May 14, 2024, 12:36:04 PM

Author Topic: Question for all forumites  (Read 7885 times)

Corbeaux

Re: Question for all forumites
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »
I said these guys were sending ah message in that game. Daniel did not even attempt to to do anything. The 1 time he went at a defender he look like he learning to dribble. At the start of the game Carlos just kicking the ball, Dennis Lawrence not saying anything. No communication whatsoever on the field. The players were like 11 zombies on the pitch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah hear yu...but is this the professional way of reacting to a situation yuh eh like? Ah mean if ah solider eh like  tuh be on the front line what go happen? he go do things to get killed?  if them players eh like what the coach doing  sabotaging ah high stakes game doh seem like the answer fuh me.

Is true what you say. They coulda fight that out after putting up a better fight on the field. A.B. I talk to one of the more noteable players on the team and he say is fren ting going on on the team. So some men watching how they brethren getting leave out for a more senior player brethen. So is we vs dem vs alyuh. Let's se how much things will change now. I waiting for 6/6 to see who get call up and who ask to be excused for that game.
Elan,
                  I don't think they were actually trying to send a message, but it could have been sub-consciously that they did not give their best. they were upset with Maturana before the game and even more so after the game, im not calling any names. If you watched the game on tv, by Birchall and Carlos'  workrate you could clearly see that they were not holding back in that game. I coulda swear i see Lawrence crying after the game too.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »
SELL OUT!!!!!. They were beaten fairly and squarely!!!!

Sell out is an inappropriate word.  I will take it back.

What I meant to suggest is if players may have given less than their best and if so, could it be possible that they gave that kind of "effort" in the hopes that the coach would be dismissed.

There is no question that we were beaten fairly & squarely.  That we were soundly beaten by a better side.  But yuh could get beat and still fight, be competitive.  For the most part, that was not apparent.

If we were to play devil's advocate for a brief second.

From the outset, if there is any game that we could "afford" to lose, it would've been the US away game.

While we were confident going into the game, we were without several key players - so any points that we took from this game wouldve been gravy.

It would be interesting to see that before the game, if we had told men that we would only lose 1-0 and Honduras would crush Mexico - supporters might have taken that as a means of cutting our losses before it got out of hand and fouled up our goal difference.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 10:51:36 PM »
All this discussion would be null and void had we beat El Salvador...4-6 points at this stage and we would be sitting pretty.

If is any game the side let we down is El Salvador.

We were never getting no points vs the US away or Mexico away...we start off looking at 24/30.

Now we take 2 from 9....we need 12 points to be safe to qualify 3rd = three wins and a draw.

We have 4 games at home and 3 more away.

It very possible to qualify once we get our act together...the sad part is we play our 2 direct rivals and pop down.

After the next friendly match we go see how this side shaping up.

Palos...the players ent sell out no game...they simply could not do any better. Barring Kenwyne...everybody has been exposed and that is the level they capable of.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2009, 11:48:07 PM »
BY ANY MEANS NESSASRY ( OH K ..AH CYAH SPELL...AND PACHO CYAH COACH..)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 12:00:33 AM »
Palos...the players ent sell out no game...they simply could not do any better. Barring Kenwyne...everybody has been exposed and that is the level they capable of.

I've seen players get "exposed" and still COMPETE.  There's no shame in losing.

There IS shame in lack of effort.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 03:45:03 AM »
I said these guys were sending ah message in that game. Daniel did not even attempt to to do anything. The 1 time he went at a defender he look like he learning to dribble. At the start of the game Carlos just kicking the ball, Dennis Lawrence not saying anything. No communication whatsoever on the field. The players were like 11 zombies on the pitch.

But that right there is the corbeaux brand in action....I think they were just following Maturana's coaching instructions and tactics to a T!  Good riddance Pacho!!

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 04:20:09 AM »
Maturana and staff have reportedly resigned because they felt they did not have the full support of the players.

Do you think it's POSSIBLE that the players "sell out" did not give of their best in de game against de USA and if so, a possible explanation might be in hopes of getting rid of de coach?

Could this be the explanation for such a putrid performance by our allegedly "best" and professional players?

