May 16, 2024, 05:28:18 AM

Author Topic: Players' parents slam Corneal.  (Read 14147 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Players' parents slam Corneal.
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2009, 09:17:58 AM »
Yep, Bertile had ah rep fuh puttin down players but I cyah remember him ever doing it in ah public forum, to youth players that is!

This has made me think, was the dreadlocks issue secondhand info or a direct quote to the media from the man himself? Cyah remember.

The dreadlocks thing wasn't said in public but it was true.  You guys have no idea who Bertille is as a coach.  Bertille is excellent in teaching technical ability, I would say he taught me a lot.  He focused on the fundamentals and technical skills but his ability to motivate was strickly on fear and that is bad.  Then again, that was most of our society at the time.  Ask most players why we used to win "most discipline" team at every tournament but yet still on the "field" we are far from disciplined?  Fear my friend, fear and it don't work in sports all the time.

By the way, when the U20 team came back from the WC in Portugal in 2001, Bertille did call out Sherwood big time and he vowed never to play for Bertille again, then again, maybe I wasn't good enough, but I would have never played for him again either.

Most peeps here know my take on BSC. Idiot coach and big time dunce. Went to Manu for training and came back and said that there was nothing they could teach him there. But that doesnt only apply to BSC. Almost every local coach , and I would go so far as to say every, is incapable of being technical directors becz they have zero management skill. Maybe that would change with Russell and Dwight becz of their exposure to real professional environments. I believe that Rougier should come good also in about the next two to three yrs becz of the same. Anton will never be good. People like Anton, BSC and other Trini "coaches" must work under a TD who actually knows the game. As you said these peeps are teachers who are there to impart the plans of the TD. People like these must never again sully the hallways of the national programms as head coaches. They just dont know their place....megalomaniacs all!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2009, 09:38:11 AM »
Not to defend Anton Corneal or anyting like dat...

but if dese parents feel dat Anton bein harsh by callin out dey sons and sayin dey eh do nutting yet and dey feel dey big or is stars because dey went England and Portugal on trial....dem in fuh a rude awakenin if dem sons really serious about pursuing a professional footballing career.

If you feelin to go home because a coach talk hard at you, den I suggest these players start looking at another career.  Because in de real world, at dem professional clubs, what Anton was alleged to have said to the players go come like a beatification from Mahatma Ghandi in comparison to dem coaches dey.  Dem have zero cover fuh dey mout and rule by fear is not uncommon.

Dem yutes better toughen up if dem truly want to be successful.  Ah mean, you want to come home because coach talk to you hard?  So wha you go do when you playin and spectators makin monkey noises at you and trowin banana skin at you?  And den you realise is yuh own fans doin dat!  How you intend to handle wakin up at 4 in de mornin to go and run 6 miles in minus 10 degree weather?  Unless is a case of dey go take it from a foreign coach but not from a local one which is a whole nedda issue completely.

Now as far as I concerned, Anton Corneal is WRONG for PUBLICLY blaming the players.  Dat is WEAK and UNACCEPTABLE.  Yuh doh do dat....even if yuh feel attitudes of players need to change etc....yuh doh wsh dat linen in public no matter how frustrated you may be.  But dat doh excuse de dotish talk bout coach talk harshly to players.  

And ah not even sayin dat Anton was right to call out dem players.  Perhaps it could have been handled differently, but de ting is, dis is big man football...even at U 17 level and BOTH parents AND players need to know that is part and parcel of the business before saying they want they want to be professional footballers.  If dey cyah handle it, dey might want to consider another profession.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2009, 10:13:11 AM »

but if dese parents feel dat Anton bein harsh by callin out dey sons and sayin dey eh do nutting yet and dey feel dey big or is stars because dey went England and Portugal on trial....dem in fuh a rude awakenin if dem sons really serious about pursuing a professional footballing career.

If you feelin to go home because a coach talk hard at you, den I suggest these players start looking at another career.  Because in de real world, at dem professional clubs, what Anton was alleged to have said to the players go come like a beatification from Mahatma Ghandi in comparison to dem coaches dey.  Dem have zero cover fuh dey mout and rule by fear is not uncommon.

