May 09, 2024, 11:40:30 PM

Author Topic: Keane fights to keep hitman Jones.  (Read 8977 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Keane fights to keep hitman Jones.
« on: May 04, 2008, 07:49:21 AM »
Wigan Today.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is facing a fresh battle to keep Kenwyne Jones from the clutches of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United. The powerhouse striker has been a revelation in Sunderland's first season in the Premier League under Roy Keane since his £6m move from Southampton in the summer.

Sunderland have already had to knock back an initial approach from Liverpool, with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are also interested in the striker. Now Keane will have to persuade Jones - who could double his wages with a move to one of the big four - to stay at the Stadium of Light.

Meanwhile, Roy Keane is preparing a massive summer clearout at Sunderland, with a dozen players sweating on their futures. Sunderland could offload as many as 15 players. 'We've lost 22 games this season and people keep telling me we've had a good season - but I'm lucky to still be in a job,' said Keane.

'You learn a hell of a lot about your players all the time and this match just confirmed what I'm thinking anyway.
'People say to me that we achieved our goal last week, but do we keep living in last week? 'Every game is an opportunity to impress me, but there will be changes in the summer because I'm saying the same thing week in, week out.

'I'm fed up of saying it and really bored with myself now at this stage - really, really bored.' Keane will throw out the players he feels are not up to the job after a superb strike from El-Hadji Diouf and an own-goal from Daryl Murphy handed Bolton victory.

Keane continued: 'Gordon Strachan and one or two other managers have said that if you tell a player something more than two or three times and he doesn't do it, then get shot of him. 'I've been very patient and very kind to some of my players.

'But we need to invest and we need invest wisely and we need to move certain people on. 'That will be done this week - if not this week then the following week. 'It's irrelevant to me whether players are under contract or not.

'If they are you just pay them up to go because you want certain characters. 'You pay them to come and you pay them to go and that's what we'll have to do. I'll have a very busy week, trust me.'
Keane warns rival clubs to keep their hands off his Sunderland 'untouchables'.
By: Louise Taylor (UK Guardian).
[/size]

Roy Keane has said that Kenwyne Jones will not be sold at any price. Roy Keane has warned any predatory clubs that Kenwyne Jones and Craig Gordon are not for sale. The Sunderland manager yesterday described his centre-forward and goalkeeper as "untouchables".

"No sometimes really means yes in the transfer market but in the cases of Kenwyne and Craig no means no without a doubt," said Keane, who has released the out-of-contract Andy Cole, Ian Harte and Stanislav Varga. "Kenwyne and our goalkeeper are definitely not going anywhere. There are certain players who are untouchable.

"Sometimes a club might think they might get £20m or £30m and invest it and it's a good deal for everyone but it certainly wouldn't be a good deal for us to let Kenwyne or our goalkeeper go. It would set us back a hell of a lot. They are no-gos - even if we were offered crazy money."

Happily for Keane, Jones, a £6m buy from Southampton last summer who has caught the eye of Liverpool's Rafael Benítez and Chelsea's Avram Grant, yesterday pledged his loyalty to Sunderland. "Hopefully I'll be here for a long time," said the 23-year-old. "You don't want to be a gypsy type player where you're moving from one place to another and not settling. It's flattering that clubs are interested in me but at the moment I'm focused on my job that I have to do here."

While Jones has been likened to Chelsea's Didier Drogba, Gordon - a £9m buy from Hearts last summer - is not quite so feted and was dropped for a period by Keane during the middle of the season.

Yet while Gordon has his critics, Sunderland's manager believes his goalkeeper is potentially the planet's best. "I think Craig is a brilliant goalkeeper," enthused Keane. "He is a young man and this year he's done OK for us but I've no doubt that, in the next few years, he'll become one of the best in the world, if not the best. What he's lacking at the moment is experience. And particularly in our team this season he has been tested. He really has.

