May 18, 2024, 12:53:44 AM

Author Topic: FC Barcelona Thread.  (Read 13999 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FC Barcelona Thread.
« on: August 10, 2006, 04:00:53 PM »
Mods please don't merge this thread with the Barca v America thread....it's completely different !  :beermug:

Ok I was able to run away from the office today to witness Barcelona's public appearance at the opening of a new turf field in Sarah Roosevelt Park a few blocks from my apartment in the lower east side Manhattan. The only notable absentee was Ronaldinho who claimed to be feeling ill (yeah right)...

The team came out on stage, Rafael Marquez and Carles Puyol did two public interviews with actress Julia Styles, then Thuram, Zambrotta, Marquez & Puyol played 4 v 4 against some 5 yr old toddlers. I think the toddlers won which was a good sign for Madrid this season  ;D.....

Filho was down there too...He's a Barca man, so he was liking himself...

Anyways, it was a crowded NIKE event so it was difficult to get very close to the players (well not close enough to take pics with), but I did manage to get Tiago Motta's autograph & and I reached over the crowd to blindly snap some pics...some of which didn't come out too bad...enjoy:

Van Bommel, Van Bronkhorst, Zambrotta & Iniesta

Motta signing autographs

V.Valdes, Giuly & Edmilson

Deco, Esquerro, Van Bommel, Messi & Van Bronkhorst

Beletti, Jorquera & Saviola

Puyol & Marquez

Marquez

Edmilson & Gujohnsen (face hidden)

Beletti & Silvinho (head turned)

Motta, Van Bronkhorst & Deco

Giuly & Xavi...yeah yuh could tell they posed for this pic  :D

Rijkaard's head  ;D ;D

Motta's autograph
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 11:58:52 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barcelona in Manhattan- Disgruntled & co eat yuh heart out !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 04:09:19 PM »
Kicker best post I have seen you produce in awhile make that ever..Nice work :beermug: :beermug:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 04:19:07 PM »
Mods please don't merge this thread with the Barca v America thread....it's completely different !  :beermug:

Ok I was able to run away from the office today to witness Barcelona's public appearance at the opening of a new turf field in Sarah Roosevelt Park a few blocks from my apartment in the lower east side Manhattan. The only notable absentee was Ronaldinho who claimed to be feeling ill (yeah right)...

The team came out on stage, Rafael Marquez and Carles Puyol did two public interviews with actress Julia Styles, then Thuram, Zambrotta, Marquez & Puyol played 4 v 4 against some 5 yr old toddlers. I think the toddlers won which was a good sign for Madrid this season  ;D.....

Filho was down there too...He's a Barca man, so he was liking himself...

Anyways, it was a crowded NIKE event so it was difficult to get very close to the players (well not close enough to take pics with), but I did manage to get Tiago Motta's autograph & and I reached over the crowd to blindly snap some pics...some of which didn't come out too bad...enjoy:

Glad tuh see yuh went and observe the team that going and kicker Real Madrid tail properly ...yuh sure yuh went on yuh own or Fihlo puh ah gun tuh yuh head  ;D 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 04:20:07 PM »
boy I real facking jealous
anytime I did know they was having all d at I was coming NY fo sho
Kicker boy I truly jealous, yuh standing less that 5 feet from Messi (the 2nd coming) who I watch on tv last night

one question though

what Deco have on he head?
ah Shower cyap

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 04:23:45 PM »

what Deco have on he head?
ah Shower cyap

hahaha...it was like a wool skull cap....it look slight jokey but not as bad as it look in the pic

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 04:43:19 PM »
Kicker ah sure yuh push down all de old women and children to get so close!!   ;D well done!!

Puyol: "Who de Fack is this man gettin on wild so to take ah pic!!?"

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »
Well done, Boss, if I had known about this I would have run away from work............earlier!

:chilling:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 04:52:38 PM »
Well done, Boss, if I had known about this I would have run away from work............earlier!

:chilling:

Yeah I heard about it late and the weather was not the best or I woulda rallied the NY forumites

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 05:03:52 PM »
horse yuh in a mess for not letting me know
i eh do shit in work dis afternoon
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 05:11:34 PM »
Thanks boss, with dem pics yuh get meh real excited fuh de new season. Barcelonahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »
fellas..it was real cool. I link up with kicker and we take a chance and went down even though it was real raining at the time. but the sky clear up and tings was nice. we shoulda link the NY forumites but we really didn't know if it was going to come off fus it was real raining.

It was down on Christie and Stanton at around 4pm. First they had the fellas on a stage. A small cute spanish and Julia Stiles was also on stage interviewing them..but before that, the small Spanish call dem one by one and after each anme the crowd of about 200 or so roar. When they reach the end, they ahd to apologize for Ronaldinho who wasn't feeling well and well...I feel he pull a star boy ting and eh show up....

