May 15, 2024, 01:50:45 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 471277 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2430 on: December 05, 2013, 12:37:18 AM »
That third goal was one of the best ever...given the quality of goals he has scored he can now be mentioned in the same breath as CR Ronaldo Ronaldo and Ronaldinho

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: December 05, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
That third goal was one of the best ever...given the quality of goals he has scored he can now be mentioned in the same breath as CR Ronaldo Ronaldo and Ronaldinho

Nah.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: December 05, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »
There's no denying that he's on present form, the best player in England, and as such, one of the best players in Europe.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: December 07, 2013, 11:06:58 AM »
all d other big horse...loss today or draw...come on Arse...do d same tomorrow....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: December 15, 2013, 11:49:22 AM »
Bad scoreline, bad loss, no fight in this Spurs team.
Paulinho decide he eh want to run in the rain anymore and check out. I don't even know that Mignolet had to make a save.
Yep - 9 shots, none on target.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: December 15, 2013, 12:17:52 PM »
Yep. The title race wide open . . .Great stuff.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 15, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »
Suarez had two goals and two assist and they give Henderson man of de match vs Spurs.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 15, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »
Suarez had two goals and two assist and they give Henderson man of de match vs Spurs.

Yeah. . .I didn't get that one. . .they pushing they boy.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: December 15, 2013, 12:52:38 PM »
From the look in Levy face after the game, AVB gone tomorrow.  That is one ruthless man.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 15, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »

Henderson deserved it... his movement all game was incredible.  Add to which he controlled midfield along with Coutinho, Lucas and Allen... scored a goal, got the assist on Suarez' first goal (I'll have to check officially, but is he was involved in the give and go to set it up) and created the ball for the third goal.  He tried to backheel the ball at first and it was blocked... tracked it down and nutmeg the defender with the backheel the second time around, for Suarez to pick it up.  I think Ferguson light a fire under him with the criticism... that and it's a World Cup year.

EDIT:  Moment of the match for me is about a minute before Suarez scored his second in the 84'... Coutinhno trip over some grass and fall in the box... commentator say "Simulation... I've seen referees give penalties for that"  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:10:57 PM by Bakes »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: December 15, 2013, 06:08:47 PM »
Livers...must say im real impressed and real glad for them...i like how they first of all they stuck with brendan and held to suarez and they look on their way to digging themselves out of their rot in some style too...

suarez is a grade A menace...hope that lil girl who was trying to punk him during the handshakes is in tears now...

hopin the UCL anthem playin there next year  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 15, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »
Livers...must say im real impressed and real glad for them...i like how they first of all they stuck with brendan and held to suarez and they look on their way to digging themselves out of their rot in some style too...

suarez is a grade A menace...hope that lil girl who was trying to punk him during the handshakes is in tears now...

:beermug:

Missed the handshake snub, but yeah hope that even if title aspirations fall short (and we long overdue on that), that we at least remain in Top Four form.  We already lost out on Mkhitaryan and Willian b/c we weren't in the CL, but need to change that in the off-season when we retool.  Only one game, but truly a masterclass performance on the day... especially given the venue, White Hart Lane, where we hadn't won in 6 previous trips, getting embarrassed off the pitch two seasons ago. 

Peep Henderson backheel nutmeg on Walker at 2:12... looks like he tried it a couple seconds earlier and Walker blocked it.  He get ketch nice the second time though.  Happy that Henderson was rewarded for his good play by getting a goal.  Happier yet for Flanagan... grew up in Liverpool a fan of the team.  In a day and age when clubs could buy players from all over the world he get a chance to start for his boyhood team.  Got his first ever goal for the squad today... and what a finish, that was no defender's goal.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRe2H52d_ho" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TRe2H52d_ho</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 16, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »

:beermug:

Missed the handshake snub, but yeah hope that even if title aspirations fall short (and we long overdue on that), that we at least remain in Top Four form.  We already lost out on Mkhitaryan and Willian b/c we weren't in the CL, but need to change that in the off-season when we retool.  Only one game, but truly a masterclass performance on the day... especially given the venue, White Hart Lane, where we hadn't won in 6 previous trips, getting embarrassed off the pitch two seasons ago. 