"The biggest pluses this year have been him and Kenwyne. All our players have so much to learn but the good thing with those two is that I look at them and they want to learn. I'm not sure with some of the others that they want to learn too much."

While Keane is planning a sizeable squad clear-out this summer, he hopes to persuade Dwight Yorke to remain on Wearside for another season, possibly in a player-coaching role. However, the veteran former Manchester United forward is understood to be attracted by rival offers from Australia.

"I'm doing a lot of chatting at the moment and I had a chat with Yorkie and will have another one next week," he explained. "He's got one or two choices and he's weighing up his options."

Bolton's Danny Guthrie, left, vies for the ball with Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones, right, during their English Premier League soccer match in Bolton, England, Saturday, May 3, 2008. ...(AP Photo/Paul Thomas).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 05:09:59 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Keane fights to keep hitman Jones.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »
Keene sounding real ruthless here..........I glad none of our boys in that mix.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:06:41 PM »
Glory Glory  :devil: come join a big team  :devil:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:08:26 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 12:07:27 PM »

ah love it!!

And u know dis how?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 12:08:34 PM »

ah love it!!
well in a way I agree with him
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 12:56:44 PM »

ah love it!!

And u know dis how?

Like yuh want tuh show meh up here boy, so i guess i will have to prove myself and make yuh look bad in the process.

Our boys are Carlos Edwards, Dwight Yorke and Kenwyne Jones

1. Kenwyne is like one of his marque players so obviously he couldnt be talking about him

2. He was just speaking in another interview about Yorke's contribution this season and how he wants to offer Dwight another contract, so Yorke is also out.

3.  His comments were directed after the game against Bolton  and i quote where he is saying that he is fed up of saying the same tings the the same people week in week out. "You learn a hell of a lot about your players all the time and this match just confirmed what I'm thinking anyway.  Every game is an opportunity to impress me, but there will be changes in the summer because I'm saying the same thing week in, week out."  If you look carefully, Carlos was not in the squad today and he is still recovering form injury so obviously he couldnt be talking about him.

These are three reasonable assumptions that would lead me to suggest that our boys are safe for Sunderland next year.  I cannot understand how anyone cant assume that.

Palos, i sure u ent read de article, but yuh want tuh jam me and make me look like it i talking up my ass...lol..........allyuh fellas ent easy atall.

ah love it!!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 01:00:13 PM »
I've watched him closely this season and his attitude has changed quite a bit since xmas.  He doesn't believe in such a thing as a match doesn't matter, some of the players haven't taken the hint.  I mentioned on the match thread thats part of the reason I thought Carlos and Dwight weren't involved he wanted to see how some players performed. 

He will change as many as he can, by his reaction I think he feels let down and has given the players a bit too much rope.  I really struggle to understand footballers sometimes. 

Kenwyn is going to be linked with a move on a daily basis, this isn't the first time this week.  I'll start a thread after the last game on transfer rumours, but the papers just make them up.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 04:08:13 PM »
I thought the same andre, but by the same token I think he could argue that carlos blasted injured all the time, and time to let him go.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 04:51:13 PM »
I thought the same andre, but by the same token I think he could argue that carlos blasted injured all the time, and time to let him go.

:shameonyou:
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 05:23:12 PM »

ah love it!!

And u know dis how?

Like yuh want tuh show meh up here boy, so i guess i will have to prove myself and make yuh look bad in the process.

1. Kenwyne is like one of his marque players so obviously he couldnt be talking about him

2. He was just speaking in another interview about Yorke's contribution this season and how he wants to offer Dwight another contract, so Yorke is also out.

3.  His comments were directed after the game against Bolton  and i quote where he is saying that he is fed up of saying the same tings the the same people week in week out. "You learn a hell of a lot about your players all the time and this match just confirmed what I'm thinking anyway.  Every game is an opportunity to impress me, but there will be changes in the summer because I'm saying the same thing week in, week out."  If you look carefully, Carlos was not in the squad today and he is still recovering form injury so obviously he couldnt be talking about him.

