May 08, 2024, 02:10:13 PM

Author Topic: Constructive Criticism here...  (Read 7827 times)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
Re: Constructive Criticism here...
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2009, 07:11:01 PM »
Well said Coop's. We're never satisfied. My first problem is that everyone is looking for a scape goat or for someone to blame and we're ignoring that we played against a solid team. It's as if it is our players' fault or the coach fault that we drew and we're not taking the fact that our opponents put us under pressure.

Yorke and John aren't 90-minute fit. John looked relieved to be coming off and Yorke walked the last 10 minutes or so of the game. Mentally I felt we looked a little tired too and you'd expect that because the guys were under tremendous pressure. For an away game in a well noted hostile ground it was an acceptable performance, even giving up the 2 goal lead. However we can get better.

The spacing between the respective lines needs to be more consistent and allow for better support on defence. At times the forwards were too far from the midfielders and in turn the midfielders were too far away from the defenders. Our wing midfielders need to be more active defensively when we're faced with a team who likes to overlap. They left the wing defenders alone too often. We need to be more composed around our defensive 18-yard box. Teams play for fouls in this area and too often we let ourselves be duped into committing cheap fouls. They had a lot of opportunities to line up our goal from 20 or so yards out. When we are fading in the last minutes of a game a couple leaders need to emerge to keep the team composed. If that happens we would be more likely to pass the ball foot to foot and play for fouls while we inch the ball upfield and kill clock.

These guys are beyond simple coaching. They are paid professionals and need to be held accountable (not blamed) for their performance. KJ had a bad one, but we're all entitled to the occassional off night. That said he still worked hard and was able to contribute defensively. We can probably see more of the attitude and experience that separates our foreign based professionals from the local ones. When things got bad late on Carlos Edwards was the same as Akile Edwards.

Hopefully the team has learned from this match. Despite being outplayed I think for most of the game the guys managed the pressure from El Salvador creditably and hopefully our remaining away matches in particular are more competitive.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »
We were satisfied wit d draw v Guatemala wit 10 men but upset bout d draw v ES.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing but a bunch a damn boo-birds
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »
Dat violence thing, spitting, pelting piss is not we. Doh take mih point so far nah. We not like dem in that way. I did say that we are a fun loving people. I just can't understand why we cyah enjoy a 2-0 lead even if we playing shit, but instead we wasting down de players who at that point were doing something that we really not accustomed to. Like enough is really never enough

Yuh mus ask yuhself why sometimes yuh does bawl HYMC! when yuh greet a padnah.  Or why yuh does cuss when Stern trow away yet another goal.  Or why yuh does leggo MC and carry on when WI snatch defeat from victory.  Is not because yuh go never support dem again.  Is not because dem is not your team.  Is because you CARE!

BTW..is de same peeps u beratin is de one's who after dey get dey heart broken in de most cruel of manners, in front of a ram cram stadium, needin only 1 point to qualify fuh dey first World Cup at any level & lorse, is de one's who gave dey team a standin ovation and tell dem WE LOVE YOU!

Now DAT yuh doh see anywhere else in de world!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

and that is why FIFA gave us the fairplay award because of the way the fans handled the loss. I was there in the stadium crying my eyes out but still clapping for my boys. And the best thing I ever see yet was the T&T fans hugging the USA fans and congratulating them through tears.
Trinis will call players out for their lackadasical effort, or their stupid mistakes or whatever the negatives are. But after all is said and done, we will be the first to assure our boys that we still love them, just try harder next time.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2009, 09:13:41 PM »
i think we started the game well but when we take the early lead we jus relax and never really got back in the game with the intensity of the first 7 minutes. Even when we scored the second off the  penalty, ir was against the run of play. Spann was badly out of position, yorke and birchall lack of playing time showed, keon daniel looked a shadow of himself, jones did nothing for us, stern played well except for the penalty miss which he being a seasoned pro should not miss. ince was good. nothing special from no one except maybe carlos at times.

i just heard on news that yorke, birchall and ince is suspended for the next game, could anyone confirm this?

From TTFA site **********

When quizzed by reporters as to whether Assistant Coach/Player Russell Latapy should have been on the field, Maturana replied “No. I don’t even  think that he thought was ready to play. He was very entrenched in what was going on the field of play and very entrenched in his role as an assistant coach. I don’t even think he even had his shoes on.”

T&T will miss the services of Yorke, Clayton Ince and Chris Birchall in the next home match against Honduras on March 28 because of suspension.

“That is definitely something we will have to reassess because these are two players we will have to replace in the middle of our game,” Maturana added

Latapy assured the T&T team that all was not lost and it was in fact the beginning of a final round journey to South Africa that is still very much alive.

At the end of the match, several soldiers had to form a protective barrier using shields to allow the T&T team members to exit the dressing room on their way to the team bus a little  less than 100 metres away. And prior to the team’s closing prayer before departing the dressing room there was  a five-minute period where several racial slurs were directed at the T&T team from home fans who were on the opposite end of the wall separating the room.

One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »
Dat is it fellas d National Coach say dat d player/coach or is it coach/player was into what was goin on d field. Mats did we need Latas on d field?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2009, 09:26:12 PM »
i think we started the game well but when we take the early lead we jus relax and never really got back in the game with the intensity of the first 7 minutes. Even when we scored the second off the  penalty, ir was against the run of play. Spann was badly out of position, yorke and birchall lack of playing time showed, keon daniel looked a shadow of himself, jones did nothing for us, stern played well except for the penalty miss which he being a seasoned pro should not miss. ince was good. nothing special from no one except maybe carlos at times.

i just heard on news that yorke, birchall and ince is suspended for the next game, could anyone confirm this?

And prior to the team’s closing prayer before departing the dressing room there was  a five-minute period where several racial slurs were directed at the T&T team from home fans who were on the opposite end of the wall separating the room.

Ah think is de corona's them does be drinking yuh know...why dem so vex?
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>