Then Julia Stiles show off her Spanish and she and the smallie interviewd Puyol and Marquez. After that, like kicker described, Zambrotta, Thuram, Marquez and Puyol get mash up by some youths ina  4 a side small goal sweat. After about 10-15 minutes of that, they signed autographs and left. Motta stayed behind to sign more than anyone else. 

Interesting things to note:

1) Zambrotta much bigger than he looks on TV and he have a wicked bandy leg. He kinda look like the Count from Sesame Street
2) Motta finally take a trim and he is the biggest man on the squad..must be about 6-2 , 6-3 easy. Edmilson might be a lil' taller but not as big. Now only for Ronaldinho, Marquez and Puyol to realize they need a trim too.
3) Iniesta win the prize for most regular looking fella. For a deadly baller he just look like a regular fella who woulda get lost in the crowd if he wasn't wearing a Barca shirt.
4) While the small goal was going on a DJ was rocking a samba beat and Motta real like heself and play he grooving like a Brazilian.....Thuram and the fellas playing small goal was getting real kicks and interracting with the youths...pretended to foul them and thing, and eating the shake real nice
5) I suspect Godjohnson is ah albino  ;)

Yeh man..it was nice to see my team in the flesh. Good times..nice pictures boy kicker.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 06:42:45 PM by Filho »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 06:54:07 PM »

I eh feel he more white than Iniesta
Iniesta does look like he one step from being ah dracula

Més que un club.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 07:22:56 PM »
Lovely pics kicker...BTW the man who pic you dont noe is ALBERT JORQUERA....teh goalie who played the second half against america .and former number one b4 valdes start to get on bad with he saves..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 07:28:04 PM »

The game ent even self going on and he still looking like he want to kill somebody.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 07:32:03 PM »

I eh feel he more white than Iniesta
Iniesta does look like he one step from being ah dracula

Horse, Gudjohnson hair and skin is nearly the same color  ;)
Big player. Kinda big too with a serious hard face. Belletti, Edmilson and Gudjohnson tie for first in the Skeletor prize for the hardest face.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 10:27:59 PM »
Nice pics kicker good job  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 11:47:13 PM »
fellas..it was real cool. I link up with kicker and we take a chance and went down even though it was real raining at the time. but the sky clear up and tings was nice. we shoulda link the NY forumites but we really didn't know if it was going to come off fus it was real raining.

It was down on Christie and Stanton at around 4pm. First they had the fellas on a stage. A small cute spanish and Julia Stiles was also on stage interviewing them..but before that, the small Spanish call dem one by one and after each anme the crowd of about 200 or so roar. When they reach the end, they ahd to apologize for Ronaldinho who wasn't feeling well and well...I feel he pull a star boy ting and eh show up....

Then Julia Stiles show off her Spanish and she and the smallie interviewd Puyol and Marquez. After that, like kicker described, Zambrotta, Thuram, Marquez and Puyol get mash up by some youths ina  4 a side small goal sweat. After about 10-15 minutes of that, they signed autographs and left. Motta stayed behind to sign more than anyone else. 

Interesting things to note:

1) Zambrotta much bigger than he looks on TV and he have a wicked bandy leg. He kinda look like the Count from Sesame Street
2) Motta finally take a trim and he is the biggest man on the squad..must be about 6-2 , 6-3 easy. Edmilson might be a lil' taller but not as big. Now only for Ronaldinho, Marquez and Puyol to realize they need a trim too.
3) Iniesta win the prize for most regular looking fella. For a deadly baller he just look like a regular fella who woulda get lost in the crowd if he wasn't wearing a Barca shirt.
4) While the small goal was going on a DJ was rocking a samba beat and Motta real like heself and play he grooving like a Brazilian.....Thuram and the fellas playing small goal was getting real kicks and interracting with the youths...pretended to foul them and thing, and eating the shake real nice

Yeh man..it was nice to see my team in the flesh. Good times..nice pictures boy kicker.

Wait til yuh see dem men line up to play red bulls on saturday:
Gudjohnson is built like a HORSE!!
Victor Valdes is a solidly built keeper and he does be pacin' the 18-yard box like he possessed or something
Eto'o fit as a fiddle and runnin' every square inch of the field.   Barcelona does USE  every square blade o' grass on de damned field. 
whoever goin to de game on saturday will truly get dey money's worth.  Barcelona are truly a great club and this is a great team.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 11:58:21 PM »
Lovely pics kicker...BTW the man who pic you dont noe is ALBERT JORQUERA....teh goalie who played the second half against america .and former number one b4 valdes start to get on bad with he saves..

Thanks for the info bro  :beermug:....I'll edit the caption

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 01:35:52 AM »
look like saviola ent joinin arsenal then..i jus remember bout that now.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 07:09:44 AM »
NOU CAMP MASSIVEEE!!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yuh might not like us but yuh will respect us - FC Barcelona
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 07:44:12 AM »
I find a couple weeks pass and not a thread about Barca although we beating side 5 and 6 nil.
Men like they lose respect for the Catalan giants.