These are three reasonable assumptions that would lead me to suggest that our boys are safe for Sunderland next year.  I cannot understand how anyone cant assume that.

Palos, i sure u ent read de article, but yuh want tuh jam me and make me look like it i talking up my ass...lol..........allyuh fellas ent easy atall.

ah love it!!

Actually breddrin, I wasn't tryin to make u look no how but somehow u decide to assume I had dem kinda intentions. 

Ah well.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 07:12:24 PM »

Bounty Killer, in the interview when he was talking about the players who he needed to speak to week after week, how could he be refering to Carlos and his injuries too.......... lol.

Hard luck for de misinterpretation palos, yuh know yuh is meh boy and ah lil sensitive these days.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 08:34:17 AM »

Bounty Killer, in the interview when he was talking about the players who he needed to speak to week after week, how could he be refering to Carlos and his injuries too.......... lol.

Hard luck for de misinterpretation palos, yuh know yuh is meh boy and ah lil sensitive these days.

try midol  :devil:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »
Wigan Today.

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is facing a fresh battle to keep Kenwyne Jones from the clutches of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United. The powerhouse striker has been a revelation in Sunderland's first season in the Premier League under Roy Keane since his £6m move from Southampton in the summer.

Sunderland have already had to knock back an initial approach from Liverpool, with Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are also interested in the striker. Now Keane will have to persuade Jones - who could double his wages with a move to one of the big four - to stay at the Stadium of Light.

Meanwhile, Roy Keane is preparing a massive summer clearout at Sunderland, with a dozen players sweating on their futures. Sunderland could offload as many as 15 players. 'We've lost 22 games this season and people keep telling me we've had a good season - but I'm lucky to still be in a job,' said Keane.

'You learn a hell of a lot about your players all the time and this match just confirmed what I'm thinking anyway.
'People say to me that we achieved our goal last week, but do we keep living in last week? 'Every game is an opportunity to impress me, but there will be changes in the summer because I'm saying the same thing week in, week out.

'I'm fed up of saying it and really bored with myself now at this stage - really, really bored.' Keane will throw out the players he feels are not up to the job after a superb strike from El-Hadji Diouf and an own-goal from Daryl Murphy handed Bolton victory.

Keane continued: 'Gordon Strachan and one or two other managers have said that if you tell a player something more than two or three times and he doesn't do it, then get shot of him. 'I've been very patient and very kind to some of my players.

'But we need to invest and we need invest wisely and we need to move certain people on. 'That will be done this week - if not this week then the following week. 'It's irrelevant to me whether players are under contract or not.

'If they are you just pay them up to go because you want certain characters. 'You pay them to come and you pay them to go and that's what we'll have to do. I'll have a very busy week, trust me.'

Bolton's Danny Guthrie, left, vies for the ball with Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones, right, during their English Premier League soccer match in Bolton, England, Saturday, May 3, 2008. ...(AP Photo/Paul Thomas).

Lawd, lawd, look at de big name teams we boi KJ being linked wid nah. Damn  ???. Wid all due respect to RK, Sunderland and the fans, but I will ove to see KJ getting world class service from de midfield or up front from any of those teams. Imagine him getting ball up front from Ronaldo, Gerrad, Lampard, Drogba (if he is still there) and damn do talk about dat sweet passing team called Arsenal. We might have our own opinion on dis topic, but let's face de truth, dis will bring out de best in dis young Trinbagonian and have us a world class player  for the future. All de best for this summer KJ, you and your agent, please make de right choice meh breddah. HIGHLY BLESSED
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 03:11:43 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »
Run Kenwyne RUN! You eh going no-where with that shyte side. Say thanks for the opportunity and move to a top 5 team. Doh wait!

