May 17, 2024, 12:51:44 PM

Author Topic: Top 10 WAGs  (Read 11707 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Top 10 WAGs
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »
Man does pick up wherever they is... so whatever social circle you start to move around in you will pick up in that circle.

plain and simple

Dais it right there...in a nutshell....good post

The whole overly indulgent talk about racial preferences and what kinda gyul yuh want when yuh get big and rich etc is a shallow, presumptuous pack o' @$$ especially when yuh just looking at pictures that represent a person's relationship status at a snapshot in time....If you were to show me a running picture collage of girls that a man was dealin' over a period of time, then yuh could start making inferences about what kinda girls that person is attracted to, and then start making assumptions as to why.... if yuh want to play behavioral/social psychologist...but in this example we seeing pictures of people's present relationships (or a snapshot at a given point in time)...and iz not just "a ting dey brushin"...these are women who they are in relationships with, some of which are long term, some marital etc...In any given meaningful relationship there would most likely be a number of factors that lead to two people being together and staying together...many factors that run alot deeper than skin color, so tuh watch a picture of a man gyul (especially a wife or long term girlfriend), and bawl something like "he only like whities...oh he feel he reach" is a pile o' nonsense because yuh makin' that statement ignorant of all the factors that make their relationship what it is...and ignorant of all the past relationship that person was in, and the reasons why they didn't work out... shallow thinking at the end of the day. 

Like FF said, yuh will pick up in the circles that yuh running in...If I live in Japan for 10 years, there's a higher chance that I'll end up dealin' a Japanese woman, than I would a Trinidadian, racial/ethnic preference notwithstanding...simple. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 08:04:01 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2009, 07:55:22 AM »
Man does pick up wherever they is... so whatever social circle you start to move around in you will pick up in that circle.

plain and simple

Dais it right there...in a nutshell....good post

well apparently this gyirl like to keep the circle tight

"Italian model Elisabetta Canalis is the former girlfriend of Christian Vieri and Didier Drogba"

Ther word of the month for me is: Boringalize
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »
Under all de ole talk, Makelele ex take win!!

True eh...I think I remember her from one of the rush hour (Chris Tucker/Jackie Chan) movies...

a bess ting fuh real....

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2009, 08:50:22 AM »
Like FF said, yuh will pick up in the circles that yuh running in...If I live in Japan for 10 years, there's a higher chance that I'll end up dealin' a Japanese woman, than I would a Trinidadian, racial/ethnic preference notwithstanding...simple. 

Wrong horse. If you lived in Japan for 10 yrs you would end up dealin a "chinee"
All asians is chinee in TNT lol
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2009, 08:51:45 AM »

Wrong horse. If you lived in Japan for 10 yrs you would end up dealin a "chinee"
All asians is chinee in TNT lol

ent  ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »
None of them WAGs woulda come round them fellas if they didnt have any money.

The more money yuh have the shorter, fatter uglier and more dotish you can be.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »
None of them WAGs woulda come round them fellas if they didnt have any money.

The more money yuh have the shorter, fatter uglier and more dotish you can be.

Like I said, "Doh hate the playa, hate the game!"

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2009, 12:37:36 PM »
Wey the darkies? Steups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

they are few and far between, u wont get many wit d white ballers an' u know what does go on wit d brothers when dey get lil fame (not deridin nobody eh, is ah common trend)

....and yuh KNOW what does go on wit dem European chicks when it come to Black man, too eh.  Dey doh give yuh room to BREED!  (ah really mean b-r-e-a-t-h-e, but bein de Trini I is ah had was to spell it how we does pronounce it nah..  ;))

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2009, 01:11:13 PM »
I see this one gone off course based on a couple casual comments.

I don’t believe you can look at interracial couples and make assumptions that either the man or woman choose to ignore their own or any other race. People come together in different circumstances and I don’t think yuh generalize and make judgments about why people come together.

With that being said…

really?  where all that coming from exactly?  you really can't be so stupid so I advise you actually go and re-read everything.