If so, does the ends justify the means?

Thanks.

As was the case in the group stage, Yorke did not play the US back
in September, and April 1.
When he is on the field, T&T is a different team, agree?
In my eyes, he is the glue that binds the red/white/black.

Any 'professional' who represents his/her country, and does not
give 100%, well, that is bordering on treason, agree?

We played rubbish, and as a result we were handed a good hiding.

No conspiracy here (amongst the T&T players, local or foreign),
we were well and truly beaten.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 04:59:01 AM »
No I was there and the mood after the game was pretty grim... most players didn't even attend the event in their honor and it was just a handfull who came to the after "party". I believe it was an lack of UNDERSTANDING of their roles and functions that we saw being played out... Maturana's inability to communicate exactly what he wanted them to do. I'll illustrate with this example.. when Jason Scotland came onto the field, he immediately ran over to Stern and started talking and jesticulating, something you typically see when a sub comes on, well the response was a shrug of the shoulders...indicating their was an absence of understading of some sort... s I don't believe there was a sell out, rather a lack of understanding... a reversal of the very foundation of Gally's '89 Strike Squad and te 2005/6 Soca Warriors where understanding of specific roles was a key aspect of those teams' successes.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 05:14:45 AM »
IMO there was a clear lack of communication between that coach and our team. He was not communicating to the players and his lack of a clear 'plan' on the field. I'm just glad he's gone.
now let us support the replacement - latapy needs our support and positive vibes...
GO WARRIORS!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 07:32:25 AM »
Maturana never took tnt seriously...very unprofessional
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009, 07:53:41 AM »

I've seen players get "exposed" and still COMPETE.  There's no shame in losing.

There IS shame in lack of effort.

I think that though, depends on the level of exposure.
For instance, you could get yuh top ripped off, so yuh topless.
Yuh could get yuh bottom ripped off and now, well yuh bottomless.
And then, as happened to some on the field, yuh could get completely undressed (like Donovan did to Hislop), in which case, yuh completely ass-exposed naked.
Toujour Pret!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 08:02:53 AM »
This is a very interesting topic.  

I pray that what palos said at the start is not true.

I still cannot understand what all the doom and gloom is about.  As touches rightfully put it, would we have fired him if Stern John had scored that penalty and we had won that match?  

We have not lost to any of our direct rivals as yet, and these are the head to head matches that we must win or not lose.

As i said before, Latas always gets credit when we win (or play well) and Matas gets the blame when we lose (or play badly).......so what now?  

All the head hunters have gotten their bounty.........so what now?

The prodigal son will now be at the helm...........so what now?

Will he command the respect of all the players? Or will he be "one of the boys" to Stern and Dwight.

Will he call back Cyd Gray? Marvin Andrews? etc

More importantly............will he play? Cause we damn as hell need Latas on de field.

I understand that there was a lack of communication of the players and the coach, but in this day and age, the language barrier should never be a problem.  Look at all the club teams around the world and see if everyone speaks the same language.  I really dont think that the players supported him from the get go!!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 08:12:20 AM »
Nuff, no disrespect but the problem I have with posts (not forumites) is that when something goes wrong, we automatically blame JW, but when things go better than expected, we don't give Jack his jacket - that is why he will forever torment football in TT. It's not your reply specifically, but the overall sentiment on the Forum.

you said:
... Lo and behold Jack fires Bertille and hires the shitsnake Porterumfield and we collapse in the 2001 hex.  In 2006 Beenie took us to the world cup and we had a nice foundation of success to build on and finally have some continuity with Wim as coach ...

You forget to mention that JACK was the one who appoint Beenie in 2006. Prior to JW talking Beenie into the job, he probably had no clue where to point out T&T on a map.

then,
... Lo and behold Jack strikes again. He blacklists the world cup players and fires Wim for speaking out about not have the world cup players available. He then hires Maturana but does not allow him to choose his own staff and now we end up in a familiar position, bringing in a new coach during world cup qualifying and hoping once again for a miracle ...

