May 20, 2024, 08:30:34 AM

Author Topic: Extra Time  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Extra Time
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:00:12 AM »
Watching the game between Colorado Rapids and Real Salt Lake with 7 mins added on time given by the referee. This is the first time i've even seen so mch time added on for any match .... Is that a record or has there been games with more added on time?
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Time
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 09:25:28 AM »
I saw a game with 9 mins added. I think it was WC 94.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 11:19:21 AM »
Before they started having the fouth official display the extra time, refs used to go ten minutes easy.

I remember when United played Sheff Wed in 1992 losing 1-0 after 90 minutes. 8 minutes and two Steve Bruce headers later and they end up winning the game. Everybody was in shock because they didn't know where all the stoppage time come from.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 11:21:22 AM »
Before they started having the fouth official display the extra time, refs used to go ten minutes easy.

I remember when United played Sheff Wed in 1992 losing 1-0 after 90 minutes. 8 minutes and two Steve Bruce headers later and they end up winning the game. Everybody was in shock because they didn't know where all the stoppage time come from.

Shock wha? Fergie used to tell de ref how much time to add on and when to blow off early!  In dem days....dey woulda extend de game for however long it take jes to ensure Man Boo did win or at de "worse"...doh lose.. ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>