May 09, 2024, 07:37:25 PM

Author Topic: Jabloteh announce sponsorship deals.  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jabloteh announce sponsorship deals.
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:02:29 AM »
Jabloteh announce sponsorship deals.
T&T Newsday Reports.

SAN JUAN Jabloteh Sports Club yesterday announced sponsorship deals, all lasting between two and three years, with six corporate groups - National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB), National Enterprises Limited (NEL), Hafeez Karamath Group, Langston Roach Industries, First Citizens and Santa Cruz Food Basket.

This announcement was made by Jabloteh Sports Club chairman Jerry Hospedales during a media conference at the NLCB booth, Queen’s Park Oval, St Clair yesterday.

Hospedales stated that yesterday’s event was “to re-launch and to re- brand (the) Club.”

As a result, the Jabloteh’s Pro League and Under-18 teams will now be known as the Play Whe San Juan Jabloteh, while their jerseys would also have the logos of the Hafeez Karamath Group and First Citizens.

The Club’s Under-14 and Under-16 football teams will now be called the NEL San Juan Jabloteh during the February-August season, while Langston Roach Industries will take care of all the teams’ transportation. The Hafeez Karamath Group will deal with the providing of meals and camps and the Santa Cruz Food Basket is the long-term provider for the Club’s office accommodation in Santa Cruz.

Hospedales said, “the Club is benefitting substantially from the inclusion of experience and expertise from these sponsors. Our governance would be enhanced through their representation on our Board and our Committees.”

The long-standing chairman pointed out, “subsequent to the loss of our major sponsor (CL Financial) in January 2009 and, in the context of the difficulty in bringing together a core group of sponsors to finance our activities, the Club decided to suspend its senior football operations for the 2012-2013 season.

“It was a difficult decision,” he added. “We had begun operations in May 1974 and participated since then in national football including semi-professional football since 1996 and professional football since 1998. At the youth level, we have been organising youth football since 1974 and this programme has continued unabated, providing both the Club and the national teams with quality players.

“We began women’s football in 2006 but suspended operations in 2012,” Hospedales related.

“Our re-launch and re-branding are now being effected through a private-public partnership agreement,” said Hospedales.

“In this framework, the Ministry of Sports is playing a key role as the source of a stable flow of finance. It was the commitment of the Minister of Sport (Anil Roberts) in August which led to our decision to re-join professional football in September.”

Jabloteh have distinguished themselves in both football and netball, and plan to celebrate their 40th anniversary in May.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh announce sponsorship deals.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:43:22 AM »
That's fantastic news - the less we rely on government money the better.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:04:22 AM »
Surprising that the bottom two teams Jabloteh and Rangers could get sponsors and T&T football Association can't get one to save their lives and have to wait for the ministry to sports to make a move before they get off their butts.

Maybe the TTFA should hire Jabloteh Sports Club chairman Jerry Hospedales.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:06:05 AM by Sando »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 06:13:59 AM »
This is very positive news for T&T professional football. The government subvention is there to provide stability, not to fully fund a clubs football. All clubs should be bringing on board sponsors, not just for financial reasons, but it also helps attract more supporters.
The more money coming in, the more players can be paid and the more professional the league will become.
Good work Jabloteh!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 06:18:58 AM »
Unfortunately, clubs like St Anns Rangers who only win one game this season and concede 40 goals doesn't make it good for sponsors.

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
San Juan Jabloteh  14  3  2  9  18  30  11
St Anns Rangers  13  1  0  12  12  38  3

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 06:30:20 AM »
Unfortunately, clubs like St Anns Rangers who only win one game this season and concede 40 goals doesn't make it good for sponsors.

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
San Juan Jabloteh  14  3  2  9  18  30  11
St Anns Rangers  13  1  0  12  12  38  3

Rangers have a different and very positive approach. All season their 18 and 19 year olds have been exciting, but naive. But they are maturing nicely and were far better than Police last night. They really deserved to win and are becoming a tight unit that's exciting to watch. Their philosophy is all about development and they're creating some decent future prospects.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 06:31:02 AM »
Daiz quite a victory for Jabloteh to get sponsorship in these times. Well done. The other teams would have noticed immediately, causing a confidence boost to the Pro League's administrators, team owners and team managers.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 11:02:36 AM »
Take note TTFA.

More bosses there than workers.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
Congrats to Jabloteh. Now all you need is your own facitlities.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
First off, well done to the sponsors for making an investment in a local football club. Now, here's my problem. Why is it that every time a pro league outfit gets a new sponsor(s), the name of the team has to change? I find it foolish and I'll tell you why. For a football club to be successful, especially on an international level, one of the things it must have is its own identity. It must be its own brand. The club comes first and should be its own entity. Case and point. Have you ever heard of A.I.G Manchester United, Fly Emirates Real Madrid or Samsung Mobile Chelsea F.C.? Sounds bloody ridiculous doesn't it? Sponsors don't run the club. They assist with expenses and get advertising and exposure for their business in return. That's why their logos are on stadium boards, vehicles and team kits. Football clubs should represent a community, town or city. Not a company (United Petrotrin), a region (Central F.C.) or an entire god forsaken island (Tobago United). Play Whe San Jan Jabloteh....seriously!!! Get real club owners. This nonsense going on too long and makes the pro league look idiotic.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 07:43:35 PM by MilkyX »
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 07:55:11 PM »
As far as I, you and the rest of the fans, is simply Jabloteh. The name eh change at all. Maybe the media have to used the full name. I really don't know. When Clico was sponsoring them, it was the same "Jabloteh".

