May 13, 2024, 05:59:19 PM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 908358 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #3270 on: March 07, 2011, 12:16:26 PM »
Barca without both of their starting central defenders Puyol and Pique...

That should put a smile on the gunners' face...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini68

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: March 07, 2011, 12:51:40 PM »
I just see Van Persie in the squad :D

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: March 07, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »

so so we will see,

wenger say wilshire wont replace song :(

that means diaby or denilson which means we dead neither plays with the intesity that jack does

we need to hassle the mid and have our play makers cesc n nasri and arshavin in his own way do thier thing

all in all i hope we see another fantastic game of football

Offline Trini68

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:49 PM »

so so we will see,

wenger say wilshire wont replace song :(

that means diaby or denilson which means we dead neither plays with the intesity that jack does

we need to hassle the mid and have our play makers cesc n nasri and arshavin in his own way do thier thing

all in all i hope we see another fantastic game of football

Hmm..I hope Wenger change he mind....you think we starting the Dane and Chamakh and subbing for AA/vP?

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3274 on: March 08, 2011, 06:35:38 AM »
For those who like stats:

With Johan Djourou in their defence, Arsenal have conceded a PL goal every 319 minutes this season. Without him, that figure is 54 minutes.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_6800826,00.html

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: March 08, 2011, 07:15:53 AM »
Yup all season once JD pairs LK or Squill we defend better
Any other pair cept for Tommy V is worries

Ah well hours to go, come on you Gooooners!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: March 08, 2011, 10:50:46 AM »

Ah lookin' to put de  :( back on theirs and a bigger  ;D on mine....dey was without dem last year, too.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: March 08, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »

Ah lookin' to put de  :( back on theirs and a bigger  ;D on mine....dey was without dem last year, too.
the past doesnt write the future
the present writes the past
the future is to be decided

lets go you goooners!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: March 08, 2011, 02:06:16 PM »
Uh Oh.
Szczęsny off injured after 20th minutes. Almunia to save the day?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: March 08, 2011, 02:20:37 PM »
This is total domination by Barca.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: March 08, 2011, 02:36:13 PM »

time to focus on the FA Cup folks

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: March 08, 2011, 02:53:03 PM »

you talking to Arsneal or Chelski? oh yes thats right, you running out of straws to grasp at

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: March 08, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »

you talking to Arsneal or Chelski? oh yes thats right, you running out of straws to grasp at

See you in the quarterfinal then?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: March 08, 2011, 03:36:05 PM »
former arsenal man eduardo going to the quarters with shaktar.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: March 08, 2011, 03:48:28 PM »
Uh Oh.

Almunia might have just resurrected his career with his performance today.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: March 08, 2011, 04:45:07 PM »
former arsenal man eduardo going to the quarters with shaktar.

Look for Shaktar to go further. They have good athleticism and ability to penetrate. very hard to beat!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: March 08, 2011, 05:09:25 PM »
Uh Oh.

Almunia might have just resurrected his career with his performance today.

Is the moments of madness that have him on the bench. If you leave him out there long enough, it's only a matter of time.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: March 08, 2011, 05:56:01 PM »
Licks boy! not one shot!

Back to the training ground lads!

At least the aggregate was closer than last year

Now I'd like to see them win it

That reff is stupid, nothing more to say about him

Barca earned it fairly

Offline Trini68

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: March 08, 2011, 06:21:40 PM »
Barca played a good game...hope they go on to win it. I don't understand the referee's sending off of Van Persie though.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: March 08, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
eff barca...i backing shaktar to go far in this tourney

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3290 on: March 08, 2011, 08:25:51 PM »
Interested in seeing Ramsey play ... word is he was better than Wilshire ... wanna see what he brings.

me too sah...bring on rambo

hopefully Ramsey bounces back with the confidence he had before that injury cause he is a much better player than Wilshire..who btw is turning into a 'complainer' but at least England will end up with a pretty decent ball playing defensive midfielder.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: March 08, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »

the past doesnt write the future
the present writes the past
the future is to be decided

lets go you goooners!

Hard luck dey....Barcelona wrote the future today and they wrote arsenal into history.  Better luck nex' year.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: March 09, 2011, 01:56:29 AM »
Barca gonna win it !
To even have a chance of coping with them we have to be at full, full strength which means Song, Vermalean, Walcott and even so .... is 50 50!
Van Persie sending off was kinda ridiculous...... You can't hold this team off with 10 men
I said it before and I said it again .... if you could stop Messi you could stop BArca BUT THE REAL QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU DO THAT?
There was a time at  Napoli when Diego was in this kinda form ......
Any suggestions? Kryptonite?
the possesion was 76 to 24 ...... Arsenal had the ball less than quarter of the time .... mind numbing shit!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: March 09, 2011, 06:15:23 AM »
You forgot 0 shots not even an off target shot

If bendtner could trap and shoot properly we might of had one

Disaspopinted yes will we learn? Hopefully

Now to deal with manu in d cup

If rathe้ face them in the league, maybe kick them when they down

Last thing we want us manu beating us and turning around their last two defeats and going on

If there was a way to beat them and drop out fa n focus on league if take it

But we are down to 2 chances at silverware

I wouldn't want to know what it feels like to maybe reach da cup finals and lose that then also end up 2nd in league

