May 08, 2024, 10:15:55 PM

Author Topic: El Clasico! Real Madrid vs Barcelona  (Read 10086 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: El Clasico! Real Madrid vs Barcelona
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »
Oh yeah, and Filho...so much for your theory on it being harder to motivate the non-Spanish players for "El Insignificao"...they played the hardest of all!

;)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2008, 05:18:46 PM »
Weeeeeeey....is a hard luck dey boy, Barca. If dis is really Frank last Clasico it hard to see 'im go out so. But dize arright. If is anybody could bounce back from tough times and a tough end to a season is Frank Rijkaard. Just arkse Rudii Voeller (sp)    :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2008, 07:11:34 PM »
1 down 2 to go...
Real Madrid Champions..... :beermug:
Next is My fav Chelsea, then after that is Inter...
Last year ah do de double... Ah looking for a triple this year....
Ah so glad BArca get licks, although I did back Barca once in my life, but that was because they were playing ManUre

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2008, 07:22:35 PM »

Barça succumbed to a vastly superior Real Madrid side tonight who celebrated their 31st Liga by beating us 4-1. Barça were never in the game and are obviously already thinking about next season or their holidays. If ever there was a game that the majority didn’t seem to want to play it was this. The humiliation of having to applaud Madrid onto the pitch did not have the desired affect of a proud reaction, instead many players looked as if they just wanted the game to be over with as quickly as possible. To make things harder the referee Perez Burrull gave a number of decisions in favour of Madrid.

Right from the start it was clear that the game was not as important as most clasicos, Robben had a shot straight at Valdés and then Gudjohnsen shot wide for Barça. In the 7th minute Victor Valdés came close to getting an enormous amount of egg on his face almost losing the ball to Sneijder when he decided to dribble inside the penalty area. The lack of intensity was noticeable as the first foul of the game didn’t come until the 12th minute. A minute later Madrid went ahead after Guti exchanged passes with Sneijder and as Marquez challenged Guti the ball broke to Raul who curled one home from just outside the area. Barça appealed for a foul by Guti on Marquez but referee was having none of it.

If the first goal was questionable the second was a clear mistake by the ref. Ramos made an obvious dive when he went close to Abidal and the ref inexplicably blew for a foul. From guti’s free kick Robben was completely unmarked to head home. The first thing Pep Guardiola should do if he takes over is sort out defending at free kicks. rijkaard then took off Gudjohnsen and sent on Giovani and for a brief spell Barça created some half chances but Casillas was not tested.

At half time Marquez was replaced by Sylvinho and Abidal switched to centre back. This coincided with Barça’s worst spell of the match where only desperate defending stopped Madrid from running riot. In the 56th minute Sylvinho made a great last ditch tackle on Marcelo who then clashed with Valdés, the goalkeeper pushed Marcelo out of his way as play continued and Marcelo reacted by lashing out at Valdés. Par for the course tonight Perez Burrull booked Valdés and let Marcelo off scot free. To make things worse for Barça Sylvinho was injured in the tackle and Edmilson came on in his place. Edmilson was only on the pitch a minute when he slipped allowing Higuain the chance to score from Diarra’s pass.

With 15 minutes to go Van Nistlerooy came on for Raul and within a minute Madrid had a penalty for hands by Puyol. The replay showed it was in self defence but Perez Burrull was determined to play his part in Madrid’s victory. Van Nistlerooy sent Valdés the wrong way to make it 4-0. Puyol was one of the few who gave everything tonight and in the last twenty minutes Leo Messi also showed some pride making some great individual runs and twice forcing Casillas into good saves. Then with three minutes remaining he sent a fine ball through to Henry who beat Casillas for a consolation goal. In injury time Xavi got a second yellow card for saying something to the ref and he will now miss Sunday’s game with Mallorca. 

It is easy to say the players did not give 100%. I think it is more a case of just hating having to be there. There was pride shown, but when things go against you it is very difficult to turn things around. We probably do need another leader or two in ther squad; players with the character to respond in adverse situations. The referee obviously did not help and I have to admit if I was playing with a ref like that I would find it extremely difficult not to lose my cool. I don’t like to talk about the ref especially after a defeat but the last time I had to criticize like this was after the 1-0 victory over Getafe last season, and the ref then was the same Perez Burrull that we suffered tonight. This is not intended to take anything away from Madrid who deserved to win and at times threatened to make it a scoreline to go down in history.