"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 02:44:54 PM »
If any of those big clubs offer more money, go Kenwyne go.   No body own him so get all the money you can get so you dont have to worry about money when your playing days are over.  Same thing jason scotland

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »
Run Kenwyne RUN! You eh going no-where with that shyte side. Say thanks for the opportunity and move to a top 5 team. Doh wait!

:rotfl: Damn, yuh not easy at all, yuh doh respect de Sunderland fans on de forum. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 03:17:57 PM »

:rotfl: Damn, yuh not easy at all, yuh doh respect de Sunderland fans on de forum. HIGHLY BLESSED.

;D Youth is once. So he must make the most of the opportunities that come calling.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 03:18:13 PM »

Its because the side is so shyte he looks so good.

If Sunderland could double their money on him I would be happy enough to wave him goodbye.

Be careful what you wish for look at Crouch, not a player I paricularly rate but certainly a better goalscorer tha Kenwyn, how many games has he played this season? 

One of your own and I know bias always creeps in, but I'm afraid no where near good enough for a top 4 side, but your right the money would be good.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »
Kev, You're a gentleman. Respect.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 03:26:37 PM »
allyuh men is mercenaries boy... lol

allyuh on this money talk... but if de same kenwyne start shying away from injuries while on international duty for T&T (to make sure he money safe nuh), is level cuss allyuh go be passing.

worse yet let the man say he want to lock of T&T altogether for the sake of club career (money).

ah go hear allyuh

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 03:55:04 PM »

If Sunderland could double their money on him I would be happy enough to wave him goodbye.

Be careful what you wish for look at Crouch, not a player I paricularly rate but certainly a better goalscorer tha Kenwyn, how many games has he played this season? 

One of your own and I know bias always creeps in, but I'm afraid no where near good enough for a top 4 side, but your right the money would be good.

It's not so much about being on the shyte side that made or makes him look good. It's the fact that he holds his own against good opposition. The few games I've watched saw him go up against some good defenses and had commentators (not just Sund commentators) say good things about him. people who see games on a much more regular basis than me. Well when you have torres, kuyt and recently Babel, how much room do you honestly have for Crouch?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 03:57:52 PM »

allyuh on this money talk... but if de same kenwyne start shying away from injuries while on international duty for T&T (to make sure he money safe nuh), is level cuss allyuh go be passing.

worse yet let the man say he want to lock of T&T altogether for the sake of club career (money).

ah go hear allyuh

you telling me if someone want to pay you twice more for a physical job you wont jump for it.  Kenwyne only have 10-15 more years in he playing days compare to the 60+ years in the rest of his life.  Youth is not forever

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »

ah go hear allyuh

you telling me if someone want to pay you twice more for a physical job you wont jump for it.  Kenwyne only have 10-15 more years in he playing days compare to the 60+ years in the rest of his life.  Youth is not forever

That is a way too simplistic assessment..

for example..

Lets say liverpool offer him a 3 yr contract to double his money for 80k a week. Park him on the bench behind torres/kuyt/crouch while his career wanes away then in 2 years he get sold to Derby and then his career just peter out and he end up in mid table obscurity. That is only 3-4 years of maximum earning potential exercised plus his career going to the dogs.

On the other hand, if he feels there is a good system and network and Sunderland to develop his game and work on his deficiencies then that is an option too if they 1.5 up his paper to a 60k a week. Then he could stay another year and enhance his reputation even more. You never know, after another good season, a Spurs or Newcastle could come calling where he would double his money but be the marquee striker and then his career takes off and he's set for an excellent career reaching into his 30s.

At the end of the day, its not just about the money; its about the right situation given all the circumstances considered.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 04:12:04 PM by omarldinho »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 05:54:42 PM »
stewps... when roy keane moved to Man U over Newcastle he rel dog them, he cyah say shit on what Kenwyne wanna do...

with that said....

ARSENALLLLLL
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 06:12:40 PM »

ah go hear allyuh

I
That is a way too simplistic assessment..

for example..

