May 15, 2024, 05:00:30 AM

Author Topic: Jones to Stoke??  (Read 17884 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Jones to Stoke??
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2010, 08:09:51 AM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2010, 08:18:45 AM »
This proposed move can have its pros and cons for KJ. This move has the possibility to turn out good for KJ cuz stoke like to play off of set pieces , their long throw and corners and free kicks cud allow kj to be a real threat this season. However stoke is a working team and kj's lazyman attitude could find himself on the bench right next to beattie and sidibe as fuller and tuncay will start.

Stoke would have to be real idiots to pay a record transfer fee for Jones to have him coming off the bench...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2010, 08:40:12 AM »
This proposed move can have its pros and cons for KJ. This move has the possibility to turn out good for KJ cuz stoke like to play off of set pieces , their long throw and corners and free kicks cud allow kj to be a real threat this season. However stoke is a working team and kj's lazyman attitude could find himself on the bench right next to beattie and sidibe as fuller and tuncay will start.

Stoke would have to be real idiots to pay a record transfer fee for Jones to have him coming off the bench...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't his transfer fee to Sunderland also a record at the time?? Anyways, I'm sure the intention is not to put him on the bench but the fact remains that if you buy a player who isn't producing, no matter how much you spent you're eventually going to have to bench him.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2010, 08:41:06 AM »
This is a good move for Kenwyne. For whatever reason the writing on the wall at Sunderland and he on his way to being a bench player. Bruce happy with Campbell and want to get Welbeck in. The difference in brand at Sunderland and Stoke is not that great.

All the talk about club brand improving Kenwyne overall game or his game for TnT don't make sense. He is not going to be more likely to improve at Liverpool or Spurs than at Sunderland or Stoke. It all comes down to his motivation and his honest assessment of what he needs to work on and how much work he thinks he needs to put in.

Wish hime the best though, this move could spark his apetite to prove people wrong.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2010, 08:48:28 AM »
This is a good move for Kenwyne. For whatever reason the writing on the wall at Sunderland and he on his way to being a bench player. Bruce happy with Campbell and want to get Welbeck in. The difference in brand at Sunderland and Stoke is not that great.

All the talk about club brand improving Kenwyne overall game or his game for TnT don't make sense. He is not going to be more likely to improve at Liverpool or Spurs than at Sunderland or Stoke. It all comes down to his motivation and his honest assessment of what he needs to work on and how much work he thinks he needs to put in.

Wish hime the best though, this move could spark his apetite to prove people wrong.

As you i wish him the best. I hope his attitude on the field improves and his technical abilities grows as part of his expected growth. If not, then this move can set him back in his career. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2010, 09:02:30 AM »
All the best KJ. Sometimes a fresh start could work out for the best.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »

Agreed. Stoke have better passers, more options in attack (even Delap and his throw-ins).

Also, KJ was battling the knee injury all of last yr. I think a fit and motivated KJ will ight up Stoke. He usually does well the first few months at a club.
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »
KJ move from a shit side to a shittier side

Say wha.  Maybe daz he level.

At least he earnin de kinda money dat SHOULD set up his family for generations to come.

If HE want to make de step up and play fuh bigger clubs, HE have to perform CONSISTENTLY.

It dat simple.

Hope yuh stay injury free KJ and if yuh have/had desires of TRULY fullfilling your potential and winning titles etc, perhaps dis is jes de wakeup call you need.  It coulda be plenty worse.  Yuh coulda get transfer to Ipswich.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2010, 09:50:32 AM »
Paint it what ever color allyuh want, but Kenwyne is overated simply because he is NOT consistent, and Stoke is a bull shit side.