Dem yutes better toughen up if dem truly want to be successful.  Ah mean, you want to come home because coach talk to you hard?  So wha you go do when you playin and spectators makin monkey noises at you and trowin banana skin at you?  And den you realise is yuh own fans doin dat!  How you intend to handle wakin up at 4 in de mornin to go and run 6 miles in minus 10 degree weather?  Unless is a case of dey go take it from a foreign coach but not from a local one which is a whole nedda issue completely.

Now as far as I concerned, Anton Corneal is WRONG for PUBLICLY blaming the players.  Dat is WEAK and UNACCEPTABLE.  Yuh doh do dat....even if yuh feel attitudes of players need to change etc....yuh doh wsh dat linen in public no matter how frustrated you may be.  But dat doh excuse de dotish talk bout coach talk harshly to players.  

And ah not even sayin dat Anton was right to call out dem players.  Perhaps it could have been handled differently, but de ting is, dis is big man football...even at U 17 level and BOTH parents AND players need to know that is part and parcel of the business before saying they want they want to be professional footballers.  If dey cyah handle it, dey might want to consider another profession.

All this who-say-what-to-who talk is diversionary nonsense. Anton say he had these boys ready for Mexico. They were not No word of how TTFF will deal with this monumental failure. No technical analysis from the talking heads.  With no framework for public accountability or assessment of the performance parents felt they had to express their frustration. Was it done properly? No. But if TTFF had an open and honest assessment process  parents and fans would not be left frustrated and resentful.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2009, 10:25:47 AM »
Palos I understand what you saying, but being paid to play and repping your country is 2 entirely diffrent mind frames in terms of player management.

Some college players I coached was watching me coach a youth game. I see them stand up watching and whispering so I say they getting jones on me. After the game they telling me how they was not sure if was I coaching, am I okay and stuff like that. Why, cause when the players made mistakes I did not yell at them or call them over and have a go at them. Instead I focussed on what the players did well around the time they made a mistake. They were shocked cause, with the college team I does really loud them up, bench players all kinda thing.

Players will always dictate the coach, coaching style, tactics, game selection, and player management. Coaches who don't understand this concept cannot/would/most likely will have a difficult time getting results, especially with youth players.

Ok, so you lost 7-0 to Mexico. Game over, there is nothing you can do about it. What you can do something about is getting ready for the next game. How about and approach to the players like "Well fellas, them Mexicans was on point, them tacos they eat was wukking boy. Let's forget this game and go and res some blade on Costa Rica (or whoever they played next). We will take out we frustration on them. Hey Rambo, good beat yuh put on that fella on the side boy. What about that big save the keeper make, the crowd went crazy when you save that shot.  Where we want to eat?"
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2009, 10:34:51 AM »

Exactly. Man talking bout "deys only youths". I watch some 11-12 year-olds on some baseball team get proper cuss out last week. One youth get sen home cause he eh ready. If your ambition is to play sports at a high level and not no jokey joke ting, you need armadillo skin.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2009, 10:46:44 AM »
who says every player on an U17 team wants to play professionally?? they're only youths. To me this would be the opportunity to give them the option if they are good enough. it has to be a learning experience. the other point is did the coach really think his team was good enough to win 1 game? 2 games? any games? what was the atmosphere before the games? I don't think you can judge a coach only after a loss, but during the training sessions as well.
 ;D
if the coach had set them up to think they were good enough and then they didn't play the way they trained- then who failed?
are there any reports from the coaches to the management of TTFF at different stages? does anybody report to anybody?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2009, 10:59:24 AM »

Exactly. Man talking bout "deys only youths". I watch some 11-12 year-olds on some baseball team get proper cuss out last week. One youth get sen home cause he eh ready. If your ambition is to play sports at a high level and not no jokey joke ting, you need armadillo skin.

