May 17, 2024, 01:35:10 PM

Author Topic: PLAYER/ COACH EVALUATION  (Read 2715 times)

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
PLAYER/ COACH EVALUATION
« on: September 11, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »
This is my analysis of the poor showing by our Nash Team.
I didnt have the luxury to go up to Chicago to view the game in person but thank God for ESPN2. After the national anthems of both countries were sounded, the game started with our warriors lining up in their familiar 4-5-1 formation---

Marvin

Cyd          Makan         Thomas        A. Edwards

Leon         Tesleford

C. Edwards                                     Daniel
                          Theobald

Glenn

Ironically it could be argued that the US lined up in a similar formation with Donovan playing a withdrawn forward role behind Ching, and being covered by Bradley and Krjiestan or what ever the man name is in midfiled. One would think that we would have been able to match them in every position on the field because of the similarity in the line up but as the game wore on it was evident that this wasnt the case. Our warriors desperately lacked ORGANIZATION, LEADERSHIP and that overall BITE on the night. For the most part of the game we ran around like headless chickens. We were totally outclased by a US team that I definitely dont think is more talented than us by any means.

Marvin --- Did aight for what was infront of him. He was constantly called into action...Needs to more vocal to direct his backline.. Him and our defense have to learn to deal with FACKING free kicks.. For God's sake 4 in 3 games that is unacceptable at this level...6

CYD---- POOR, POOR, POOR.. As a captain and leader on the field he was one of the weak links on the night. He had like 3 good recoveries in the game but was mute on the field when our team was sinking.. Need to learn to control and pass.. Recommend St Clair Coaching School....4

MAKAN----Still green and it showed he lost the ball in our box and we almost got bore.. One to  keep UNDER THE WINGS of DENNIS 'TALLEST' LAWRENCE...5

THOMAS--- Hmmmm.. Look lethargic in that back line.. Too too slow.. His awareness was poor.. He kept getting screened out the play when we faced those incoming freekicks. This shouldnt be because he's supposed to be one of our aerial rocks in the back.. Plus ah frigging through pass from 20 yds passed between his legs for the Demsey goal.. jah man...5

A. EDWARDS--- As Makan, made amateur mistakes.. He got beaten for pace a few times but recovered well on a few.. One to keep for sure..Understudy to AVERY.. 5

C. EDWARDS--- Shadow of his ole self.. The man just aint the same Carlos we know.. He not running at players like he used to.. Showed fight but wasnt effective going forward.. 5

LEON--- Did alright in the holding mid position but I think they sat in too much giving the US mids too much time on the ball.. Played well on the ball but seldom turned opting to go back all the time...6

TELESFORD--- HMMMMM... This man is not a MIDFIELDER ppl.. He just doesnt have the awareness nor touch to play there.. The man would run whole day and do the dirty work eh but on the ball he was useless.. BACK PASS after BACK PASS when he had roomm to turn and face the field.. Turnover the ball on a couple of occasions.. And he have to cut out that last ditch sliding tackle bc most times he aint touching man or ball..lol.. 5

K. DANIEL--- Best player for us by far on the day.. His confidence was high.. He ran at the US players, held the ball well and even put in a few crunching tackles.. Ask Demsey...lol.. The man looked the part of a true baller... Keep up the good work...7

THEOBALD--- LAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD... I dont kno where to start..Thought he would have been a leader on the field but as usual he faded.. The man proving to us game in and game out that he not ready for this thing..As our ATTACKING MID, is bad pass after bad pass, he not turning and facing defenders and he crumbling under pressure.. Come nah man bleeder we know yuh better than that.. Get it together fast brudda...4

GLENN--- Hmmm..Touched the ball once in the first half. (Not his fault; just cant play a lone striker role). Caused problems for the US defense everytime he picked up the ball and began running at them... 6

WOLFE--- (On for Bleeder).. Did aight; brought some intensity to the game.. He actually found the back on the net but it was ruled offside. 6

