action-packed game against Norwich.... 

Bosingwa with a laser strike in the 6' to put Chelsea up, but as becoming the norm for them Norwich not giving up w/o a fight.  Hilario went on a walkabout on a cross to the edge of the box... what he was doing 16-yards from goal only he know.  He and Ivanovic went for it and Ivanovic put it straight up and backwards while Hilario flapped at it... Grant Holt immediately hook it over he head and into the goal.

A minute later Drogba went up for the ball in the opposite box and get knock out clean... light was out before he even hit the ground.  Make it worse he get windmilled in the air a bit and fall face first on the turf... stretchered off in the 63'.

Then in the 80' Ramires took an absolute dive in the box (but very convincing, ref didn't have much choice it looked like a foul.  Make it worse, keeper get sent off even though Ramires was "going away from goal" as Phil Dowd (that idiot... who is today's 4th official) ruled on the Suarez penalty two weeks ago to keep Mignolet in the game.  Lampard with the penalty to even the game.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: August 27, 2011, 10:14:18 AM »
I think Ramires was fouled, but I (as expressed on many occasions), don't agree with that blanket red card rule... It hurts teams more than is deserved...

Mata came on and changed Chelsea style of play for the better, and put the nail in the coffin for the goal...He looks to be a good signing. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: August 27, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
Just back from the game. The score flattered us, Norwich gave us a good scare. We started very well and Bosingwa deserved his goal, a wicked bullet. But then we went back to our plodding, methodical football. Torres was completely non-existent today, Drogba wasn't that special either (though still miles better than Torres). Not surprisingly Norwich came back into the game and it was only a matter of time before Hilario did something stupid as usual and allowed them to equalise.

I hope Drogba isnt badly injured. I havent seen a replay yet, but it looked very bad in real time, and you could see the concern on the players faces.

Two very bright sparks today - Lukaku and Mata. Two fantastic debuts, they're already fan favourites. They both wanted the ball and were not afraid to take on players, changing the game completely. Mata looks exceptional and the place erupted when he scored. He was Man of the Match even though he played less than half the match.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: August 27, 2011, 12:03:49 PM »
CHELSEA SIGN ULISES DAVILA
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2434327,00.html

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Mexican Under-20 international Ulises Davila from Chivas.

Davila, who has signed a five-year contract, can play either as an attacking midfielder or a forward.

Standing 5ft 7in, he is accomplished with the ball at his feet and a fine finisher with a strong team ethic.

The 20-year-old represented his country at this year's Under-20 World Cup in Colombia, helping them to a bronze medal with a goal in their 3-1 third-place play-off win over Gael Kakuta's France, and appearing in all seven of their competitive matches.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8tgl9ohQf4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/h8tgl9ohQf4</a>
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:07:29 PM by Ryan »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: August 27, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »
CHELSEA SIGN ULISES DAVILA
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2434327,00.html

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Mexican Under-20 international Ulises Davila from Chivas.

Hmmm, Man U showed that a Mexican can do well in the Prem, and everyone following suit.  'Pool was supposedly tracking Marco Bueno.  Haven't heard much since the trial he was supposed to go on.

Davila, who has signed a five-year contract, can play either as an attacking midfielder or a forward.

Standing 5ft 7in, he is accomplished with the ball at his feet and a fine finisher with a strong team ethic.

The 20-year-old represented his country at this year's Under-20 World Cup in Colombia, helping them to a bronze medal with a goal in their 3-1 third-place play-off win over Gael Kakuta's France, and appearing in all seven of their competitive matches.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8tgl9ohQf4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/h8tgl9ohQf4</a>

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: August 27, 2011, 01:56:59 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TdCmpfcFDNQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TdCmpfcFDNQ</a>

This looks serious. I understand he will be released from hospital tonight (london time)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: August 27, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TdCmpfcFDNQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TdCmpfcFDNQ</a>

This looks serious. I understand he will be released from hospital tonight (london time)

the chelsea website says he had a mild concussion, so it looks like he'll be back to normal in a few days, fingers crossed.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: August 27, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Out cold before he hit the ground.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: August 27, 2011, 02:36:28 PM »
K.O he drop like a rock  :o
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #1938 on: August 27, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »
He fell like Spinks after Tyson hit him! He will have a headache for at least a month! Hope he has no long term effects. At first I thought he was being a drama queen when he just laid there; then I saw the replay of the contact and I realize his head made contact real hard with the keeper's hands!