With Villarreal’s victory Barça can no longer finish second, I hope this is a blessing in disguise as Barça will now have to change the plan for preseason with less travel and more preparation for the Champions League qualifier which begins on August 13. Congratulations to Villarreal who thoroughly deserve to go directly into next season’s tournament. They may surprise a few people.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2008, 07:49:06 PM »
Oh yeah, and Filho...so much for your theory on it being harder to motivate the non-Spanish players for "El Insignificao"...they played the hardest of all!

;)

Toppa...Just to be argumentative, even if the foreign players were somehow proven to be the most motivated, how do you know how easy or hard it was to get them motivated  :devil: And I never said they wouldn't be motivated or wouldn't give it their all. Read what I said carefully..all I said was on the chance that they don't play well or lose..they have an out. Barca on the other hand..have no excuse.

In any case, my point is that the game was a win-win for Madrid. Even if they lost, I still believe it would not mean the same as if the title was on the line. The game just wasn't as important as past clasicos..especially for Madrid. And from all accounts, the game did seem to lack the usual intensity...no fouls until the 12th minute  ??? that can't be right. And yep..I do think the game means more for the Madrid-born and raised. I doh care how motivated a Higuain is, the clasico will always mean that little bit more to Raul. I'll wager that Higuain still cares more about Boca v River than Real v Barca. Doesn't mean he can't get motivated for the Barca game or wouldn't play his heart out..but it wouldn't be second nature like in the Argentine superclasico.

By the way..congrats to Madrid. I was not really impressed by the manner in which they won the title. But today, yuh can't take anything away from them. Must be nice to be a Madrid fan. Oh well..there's always next year
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:54:59 PM by Filho »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2008, 08:23:09 PM »
barca lose steam long long time.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2008, 08:44:21 PM »
This was a thoroughly disappointing season. Hats off to Real. I am simply embarrassed and disgusted by this defeat. I am looking forward to some changes. Barca is more than a club. We will return with a vengeance.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2008, 04:16:09 AM »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2008, 04:18:20 AM »

;)

Toppa...Just to be argumentative, even if the foreign players were somehow proven to be the most motivated, how do you know how easy or hard it was to get them motivated  :devil: And I never said they wouldn't be motivated or wouldn't give it their all. Read what I said carefully..all I said was on the chance that they don't play well or lose..they have an out. Barca on the other hand..have no excuse.

In any case, my point is that the game was a win-win for Madrid. Even if they lost, I still believe it would not mean the same as if the title was on the line. The game just wasn't as important as past clasicos..especially for Madrid. And from all accounts, the game did seem to lack the usual intensity...no fouls until the 12th minute  ??? that can't be right. And yep..I do think the game means more for the Madrid-born and raised. I doh care how motivated a Higuain is, the clasico will always mean that little bit more to Raul. I'll wager that Higuain still cares more about Boca v River than Real v Barca. Doesn't mean he can't get motivated for the Barca game or wouldn't play his heart out..but it wouldn't be second nature like in the Argentine superclasico.

By the way..congrats to Madrid. I was not really impressed by the manner in which they won the title. But today, yuh can't take anything away from them. Must be nice to be a Madrid fan. Oh well..there's always next year

??? ??? ??? ???
www.westindiantube.com

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2008, 07:16:24 AM »
Villareal separates the big two in Spain !!!! Wayyyyy 7  points ahead of barcelona ...Messi alone worth more dan the whole Villareal team ..good football ,Good coach.... rules !!!
Notice how every commentator has to say that Villareal is playing good football.....
Messi voted young player of the year, Tevez in the Champions league final, Riquelme leads Boca in the Libertadores Cup, Villareal finishes second in La liga, Spurs win a trophy at long last  ...why do i love this game ???
..Oh yes for all of the above reasons ...

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2008, 08:07:59 AM »
how much Real pay that ref boy??

after that political show yesterday this season can't end soon enough

2 La Liga's and a CL and now this shit
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:16:08 AM by Disgruntled_Trini »

Més que un club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2008, 09:11:54 AM »
Villareal separates the big two in Spain !!!!