Ever wonder why Wim stay in the first place? ... and who was paying Wim salary? - It wasn't the TTFF and it wasn't the Ministry of Sport. So, just like how Maturana resigned, Wim get suspended  ;)

From the outset, Maturana had credentials to be a good coach. He should've also had the understanding of the Central American teams - so I don't think his appointment could have been a shock.

Now we have Latapy as a the coach - but who was it that coax Latapy back to T&T to fulfill Latapy's dream of coaching the Mens NT. He's wanted to do it since '06, but was convinced otherwise. He had a good thing going at Falkirk and gave it up to come back home, but you have to look at who facilitated that and give the man credit where credit is due.

JW has arguably done more than his share of wrong, but you have to build up a man before you can break him down.  

ACB I have no problems giving Jack his due.  Yes he did hire in 2005 and Beenie did take us to the world cup but that is getting it right once out of how many failed attempts.  And unlike most of the other puppets Jack hired as coaches Beenie did not allow JW to meddle in the running of the team.

As for Jack paying for the coaches salaries, no one wants to give any money to the TTFF because they know that Jack is shady and there is no transparency whatsoever.

So yes Jack Warner has done some good but overall his duration in charge of our football has been one of more failures than successes.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 08:15:51 AM »
if  some sell out take place it wasnt a team effort. so ah really doubt it. some players really gave heart and soul

Only about 4 players did look to be giving full effort.  

C. Edwards
C. Ince
K. Thomas
C. Birchall

All the rest gave either average or horrible performances.  Stern and he equestrian trot was far too often out of plays that could have had positive potential.  Jones ball control was just attrocious.  Daniel seemed uninterested in using the skills he has to advance the ball.  Aklie lost Altidore far too easily, too often.  RB position was completely overmatched.  Now we go see though, because if these set of players remain on the team and magically start playing much better then I willing to entertain the idea that they sold the game.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 08:42:37 AM »
It seems like everything our team is turning the corner Jack Warner sabotages our success and drags our football backward.  From 96 to 2000 Bertille St. Clair had steadily improved our team.

Bertille St Clair's team was one of the worst I've ever seen...I will never forget the embarrasment of collecting 4 goals in one half against Scotland....and the complete absence of structure to our play. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 08:53:29 AM »
I don't think the players throw the game away!

Look at it this way, a coach's skill is to utilize his players to the best of their god given ability and talent...for better or for worse! (Look what Beenie did with our side for 2006)!
It is the players responsibility to respond to said instructions, after the game against Panama at MR stadium, it was clearly evident to me that something was wrong with the team!
No sense or urgency,passion,fight and no willingness to increase the intensity level of play! That continued until the match against Honduras where the team played the dam game like ah fete match!
Maturana have to take blame.....so does de players!

My 2cents!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 09:02:43 AM »
not surprised, now can the players please play some real football and stop playing with the nations future >:(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 09:29:22 AM »
So Mutiny on d Bounty is d book of the month on Oprah?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 10:21:17 AM »
One could read anything into it, but the concern of the players not giving their all was certainly recognised by Yorke and Latas.

According to reports in the media, Yorke reported 'blew out' the players during the half time and especially after the game.  Maturana had very little to say...maybe because of the language barrier ?

Warner also said that Yorke and Latas were very vocal after the game (in the change room) and questioned the patriotism and 'heart' of some of the players and let them know that it was the last straw and those who wasn't prepared to give 100% could ride out now.

Is probably no wonder they came out in a somber mood afterwards.  When yuh get the blow out from one of yuh own, it does hurt much more.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 10:22:02 AM »
none sold out. first of all...since Mats reach, the team has often looked awful and we often overlooked it because we got the right result. so it's hypocritical to act like all of a sudden the players might have thrown a game. they finally buck up against a really competitive side and get rinse...actually...not true, semifinal round against the US was worst imo. and the team get rinse before that against worse teams

if anything, the players have proven they'd never purposefully sell out T&T. Too many playersget a lot of grief from their clubs for playing for T&T. We all know that KJ, Carlos, Yorke, Birchie, Scotland and many others are constantly pressured by their clubs to abandon the national team...and even with all the grief of the blacklist etc..they all want to come and rep during WC qualifiers. And it's not just foreign based..we know some local players are pressured by their clubs to turn their bakc on the national team. IN any case..out local players are probably aware they are one shte performance away from never wearing the national uniform again..so it most likely they fighting the matches the most..even if their actual performance was wanting.