PACHO--- TUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.. I cant understand how your team could be loosing 3-0 and you just sitting on the bench picking yuh nose..steupps.. The man aint even get up and try to motivate his players; then again he cyah really speak ENGLISH..  :rotfl: Imagine No communication from the bench at all.. No adjustments made to conjure the US style of play.. and 1 sub...steuppps..This man is ah joke.. he would get a 2 rating for tutu

OVERALL

NO ORGANIZATION, NO LEADERSHIP, POOR MENTALITY

Pacho and Cornmeal have some explaining to do.
 --The Omission of Tallest in the backline
 -- The use of 1 FACKING sub when we were down 3-0.. Great Tacticians..steups
 -- The lack of Leadership from the sideline.. Pacho just sat there like a puppy with his tail between his leg
     STEUPPPPPPS
 -- It body language and mentaliy of the players and staff alike showed that we didnt come here to win.

WHERE ARE WE GOING FROM HERE?

COME ON WARRIORS.. we have 3 games to make this thing right.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PLAYER/ COACH EVALUATION
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:47:39 AM »
Cyd is a quiet fella so he eh go b shoutin captin as we expect. I find d man did not have a bad game
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »
Cyd had a very brave game, taking on player up the flank and all. As a matter of fact he took on more players than did Carlos Edwards.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:57:43 AM »
Cyd is a quiet fella so he eh go b shoutin captin as we expect. I find d man did not have a bad game

Cyd played with more heart than most of dem fellas.... especially since some men was pulling stones. Akile I really like him.... but he too young and inexperience.... dis was just not a game for him to be a starter in.....! May be by 2010 he go be ready for dem.....!

Telesford was good in college..... but that's the extent of it for me.... he is not an international baller!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 09:57:50 AM »
This is how I saw the team line up:

Phillips

Gray        Thomas     Hislop         Edwards

Leon       Telesford
                    Theobald
Edwards                                   Daniel

Glenn

Ratings:

Phillips - 5... Distribution could have been better but dealt with most attacks or shots he could have and left his line well. Has to take the blame for the 3rd goal should not have hesitated in coming for the cross to punch.

Gray - 6... Defensively played well and was solid on his side but offensively gave up possession too easily. Made some good overlapping runs in the 2nd half.

Hislop  4...  Was not a commanding force in the back line and was exposed on the 2nd goal. Made some poor decisions and hesitant clearances in the 2nd half. Some needlessly errant passes out of touch under no pressure when in possession.

Thomas 5... Better than his central defensive counterpart but still gave up too much room in the first half for the US attackers to exploit, especially on cross ball situations.  

Leon  5... Did not get involved in the game and gave up way too much space in the center of the field.

Telesford... 5  All hustle and no end product. Gave away the ball too easily in midfield and also allowed too much space for the US midfield to operate.

Edwards...6   Started off the game without the necessary fight and urgency but showed more impetus to get forward and attack in the second half. Not helped by the lack of support in the midfield.

Daniel...7  T&T's best player on the night, composed in possession, skillful on the ball and found his man with most of his passes. Not helped either by the lack of midfield support or creativity.

Theobald... 3  Very, very poor. Out of his depth at this level and in that region of the field.

Glenn..... 6  Looked uninterested in the first half and unwilling to forage for scraps up front. Stepped up his effort in the second half but 1 against 4 defenders, there is only so much that could be done.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
Cyd had a very brave game, taking on player up the flank and all. As a matter of fact he took on more players than did Carlos Edwards.
Cyd, Carlos and to a lesser extent Keon were the only players I could honestly ask to leave the room while i blow up on the rest. He may not be captain material but has the heart of lion. As long as he is fit its Cyd and 10 others. Just imagine I used to laugh at this man. The wonders of the Dutch coaching.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:16:09 AM »
I didnt have the luxury to go up to Chicago to view the game in person but thank God for ESPN2. After the national anthems of both countries were sounded, the game started with our warriors lining up in their familiar 4-5-1 formation---

