May 15, 2024, 01:56:47 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 471279 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1020 on: January 20, 2011, 02:16:45 PM »
Liverpool have been boosted in the race to sign Portuguese international left back Fabio Coentrao.

The Benfica defender has been linked with an Anfield switch in recent months, and has now revealed his personal feelings towards Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool side.

"I love Liverpool," Coentrao is re-quoted as saying on Live4Liverpool.

The 11 cap international also admitted that it was nice to be tracked by Real Madrid, and that being coached by the 'Special One' would be difficult to turn down.

"Who would not want to be coached by Mourinho?"

A product of the Rio Ave youth system, Coentrao joined Benfica in 2007. After three loans the following season, the player settled well into the Águias first team and has been a regular for the past two years.

Manchester United have also previously taken an interest in the player, and were again linked less than a week ago by the Daily Mail.

It is Liverpool who have been following the player more closely in recent months though, with scouts reportedly sent to watch the 22-year-old wingback at the Estádio da Luz.

Dalglish has been promised money to spend at Anfield by the club's new owners, NESV, and a left back is thought to be high on the Liverpool agenda in an effort to cover the under-performing Paul Konchesky.

The Reds would hope to negotiate a deal lower than the £20 million valuation, and Liverpool could face competition for the player were an offer for the highly-rated player accepted.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/coentrao-admits-anfield-interest

Feeling encouraged by these new owners.  Werner come out big and bad and say he spending now, and will have funds to spend in the summer too.  Now to get some good signings in.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 22, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »
Liverpool 1:0 Wolverhampton at the half

Liverpool playing their best football in 3 seasons, despite being forced to play on a cow pasture and despite some agricultural challenges by the Wolves players, befitting the grounds I suppose.  Torres looks inspired... and Meireles in particular is having a great game.  Lucas has never been a favorite of mine, but he's quietly having a very good season if you ask me.  He's taken over that defensive presence that we had with Mascherano whils supporting Meireles and Maxi just ahead of him.  This 4-5-1 under Dalglish is interesting but it fits with his short-passing game.  The players finally seem to be settling in under his hand.  Good to see Poulsen on the pitch.

-----------------------------

EDIT:

Liverpool 2: 0 Wolverhampton 50'

Incredible dipping volley from Meireles from 25 meters off a defensive header... great touch to get the ball to dip with pace into the upper left corner... as Macca said, 3 goalkeepers couldn't stop that.  Liverpool playing with a nice rhythm to their game, and Meireles in particular is offering himself as the next Xabi perhaps... his passing has been fantastic this game.  Second goal in as many weeks so maybe he's finally getting comfortable.

---------------------------------

EDIT:

Liverpool 3:0 Wolves- Final   

Torres (36', 90+1'), Meireles (50')

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:11:00 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 22, 2011, 09:22:46 AM »
Meirelles certainly offers more than Mascherano going forward.  A good buy.  Great shooting range.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 22, 2011, 11:41:38 AM »
Meirelles certainly offers more than Mascherano going forward.  A good buy.  Great shooting range.

Agreed. His second goal for Liverpool today was pure class. Just like the one against Everton last week.

This week's goal was better though.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 22, 2011, 01:01:39 PM »
Lucas didn't have a wrong pass today at all. Crisp, quick and smart on the ball.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 22, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »
Martin Kelly is another one who's had a terrific run of games since Kenny took over.  Will be interesting to see what happens once Carra returns... because Agger has also regained his job over Hodgson favorite Konchelsky

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 22, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »
Martin Kelly is another one who's had a terrific run of games since Kenny took over.  Will be interesting to see what happens once Carra returns... because Agger has also regained his job over Hodgson favorite Konchelsky
Glen Johnson replaced Konchelsky.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 22, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »

Martin Kelly took Glen Johnson's spot at RB and Johnson was shifted to left.  That shift to left moved Agger to left center half... Kelly effectively replaced Konchesky in the lineup.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:56:24 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 22, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »

Question is where will Carra play, and will Johnson be allowed to carry on in defence, cause Kelly keeping that right fullback position.  That is potentially England's future right back.  Also, with Warnock supposedly on the way back to Anfield on loan, Johnson may be relieved of the left back position and benched, and eventually sold in the summer.  He offers a lot going forward, but is not good defensively, and that is the honest truth.  He is really a midfielder posing as a right back.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:59:19 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 22, 2011, 05:01:43 PM »

Question is where will Carra play, and will Johnson be allowed to carry on in defence, cause Kelly keeping that right fullback position.  That is potentially England's future right back.  Also, with Warnock supposedly on the way back to Anfield on loan, Johnson may be relieved of the left back position and benched, and eventually sold in the summer.  He offers a lot going forward, but is not good defensively, and that is the honest truth.  He is really a midfielder posing as a right back. 