Peep Henderson backheel nutmeg on Walker at 2:12... looks like he tried it a couple seconds earlier and Walker blocked it.  He get ketch nice the second time though.  Happy that Henderson was rewarded for his good play by getting a goal.  Happier yet for Flanagan... grew up in Liverpool a fan of the team.  In a day and age when clubs could buy players from all over the world he get a chance to start for his boyhood team.  Got his first ever goal for the squad today... and what a finish, that was no defender's goal.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRe2H52d_ho" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TRe2H52d_ho</a>

That fella really boss de midfield yesterday.  He was like a raging bull, but with controlled efficiency.  He looks a better player playing higher up the pitch.  Allen was good too.  I thought his passing range was excellent, and he combines well with Lucas.   Good to see Sterling's confidence is back up.  De man was calling for de ball everytime in the first half, cause he smelled blood on a wounded animal that was called Naughton.   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 16, 2013, 05:56:20 PM »
Sterling abuse Naughton all kinda way... but poor fella, that was on the coach though.  He's not a natural left back but AVB insist on playing him there (out of necessity perhaps?)  Was reading a breakdown in the Guardian I think it was, which stated that AVB even try to shift Dembele over to provide cover before throwing in the towel and taking off Naughton... who provided naught on the day.  Henderson really growing into the role... he suffer so much abuse, some from me self, that yuh can't help but see him vindicated of sorts... especially with that jackass Ferguson piling on in his book.  Not sure what it profits a grown ass man like Ferguson to slag a youth like Henderson who still trying to make a name for himself.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 16, 2013, 06:30:38 PM »
Sterling abuse Naughton all kinda way... but poor fella, that was on the coach though.  He's not a natural left back but AVB insist on playing him there (out of necessity perhaps?)  Was reading a breakdown in the Guardian I think it was, which stated that AVB even try to shift Dembele over to provide cover before throwing in the towel and taking off Naughton... who provided naught on the day.  Henderson really growing into the role... he suffer so much abuse, some from me self, that yuh can't help but see him vindicated of sorts... especially with that jackass Ferguson piling on in his book.  Not sure what it profits a grown ass man like Ferguson to slag a youth like Henderson who still trying to make a name for himself.

He even making me eat my own words.  I said he was an overvalued good-for-nothing, but I think he is now even better than the player he was at Sunderland:  great engine, nice passing range, solid defensively, and really starting to turn it on in the attacking third.  Competition heating up, cause Allen starting to look like the player he was at Swansea and early 'Pool days, and Sterling put a smile on Hodgson face yesterday.  Look Victor Moses cyar see the field right now.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: December 16, 2013, 07:46:42 PM »
He even making me eat my own words.  I said he was an overvalued good-for-nothing, but I think he is now even better than the player he was at Sunderland:  great engine, nice passing range, solid defensively, and really starting to turn it on in the attacking third.  Competition heating up, cause Allen starting to look like the player he was at Swansea and early 'Pool days, and Sterling put a smile on Hodgson face yesterday.  Look Victor Moses cyar see the field right now.

Yuh know who was well crowing yesterday... Kenny!  They take down the clip ah posted above but Kenny was grinning hard after Flanno rattle in that goal.  I know he was happy for de yute especially he's the one give him he first sweat three years ago.  He had to be happy to see Henderson finally develop too... and yeah, he miles ahead of where he was at Sunderland.  He made all the progressive steps that Shelvey, a naturally more talented player in attack, fail to make.  Henderson had the sweet give and go with Suarez to set up the first goal, the backheel nutmeg to set up the cross for Flanagan... and his own effort and subsequent goal to show for his efforts yesterday.  Hope the string of positive performances continue.  As for Allen... he not as abject as he was late last season into the start of this campaign, but ah still not ready to endorse him yet.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 17, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »

Saurez back in good graces, but Ballo chased from England.  :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: December 17, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »

Apples and oranges... Suarez never do anything as outrageous as Balotelli.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:25:30 PM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: December 17, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »

Apples and oranges... Suarez never do anything as outrageous as Balotelli.

Que......you joking right. You have to be. Name one thing that Balotelli did that adds up to this vvvvv

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: December 18, 2013, 12:37:42 AM »
That was a minor misunderstanding.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: December 18, 2013, 10:14:04 AM »
That was a minor misunderstanding.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: December 20, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
Luis Suárez signs long-term deal to stay at Liverpool until 2018 (UK Guardian)

• Uruguay striker to be paid £200,000 a week
• 'I can achieve the ambitions of winning trophies here'

Andy Hunter
Friday 20 December 2013 08.42 EST

Luis Suárez puts pen to paper on his new four-and-a-half-year contract at Melwood training ground.
Photograph: Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

Luis Suárez said his intention is to stay with Liverpool "for a long time" after extending his contract until 2018 and becoming the highest-paid player in the club's history.