That's a big achievement for real.
Yuh must be likin yuhself jai john.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2008, 09:25:04 AM »
why dey did not try "de long ball"  ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2008, 09:32:56 AM »
Villareal separates the big two in Spain !!!! Wayyyyy 7  points ahead of barcelona ...Messi alone worth more dan the whole Villareal team ..good football ,Good coach.... rules !!!
Notice how every commentator has to say that Villareal is playing good football.....
Messi voted young player of the year, Tevez in the Champions league final, Riquelme leads Boca in the Libertadores Cup, Villareal finishes second in La liga, Spurs win a trophy at long last 

...why do i love this game ???

..Oh yes for all of the above reasons ...

......and dize only a pinch-a-salt worth of reasons, eh. It wouldn't even cover a whole recipe. Ketch yuh breath fast becuz june is Euro '08, den is new season(s) and WCQ's. Enjoy yuh self!!    :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »
why dey did not try "de long ball"  ???

:rotfl:

Super Classico my ass lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2008, 01:08:38 PM »

Toppa...Just to be argumentative, even if the foreign players were somehow proven to be the most motivated, how do you know how easy or hard it was to get them motivated  :devil: And I never said they wouldn't be motivated or wouldn't give it their all. Read what I said carefully..all I said was on the chance that they don't play well or lose..they have an out. Barca on the other hand..have no excuse.

??? ??? ??? ???

Just seems to me that after a great first half of the season, Real faultered a lot in the new year gave Barca 3 different chances to catch them, but Barca was not good enough. All teams go through slumps in a seasn but I felt Real's was pretty pronounced. At the end of the day..their points total is impressive and they are undoubtedly the best team in Spain..but doh tell meh it wasn't frustrating to see how often they'd give Barca a glimmer of hope by losing or tying some game they should have won.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2008, 01:25:43 PM »

Toppa...Just to be argumentative, even if the foreign players were somehow proven to be the most motivated, how do you know how easy or hard it was to get them motivated  :devil: And I never said they wouldn't be motivated or wouldn't give it their all. Read what I said carefully..all I said was on the chance that they don't play well or lose..they have an out. Barca on the other hand..have no excuse.

??? ??? ??? ???

Just seems to me that after a great first half of the season, Real faultered a lot in the new year gave Barca 3 different chances to catch them, but Barca was not good enough. All teams go through slumps in a seasn but I felt Real's was pretty pronounced. At the end of the day..their points total is impressive and they are undoubtedly the best team in Spain..but doh tell meh it wasn't frustrating to see how often they'd give Barca a glimmer of hope by losing or tying some game they should have won.

No, it wasn't frustrating given how many players were out injured in that period. And the games that we lost or drew, we did not deserve to win them - we were outplayed fair and square.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »

??? ??? ??? ???

The pattern of wins & losses of the team chasing the leader is just more agonizing when it "appears" that they can't capitalze on slip ups....It really just means that Madrid & Barca hit their season slump at the same time (and Madrid recovered from theirs better)......doesn't say much for how impressive Madrid's overall league run was.  What if Barca had lost a bunch of games at the start of the season....and then were steadily gaining points while Madrid was hitting their slump, but still missed out by the amount that they ultimately did.....Would that make Madrid's run more impressive?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
Toppa

U are right. The facts show that Real Madrid are more than worthy champions. But it still amazing to me that noone really took up the challenge when they stumbled.  Inter slipped up and Roma duly obliged to close the gap, Arsenal slipped and Chelsea and ManU duly obliged to go past them. In a top league I guess I just expect there to be a couple teams of sufficient quality to make things interesting if the leading team goes though a prolonged slump. But I do agree with you that my opinion is based partly on perception. Like I say, the facts show that madrid had a very good season.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2008, 03:00:23 PM »
Toppa

U are right. The facts show that Real Madrid are more than worthy champions. But it still amazing to me that noone really took up the challenge when they stumbled.  Inter slipped up and Roma duly obliged to close the gap, Arsenal slipped and Chelsea and ManU duly obliged to go past them. In a top league I guess I just expect there to be a couple teams of sufficient quality to make things interesting if the leading team goes though a prolonged slump. But I do agree with you that my opinion is based partly on perception. Like I say, the facts show that madrid had a very good season.

That's not out fault.  :D

:devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »
Toppa

Oi..I meant kicker.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2008, 03:30:49 AM »
Toppa

Oi..I meant kicker.

But I was right too.  ;)
www.westindiantube.com

1]; } ?>