If b4 yuh leave yuh coach tell yuh yuh ready. Then u get 7after yuh 1st game yuh suppose to roll with the punches because after all yuh want 2 b a professional footballer. UTTER NONESENSE. D same level all yuh talkin bout have sport psychologist etc wit d team so when tings go wrong some body 2 help yuh pick up d pieces. We eh have dat and 2 compound matters yuh idiot coach tell yuh u have 2 live wit d 7-0. Yuh tink dey did not know dat? dat was he pep talk after d game. LOUDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2009, 11:07:20 AM »
After reading the majority of men post on this thread I felt compelled to write one of my own. I would begin by saying that its bad business for a coach to debase his/her players in a public forum. It does no justice to the psyche of the players and its just bad business overall. Having said that though, I really have no issues with a coach giving his/her players some tough talk at times. I really don't know what was said and I am not going to depend on hear say. If there was a strong feeling that the team was ready for this event then the staff must give us a report on their findings based on the experience of the players at this event. They obviously were not ready based on their results. I am not putting any stock into the parents comments. During the past 19 years of coaching at various levels, I have found very few parents to be objective sources when it comes to their children and I am not a fan of the 3rd and 4th hand medium of transferring information.

What we know for sure is that the team get their arse wash. As we all know its starts from the top and goes all the way down to the players. Anybody could get 7 from Mexico if they are not prepared for the battle at hand. So I am not surprised by that result. Real Madrid get 6 from Barca because on the day they were not ready. It is very easy for any of us to put the blame squarely on the coach. Main main concern about that is that we make sure that we are really addressing the root of the problem. Eventually coaches will be replaced and we will all get more opportunities to blame other coaches.

So if we are confident that the following took place then I say poor it on the coaching staff

1.The federation did their part to get this team ready
2.Selection of the best possible players for this event took place
3.They were properly prepared ( training, training camps, competition against high level competition that would
   give them a chance to experience the level of play at this tournament)
4. I had an opportunity to train/play at high altitude before and I struggled ( I don't know where these games
   were played but if they were played at high altitude without preparing for it I WOULD EXPECT THEM TO
  STRUGGLE.

Players play Coaches Coach and managers manage. I have yet to see a coach poor execution on the feel cost a  team a game. Their lack of proper team preparation and poor decision making leading up, during and after the game will though. So if men have factual information on the team leading up the this event and during tournament please feel free to let us know.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 11:13:05 AM »
After reading the majority of men post on this thread I felt compelled to write one of my own. I would begin by saying that its bad business for a coach to debase his/her players in a public forum. It does no justice to the psyche of the players and its just bad business overall. Having said that though, I really have no issues with a coach giving his/her players some tough talk at times. I really don't know what was said and I am not going to depend on hear say. If there was a strong feeling that the team was ready for this event then the staff must give us a report on their findings based on the experience of the players at this event. They obviously were not ready based on their results. I am not putting any stock into the parents comments. During the past 19 years of coaching at various levels, I have found very few parents to be objective sources when it comes to their children and I am not a fan of the 3rd and 4th hand medium of transferring information.

What we know for sure is that the team get their arse wash. As we all know its starts from the top and goes all the way down to the players. Anybody could get 7 from Mexico if they are not prepared for the battle at hand. So I am not surprised by that result. Real Madrid get 6 from Barca because on the day they were not ready. It is very easy for any of us to put the blame squarely on the coach. Main main concern about that is that we make sure that we are really addressing the root of the problem. Eventually coaches will be replaced and we will all get more opportunities to blame other coaches.

So if we are confident that the following took place then I say poor it on the coaching staff

1.The federation did their part to get this team ready
2.Selection of the best possible players for this event took place
3.They were properly prepared ( training, training camps, competition against high level competition that would
   give them a chance to experience the level of play at this tournament)
4. I had an opportunity to train/play at high altitude before and I struggled ( I don't know where these games
   were played but if they were played at high altitude without preparing for it I WOULD EXPECT THEM TO
  STRUGGLE.

Players play Coaches Coach and managers manage. I have yet to see a coach poor execution on the feel cost a  team a game. Their lack of proper team preparation and poor decision making leading up, during and after the game will though. So if men have factual information on the team leading up the this event and during tournament please feel free to let us know.