In any case, the question that JDB posed to spideybuff still stands (whether or not there is in an individual or collective slight against black women): how is the situation as depicted in spideybuff's original comment not constitute a slight against the sisters?  feel free to actually answer the question.  My own suspicion is that there is some disagreement to the meaning of the word 'slight'.   

for NUFF to ask which committee telling these men to make any decision is really just a paraphrasing of the question being debated.

To answer JDB's question... a preference is just that, a preference.  I already answered the question, which smart as you are, you clearly didn't recognize.  If a black footballer chooses to date a woman who isn't black then that's just a reflection of what his choice is, and not in itself necessary manifestation of some slight against black women.  Unless one is privy as to his choice in deliberating which race to date... assuming he actually sat down and said to himself "Self, should I date a black woman or a non-black woman?" then one has no basis for saying that that choice represents a slight.

Hopefully that logic's not too stupid for you to follow.

Daryn is right in that I was referring to Spidey’s explanation of the situation. It is difficult to state that, in a world of “different options”, it follows that sisters would rarely be first choice, and then say that it is not a slight against them.

Daryn probably has it right too in saying that people are using different interpretations of “slight”. Now if you disagree with that use of the word "slight" then that's fine, no need for a semantic discussion. Saying that an individual has a strong or perhaps exclusive preference for one type of person is IMO a slight against those who don’t fit that bill.

And there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that. What yuh check for is what yuh check for. Most people have broad, generic prejudices when it comes to what we look for in a mate. As a rule, I never checked for chicks who smoke. A very superficial distinction and I am sure it had real cool chicks out there who liked to take a puff but I usually wouldn’t be bothered. That is a definite slight against smokers. Likewise people will rank whole groups of potentially viable mates differently based on a first-pass assessment of race, ethnicity, age, height, age, finances etc. Harsh but true, but the good thing is it have more than enough people out there for everybody.

Now what people might feel bad to say for fear of mashing somebody corn is that there are black guys out there who date exclusively out of their race and it frets sisters to no end. Unfortunately guys who simply cater to all types get painted with the same brush. As a result, among some black women, there is the feeling of losing the “good ones”.

Obviously I can’t empathize with them because it is a unique situation for black women but what I try to convey is that if the person is not into your type at all they could never be the right person for you and you are not really “losing” anything.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
I see this one gone off course based on a couple casual comments.

I don’t believe you can look at interracial couples and make assumptions that either the man or woman choose to ignore their own or any other race. People come together in different circumstances and I don’t think yuh generalize and make judgments about why people come together.

With that being said…

Daryn is right in that I was referring to Spidey’s explanation of the situation. It is difficult to state that, in a world of “different options”, it follows that sisters would rarely be first choice, and then say that it is not a slight against them.

I'm not even sure that you can assume that because a man with a non-black woman that automatically "sisters" aren't his first preference.  What if he dates women of all races and only now happens to be with a non-black woman?  Does his current mate negate the fact that on other occasions black women were his "first choice" as you put it?

You probably then would have to provide your definition of "slight" which I see as some sort of demerit, "you not up to par, so I bypassing you for something better".

Dictionary definition:

–verb (used with object) 6. to treat as of little importance.
7. to treat (someone) with indifference; ignore, esp. pointedly or contemptuously; snub: to be slighted by society. 
8. to do negligently; scamp: to slight one's studies. 

Your position (and that of daryn) presumes that because a footballer is with a non-black woman he somehow looks askance at black women or otherwise contemplates them with some degree of contempt.  Your example of women who smoke is on par with this interpretation... you see their smoking as a negative trait and hence they get a demerit (even if not outright contempt) in your eyes and so they are not worthy of consideration.

What we don't know is whether these footballers in question harbor such attitudes towards black women, and for the life of me it baffles me how knowing nothing of these men individually, you and others feel comfortable in your assumption.  And an assumption it is, that because they are with non-black women, that is prima facie evidence that they somehow view black women negatively.  Mind you, I'm not here to advocate for these men, it's purely about the rhetorical exercise.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2009, 01:51:50 PM »
Alot of this discussion (regarding interracial relationships) is predicated on a notion that there is some kind of onus on people to primarily seek out relationships amongst their own race...and anything alternative to that is noteworthy and requires some explanation/rationale... People are so deeply rooted in that senseless tribalism to even realize we starting off on the wrong foot right there...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:53:31 PM by kicker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2009, 01:57:50 PM »
Alot of this discussion (regarding interracial relationships) is predicated on a notion that there is some kind of onus on people to primarily seek out relationships amongst their own race...and anything alternative to that is noteworthy and requires some explanation/rationale... People are so deeply rooted in that senseless tribalism to even realize we starting off on the wrong foot right there...