Lets say liverpool offer him a 3 yr contract to double his money for 80k a week. Park him on the bench behind torres/kuyt/crouch while his career wanes away then in 2 years he get sold to Derby and then his career just peter out and he end up in mid table obscurity. That is only 3-4 years of maximum earning potential exercised plus his career going to the dogs.

On the other hand, if he feels there is a good system and network and Sunderland to develop his game and work on his deficiencies then that is an option too if they 1.5 up his paper to a 60k a week. Then he could stay another year and enhance his reputation even more. You never know, after another good season, a Spurs or Newcastle could come calling where he would double his money but be the marquee striker and then his career takes off and he's set for an excellent career reaching into his 30s.

At the end of the day, its not just about the money; its about the right situation given all the circumstances considered.

Its 4 clubs going after him ofcourse he will pick the best situation that he will get playing time

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 06:15:07 PM »
Manchester utd soon to be CL and EPL champions  ;D
Youtube Channel

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 03:54:33 AM »

It's not so much about being on the shyte side that made or makes him look good. It's the fact that he holds his own against good opposition. The few games I've watched saw him go up against some good defenses and had commentators (not just Sund commentators) say good things about him. people who see games on a much more regular basis than me. Well when you have torres, kuyt and recently Babel, how much room do you honestly have for Crouch?

Let me explain a couple of things to you.

The hype in the English game has reached silly proportions.  3 / 4 good games and players are world beaters.  Not the players fault but that what happens.  If you are in a top 4 club you get a lot of hype, if you are in other clubs and stand out have good games you get hyped. 

There are a couple of unholy alliances going within the game at the minute.
1. Press and the Big 4 clubs
2. Press and the agents. 

The Presses sole aim is to sell newspapers, football sells newspapers, the Big 4 news sells most.  As such the press have very strong ties with the big 4 that they do not want to lose.  The big 4 like the coverage.  So it is best to keep the relationship good.  The press get their stories and some exclusives the big 4 use the press to unsettle players that are at lower clubs that they want to sign, by getting the press to run "whoever is a whoever target story"  This is becoming more common, its just a way of life. 

The press and agents, the press get to know all the movements and details of deals especially of English based players from the agents.  Again there are some very cosy arrangements between agents and the press.  you will see stories appear in certain papers about various players and the common theme tends to be the agent who looks after those particular players.  Agents get paid when the player moves or signs a new contract.  The press again like exclusives so are happy to build relationships with agents.  In exchange for this the press will happily run a player being linked with whichever club story.  It fills the paper.  For the agents part it is not uncommon that players due to sign contracts or wanting new contracts are suddenly linked to other clubs.  This does 3 things, it unsettles the player, it alerts other clubs and it usually results in an improved contract so the agent gets a higher commission.  It is exactly the same when a player is playing well the clubs are either put in a position to sell or improve the contract.  Agents also use the press to leak potential deals so other clubs are alerted and the possibility of a bidding war ensues, the only winners in this instance are the agents and the players. 

I have no qualms around the best players getting paid a lot of money, but the above has resulted in a lot of mediorce players being paid far too much.

The argument about its a short time that players are playing and the money is paramount has largely disapeared.  As mediorce players in the premiership at a mid club are on enough to make sure they probably don't have to worry how they are going to manage after their careers is over.

Now Kenwyn, I am not someone who calls players shite or great after a couple of performances, I tend to make my mind up over a period of time and I have watched football long enough to know that players change lose interest and lose form, what is true this season maybe not true next season.  The good ones are the ones that it is true every season until their legs cant keep up with their minds. 

Without Kenwyn we would of been dead and buried this year without doubt.  He is a natural athlete playing in a poor side. ( not a shite side, as I have supported Sunderland a very long time and trust me this is not a shite side compared to some I have watched.)  The side plays to his strengths hoofing the ball out, he is a good header of the ball, he is strong and can give any defender the run around on his day.  Indeed he can be simply unplayable.  So  Kenwyn has been a stand out player and has indeed attracted the attention of the press along with the hype. 