I beg to differ... his spot at RB for England attests to as much.  He's had his struggles this season, but much of that could be attributed to injury and the overall poor form of the team itself.  His speed on the wings defensively makes him too much of an asset to cut loose less than 24 months after being acquired.  Plus he still is very young.  Agger is a more likely candidate to be sold if Kelly does in fact cement his spot at RB... it's only been 5 games.  As good as Carra has been for us he's not a long term solution, last season was easily his worst in a Liverpool shirt and the early season return to form to me isn't enough promise for us to be jettisoning a player like Johnson just to make room for Carragher on the field.  Kelly, Johnson and Skrtel are my keepers.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 22, 2011, 06:15:04 PM »

Question is where will Carra play, and will Johnson be allowed to carry on in defence, cause Kelly keeping that right fullback position.  That is potentially England's future right back.  Also, with Warnock supposedly on the way back to Anfield on loan, Johnson may be relieved of the left back position and benched, and eventually sold in the summer.  He offers a lot going forward, but is not good defensively, and that is the honest truth.  He is really a midfielder posing as a right back. 

I beg to differ... his spot at RB for England attests to as much.  He's had his struggles this season, but much of that could be attributed to injury and the overall poor form of the team itself.  His speed on the wings defensively makes him too much of an asset to cut loose less than 24 months after being acquired.  Plus he still is very young.  Agger is a more likely candidate to be sold if Kelly does in fact cement his spot at RB... it's only been 5 games.  As good as Carra has been for us he's not a long term solution, last season was easily his worst in a Liverpool shirt and the early season return to form to me isn't enough promise for us to be jettisoning a player like Johnson just to make room for Carragher on the field.  Kelly, Johnson and Skrtel are my keepers.

I think the man to bench will be Kuyt. Yes he is a work horse, but has not really been productive. Kenny says he is fielding the best 11 players on the field. If this is the case and Warnock comes in at LB, then GJ will move to RM.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 22, 2011, 06:28:30 PM »

I think the man to bench will be Kuyt. Yes he is a work horse, but has not really been productive. Kenny says he is fielding the best 11 players on the field. If this is the case and Warnock comes in at LB, then GJ will move to RM.

Oh gawd nah... dai'z blasphemy.  You benching Kuyt ahead of dat shitsnake Maxi Padriguez?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 22, 2011, 06:54:04 PM »

Oh gawd nah... dai'z blasphemy.  You benching Kuyt ahead of dat shitsnake Maxi Padriguez?

What annoying me bout Maxi is that right foot of his.  It only good for balance.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 22, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »
Maxi past his prime yes, and he has not been playing like before. Agreed. I rel disappointed with him but he offers more attacking than Kuyt and has better positioning. So in my eyes, he will be before Kuyt unless Jova or Aurelio catches form. Or Stevie plays left. *Providing no buys on the left obviously*

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 22, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
nah fish yuh talking tata.....Kuyt is a way better player than Maxipad....

Kuyt is ah workhorse and iz like 2 man on d field
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: January 22, 2011, 08:00:55 PM »

Buh I admit d man is a workhorse and good but he not producing. All yuh not watching d man play.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 22, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »

What annoying me bout Maxi is that right foot of his.  It only good for balance.

LOL... tuh keep him upright yuh mean?  Yuh see he wile voop today off de right foot?  :rotfl:

-------------------------------------

fish nah man, yuh looking tuh get yuh Anfielf passport raff.  Kuyt producing in all kinda ways that stats don't necessarily capture.  He playing defensive mid, he supporting in de hole right behind Torres... he playing up front as a second striker... up and down the wings... nah!