The Uruguay international signed a four-and-a-half year deal on Friday after swift negotiations between Liverpool's managing director, Ian Ayre, and Suárez's agent, Pere Guardiola, in Barcelona this week. Suárez's salary will rise from £120,000 to £200,000 a week, reflecting his status as the leading goalscorer in the Premier League, and there are bonuses for goals scored and Champions League qualification.

Liverpool have refused to confirm if there is a get-out clause in the new contract, although Anfield officials had been keen to remove a £40m valuation on a striker they rate in the Gareth Bale £86m price-bracket. They also wanted to ensure he cannot sign for another English club without their consent.

On Guardiola's part, there had been a desire to obtain a watertight agreement that Suárez could leave should Liverpool again fail to qualify for the Champions League. Both parties accepted the need to avoid a repeat of last summer's transfer saga, when confusion reigned in the player's camp over whether he could leave after Arsenal bid £40,000,001 and he publicly accused the manager, Brendan Rodgers, of breaking promises over his future.

Liverpool moved swiftly to secure Suárez's services with the striker in stunning form, his club able to go top of the Premier League with victory over Cardiff City on Saturday, and with Rodgers insisting the player was in the "happiest point" of his professional career. The striker, who had two-and-a-half years remaining on his previous contract, claimed he will honour his long-term commitment to Liverpool.

"It's nice because when you extend your contract, you extend it because you want to stay here for the future," said the 26-year-old. "I signed not only for two-and-a-half more years, but I signed for a long time to stay here and I am so happy. When you are happy, you try everything for the best for the future. I spoke a lot with my family because my family are very important to me and they are happy here. We spoke over the last few weeks with the club and everything is OK. I don't have a problem; the club don't have a problem, so it's very good."

Suárez has scored a remarkable 17 goals in 11 games since returning from suspension on 25 September. He added: "I believe I can achieve the ambitions of winning trophies and playing at the very highest level with Liverpool. My aim is to help get us there as quickly as possible."

Liverpool's owner, Fenway Sports Group, has previously been reluctant to extend contracts mid-term but moved impressively to secure the club's prized asset. Principal owner John W Henry said:"We are committed to working hard to keep our best players and this is an indication that we are moving in the right direction and moving at a pace that impresses one of the best players in world football. "

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/20/luis-suarez-signs-long-term-liverpool-deal

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: December 21, 2013, 07:31:20 AM »
Suarez's second goal...   :notworthy:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: December 21, 2013, 07:32:39 AM »
Makay might be defiant. But Oddjob still going to fire him after this game.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: December 21, 2013, 11:22:35 AM »

Nah.

Yeah

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: December 21, 2013, 11:25:33 AM »

Tan is jes anodda imps wid money

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: December 23, 2013, 09:51:18 AM »

Tan is jes anodda imps wid money

True.  Clueless about de game.  Come in make the people change they team colors, in order to attract more Asian fans.  That is bullocks.  Yuh do do them kinda thing.  That is total disrespect to the heritage of the club.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: December 23, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »

Still ent get chance to see the game yet... have it on the DVR fuh later.  Was in your neck ah de woods over de weekend.

True.  Clueless about de game.  Come in make the people change they team colors, in order to attract more Asian fans.  That is bullocks.  Yuh do do them kinda thing.  That is total disrespect to the heritage of the club.

Ridiculous what that fool doing to Cardiff... yuh spot on with the disrespect he's showing to the club's heritage and tradition.  He's shown utter contempt for the club, for its fans and obviously for Mackay himself.  I disagreed with Rodgers making such a public pronouncement about the goings on at another club, and a team owner at that... but in hindsight I'd have to say he was spot on.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: December 23, 2013, 05:15:06 PM »

Still ent get chance to see the game yet... have it on the DVR fuh later.  Was in your neck ah de woods over de weekend.

Ridiculous what that fool doing to Cardiff... yuh spot on with the disrespect he's showing to the club's heritage and tradition.  He's shown utter contempt for the club, for its fans and obviously for Mackay himself.  I disagreed with Rodgers making such a public pronouncement about the goings on at another club, and a team owner at that... but in hindsight I'd have to say he was spot on.

I think it's because Rodgers is a good friend of Mackay; plus, there is the Welsh connection...only two big clubs in Wales right now, and he was at the helm of the other one.  He did it in a tactful way though, as he highlighted the contrast of ownership style at Liverpool.  I'd have to say that Henry does give the experts space, while still making executive decisions (like keeping Suarez).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: December 23, 2013, 05:48:09 PM »
He did it in a tactful way though, as he highlighted the contrast of ownership style at Liverpool.

Agreed... it wasn't nearly as sensationalist as the headlines suggest, while still landing home at the same time.

1]; } ?>