Palos sums it up right.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
Kenwyne Jones on brink of £9m move to Stoke as Nedum Onuoha heads to Sunderland from Manchester Cit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1302070/Kenwyne-Jones-brink-7m-Sunderland-Stoke.html#ixzz0wJfC9CtS

Steupsss Steve Bruce has always been an abomination wherever he goes...Always goes to a club messes it up and gets an opportunity to go to a next club to mess up...This old boys network working wonders again> So this joker wants to get rid of kenwyne and replace him with Danny Welbeck...Seems like Kenwyne';s biggest problem is that his passport blue..."Jobs for the english first I would imagine"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2010, 10:48:16 AM »
Good move for KJ in my opinion....a team that can play to his strengths

I like Stoke..I dont really like Jones...but I wish him well and hope he can do well

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2010, 11:04:15 AM »
Stoke it is........people quick to call Stoke a shit side, but why? on what basis?

They don't play like Arsenal or Barca? so what? Neither does Inter Milan. 

They have never been in relegation trouble and actually might play to the strengths of Kenwyne. 

The writing has been on the wall for sometime now so lets support him as he embarks on this new challenge. 

nb: Spidey, he signed a contract extension last year January.

Go Stoke!!

lol

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2010, 11:06:01 AM »
Bruce: Why I'm selling Kenwyne Jones

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has revealed why he is allowing Kenwyne Jones to leave the Stadium of Light.
The striker is having a medical at Stoke City with a view to a £9million move.

And Bruce told sunderlandecho.com: "I wish him well. The deal is not over the line, but if it does then I think it would be in the interests of all parties.

"There has always been a frustration with me and I think with supporters who have watched Kenwyne that you see an abundance of talent but it has not come out often enough for us for whatever reason.

"In management you get paid to make some important decisions sometimes. Stoke have been badgering me for a year. Everyone knows they love a big, traditional centre-forward and he might go and suit them.

"Towards the end with Kenwyne, things were not working out so I have accepted Stoke's offer and given him permission to speak to them."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2010, 11:19:51 AM »
Bruce: Why I'm selling Kenwyne Jones

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has revealed why he is allowing Kenwyne Jones to leave the Stadium of Light.
The striker is having a medical at Stoke City with a view to a £9million move.

And Bruce told sunderlandecho.com: "I wish him well. The deal is not over the line, but if it does then I think it would be in the interests of all parties.

"There has always been a frustration with me and I think with supporters who have watched Kenwyne that you see an abundance of talent but it has not come out often enough for us for whatever reason.

"In management you get paid to make some important decisions sometimes. Stoke have been badgering me for a year. Everyone knows they love a big, traditional centre-forward and he might go and suit them.

"Towards the end with Kenwyne, things were not working out so I have accepted Stoke's offer and given him permission to speak to them."

ahhhmmm..  Bruce yuh shitong, that would be a direct reflection on your managerial ability.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2010, 11:28:08 AM »
ahhhmmm..  Bruce yuh shitong, that would be a direct reflection on your managerial ability.

...and on Keane's

... and Wim's

... and Pacho's

... and Latapy's

... in fact, when has KJ ever produced consistently?  I am no Steve Bruce fan, but at some point one has to take stock and see which has been the one common denominator in Kenwyne's career.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2010, 11:33:44 AM »
In memory of d Sunderland Forever thread :'(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4WRoWPhLU2Q&amp;amp" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4WRoWPhLU2Q&amp;amp</a>
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2010, 11:37:05 AM »
stueps me aint watchin no stoke game nah. So who making d Stoke forever thread
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2010, 12:01:48 PM »
so if SAFC dont get relegated this year bye bye next year fuh sure cause bruce messing up d side

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
Jones joins Potters
Stoke swoop for striker

skysports

Stoke have snapped up Kenwyne Jones for a record-breaking £8million from top flight rivals Sunderland.

As exclusively revealed by skysports.com last week Stoke were lining up a move for Jones to bolster their attacking options.

The Potters have smashed their transfer record in order to snap up a striker of proven Premier League pedigree.

Jones fits that bill and the Trinidad & Tobago international has penned a four-year contract at the Britannia Stadium.

The move sees Jones return to Stoke for the second time in his career, with Tony Pulis having brought him in on loan back in 2005.

The pair have now been reunited and the Potters boss is delighted to have secured the signature of one of his top targets.

"Kenwyne is unplayable on his day, which is why this is a fantastic signing for this football club," Pulis told the club's official website.