The players who don't want to rep, rather make up an injury and hide behind their club (and clubs are more than willing to provide the smoke screen), or claim to be needed more in a more important club game than be a sub for T&T (Scotland in the FA Cup for Swansea for example). You see..imo, there are two types of players...those who are 100% team players, and those who are out for themselves. Neither type of player has any incentive to purposefully sell out a WCQ. No need to explain the former...for the latter, you just have to think of the potential personal benefits of qualifying for a WC. Noone's flying all the way across the Atlantic to purposefully sell-out a game, look like a shittong and risk being dropped for his troubles.

If anything, IF there was a falling out with Maturana, then he probably didn't get the most out of players. But not becasue they personally sabotaged the team..but because on some mental level, they didn't start the game with the righ level of belief in the team and their prospects and from there on it is easier to be frustrated, lose confidence etc...Kinda like any other job. If the office atmosphere is poor, you performance will not be as great as in an ideal work environment. You doh have to be trying to get the boss fired for that to happen

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 10:49:11 AM »
One could read anything into it, but the concern of the players not giving their all was certainly recognised by Yorke and Latas.

According to reports in the media, Yorke reported 'blew out' the players during the half time and especially after the game.  Maturana had very little to say...maybe because of the language barrier ?

Warner also said that Yorke and Latas were very vocal after the game (in the change room) and questioned the patriotism and 'heart' of some of the players and let them know that it was the last straw and those who wasn't prepared to give 100% could ride out now.

Is probably no wonder they came out in a somber mood afterwards.   When yuh get the blow out from one of yuh own, it does hurt much more.

U mean somber before or after d party? ;D

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »
Maturana and staff have reportedly resigned because they felt they did not have the full support of the players.

Do you think it's POSSIBLE that the players "sell out" did not give of their best in de game against de USA and if so, a possible explanation might be in hopes of getting rid of de coach?

Could this be the explanation for such a putrid performance by our allegedly "best" and professional players?

Thanks.

First of all he eh 'resigned' ...second if yuh really believe de players 'sell out' dey den ah have nice bench by de hollows rong de savanah going cheap cheap ...yuh interested .Come man Palos yuh smarter than this thread .....Oh and before ah go MATURANA IS AH FORKING GOAT ...doh vex is de troot .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009, 12:07:23 PM »

Thanks.

First of all he eh 'resigned' ...second if yuh really believe de players 'sell out' dey den ah have nice bench by de hollows rong de savanah going cheap cheap ...yuh interested .Come man Palos yuh smarter than this thread .....Oh and before ah go MATURANA IS AH FORKING GOAT ...doh vex is de troot .

Aaaaaaaaahhhh.  Yuh reach.  Ah was wonderin how long it would take yuh...8)

So check meh...same goat was "in charge" when we did play Guatemala in Guatemala.  Weaker team yes...but situation, circumstances, venue, & atmosphere was much more hostile.  Team not jes show FIGHT, but HEART and DETERMINATION.  Dey show dey CLASS.

Contrast dat to Nashville.  Same goat.  Same players fuh de most part.  Except fuh a couple, NO FIGHT.  NO HEART.  NO DETERMINATION in a venue & atmostphere dat was much less hostile but dis time, yuh in de Hex. 

So how come same players, same goat but radically different performances?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
Yuh in form palos :rotfl:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009, 12:18:29 PM »

Thanks.

So check meh...same goat was "in charge" when we did play Guatemala in Guatemala.  Weaker team yes...but situation, circumstances, venue, & atmosphere was much more hostile.  Team not jes show FIGHT, but HEART and DETERMINATION.  Dey show dey CLASS.

Contrast dat to Nashville.  Same goat.  Same players fuh de most part.  Except fuh a couple, NO FIGHT.  NO HEART.  NO DETERMINATION in a venue & atmostphere dat was much less hostile but dis time, yuh in de Hex. 