Whether d parents pickin up dey chirren which every parent will do is minute when compare 2 d coach complainin bout ipod.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »
BSC tough coach but i rarely hear any tobago baller say bad things about the man.  Matter of fact played with a lot of them and they all seem to like the man.  Different story with them Corneals.

Hey, Bertille has always had an inferiority complex with trinidadians dude.  Check the team that went to the WC in 1991, at least 5 men from Tobago.  Never before or after has that happened.  He was very open about talking about tobago in reference to trini.  I owe BSC nothing and he owes me nothing in return, just stating the facts.  Not that he didn't think I was a good player, maybe he felt I wasn't mentally tough enough and I can live with that but the best thing I did was to never play for him again.  I regained my confidence and went onto a pretty successful football career..at least much better than most of them dudes that played on that WC team.....

The difference between being good and being great can be as simple as confidence and if ah coach remove that from yuh, crappo smoke yuh pipe....The great coaches instill confidence not the other way around.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »
If b4 yuh leave yuh coach tell yuh yuh ready. Then u get 7after yuh 1st game yuh suppose to roll with the punches because after all yuh want 2 b a professional footballer. UTTER NONESENSE. D same level all yuh talkin bout have sport psychologist etc wit d team so when tings go wrong some body 2 help yuh pick up d pieces. We eh have dat and 2 compound matters yuh idiot coach tell yuh u have 2 live wit d 7-0. Yuh tink dey did not know dat? dat was he pep talk after d game. LOUDDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSSSS

Focus.

I am not defending Corneal or his assistants.  

I am saying that the parents are the one's who complained about the coach talking harshly to their sons.  Those parents made comments such as "My son wanted to come home after the first game," said one parent. "Imagine the coaches were throwing words for some boys and saying 'allyuh feel you are big players because you went on trials to England or Portugal'".  It's not rocket science to deduct which players were being referred to and by extension who the parents involved would be.   We don't have that many U17 footballers going for trials in England and Portugal.  Which makes the request for anonymity by the parents kind of odd by the way.

So if those parents harbor ambitions of their sons becoming professional football players, they and their sons better learn that sort of language is minor in the overall scheme of things and if their sons feel to come home because of that (I not sayin so...that's what was reported), then perhaps they should look at an alternative career.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »
I really didn't want to address the ipod thing but since yuh brought it up I have seen coaches who thought their teams were ready take away cell phones on trip, barred teams from their own locker rooms after games, ban them from wearing the team training gear during training because they felt the players didn't represent the name on the uniform. The worst I was made aware of was a coach made her team get off th bus and walk a mile to campus after a loss. Her university still kept her on after it. So i really didn't put much stock in that ipod scenario

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2009, 11:22:37 AM »
The great coaches instill confidence not the other way around.

Similarly, great players overcome adversity.

Dwight Yorke overcame Ron Atkinson.

David Beckham overcame Alex Ferguson...who is regarded as one of the best in the business.

Yes great coaches instil confidence.  Great coaches also pull no punches, they do not coddle, and they tell you like it is.  

At the end of the day, it's about respect.  The players give it...the coaches earn it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »
I really didn't want to address the ipod thing but since yuh brought it up I have seen coaches who thought their teams were ready take away cell phones on trip, barred teams from their own locker rooms after games, ban them from wearing the team training gear during training because they felt the players didn't represent the name on the uniform. The worst I was made aware of was a coach made her team get off th bus and walk a mile to campus after a loss. Her university still kept her on after it. So i really didn't put much stock in that ipod scenario

D fact that d man could bring up d ipod as an issue shows dat is a Billy Goat not an ordinary goat. So dey was not focus because dey had on ipod. maybe having been expose 2 Fenick dey use d ipod not 2 hear d nonesense he was talkin.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »

David Beckham overcame Alex Ferguson...who is regarded as one of the best in the business.

Yes great coaches instil confidence.  Great coaches also pull no punches, they do not coddle, and they tell you like it is.  