Kenwyn however is far from the finished article, will he ever be the finished article is really down to Kenwyn.  He is great with his back to goal and as a target, his running off the ball is poor.  That maybe of course that the players can't seem to hit him when he is standing still yet alone moving.  But he doesn't vreate space for himself and is usually jumping at the ball or running after it. It doesn't happen often, but he does not get himself into dangerous positions in the box when the ball is wide in open play, far too often he is behind the players or outside the box, again his movement / anticipation  needs a great deal of improvement.  His first touch in inconsistant.   He is not a natural finisher, just look at the last few games, on Saturaday he had 2 chances in the 6 yard box, at least 1 should of been a goal. He also missed easy chances against Boro, Newcastle and Chelsea, he needs to improve his finsihing and composure in front of goal.

As previously mentioned Kenwyn can be unplayable, now it is unreasonable to expect him to put that performance in week in week out, but those performances are there.  Is it unreasonable as a fan to expect him to play like that more than 1 in 6/7/8 games? A good player will put that level of performance in probably 2 out of 3 games at least over the season.  Since before the Liverpool game Kenwyn has probably put in that performance 2/3 times. 

Now to be fair to Kenwyn we haven't had the palyers to answer a lot of the questions above, but we should of still seen glimpses of them and we haven't.  Thats why I believe Kenwyn has enormous potential but the jury is still out.  I am a fan of Sunderland take the good with the bad, usually the bad.  The players are a small part of that players come and go, I have seen many with potential, far too many poor players and far too few good players.  For me the club come first, I doubt the club will be playing to Kenwyns strengths so much next season, if we are we are in for another struggle.  So the question really is will Kenwyn be able to look so stand out with a different style of play, if he doesn't will he be worth as much next season as he will be in the summer, I don't really know.  If the club get a really good offer for him would I be that sad to see him go, no because I believe it would be better for the club.  Make no mistake if he goes it will be at the right price for the club, if it isn't and and he sulks he is very likely to find himself in the stiffs (reserves), Mr Keane is not one for taking prisoners.  I now think to get the very best out of Kenwyn on most weeks the club needs competition for him, but there are far too many other positions that are more important in the summer.  If he does go it will be with a big thankyou from me as he has made another premiership season possible and the opportunity to build the club back up.

As for the pundits and commentators you can choose to hear only the good, but you can alos hear the indifferent if you want to listen.  It is also said of him that some weeks he is a world beater and other weeks a pub team player.

As I said on my previous post he is one of your own so bias does come into it, but the above is a fair appraisal of Kenwyn at the minute, you might not like it, but I see him week in week out.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 04:48:26 AM »

ah love it!!

And u know dis how?

3. His comments were directed after the game against Bolton and i quote where he is saying that he is fed up of saying the same tings the the same people week in week out. "You learn a hell of a lot about your players all the time and this match just confirmed what I'm thinking anyway. Every game is an opportunity to impress me, but there will be changes in the summer because I'm saying the same thing week in, week out." If you look carefully, Carlos was not in the squad today and he is still recovering form injury so obviously he couldnt be talking about him.

These are three reasonable assumptions that would lead me to suggest that our boys are safe for Sunderland next year. I cannot understand how anyone cant assume that.

ah love it!!

Carlos has been nursing an injury for a very longtime, which is begining to look as though it can threaten his career?  One could conclude that he is talking about Carlos also?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 04:59:23 AM »
Diambarsno

Carlos isn't involved in this at all.  Carlos will face competition for his place next season, which will impact him.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 06:15:58 AM »
Kev (I didn't bother with the essay) but no bias here. If teams willing to pay $$ for him and he gets a chance to play for a team that actually contends.. then I say go for it.

1]; } ?>