horse you just blow my mind...  :chilling:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2009, 02:02:05 PM »
If I's a man growing up could only afford doubles and as such, when I take my date out we go and buy two doubles with slight and a juice and we happy like pappy.

As time goes by, I have some money so I go and buy some KFC instead...that doh mean I doh like doubles no more, u know? It just mean that i could afford some KFC too.

Maybe I going through a phase where the KFC is the real thing after a late night as opposed to a doubles or a corn soup. I still love my doubles and corn soup but is just i could afford KFC now so why i must say no to the KFC because it from foreign?

Even if i go for a local something on the same level as the KFC(or better), like a Royal Castle, it is close up late at night when i want something, while the KFC there always happy to give me nuff breast, thigh and legs.So if is easier access for I man after a late night of partying, you mught get accustommed to the regular supply of that and doh want to fight up to get no Royal Castle. It doh mean I doh like Royal Castle tho...

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2009, 02:02:24 PM »

I wouldn't say it's the wrong foot per se... I think that the norm is for people to be attracted to "their own kind" so fair that there'll be that expectation by many.  Okay to have that expectation... where I agree with you is that it "wrong" to think negatively of a man (or woman) who then defies that expectation.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »

my contribution in this discussion is certainly not predicated on that notion, i can assure you of that.. hence the reason i said that it was not about interracial relationships, it was about the fellahs who pursue that for all the wrong reasons..

i talking about the fellahs who specifically discriminate based on what they have derived from whatever social influences or subliminal messages they have taken in. and i don't see why need to pretend that is not the case.. i talking based on what i observe; i talking based on people i know in different circles and have had an opportunity to interact with.. I know fellahs who go tell yuh off the bat they not coming to lime if is no white girls in de mix.. who will tell yuh black girls is too much wuk, or they eh able with de drama.. or the fellahs who tell yuh they looking to lock down with ah white ting for de most nonsensical reasons yuh could imagine.

Allyuh men talking about partnership decisions being a direct consequence of dem men social circles, but check dem men scene again.. Dem footballers does seek out and lime exclusively with their own nationalities and circles in whatever country they end up in.. Ronaldo liming partners was Anderson and Nani.. De frenchmen does clique.. De africans does lime with one another.. Latapy, Yorke and Lara.. So how is it that yuh could be looking for yuh own kind when it come to pardners but that 'social circle' doh extend to yuh gyul? I live right there in England and I saw for myself how dem men does operate..

kicker, isnt it also senseless tribalism thinking in this manner?

this eh no preference issue i on, basically thats where i coming from..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2009, 04:23:53 PM »

my contribution in this discussion is certainly not predicated on that notion, i can assure you of that.. hence the reason i said that it was not about interracial relationships, it was about the fellahs who pursue that for all the wrong reasons..

i talking about the fellahs who specifically discriminate based on what they have derived from whatever social influences or subliminal messages they have taken in. and i don't see why need to pretend that is not the case.. i talking based on what i observe; i talking based on people i know in different circles and have had an opportunity to interact with.. I know fellahs who go tell yuh off the bat they not coming to lime if is no white girls in de mix.. who will tell yuh black girls is too much wuk, or they eh able with de drama.. or the fellahs who tell yuh they looking to lock down with ah white ting for de most nonsensical reasons yuh could imagine.

Allyuh men talking about partnership decisions being a direct consequence of dem men social circles, but check dem men scene again.. Dem footballers does seek out and lime exclusively with their own nationalities and circles in whatever country they end up in.. Ronaldo liming partners was Anderson and Nani.. De frenchmen does clique.. De africans does lime with one another.. Latapy, Yorke and Lara.. So how is it that yuh could be looking for yuh own kind when it come to pardners but that 'social circle' doh extend to yuh gyul? I live right there in England and I saw for myself how dem men does operate..

kicker, isnt it also senseless tribalism thinking in this manner?

this eh no preference issue i on, basically thats where i coming from..