At the end of the day, it's about respect.  The players give it...the coaches earn it.

Therein lies d crux ah d matter if after I get 7 yuh tell meh I have 2 live wit dat I eh go cuss yuh but respect yuh certainly will not get.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »
Thus the reason i didn't address it when I first made my comment. Its trivial matter to me
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:33:20 AM by nnyman18 »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2009, 11:33:11 AM »
This the reason i didn't address it when I first made my comment. Its trivial matter to me

But not d coach apperently.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2009, 11:36:45 AM »
Well yeah i think the majority of us on this thread don't believe in calling out your players in public. Sometimes coaches don't like to discredit themselves. Its start at the top and goes all the way down to your players. So those comments would have been better served among the staff

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2009, 12:17:01 PM »
BSC tough coach but i rarely hear any tobago baller say bad things about the man.  Matter of fact played with a lot of them and they all seem to like the man.  Different story with them Corneals.
        Most of you may have had experiences with Bertil as players but i had the experience to work with him as a Coach,i must admit he is a good Coach by our standards,everybody can't like you regardless to who you are because if i training hard and not making a team how am i going to like that Coach.
         When that U19 team was initially started i was the assistant Coach to Bertil,i had to quit after a few weeks because we could not see eye to eye on a lot of issues,it was a his way or the highway mentality and that did not work for me,but i have nothing against Bertil that's just his way,some how he has success with it.
         I would agree with Arimaman on the inferiority complex issue,Trinidad players had a hard time with him,it's part of the reason i had to quit,having said that we must give him credit for projecting players from Tobago because we would have missed out on some quality players,so we can't paint everybody with a broad brush we all have our weaknesses.
         What i don't like with some of these posts is the way local Coaches are being put down,what you all are saying may be true but lets take a step back and look at the joy these guys have given to Football in what ever way they can,the sacrifices they have made with little or no experience,the players/teams they have produced, what T&T Football wants will take about ten years to be implemented if they want to do something,but we don't have that kind of patience,we want to win WC,when we look at the quality of players we have had through our history it did not happen by mistake,local Coaches never gets credit for anything,all it does take is one foreign Coach to come here and get praise for all the work our local Coaches do.  

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2009, 12:30:18 PM »
U ever hear Mourinho, Rafa, Wenger or Fergie criticise his players in the media? Whether or not he do it behind closed doors is irrelevant because we know they is get cuss when they do their shite, but you doh come out in the papers and blame your players.

Last coach I see do that was Roy Keane...but that was after he blame himself, he blame the refs and he blame the fans who was booing the side. Eventually he shift blame to the players and he is no longer a manager at that club. Even Scolari who was getting stab from all sides by the Chelsea players defended them until after he get fired then he blame Ballack and Drogba.

U not supposed to blame the players. You have to instil that "them or us" mentality and stick with them as the coach and show a united front to the public.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2009, 01:00:12 PM »

I agree Palos, please don't misunderstand me.  Players cannot be disrespectful to the coaches, I would never ever agree or support that nonsense.  I played at a decent enough level that my feelings got hurt and I recovered but it cannot and should not be done in the media.  I cannot respect that....However, Anton initiated the media nonsense and the parents responded...I not agreeing with either side on this one.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »
U ever hear Mourinho, Rafa, Wenger or Fergie criticise his players in the media? Whether or not he do it behind closed doors is irrelevant because we know they is get cuss when they do their shite, but you doh come out in the papers and blame your players.

Last coach I see do that was Roy Keane...but that was after he blame himself, he blame the refs and he blame the fans who was booing the side. Eventually he shift blame to the players and he is no longer a manager at that club. Even Scolari who was getting stab from all sides by the Chelsea players defended them until after he get fired then he blame Ballack and Drogba.

U not supposed to blame the players. You have to instil that "them or us" mentality and stick with them as the coach and show a united front to the public.