It would solidify that Arsenal are good but just not that good enough

This team needs to prove it

Being home the silver!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: March 09, 2011, 09:31:14 AM »
We're not gonna meet another team that can possess the ball like barca including man u  ... the things we really need to learn from barca is...... the transition from defense to attack .... when you have the ball barca hounds you ... I've never seen a team that can win back possession as quickly as barca ... I mean never.
This is what these youths need to take and learn from playing this team .. closing down space this quickly with the midfielders and forwards doing that kind of work the defense will never be tested as regularly as it can be and it will never be under as much pressure as it could be.
The fact that Arsenal defense comes under so much pressure shows a defensive failing with the mids and the forwards.
Barca comes at you in two's, three's, they smother you, bother you, and support and movement is everywhere and despite this if you van lock down Messi you can still affect their offense significantly.

In Mourinho's book he said he knew his team was gonna get a guy sent off so in practice he played his team a man short to deal with the added pressure .. overload!
Walcott's pace is an outlet defensively and he gives you something you can't coach ... speed to at least put distance between the mid and then give time for our midifeld to catch their breath and link with him we need him back... badly and his wingplay creates the majority of Van Persie's goals ... we are a different team without him!
I'll be honest I was disappointed with Arsenal's effort they didnt play to win.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: March 09, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »
We're not gonna meet another team that can possess the ball like barca including man u  ... the things we really need to learn from barca is...... the transition from defense to attack .... when you have the ball barca hounds you ... I've never seen a team that can win back possession as quickly as barca ... I mean never.
This is what these youths need to take and learn from playing this team .. closing down space this quickly with the midfielders and forwards doing that kind of work the defense will never be tested as regularly as it can be and it will never be under as much pressure as it could be.
The fact that Arsenal defense comes under so much pressure shows a defensive failing with the mids and the forwards.
Barca comes at you in two's, three's, they smother you, bother you, and support and movement is everywhere and despite this if you van lock down Messi you can still affect their offense significantly.

In Mourinho's book he said he knew his team was gonna get a guy sent off so in practice he played his team a man short to deal with the added pressure .. overload!
Walcott's pace is an outlet defensively and he gives you something you can't coach ... speed to at least put distance between the mid and then give time for our midifeld to catch their breath and link with him we need him back... badly and his wingplay creates the majority of Van Persie's goals ... we are a different team without him!
I don't think  they didn't play to win. I think they couldn't get out of their defensive third. All season Arsenal has struggled against teams that press in midfield and Barca are the gold standard at doing that. Trying to pass through the Barca midfield means you gonna keep getting the ball coming back at you. Since Wenger makes his tactical changes on the hour mark, van Persie's sending off completely disrupted his adjustment. Arsenal plan B uses 2 strikers and sacrifices a ball playing midfielder. With the striker sent off it is messed up.
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: March 09, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »

I don't think  they didn't play to win. I think they couldn't get out of their defensive third. All season Arsenal has struggled against teams that press in midfield and Barca are the gold standard at doing that. Trying to pass through the Barca midfield means you gonna keep getting the ball coming back at you. Since Wenger makes his tactical changes on the hour mark, van Persie's sending off completely disrupted his adjustment. Arsenal plan B uses 2 strikers and sacrifices a ball playing midfielder. With the striker sent off it is messed up.

Had RVP not been sent off, this game would have been different, you could have seen Barca's intensity start to drop a bit and a similar pattern of play to that of the first leg was slowly beginning to emerge. I'm not saying Arsenal would have won, but the sending off (which was absurd) changed the outlook completely.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: March 09, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »

Had RVP not been sent off, this game would have been different, you could have seen Barca's intensity start to drop a bit and a similar pattern of play to that of the first leg was slowly beginning to emerge. I'm not saying Arsenal would have won, but the sending off (which was absurd) changed the outlook completely.

When you have to break a line of five and the a line of 4, what yuh expect.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: March 11, 2011, 07:49:19 AM »
well well well

its FA cup lunch time affair tomorrow

i think this is arsenal best team available.

Almunia
Sagna Squill JD Clichy
Ramsey Diaby Wilshire
      AA RVP Nasri

manu may have injuries but vidic back and that helps alot

fergie wont be putting out no sorf side for this one at home and wil lhave them fired up

question is will arsenal players care about this game and give the supporters more shit to deal with? or will they play for more than pride

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: March 11, 2011, 08:46:42 AM »
well well well

its FA cup lunch time affair tomorrow

i think this is arsenal best team available.

Almunia
Sagna Squill JD Clichy
Ramsey Diaby Wilshire
      AA RVP Nasri

manu may have injuries but vidic back and that helps alot

fergie wont be putting out no sorf side for this one at home and wil lhave them fired up

question is will arsenal players care about this game and give the supporters more shit to deal with? or will they play for more than pride
Best available side yeah. A week till next game. Pray for no more injuries. Remember Man U have their CL game in 3 days and have to win. Even if is l'OM dey playing.

Szczesny out 6 weeks, so might be back for Spurs game. We hadda face Pool with Manuel though. Djourou will have to play every game till the end of the season.
Victoria concordia crescit

1]; } ?>