I don't see the example of Ronaldo fraternizing with Anderson & Nani as senseless tribalism...Tribalism for sure, but I think it's driven by/grounded in more reason than the societal onus so to speak that people should primarily be attracted to others of their own race..the obvious association in your example being that they all speak Portuguese, and language barrier is a hell of a thing in a foreign land...

If there are a bunch of African girls running in the social circles that the big shot African ballers run in, and they're being overlooked for girls of other ethnic backgrounds, then I suppose you can challenge the notion that men will pick up in the circles that they run in preference notwithstanding......but I don't see that that is what you're saying. 

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2009, 04:32:51 PM »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2009, 07:28:45 PM »
I'm not even sure that you can assume that because a man with a non-black woman that automatically "sisters" aren't his first preference.  What if he dates women of all races and only now happens to be with a non-black woman?  Does his current mate negate the fact that on other occasions black women were his "first choice" as you put it?

I am not making that assumption. Spidey used "more options" as an explanation for ballers ending up with non-black women. He was not describing an increased randomness in the type of women that ballers date but to explain a specific trend where the eventual choice of mate is non-black.

I think I made it clear that you can't generalize about why someone ends up with someone else. You also can't judge why people have preferences, not my bag. What you can do is acknowledge that there is a definite trend. The possible reasons is a whole other debate.

I don't think that anyone is taking note of people dating outside their race as taboo. As you said the reasons that people end up in a relationships are more than skin deep and in the absence of tribalism you would expect some randomness in the race of mate chosen.

I think the noteworthy thing is when people show a slavish, almost predictable, preference for one group. As you noted that is tribalistic and senseless and dating exclusively out of your race is just as senseless as limiting yourself within your race. Again, nobody could use a generalization to explain what drives an individual choice but there is a general trend.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2009, 03:24:20 PM »
Makalele's Ex, Noemie Lenoir

Aleesha Dixon

(Umm...supposedly went out wid John Carew once I think, doh really know if daz true but she is still a bess ting)

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: variety is the spice of life!

David seaman ex wife was black
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »
Well the african footballer like thier black women

Lalla Drogba

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2009, 04:34:23 AM »

In the words of Michael Jordan after the fling with Robin Givens...."she wasn't in it for love....she was interested in dating growth industries."

Playa to Playa - Pimp to Pimp

... and dahis why Robin Givens leaves a taint when I see her in any mix

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2009, 04:54:50 AM »
Well the african footballer like thier black women

Lalla Drogba

She's from Mali and Muslim. He's Ivorian and Catholic. Met through a family linkage.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2009, 05:37:33 AM »
Wey the darkies? Steups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Who ah man choose for his wife or girlfriend is his own damn choice and preference.  Why do the rest of us care if they light or dark?

If you like darkies then you date/marry darkies. 

For once I agree wid bake and shark.  If ah man choose one type of woman that is not a slight against all other type of women.

Should be wife and girlfriends if yuh so inclined.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
If I's a man growing up could only afford doubles and as such, when I take my date out we go and buy two doubles with slight and a juice and we happy like pappy.

As time goes by, I have some money so I go and buy some KFC instead...that doh mean I doh like doubles no more, u know? It just mean that i could afford some KFC too.

Maybe I going through a phase where the KFC is the real thing after a late night as opposed to a doubles or a corn soup. I still love my doubles and corn soup but is just i could afford KFC now so why i must say no to the KFC because it from foreign?

Even if i go for a local something on the same level as the KFC(or better), like a Royal Castle, it is close up late at night when i want something, while the KFC there always happy to give me nuff breast, thigh and legs.So if is easier access for I man after a late night of partying, you mught get accustommed to the regular supply of that and doh want to fight up to get no Royal Castle. It doh mean I doh like Royal Castle tho...

;D if Royal Castle extend operating hours, they go generate more business...cuz when man hungry/thirsty yuh have to work with the options available when everywhere else close.

1]; } ?>