May 16, 2024, 07:34:36 AM

Author Topic: How does Rooney not get sent off?  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How does Rooney not get sent off?
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »
I have to admit Rooney gets the benefit of the doubt on lots of occasions. I am a Man U fan.

giggsy11

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »
I branded him as overrated in the past but I think he has improved a lot since last season and every season. I think he is an excellent passer long and short, excellent touch when trapping long and short passes, nice touch tuh set up his shots and is good with the ball when he has tuh change directions and tuh beat a man.(soft feet) Not tuh mention reading of the game and his movement tuh create opportunity to receive a pass. His problem is unlike Ronaldo he allows he allows his emotions to dictate whether he will be successful or not on the pitch. Ronaldo is a single minded, cold blooded assassin on the pitch ( think selfish/narcissist). Rooney is the ultimate team player who appears tuh think he can never do enough or always looking to please. (people pleaser/wants to be loved.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 05:34:18 PM »
Rooney is the ultimate team player who appears tuh think he can never do enough or always looking to please. (people pleaser/wants to be loved.

He thinks he can never do WRONG and gets backed up by the referees, the media, the manager, and supporters.  In this way, he will never correct that flaw and will always feel entitled.  When he then gets to a stage like CL where he does the same thing and gets sent off, everybody then says it's unfair.

The guy's a great young player but he has a very dark side to him that's not good for him or the game.  Enabling him only makes it worse.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

giggsy11

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »
Rooney is the ultimate team player who appears tuh think he can never do enough or always looking to please. (people pleaser/wants to be loved.

He thinks he can never do WRONG and gets backed up by the referees, the media, the manager, and supporters.  In this way, he will never correct that flaw and will always feel entitled.  When he then gets to a stage like CL where he does the same thing and gets sent off, everybody then says it's unfair.

The guy's a great young player but he has a very dark side to him that's not good for him or the game.  Enabling him only makes it worse.

Look as much as I enjoy watching he play I do cringe when he does some of the things he does.  He sometimes reminds me of Charles Barkley one of my favorite all time players but had poor impulse control when he allowed his emotions to dictate.

1]; } ?>