May 29, 2024, 01:26:04 AM

Author Topic: WEST INDIES SCHEDULE FOR SUPER EIGHTS!!!!!!!!  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WEST INDIES SCHEDULE FOR SUPER EIGHTS!!!!!!!!
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:52:32 PM »

Ok Guys I did the Math and I found out the schedule for West Indies in the Super Eight they are as follows
: 1) West Indies vs Kenya/England
  2) West Indies vs South Africa
  3) West Indies vs New Zealand
  4) West Indies vs Australia
  5) West Indies vs Sri Lanka

There you go so that's the schedule guys for the super eights.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WEST INDIES SCHEDULE FOR SUPER EIGHTS!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 10:04:16 PM »
West Indies will be the D2 qualifier. Ireland will simply replace Pakistan as the D1 team. So that schedule is incorrect. Recalibrate and come back and let we know. Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Cricket_World_Cup for confirmation

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:59:03 PM »
If West Indies top the group they will be D1 and will play the australia who will be A1 from group A...

tell me if ah wrong cause i have a ticket for that game and dont want to know that is not the case

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 11:04:12 PM »
WHAT A FOOLISH SYSTEM!!!!

Isn't it common sense that the winner of group A = A1 and so forth??? Just reading up on wikipedia and its the first time i'm coming across this information about the super 8 format...

The fixtures (below) for the Super 8 league relate to A1 being the first seed in group A, A2 the second, B1 the first in group B etc, as the expected qualifiers from each group. It does not refer to the actual league placings from round one.[8]

If these two teams do qualify they will be seeded in position 1 or 2 as specified regardless of whether they finish first or second in their group. For example, if South Africa win Group A and Australia come second, for the purposes of the Super Eights, South Africa will still be A2 and Australia will be A1.

If these two teams do not qualify from their group they will be replaced in their indicative position by the team that qualifies instead of them. For example, if Scotland qualify instead of Australia, Scotland will become A1.[8]

ICC marketing strikes again... Why wasnt this properly communicated??

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! what flekkin game i go be seeing now??? Ireland and who???

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 12:13:26 AM »

Well that is the first time I hear that and that is total garbage waw. I could imagine how they mess up people that buy tickets expecting the winner of the group regardless of ICC standing to be eg A1 and no A2 and crap like that thanks there for the correction let me recalibrate.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 01:07:55 AM »

Ok guys I read up the stupid system and I recalibrated the schedule thanks to sinned86. Thanks for that valuable piece of information so the agenda now looks like this
: 1) W.I. vs Australia
  2) W.I. vs New Zealand
  3) W.I. vs Sri Lanka
  4) W.I. vs South Africa
  5) W.I. vs India/Bangladesh
  6) W.I. vs England/Kenya

So there you have it the revised edition of the super 8 round.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 05:10:04 AM »
You have dates and times ,hopefully it have lots of strong streams.

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 07:45:23 AM »
Wouldn't they have to play either Ireland/Zimbabwae again?

Didn't see them in the West Indies Super8

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 09:37:27 AM »

BlazinTrini nah we wont play Zim or Ireland because they coming out of our group. We playing the other group winners one and two, all the groups playing the winners of other groups not there own group.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »

Isn't it common sense that the winner of group A = A1 and so forth??? Just reading up on wikipedia and its the first time i'm coming across this information about the super 8 format...

The fixtures (below) for the Super 8 league relate to A1 being the first seed in group A, A2 the second, B1 the first in group B etc, as the expected qualifiers from each group. It does not refer to the actual league placings from round one.[8]

If these two teams do qualify they will be seeded in position 1 or 2 as specified regardless of whether they finish first or second in their group. For example, if South Africa win Group A and Australia come second, for the purposes of the Super Eights, South Africa will still be A2 and Australia will be A1.

If these two teams do not qualify from their group they will be replaced in their indicative position by the team that qualifies instead of them. For example, if Scotland qualify instead of Australia, Scotland will become A1.[8]

It is actually a very good system because travellers know well in advance where their teams will be playing once they make the next round so they dont have any guesswork. The bad thing about the system is of course they did not publicize it at all. I knew about this a long time ago so I'm sorry I didn't inform fellow ticket holders before because I bought my Antigua tickets for D2. Hard luck omar

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »

It is actually a very good system because travellers know well in advance where their teams will be playing once they make the next round so they dont have any guesswork. The bad thing about the system is of course they did not publicize it at all. I knew about this a long time ago so I'm sorry I didn't inform fellow ticket holders before because I bought my Antigua tickets for D2. Hard luck omar

Ditto i agree in theory its a good system, but the question i would like to ask sinned86 is where you found the information on this system when you were ordering youre Antigua tickets?. I have been on the ICC World Cup website and at first glance i can see no clear link to the rules and regulations? I havent ordered tickets but if this rule hasnt been made clear when ordering tickets i find that ridiculous bearing in mind that it is a new rule.