Get well Drog!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: August 27, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »
I think Ramires was fouled, but I (as expressed on many occasions), don't agree with that blanket red card rule... It hurts teams more than is deserved...

Mata came on and changed Chelsea style of play for the better, and put the nail in the coffin for the goal...He looks to be a good signing. 

Agree on both points... I was harsh on Ramires after pausing and watching frame by frame there was contact, but he went looking for it and managed to dip his knee into Ruddy's side.  I not vex with him though... that's what yuh supposed to do.  I just vex to see a man hustle penalized, especially when it wasn't anything careless or reckless.  But the ref ent have nutten to do with that.

The red card only serves to revive the debate about what is a DOGSO... same exactly play as the Richardson foul on Suarez in the season opener at Anfield... except this time the keeper fouls him.  Yellow card for Richardson because Suarez was "going away from goal"... straight red for Ruddy.  Lost in all of that was the beauty of a ball by Anelka to spring Ramires.

Mata looked good for real... he seemed to settle the Chelse attack a bit... Lukaku looked dangerous as well.

I ent the biggest Drogba fan... but I felt that one for him.  Hope he recovers not only quickly (but not too quick ;D ) but fully as well.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: August 27, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »
Torres has not really looked good for two years now. He was poor at the WC made a poor start to the season with Liverpool, left the club to win a trophy at Chelsea  ;D and has not looked the part at all. 50 million?????
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: August 27, 2011, 03:40:53 PM »
why did chelsea buy torres?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: August 27, 2011, 04:12:13 PM »
Torres start to sour not only because of his own injuries, but ever since Xabi left he's suffered from a quality midfield setting the table for him.  It is something that still plagues Liverpool now, but we got a much more versatile player in Suarez who doesn't rely on golden service, but instead can create for himself and others. 

Now that Torres at Chelsea he still suffers from that service... which is why Chelsea was pursuing Modric as they did, why they bought Mata.  Time will tell if the Mata move it will pay off, not only for Chelsea but for him as well.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: August 27, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »

There was a lot of contact but you could see Ramires was more than happy to play for the foul and when a GK is committed to diving at a player's feet, it is VERY easy for said player to play for the foul. A real harsh decision to red-card a 'keeper because he is telegraphing his intentions and cannot pull out of it. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: August 30, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »
A real harsh decision to red-card a 'keeper because he is telegraphing his intentions and cannot pull out of it. 

Yeah he just got beaten to the ball... happens all over the field but for whatever reason it's a red card offense if you're the last man in defense...

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: August 31, 2011, 03:36:17 PM »
Benayoun officially gone, and Raul Meireles hands in a transfer request with half an hour to go. Transfer Deadline Day is awesome.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 31, 2011, 03:46:20 PM »
Benayoun officially gone, and Raul Meireles hands in a transfer request with half an hour to go. Transfer Deadline Day is awesome.

would be a great signing... I rate Raul Meireles alot... and If you guys get him then maybe we can buy unhappy Luka in January or next summer.. because he is the perfect fit for United

giggsy11

« Reply #1947 on: August 31, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »

Allegedly Chelski and Liverstool agreed on a fee just player's personal terms to be sorted.

So is that taxi for Obi Mikel or Lumpard?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: August 31, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »

Allegedly Chelski and Liverstool agreed on a fee just player's personal terms to be sorted.

So is that taxi for Obi Mikel or Lumpard?

Boom Bang, Meireles signing confirmed. Benayoun's taxi left already.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: August 31, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
Meireles is a good buy..

I think is about time Lampard see some bench, he clearly in the decline phase. Just too slow and methodical right now in the build-up and no longer making the trademark late runs into the box. Much fewer shots on goal and not even a factor on free kicks..

I would experiment with a midfield of Mikel (until Essien comes back), Meireles, Mata, Malouda.

Also, why are Kalou and Anelka still here  ???

1]; } ?>