May 14, 2024, 01:56:16 PM

Author Topic: Guerra suffers pay-cut for breach of contract.  (Read 6894 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Guerra suffers pay-cut for breach of contract.
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 03:34:16 PM »
well....if the league pays better...and has more crowd support...why not?...

well then he should quit Jabloteh, and move to de minor league team.

Leh me quote Mccommie SIMPLE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 12:35:06 AM »
I thought the season was done.

but maybe I am wrong.

The man should be free to take a sweat if the season done.

If he break he foot that is he problem just void the contract and fine him.
If he missing PFL practice or game to play in eddie hart that is another issue but if season done and they not playing till next year what is the big deal.

You could talk bout professional this and that but everything have to be in context.

contract have to be realistic.

Just like any other work pay me when I on the clock.
and during season and off season rules should be fair and obvious.

How is this any different from Becks playing for AC Milan in the offseason when the galaxy league done.

What you do in the off season should be your own business.

Minor league football is a big part of the "TnT football professional setup".

Fenwick just want to impose his colonialistic English Mentality on a carribean nation.

If he want to be at that level of professionalism he should have brought along with his attitude, English fans to fill the stadium and english pounds to pay the players big money.

Have good minor league football is an important part of grassroots football suport in Tnt and if guerra want to play in the league like a jack ass and get break up that is he business!

What yuh feel de word "contract" mean?  Yuh think this is de NFL?  They can't just void the contract... if he break he foot the team still on the hook for the contract.  If they lucky the court might reduce the amount, but they still have to pay him.  As for being "on the clock"... yuh think dem men only drawing a salary during the season?  Them getting paid every month. 

Besides... why should the team have to worry about cutting him when they could just prohibit him from playing?  Teams  have to be able to plan... yes you can't plan for all contingencies, but breaking yuh foot in an unsanctioned game is not the same as being in a car accident or getting hit by lightning.  Yuh is a professional den act like it... if yuh want to kick ball in the minor leagues then that is where yuh should be sweating.

Imagine if Kenwyne come home fuh ah weekend (or even after the season) and gone and kick ball with Jabloteh without Sunderland permission?  The fact that you mention Becks and Milan only showing how far off-base yuh thinking is... Milan assumes responsibility for any injury and would compensate MLS/Galaxy if Becks get hurt.

Leh we not even talk about opportunity cost... in other words, what Guerra really stand to gain from kicking ball in Eddie Hart?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:36:56 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 12:37:34 AM »
well....if the league pays better...and has more crowd support...why not?...

well then he should quit Jabloteh, and move to de minor league team.

Leh me quote Mccommie SIMPLE

McCommie thief that from Kenny.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2009, 05:12:18 AM »
All Trinidadians need to live abroad for a few years to understand the meaning of the word DISCIPLINE,simples.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2009, 08:38:27 AM »

but maybe I am wrong.

If he missing PFL practice or game to play in eddie hart that is another issue but if season done and they not playing till next year what is the big deal.

You could talk bout professional this and that but everything have to be in context.

How is this any different from Becks playing for AC Milan in the offseason when the galaxy league done.

Fenwick just want to impose his colonialistic English Mentality on a carribean nation.

If he want to be at that level of professionalism he should have brought along with his attitude, English fans to fill the stadium and english pounds to pay the players big money.

Have good minor league football is an important part of grassroots football suport in Tnt and if guerra want to play in the league like a jack ass and get break up that is he business!

I not biting KND bait here.  Once again this is pure sarcasm, with an intent to evoke fiery discussion and cuss.

Thanks horse because when i read that post is like meh head just about ready to explode based on the level of assness this man talking here!!! that post more than any other shows exactly why alot of the trinidadian footballers are the way they are...ignorant and uneducated!!! wat a shame!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2009, 10:23:18 AM »

but maybe I am wrong.

I not biting KND bait here.  Once again this is pure sarcasm, with an intent to evoke fiery discussion and cuss.

ent?!!  Da level ah shit talk cah be he real thoughts

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »
If you think Kenwayne jones and stern and them dont sweat when they come how you is an ass.

These men does take a choke in the neighborhood sweat when they ready, and them is big time professionals.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »
If you think Kenwayne jones and stern and them dont sweat when they come how you is an ass.

These men does take a choke in the neighborhood sweat when they ready, and them is big time professionals.

fella ah lil pick up sweat as oppsed to ah minor league game is 2 totally different animals.  I sure KJ an dem takin dey lil sweat but I doubt is an organized league sweat dey partakin in.  only sport I know where players under contract does do dem thing without repercusion is basketball where the big stars does be in NY plaing in Rucker park during the summer.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 05:05:08 PM »

fella ah lil pick up sweat as oppsed to ah minor league game is 2 totally different animals.  I sure KJ an dem takin dey lil sweat but I doubt is an organized league sweat dey partakin in.  only sport I know where players under contract does do dem thing without repercusion is basketball where the big stars does be in NY plaing in Rucker park during the summer.

Yeah Steve Nash does be sweatin' in Urban Soccer league in pier 40 normal. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 11:16:46 PM »
Guerra... you self! yuh coulda wrap yuh head with ah bandana, stick een two gold cap in yuh mouth and say is not you!....yuh gwan up in eddie hart league on de fireball main road and right next to center ah excellence...yuh must get cetch! big steuppes man

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2009, 06:06:11 AM »

but maybe I am wrong.

i'll take a poke then....
First and foremost, there is was a rumor that "these pfl players" got some kind of permission to play in the minor league. I believe other coaches were turning a blind eye to it. Kerry baptiste and others were doing the same from time to time. Fenwick now get back he wok as a coach and he crack down on it. It shows his professionalism. Though I agree that de eddie hart setup and others are a part of de ting the professionals must maintain that professionalism even in the face of small payouts from local team owners. The other players in the small leagues aren't really happy with these pfl players coming out and playing though the admiration is there for sure. " Boy yuh aint see what guerra do dat man". However if I can see guerra for free I wont pay to go see him so to ensure the quality of de pfl and its continued success (?) they must stay away and only play in sanctioned games. Invitationals are different than coming out day in and day out to play for some minor league side. If their league is finished then they are on break and every player needs that if they have a hectic season coming up next year. I'd not fine him but rather make him work hardest (lol) when the new season comes around. Yuh like to wok in de off season well let me see yuh in de on season. Well maybe ah woulda still fine him since mankind does only get serious when their dockets are in jeopardy. Long live fenwick. De PFL's best all round coach.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2009, 09:38:06 AM »
Guerra... you self! yuh coulda wrap yuh head with ah bandana, stick een two gold cap in yuh mouth and say is not you!....yuh gwan up in eddie hart league on de fireball main road and right next to center ah excellence...yuh must get cetch! big steuppes man

Dat is what yuh pardner Denzil does do?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2009, 11:13:38 AM »

Dat is what yuh pardner Denzil does do?

:devil: :devil:
Ah was tempted to but Kiffy woulda say I just doh like he pardner.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »
Sugar,

Look how long I ain't mek ah post on de forum...one post ah make and look Weary jump on meh case bout Bleedah.. and like you was looking to do de same.....   All yuh really know how to send up my pressure oui

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »
Sugar,

Look how long I ain't mek ah post on de forum...one post ah make and look Weary jump on meh case bout Bleedah.. and like you was looking to do de same.....   All yuh really know how to send up my pressure oui

We betta than wifey

1]; } ?>