"We need goals in our team and we also need strong competition among our strikers if we are to continue improving at this level.

"Kenwyne will give us that. It's no secret that I am one of his biggest admirers, he did a smashing job for us when he was here on loan. He was very young back then, but I believe that he has the best years ahead of him."

Jones, who started his League career with Southampton before joining Sunderland in 2007, admits the opportunity to return to familiar surroundings had a major bearing on his decision to join Stoke.

"The fact that I know the manager, some of the players and the place so well has obviously been an influence upon me coming here," said the 25-year-old frontman.

"This is an exciting new chapter in my career and I want to do my best for a club that has clearly had great success since I was last here.

"I am looking forward to the challenge of helping Stoke build upon the progress it has made over the past two years in the Premier League."

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2010, 12:14:42 PM »
Great news in my opinion he with a manager that will try to get the best out of him and stop all the bashing. Bruce will of kill off his career if he had stayed at Sunderland, hope he has a great season at stoke.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2010, 12:23:20 PM »
Southampton > Sunderland > Stoke - Shocking!  :o

Good luck KJ  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2010, 12:26:01 PM »
It takes a manager who is committed, has great vision, total understanding and acceptance to the various aspects of the game to work and get the KJesque type player to operate at their maximum consistently. Martin O'Neil, Everton Coach, Jose Mourinho to a certain extent comes to mind.

There is nothing wrong with KJ effort on the field. He is the type of player you have to build around or expect to get what you get. Not every player runs every where.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sandboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2010, 12:26:22 PM »
goodbye and good luck Kenny, probably exceeded our expectations and gave us some great moments

we need a new Trini connection  :mackdaddy:
every time I see you falling I get down on my knees and pray

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2010, 12:27:48 PM »
Southampton > Sunderland > Stoke - Shocking!  :o

Good luck KJ  :beermug:

Big Up!

I dunno why everybody down on Stoke... I actually prefer to watch them play than Sunderland.  Nothing else their defense is settled so a little bit of firepower will go a long way towards helping them shift the balance in some of those goalless and one-goal games they known for playing.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »
Personally, I think he would do well at Stoke, mainly because he have a coach that believes in him and now KJ has something to prove!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »
I find Bruce dotish.

1) Didn't a bigger offer come last season or in January (Spurs, Liverpool...stand corrected)

2) 3 Days before your first game

3) Where is the replacement striker? Honestly it ent easy to get a man to pot 8-10 goals for small money.

4) ....and this is the biggest 4kup he make....he sell one of his better players to a DIRECT RIVAL.

Is one thing to sell yuh player to a top 8 team....but when you sell to a team on your level...it will come back to bite you in the arse.

I wish Jones the best of luck and I hope his performances at Stoke can be consistent. I also want him to rest it on Bruce and Sunderland when next they meet.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2010, 12:40:36 PM »
Southampton > Sunderland > Stoke -

If is one ting...........Kenwyne really likes red and white stripes.......LOL.

nb: Liverpool wanted him on loan, Spurs offered 8 million plus Darren Bent (roy keane days)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2010, 12:42:58 PM »
I find Bruce dotish.

1) Didn't a bigger offer come last season or in January (Spurs, Liverpool...stand corrected)

2) 3 Days before your first game

3) Where is the replacement striker? Honestly it ent easy to get a man to pot 8-10 goals for small money.

4) ....and this is the biggest 4kup he make....he sell one of his better players to a DIRECT RIVAL.

Is one thing to sell yuh player to a top 8 team....but when you sell to a team on your level...it will come back to bite you in the arse.

I wish Jones the best of luck and I hope his performances at Stoke can be consistent. I also want him to rest it on Bruce and Sunderland when next they meet.

Danny Welbeck on loan

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
I find Bruce dotish.

yuh late...since Birmingham

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2010, 01:06:19 PM »
Southampton > Sunderland > Stoke -

If is one ting...........Kenwyne really likes red and white stripes.......LOL.

If he become a big striker we should change our national team strip to suit him...red and white stripes and black shorts.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>