If someone has an official link to this rule can they please post it. I know the wikipedia link has been posted (and thanks for that- i know what the rules are now), but i dont believe the average man off the street can be expected to search wikepedia for rules regarding an ICC cricket world cup. Surely there should be a link on the official world cup website? I cant see it, has anyone else seen it?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 02:54:55 PM by Remie »

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 03:38:09 PM »

Ditto i agree in theory its a good system, but the question i would like to ask sinned86 is where you found the information on this system when you were ordering youre Antigua tickets?. I have been on the ICC World Cup website and at first glance i can see no clear link to the rules and regulations? I havent ordered tickets but if this rule hasnt been made clear when ordering tickets i find that ridiculous bearing in mind that it is a new rule.

If someone has an official link to this rule can they please post it. I know the wikipedia link has been posted (and thanks for that- i know what the rules are now), but i dont believe the average man off the street can be expected to search wikepedia for rules regarding an ICC cricket world cup. Surely there should be a link on the official world cup website? I cant see it, has anyone else seen it?

The official website for the world cup previously had a note under the first round matches explaining the D1, D2 business. This note was up since I applied for my tickets last June and at least till last month. The official link links to another site now. The following is an email I sent iabout the seedings in February. The link is contained in it:

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/events/worldcup/schedule.html

Read the bottom part of the super eight schedule:

"Team names for the Super Eight stage are indicative based on the top two teams from the Group Stage qualifying. If these two teams do qualify they will be seeded in position 1 or 2 as specified regardless of whether they finish first or second in their group. For example, if South Africa wins Group A and Australia comes second, for the purposes of the Super Eights, South Africa will still be A2 and Australia will be A1. If, for example, Scotland qualifies instead of Australia, Scotland will become A1"
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:32:31 PM by sinned86 »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 05:37:25 PM »
I am not arguing whether or not it is a good system, in fact i think its great for those planning ahead to see certain teams...

However this is a non-standard system.. In any other sports tournament in the world, A1 = group winner, A2 = runner up and so forth like in the football world cup, champions league and previous cricket world cups etc etc...

Now i have just finished reviewing the ticketing faqs, ticketing terms and conditions and the process i used to buy my tickets and there is no mention of this.. I was told by a senior person in the LOC that it can be found in the follow-a-path area which naturally i never visited..

Granted i may have overlooked this, i repeat.. Being a new and NON-STANDARD format, this should be clearly stipulated to me in the process maybe on entirely new web page before purchasing...

And trust me... I AM NOT THE ONLY ASS WHO FELL FOR THIS WAIT AND SEE...

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 07:13:58 PM »
I am not arguing whether or not it is a good system, in fact i think its great for those planning ahead to see certain teams...

However this is a non-standard system.. In any other sports tournament in the world, A1 = group winner, A2 = runner up and so forth like in the football world cup, champions league and previous cricket world cups etc etc...

Now i have just finished reviewing the ticketing faqs, ticketing terms and conditions and the process i used to buy my tickets and there is no mention of this.. I was told by a senior person in the LOC that it can be found in the follow-a-path area which naturally i never visited..

Granted i may have overlooked this, i repeat.. Being a new and NON-STANDARD format, this should be clearly stipulated to me in the process maybe on entirely new web page before purchasing...

You're not the only one. This was extremely poorly communicated I agree

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 06:28:07 AM »

I am real sorry for your predicament pardner. Yuh spend yuh money make arrangements etc.
Hope you manage to enjoy whatever games you do go and see though.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 09:47:44 AM »
Look some other men here who in de same predicament as me...

http://caribbeancricket.com/topic/853251

i've decided to carry a massive banner to the Ireland game..

I'm welcoming suggestions for a slogan.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 04:58:30 PM »
I too was aware of this fairly early. That's the advantage in having a relative doing media coverage... I thought everyone knew it though.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »
I was hoping for a West Indies vs Australia final... sigh.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 11:28:25 PM »
I was hoping for a West Indies vs Australia final... sigh.

Jeff that could still happen.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 12:50:25 PM »
Well...

I'm in Barbados...

Didnt go to the A1 versus D1 game because as i was leaving home Ireland were 12/4 so I went to the beach instead...

But I met reaaaaal trinis in a fete last night who get ketch just like me with the Super 8 schedule...

Only thing worse was an Englishman I met who say he get ketch too, but instead of seeing West Indies versus India, he getting to see Bangladesh versus Ireland

1]; } ?>