May 12, 2024, 07:35:34 PM

Author Topic: Spann close to injury recovery.  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Spann close to injury recovery.
« on: April 02, 2006, 06:44:16 AM »
Spann close to injury recovery.
By Shaun Fuentes.

Silvio Spann’s hopes of playing football matches over the next few weeks leading up to the 2006 World Cup is not all lost.
Spann, now unattached to any club had his chances of signing with Sheffield Wednesday snapped last month after he picked up a knee injury and had been told by the club’s management that they will now look at the option of signing him for next season. Spann on the market after leaving Japanese club Yokohama FC.
But now having gone through rehab and set to be fully fit in a week’s time, the former Perugia player is looking forward to joining an English club where he will be allowed to play in Reserve League matches.
“As far as playing first team matches, it’s not going to happen because the club didn’t want to take the chance of signing me with the injury. But they have held talks with my agent and they remain interested. I have taken good care of the injury over the last couple weeks and I expect to be ready in a week time. I’m hoping that the arrangement for me to join anther English club will come through and I should be playing Reserve team matches and also training with this club up until the World Cup,” Spann told TTFF Media.
Meantime, while defender Brent Sancho is now back in the Gillingham first team, he is looking to cement his team both on the club eleven and the T&T squad for the friendly against Peru on May 10 and subsequently the World Cup.
And while the regular overseas are eagerly awaiting their World Cup call, a former T&T youth player has returned home in hope of signing with a Pro team. Kwame Wiltshite is back in town after failing to secure an overseas contract due to what he claimed as a lack of work permit approval.
Wiltshire was invited by both Dynamo Kiev and Spartak Moscow, adding that he was at both clubs but all chances of signing with them were dampened by a turn down for his work permit application.
“I’m back home and I’m hoping to sign with a club here, maybe Joe Public because I grew up playing with them,” Wiltshire said. “I’m still hopeful too that I can get a chance to train with the national senior team,” he added. Wiltshire was also a trainee with MLS club New York/New Jersey MetroStars.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 07:38:36 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Spann close to injury recovery
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 07:29:23 AM »
come on spann its hard being over dey an aint playing get back on ur feet

wiltshire?????

dynamo kiev spartak moscow???? looks like quality teams where dis fellar was??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Spann close to injury recovery.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 08:17:05 AM »
Now shotta, u have to be carefull here, cause many of our players make claims that i like to refer to as enthusiatic exaggerations.

Even the reference of Silvio Spann as a Perigua player does make me laugh cause he never played for them.  He was loaned to a serie C team.  Details of his contract was something to the effect of him getting an automatic 3year contract if he broke into the first team (nb: first team, not starting X1).

Remember Anthony Rougier (west ham)
Kevin Nelson (melborne)
Avery John (Birmingham City)

and their are many others who i cannot remember.  I am not saying that these perople are lying, but rather extending the walls of actuality.

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 05:34:52 PM »
lol

it seems alot of them like perambulating on the borders of veracity
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 05:53:12 PM »
Good tuh hear dat Spann comin off de injured list, cuz he's ah man we need tuh be fit and ready fuh de war come June...as for Whiltshire..sorry tuh hear dat tings didn't work out fuh him abroad..he is ah man who coulda handle heself since bac in de SSFL and it seems like he currently playin at ah high level judgin from de surfacin news..Anyhow ah wish him all de best in tryin tuh get on de senoir team...buh ah feel he could give ah good account of heself in de pro league doe.
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

1]; } ?>