Again................ big difference between Pro's and Youth players.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »

I agree Palos, please don't misunderstand me.  Players cannot be disrespectful to the coaches, I would never ever agree or support that nonsense.  I played at a decent enough level that my feelings got hurt and I recovered but it cannot and should not be done in the media.  I cannot respect that....However, Anton initiated the media nonsense and the parents responded...I not agreeing with either side on this one.

After dey collect dey 7 I spoke  a parent who told me what was said. They were not happy d players were not happy and dat could have died their. NOOOOOOOOOOOO D Billy Goat had 2 go on d loud mouth programme and lambase d boys and dey parents suppose 2 grin and bear it.

Right here we are are being blame for man not gettin contract so we must be PC but d national under 17 coach could say what he want.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2009, 03:05:15 PM »

real good point weary. De coach say dey ready then after dey get blows he tell dem and dey parents dey not ready.  well which is it?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2009, 05:31:16 PM »

real good point weary. De coach say dey ready then after dey get blows he tell dem and dey parents dey not ready.  well which is it?

We sure he not ready.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2009, 05:38:28 PM »

Focus.

I am not defending Corneal or his assistants.  

I am saying that the parents are the one's who complained about the coach talking harshly to their sons.  Those parents made comments such as "My son wanted to come home after the first game," said one parent. "Imagine the coaches were throwing words for some boys and saying 'allyuh feel you are big players because you went on trials to England or Portugal'".  It's not rocket science to deduct which players were being referred to and by extension who the parents involved would be.   We don't have that many U17 footballers going for trials in England and Portugal.  Which makes the request for anonymity by the parents kind of odd by the way.

So if those parents harbor ambitions of their sons becoming professional football players, they and their sons better learn that sort of language is minor in the overall scheme of things and if their sons feel to come home because of that (I not sayin so...that's what was reported), then perhaps they should look at an alternative career.

Dem fellas who play wit Jab know bout buff but if after u get 7 and dat is what d coach tell yuh. I go want 2 come home 2 so I will not waste any more time wit this chimp.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »
what is 'cosign"???  that related to Ramsing"???
Ho! Ho! Ho!

sein :-[ :-[
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2009, 06:25:54 PM »
There are two sides to the issue here. The most important as far as I am concern is that Anton has to take resposibility from the teams performances. He is the coach after all. His berating the players after the Mexico performance could fall either way. What if they had bounce back and win the other two games, we, or some us would be calling him a genius. But as it turns out he is the proverbial goat. Those who don't like the Corneals will not be convinced of Anton's abilities. When the team lost, he is a sh**t coach. When the team wins, he lucky.

The first game set the tone. After the  lost he had a right to display his displeasure with the team performance but in a more professional manner. Yes, tell they played badly but counter with some words of encouragement. They still in the development stages in the game of football. When his father coached our youth team, man, he chewd us out when we played badly. But later he and Roderick Warner would point out our flaws individually and collectively and had us work on correcting them. Anton is a Corneal. He is not Alvin. He is his own man. Take it or leave it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »
There are two sides to the issue here. The most important as far as I am concern is that Anton has to take resposibility from the teams performances. He is the coach after all. His berating the players after the Mexico performance could fall either way. What if they had bounce back and win the other two games, we, or some us would be calling him a genius. But as it turns out he is the proverbial goat. Those who don't like the Corneals will not be convinced of Anton's abilities. When the team lost, he is a sh**t coach. When the team wins, he lucky.

The first game set the tone. After the  lost he had a right to display his displeasure with the team performance but in a more professional manner. Yes, tell they played badly but counter with some words of encouragement. They still in the development stages in the game of football. When his father coached our youth team, man, he chewd us out when we played badly. But later he and Roderick Warner would point out our flaws individually and collectively and had us work on correcting them. Anton is a Corneal. He is not Alvin. He is his own man. Take it or leave it.

My friend it was neva on d cards dat we was winning d next 2 games after we get 7 pep talk or no pep talk. Then u lambase them strategic move. U right he eh Alvin he worse.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
Ah go leave this one alone but after reading all them posts, all ah would say is its a good thing that Jap Brown (RIP) not coaching this team :-[

1]; } ?>