Sevilla FC 0-3 Barcelona

Lionel Messi struck two late goals as Barcelona brushed aside Sevilla 3-0 to move six points clear at the top of the Primera Liga.

Samuel Eto'o gave the Catalans the lead after 20 minutes and Messi sealed the points with a fine solo effort late on.

And the Argentina forward scored again at the death after Sevilla had been reduced to 10 men following the dismissal of Luis Fabiano.

Barca had seen fierce rivals Real Madrid lose 3-1 at Getafe earlier on and sensed a great opportunity to move further clear at the top of the table.

But they were up against a Sevilla side with aspirations of breaking into the top four.

Sevilla genuinely believed they could get a result from this game and matched the Catalans early on.

Luis Fabiano shot over the bar from distance after 10 minutes as the match began to liven up.

Barcelona took a while to find their rhythm, but soon showed why they had won nine league games in a row prior to last weekend's disappointing 1-1 draw at home to Getafe.

Messi shot just wide after 16 minutes as Barcelona signalled their intent.

Four minutes later they went ahead and Messi, inevitably, was involved.

The Argentinian lost possession on the edge of the Sevilla area, but the rebound fell kindly to Eto'o, who clinically smashed the ball past the helpless Andres Palop and into the top right-hand corner.

The goal had an element of fortune, but Eto'o took his chance superbly to set Barca on their way and claim his 14th league strike of the season in only the 13th round of Primera Liga matches.

Sevilla almost hit back four minutes later, but Luis Fabiano dragged his shot just wide.

At the other end, Palop did well to deny Eto'o as Barca threatened to double their lead.

But Sevilla looked the better side in the remainder of the first half and came close through both Enzo Maresca and Frederic Kanoute in the build up to the break.

And the latter really should have equalised when he was presented with a glorious opportunity three minutes before the interval.

Kanoute was left alone in the box as Barca got their offside trap all wrong following a Sevilla free-kick, but the former Spurs striker lifted the ball onto the crossbar with only Valdes to beat.

Barcelona were the better side in the second half and missed several good chances to add to their tally.

Thierry Henry was guilty of squandering several good openings, while Dani Alves was also twice denied by a busy Palop.

But Barcelona went two up after 78 minutes, when Messi headed down a long pass before unleashing an unstoppable left-footed drive past Palop.

It was a moment of brilliance and from then on there was no way back for Sevilla.

Luis Fabiano was sent off for an elbow on Sergio Busquets as the home side fell apart in the last few minutes.

Eto'o and Messi missed good chances in the closing stages, but the Argentinian did add another goal in injury time, when he ran onto Aleksander Hleb's pass, rounded Palop and slotted into the empty net.

Barcelona are now six points clear of second-placed Real Madrid, but Villarreal could close to within four points of the Catalans with a win at Recreativo Huelva on Sunday.

Sevilla will stay fifth, whatever happens on Sunday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/INx7AjrinKQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/INx7AjrinKQ</a>

Més que un club.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yuh might not like us but yuh will respect us - FC Barcelona
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 08:18:34 AM »
Like allyuh self...

after one time is two time!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:30 AM »
Barca is looking quite impressive, been fortunate enough to see about 6 of their games for the season thus far, including the demolishing of Valladolid.  Last week you could see they missed Lionel (vs Getafe), but the bench is quite deep.  Hope they keep it up and run away w/the league and not allow complacency to step in.  CL should be a reasonable target too
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 08:30:53 AM »
they playing very attractive football and nice to watch.

i like arsenal but i love football more and whoever playing it would get the nod fuh 90 mins
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2008, 08:53:06 AM »
i will say, barca playing the prettiest football in europe right now IMHO. pep get them together after a rough start.

BTW, i playing as barca in PES 2009. just make it to the quarters of the champions league after beating chelsea 1-1 on agg. courtesy of a henry away goal. man u next.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 09:55:56 AM »
barca playing de best set ah football in europe currently. CL is definitely a viable option for them to win! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2008, 10:34:10 AM »
Barca was always and has always played beautiful football. Last year they fell into a slump with Ronaldinho way off form and Eto & Messi injured and they simply struggled
to find consistency and score goals. Ronaldinho was released, the defense was beefed up a bit and almost everyone is healthy. In come Pep and what you see now is what it is. All said they still need to deliver silver or else they will fall under the same old criticism of playing attractive and not winning. Sounds familiar! Me I will continue to enjoy their game, regardless.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »
disgruntled that was because i wasnt here.

i did post the thread of the game though it probably on page 2.

blessings to my catalan brethren
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 01:42:09 PM »
Let's see if they go all the way in CL and then they will gain some respect.... :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »
Nah man- I light the fire long time

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=39684.msg491119#msg491119

and I'm a Madrid fan....

but like I say I like football more than I like any club...and Barca is playing football the way it was intended......

so big up!

1]; } ?>