May 22, 2024, 09:26:09 AM

Author Topic: Kerron Clement our lost 400m Hurdler  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Kerron Clement our lost 400m Hurdler
« on: September 04, 2008, 05:33:05 AM »
Who should we blame for his lack of patriotism for his country of birth and opting instead to rep the USA?

1. Him (Clement have a mind of his own and doh listen to no one!)

2. His parents (they never played enough calypso & soca in the house when he was growing up in T&T, all he use to hear was hip-hop & r&b)

3. Our T&F federation (He was interested & his parents were also interested in him running for T&T but our Federation weren't giving him the necessary support)

Responses will be appreciated!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 05:34:45 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerron Clement our lost 400m Hurdler
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 06:42:31 AM »
1 & 3
BORN TO DO IT

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 06:58:18 AM »
all 3

plus the baddest who fail to put ah wine on him
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:55:52 AM »
Who vex vex. I does claim and support him still.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 02:20:41 PM »
Who vex vex. I does claim and support him still.

I doh claim him... but I does support him, especially since he does still credit TnT.  Ent like de man fuhget where he from.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 09:22:01 PM »
Thanks guys!!

Well there you have it!
Hopefully Clement will learn from this! Must say if he was still reppin T&T & won a silver or gold for us in the Olympics he would be treated like a national hero (much like Richard will/is) & would be getting much more appreciation & star status than winning the same medals for the USA.
I just hope Kerron realises this & how he really missing out!! Tell me which road or stadium they going to name after him for winning that silver for the USA? Also how much Tribute tunes are the US artists going to realise in appreciation? I just hope Kerron follows the T&T news with Richard to see how much he missing out! You must never ever abandon your country of birth which is why we love Ato so much & always will!! :salute: :chilling:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:30:18 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 01:24:16 AM »
Thanks guys!!

Well there you have it!
Hopefully Clement will learn from this! Must say if he was still reppin T&T & won a silver or gold for us in the Olympics he would be treated like a national hero (much like Richard will/is) & would be getting much more appreciation & star status than winning the same medals for the USA.
I just hope Kerron realises this & how he really missing out!! Tell me which road or stadium they going to name after him for winning that silver for the USA? Also how much Tribute tunes are the US artists going to realise in appreciation? I just hope Kerron follows the T&T news with Richard to see how much he missing out! You must never ever abandon your country of birth which is why we love Ato so much & always will!! :salute: :chilling:

After yuh get ole... does road and stadium help keep yuh light on or ensure hot meals on yuh table?  At the end of the day running for the US presents unique marketing and sponsorship opportunities for an athlete, opportunities that may not necessarily present themselves running for a lesser-profile country.  I dunno de man business, but I sure he comfortable not having stadium and road named after him.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 09:06:46 AM »
Thanks guys!!

Well there you have it!

After yuh get ole... does road and stadium help keep yuh light on or ensure hot meals on yuh table?  At the end of the day running for the US presents unique marketing and sponsorship opportunities for an athlete, opportunities that may not necessarily present themselves running for a lesser-profile country.  I dunno de man business, but I sure he comfortable not having stadium and road named after him.

Tell me who would you like for our T&T youngsters to follow, Richard or Kerron.
They both won silver medals in this Olympics just gone!
Also note Ato is a older retired version of Richard. Is Ato struggling to pay his light bill?
Don't think he is or ever will?
Who do you think was Richard's biggest influence & inspiration?
You got it Ato!!
Who do you think was Ato's biggest influence & inspiration?
You got it Crawford!!

Did they both have tribute songs & roads or stadiums named after them?
Yes!!

Hope you now clearly see my point!
Kerron must make his bed & lie in it but he should also see where he could have had a BIG postive influence on upcoming young atletes in his country of birth if he had set the patriotic example but is now missing this golden opportunity.
Mind you our T&F Fedration didn't help much in supporting Kerron to make the right decision & so must accept part of the blame!

Cheers  :chilling:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:15:52 AM by Socapro »

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 11:28:25 AM »
Kerron who?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 04:28:47 AM »
Kerron who?
Same question the NAAA  ask back when he was trying to run for us.

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>