May 17, 2024, 02:36:54 PM

Author Topic: Czech Republic back in second place  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Czech Republic back in second place
« on: November 23, 2005, 07:14:14 AM »
FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking
Czech Republic back in second place

Czech players Vladimir Smicer (R) and Pavel Nedved run with their national flag to celebrate their 1-0 victory over Norway and qualification for Germany 2006 on the 16 November 2005 in Prague.
(REUTERS) Petr Josek

(FIFA.com) 23 Nov 2005

The ten play-offs rounding off qualification for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ as well as 41 friendly matches have caused another shake-up in the November FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking just before the year draws to a close.

Creeping up behind undisputed supremos Brazil are the Czech Republic in second place (up 1) after two consecutive victories, whereas Spain are catching up in the tightly packed scramble immediately behind (6th, up 2).

All of the current top ten have qualified for the World Cup finals, whereas Turkey (11th), Denmark (13th), Greece (17th), Uruguay (18th), Cameroon (22nd), Ireland Republic (23rd), Colombia (25th) and Nigeria (25th) will all be conspicuous by their absence from Germany.

Australia's second qualification for a World Cup final competition after an absence of 32 years has hoisted the association, which will soon belong to the AFC, into the top 50 teams (49th, up 5). With the exception of Trinidad and Tobago (51st), Togo (56th) and Angola (62nd), all 32 World Cup finalists now feature among the top 50.

Victories in friendly matches have heaved Bulgaria (39th, up 7), Cote d'Ivoire (41st, up 7), Belarus (59th, up 11) and Cyprus (97th, up 6) up a few notches. In the race for the annual "Best Mover of the Year" title, World Cup participants Ghana, Switzerland and Togo are leading the pack.

http://fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,111537,00.html?articleid=111537
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

truetrini

Re: Czech Republic back in second place
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 07:15:51 AM »
before de Wc we go move into the top 50

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 07:25:39 AM »
I was hoping we could have cracked that 50 but rankings sometimes lie...I was wondering how Jamaica was ranked so high still?

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 07:53:12 AM »
I wondering how Bahrain who eh win ah game in 8 played has moved up 2 or 3 places????

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 07:59:33 AM »
This FIFA ranking is peer f**kery , leggo FIFA ranking people please leggo it..  Bahun aint win a game in about 10...JA jes collect 5 from Australia..Uruguay get kick up by JA almost 2 times a year yet still dem rate better than JA and TNT... Bahrun aint beat a team in about 10 games yet still dey was knocking on world cup door ..yow FIFA is flicking joke!!!!!!FIFA ranking is Bullshit go look a woman out a street and stop look at FIFA ranking!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 08:49:35 AM »
I really dunno if Jamaica, Honduras and Israel are better than us.
As I said before, these rankings reflect nothing
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 10:40:18 AM »
Yeah..Ii really do pay much attention to the rankings but apparently they play a big part in determining the seeds for the groups within the world cup. that along with performances in the most recent competitions.
well yes

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 10:42:51 AM »
Yeah..Ii really do pay much attention to the rankings but apparently they play a big part in determining the seeds for the groups within the world cup. that along with performances in the most recent competitions.

It wouldn't affect us anytime in the near future because only the top eight are being seeded.

After that it is all by confederation.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 10:54:08 AM »

Yes it does play a big part in de seeding... however.. there is no change to the top eight with this new rankings and as a matter of fact Czech Republic will not be a seed as they were not at the last World Cup... so that alone casue them to lose real points... same ting with Holland.....

So any group with either of them in it may be a group of death.....

Add to that there is a small chance that one of them will be de last team drawn from Pot B.... what this means is that they would go to another Pot....
Setting up a possible group with Brazil, Czech, Holland and a non-traditional team possibly TnT

FIRE!!!!!!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 11:35:01 AM »
I wondering how Bahrain who eh win ah game in 8 played has moved up 2 or 3 places????

I  was wondering bout that too. After the shit they do and they ill treatment of the of the T&T squad and supporters I thought they would drop down to about oh........50 spots and end up in the 100's section.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 11:40:06 AM »
   Once again to you all: THE RANKINGS EH MEAN A BAHRAIN CAMEL SHIT!! Ok enough talk about flicking rankings lorsh boy, all I care about is T&T making it into the second rounds or at least playing respectable in the WC I prefer we go in the WC rank 5

... prefer we go into the WC ranking 51 or even 101 and play well there than we do all kinda thing to get into the top 32 and then reach the world cup and toots down we self. The blasted rankings is jack sprat!! Once we play well in the WC our rankings will obviously improve, but I will be happy and filled with pride that my wonderful country performed creditably or even great, I will not care AT ALL that we may have got into the top 32 rankings. Where are our priorities darn it!

Football play it nice, rankings is for wussies.

It would be interesting if we played Togo and Angola. I always thought of them as being the weaker ones in the WC but not because of ranking.

J.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 01:02:53 PM by Tallman »
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 01:13:19 PM »

Check your facts before you open your mouth.

Israel played in Europe's group of death (with Switzerland, France and Ireland) and came out unbeaten!

they were sqeezed out on world cup qualification on either goal difference or by one pt.

They werent beaten by France, Switzerland, and Ireland both home and away, so carefull how u speak.

bless up!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>