I bias because he's my favorite Liverpool player... but nah, even objectively speaking his hustle alone does both save we and keep we in games.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 23, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »

LOL... tuh keep him upright yuh mean?  Yuh see he wile voop today off de right foot?  :rotfl:

fish nah man, yuh looking tuh get yuh Anfielf passport raff.  Kuyt producing in all kinda ways that stats don't necessarily capture.  He playing defensive mid, he supporting in de hole right behind Torres... he playing up front as a second striker... up and down the wings... nah!

I bias because he's my favorite Liverpool player... but nah, even objectively speaking his hustle alone does both save we and keep we in games.
       Bakes,i must say i totally agree with you here,Kuyt is Liverpool,if you looking at a player that gives his all every game,that's one,sometimes i wonder what's his best position.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 23, 2011, 12:21:33 PM »
       Bakes,i must say i totally agree with you here,Kuyt is Liverpool,if you looking at a player that gives his all every game,that's one,sometimes i wonder what's his best position.

Coop's... totally agree.  I think Kuyt's versatility is what's really kept him back from being a bigger star... even with the Dutch national team.  I can't think of one other person in all of football (certainly not in England) who puts in a better shift than Dirk Kuyt.  Never takes a play off and when you really check it, never puts in a wrong foot either.  I can count on how many games I've personally watched (and between Holland and Liverpool that's a lot) where he's even been carded.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 23, 2011, 12:58:22 PM »

I rel like d man. D man is class act and work rate second to none. He lose d ball and bet he'll run that down from one end to the next. But offensively on the wing, if they continue to play that 4-5-1, they'll need someone else that supplies better. That's all I saying. And Maxi shitting on heself, but he still producing more offensively than Kuyt. Remember one of our main problems is that offense and support up front.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 23, 2011, 04:25:29 PM »

Buh I admit d man is a workhorse and good but he not producing. All yuh not watching d man play.
[/quot

Kuyt is having a substandard season.  Work rate aside, he has been a real disappointment.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 23, 2011, 04:41:13 PM »

Kuyt is having a substandard season.  Work rate aside, he has been a real disappointment.

I trying to understand the criticism of Kuyt.  Torres had 6 goals going into yesterday's game.  There has been little consistency by any of our offensive players, little consistency on defense, meaning a lot of soft goals causing us to play from behind.  We enjoyed only our second road victory of the season... yet allyuh men saying Kuyt of all people has been a disappointment?  What has HE done, or not done that is the disappointment?  I'm trying to understand what he has done to stand out as a disappointment.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 24, 2011, 07:43:09 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WntL_5hYjdI&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

Thirty-one passes for the third goal...over a minute and a half of possession.  Real patience.  Kuyt say training under Dalgish and Steve Clarke reminds him of the Ajax way:  plenty of ball movemnet in tight spaces, along the ground as much as possible, positional work in small spaces.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:47:35 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 25, 2011, 01:02:28 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WntL_5hYjdI&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

Thirty-one passes for the third goal...over a minute and a half of possession.  Real patience.  Kuyt say training under Dalgish and Steve Clarke reminds him of the Ajax way:  plenty of ball movemnet in tight spaces, along the ground as much as possible, positional work in small spaces.

lovely football. things are finally falling into place.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 25, 2011, 04:42:54 PM »
Always liked this yute... but this is in the best interest of all concerned.

Babel completes German switch

25th Jan 2011 - Latest News

Ryan Babel has brought his three-year Anfield career to an end by signing for German outfit Hoffenheim.

The Dutch winger has penned a two and a half year deal with the Bundesliga outfit with the option of a further year. 

Everybody at Liverpool Football Club would like to wish Ryan the best of luck at his new club.

Author: Paul Eaton

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/babel-completes-german-switch

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 25, 2011, 04:49:01 PM »
First time Liverpool ever score a goal so.  Congrats

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 25, 2011, 05:02:46 PM »
and it wont be the last
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 25, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »

You're wrong, but thank you.  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8CCaW7XukQ

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 25, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »

You're wrong, but thank you.  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8CCaW7XukQ

Pool probably have done it more than twice.  Still 11th place though

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:57 PM »
Pool probably have done it more than twice.  Still 11th place though

...and we'll win as many titles this season as Chelsea.

1]; } ?>