May 03, 2024, 01:57:14 PM

Author Topic: Election date is 29th December  (Read 1104 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Election date is 29th December
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »
In JA
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Election date is 29th December
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:19:01 AM »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SS. P
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 08:58:04 PM »
Back as PM of JA. So Kamla have company.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SS. P
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 07:47:05 AM »
BREAKING NEWS
Jamaica opposition scores landslide win

The Portia Simpson Miller-led People's National Party (PNP), Jamaica's leading opposition party, has scored a landslide victory in the country's parliamentary election on Thursday.

Preliminary results late Thursday indicated the left-leaning party had won 41 out of 63 constituencies, giving it a resounding majority and showing the door to Andrew Holness, 39, the country's youngest-ever prime minister.

Holness assumed office on October 23 when Bruce Golding stepped down under pressure.

Golding, who led the Jamaica Labour Party to victory in 2007 and ended 17 straight years of PNP rule, resigned in the political fallout from the government's fight against the extradition to the United States of Christopher "Dudus" Coke, reportedly the former leader of the Shower Posse, a JLP-tied gang.

Coke -- accused of running a vast arms and drug trafficking operation -- pleaded guilty in August to one count of racketeering conspiracy.

Within hours of polls closing, Simpson Miller, the designated prime minister, delivered an acceptance speech vowing greater transparency.

"You will know everything. We will never hide anything from you. Now you have a government you can trust," she told jubilant supporters.

Holness told reporters late on Thursday after calling the 66-year-old Simpson Miller to concede defeat: "The people of Jamaica have spoken."

"I wish the new government well," he said. "There are challenges that they will face, challenges that we are quite well aware of. And we hope for the benefit of the country and for the interest of the people of Jamaica that they will do a good job."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »
Yuh unlock de thread  ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »
Yuh unlock de thread  ;D

Not I d person who lock it

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 03:56:33 PM »
I have a strange feeling things will be very interesting between TT and JA.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 07:04:12 AM »
I have a strange feeling things will be very interesting between TT and JA.

Time will tell

1]; } ?>