Like yuh sharpen yuh 3 canal and waiting fuh meh ... ;D
I have one question fuh yuh ...Did you ever thought the players were 'selling out' or 'sabortaging' before maturana de goat was fired  resigned ?
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009, 12:35:56 PM »

Thanks.

I have one question fuh yuh ...Did you ever thought the players were 'selling out' or 'sabortaging' before maturana de goat was fired  resigned ?

Never you meh breddrin...yuh know me...I not in de gilpin biznezz... ;D ;D

I doh give a rats ass bout Maurana yuh know...contrary to popular opinion.

What concern me is tryin to find a plausible reason fuh dat "performance" in Nashville.

Nutting wrong wit losin.  Teams and sportsmen does lose all de time.  But capitualtion?  Daz a whole nex story breds.

These are we best players (de foreign base ah torkin bout).  Dem is men who cyah say dem eh know to track back a opposin player.  Dem cyah say dem eh know how to play off de ball.  Dis is de same men who show we dey heart and soul against guatemala in guatemala.

So what can account fuh dat display in nashville?  Goat or no goat....de goat wasn't on de field playin.  De goat wasn't de one lookin like deer in headlights.  De goat wasn't de one runnin round like he mad and whenever he get de ball pass it right back to de opposition.  De goat wasn't de one who mistrap 90% of de game.

I jes lookin fuh a explanation breds.  It cyah ALL be de goat. 

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 12:49:06 PM »

Thanks.

What concern me is tryin to find a plausible reason fuh dat "performance" in Nashville.

Nutting wrong wit losin.  Teams and sportsmen does lose all de time.  But capitualtion?  Daz a whole nex story breds.

These are we best players (de foreign base ah torkin bout).  Dem is men who cyah say dem eh know to track back a opposin player.  Dem cyah say dem eh know how to play off de ball.  Dis is de same men who show we dey heart and soul against guatemala in guatemala.

So what can account fuh dat display in nashville?  Goat or no goat....de goat wasn't on de field playin.  De goat wasn't de one lookin like deer in headlights.  De goat wasn't de one runnin round like he mad and whenever he get de ball pass it right back to de opposition.  De goat wasn't de one who mistrap 90% of de game.

I jes lookin fuh a explanation breds.  It cyah ALL be de goat

Ah hope this cud help yuh becuz it right up both ah we alley ...Yuh ever hear ah band blow way de competition semi final night and come final night dey just eh play up to standard ? Arranger count to fast,rythym section was drunk , section leaders pick de right squad only fuh de arranger tuh say dis one and dah one must play ,skaters playing in front ah de judges instead ah de north stand .Choose any one ah dem reasons buh dat doh mean dey 'sell out' or 'sabotage ' ...Now consider Guatemala de semi final and Nashville de final ....Shit happens and it doh help de situation when we have ah GOAT at the helm calling de shots .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:58:39 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009, 01:04:01 PM »

Thanks.

Ah hope this cud help yuh becuz it right up both ah we alley ...Yuh ever hear ah band blow way de competition semi final night and come final night dey just eh play up to standard ? Arranger count to fast,rythym section was drunk , section leaders pick de right squad only fuh de arranger tuh say dis one and dah one must play ,skaters playing in front ah de judges instead ah de north stand .Choose any one ah dem reasons buh dat doh mean dey 'sell out' or 'sabotage ' ...Now consider Guatemala de semi final and Nashville de final ....Shit happens and it doh help de situation when we have ah GOAT at the helm calling de shots .

So basically, yuh jes sayin it was a off night and Stern was drunk on de field. Arrite den  ;D ;D ;D

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »

Thanks.

So basically, yuh jes sayin it was a off night and Stern was drunk on de field. Arrite den  ;D ;D ;D

Yuh not easy nah  ;D     :rotfl: :rotfl: ...Eh eh ah blame de section leaders fuh picking de wrong squad and den putting dem on de grandstand side tuh play ...yuh know how fork up dem section leaders cud be  ::)  ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:13:39 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »

Thanks.

Yuh not easy nah  ;D     :rotfl: :rotfl:
:rotfl:
Palos, I feel as it is easter that you get away :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>