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 08:23:34 PM »
First off, well done to the sponsors for making an investment in a local football club. Now, here's my problem. Why is it that every time a pro league outfit gets a new sponsor(s), the name of the team has to change? I find it foolish and I'll tell you why. For a football club to be successful, especially on an international level, one of the things it must have is its own identity. It must be its own brand. The club comes first and should be its own entity. Case and point. Have you ever heard of A.I.G Manchester United, Fly Emirates Real Madrid or Samsung Mobile Chelsea F.C.? Sounds bloody ridiculous doesn't it? Sponsors don't run the club. They assist with expenses and get advertising and exposure for their business in return. That's why their logos are on stadium boards, vehicles and team kits. Football clubs should represent a community, town or city. Not a company (United Petrotrin), a region (Central F.C.) or an entire god forsaken island (Tobago United). Play Whe San Jan Jabloteh....seriously!!! Get real club owners. This nonsense going on too long and makes the pro league look idiotic.

Well, many European clubs have given up their stadium name to sponsors. But clubs names in Europe have brand names which have taken over 100 years to establish. In T&T, there are no real brand names as such. In order to attract sponsors, you need to offer something. No real replica shirt sales, no big attendances so stadium advertising isn't viable, no live tv coverage, so all you have left is your name in the paper. We had Directv North East Stars, then Adams Construction San Juan Jabloteh, then Directv W.Connection. Doesn't make any difference to the team, but brings in some cash.
SocaWarriors.net Central F.C. is available for $1 million per year, guys!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »

RBNY?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »

RBNY?

I think that Red Bull are the actual owners, so that's another discussion.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 06:56:07 AM »

Well, many European clubs have given up their stadium name to sponsors. But clubs names in Europe have brand names which have taken over 100 years to establish. In T&T, there are no real brand names as such. In order to attract sponsors, you need to offer something. No real replica shirt sales, no big attendances so stadium advertising isn't viable, no live tv coverage, so all you have left is your name in the paper. We had Directv North East Stars, then Adams Construction San Juan Jabloteh, then Directv W.Connection. Doesn't make any difference to the team, but brings in some cash.

Good talk.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 12:43:41 PM »

I have about a dollar. That should help in your struggles to find sponsors with real cheddar. You could make a phone call with that dollar.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 02:19:52 PM »

Good talk.

Excellent analysis supporter. All the clubs really have to offer is their name in the paper. They really need to find a way to change that though.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »
Yea it's easy to say they should keep the name, but if you had a choice of your club facing liquidation or inserting a sponsor's name in front of it I know what I'd pick "McDonald's Charlton Athletic any day if it means we stay at The Valley!)

The real issue is what FS touched on - what do clubs have to offer? Me and the missus had a discussion about this - why do people sponsor pro league clubs? What do they offer? Clearly only 50/100 people turning up at a game and impossible-to-find shirts are not a big draw. There can't be much business sense in it - why do they do it? I've settled on community spirit or some interest in football, given the return must be minuscule unless they're qualifying for CONCACAF.

As the missus said (paraphrasing) "I went to the game and there was NO Digicel branding, no advertisement for the game - you'd never know that Digicel were part of it. What are they getting for their money?"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 07:51:23 PM »
This thread has plenty potential and can potentially unlock some seriously vexing questions about how to market TT club football along with "corporate" sponsors of different kinds.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 08:54:18 PM »
Yea it's easy to say they should keep the name, but if you had a choice of your club facing liquidation or inserting a sponsor's name in front of it I know what I'd pick "McDonald's Charlton Athletic any day if it means we stay at The Valley!)

The real issue is what FS touched on - what do clubs have to offer? Me and the missus had a discussion about this - why do people sponsor pro league clubs? What do they offer? Clearly only 50/100 people turning up at a game and impossible-to-find shirts are not a big draw. There can't be much business sense in it - why do they do it? I've settled on community spirit or some interest in football, given the return must be minuscule unless they're qualifying for CONCACAF.

As the missus said (paraphrasing) "I went to the game and there was NO Digicel branding, no advertisement for the game - you'd never know that Digicel were part of it. What are they getting for their money?"

Thats easy to answer: they're keeping bmobile out of professional football. So bmobile partner with TTFA instead.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 09:00:43 PM »
FS why don't you open a TT Proleague store?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 09:08:36 PM »
FS why don't you open a TT Proleague store?

Hmmm, I'm guessing if I brought one of those old red telephone boxes from England to sell replica jerseys, it would never get packed!

To be fair, I think there would be some trade, but not enough to sustain a business just selling ProLeague items. What would be better would be the Pro League offices placed in a decent location with an area set aside for sales. That way, you wouldn't have any overheads.

1]; } ?>