Marvin

Leon         Tesleford

Theobald

Glenn

Ironically it could be argued that the US lined up in a similar formation with Donovan playing a withdrawn forward role behind Ching, and being covered by Bradley and Krjiestan or what ever the man name is in midfiled. One would think that we would have been able to match them in every position on the field because of the similarity in the line up but as the game wore on it was evident that this wasnt the case. Our warriors desperately lacked ORGANIZATION, LEADERSHIP and that overall BITE on the night. For the most part of the game we ran around like headless chickens. We were totally outclased by a US team that I definitely dont think is more talented than us by any means.

Marvin --- Did aight for what was infront of him. He was constantly called into action...Needs to more vocal to direct his backline.. Him and our defense have to learn to deal with FACKING free kicks.. For God's sake 4 in 3 games that is unacceptable at this level...6

CYD---- POOR, POOR, POOR.. As a captain and leader on the field he was one of the weak links on the night. He had like 3 good recoveries in the game but was mute on the field when our team was sinking.. Need to learn to control and pass.. Recommend St Clair Coaching School....4

MAKAN----Still green and it showed he lost the ball in our box and we almost got bore.. One to  keep UNDER THE WINGS of DENNIS 'TALLEST' LAWRENCE...5

THOMAS--- Hmmmm.. Look lethargic in that back line.. Too too slow.. His awareness was poor.. He kept getting screened out the play when we faced those incoming freekicks. This shouldnt be because he's supposed to be one of our aerial rocks in the back.. Plus ah frigging through pass from 20 yds passed between his legs for the Demsey goal.. jah man...5

A. EDWARDS--- As Makan, made amateur mistakes.. He got beaten for pace a few times but recovered well on a few.. One to keep for sure..Understudy to AVERY.. 5

C. EDWARDS--- Shadow of his ole self.. The man just aint the same Carlos we know.. He not running at players like he used to.. Showed fight but wasnt effective going forward.. 5

LEON--- Did alright in the holding mid position but I think they sat in too much giving the US mids too much time on the ball.. Played well on the ball but seldom turned opting to go back all the time...6

TELESFORD--- HMMMMM... This man is not a MIDFIELDER ppl.. He just doesnt have the awareness nor touch to play there.. The man would run whole day and do the dirty work eh but on the ball he was useless.. BACK PASS after BACK PASS when he had roomm to turn and face the field.. Turnover the ball on a couple of occasions.. And he have to cut out that last ditch sliding tackle bc most times he aint touching man or ball..lol.. 5

K. DANIEL--- Best player for us by far on the day.. His confidence was high.. He ran at the US players, held the ball well and even put in a few crunching tackles.. Ask Demsey...lol.. The man looked the part of a true baller... Keep up the good work...7

THEOBALD--- LAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD... I dont kno where to start..Thought he would have been a leader on the field but as usual he faded.. The man proving to us game in and game out that he not ready for this thing..As our ATTACKING MID, is bad pass after bad pass, he not turning and facing defenders and he crumbling under pressure.. Come nah man bleeder we know yuh better than that.. Get it together fast brudda...4

GLENN--- Hmmm..Touched the ball once in the first half. (Not his fault; just cant play a lone striker role). Caused problems for the US defense everytime he picked up the ball and began running at them... 6

WOLFE--- (On for Bleeder).. Did aight; brought some intensity to the game.. He actually found the back on the net but it was ruled offside. 6

PACHO--- TUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.. I cant understand how your team could be loosing 3-0 and you just sitting on the bench picking yuh nose..steupps.. The man aint even get up and try to motivate his players; then again he cyah really speak ENGLISH..  :rotfl: Imagine No communication from the bench at all.. No adjustments made to conjure the US style of play.. and 1 sub...steuppps..This man is ah joke.. he would get a 2 rating for tutu

OVERALL

-- The lack of Leadership from the sideline.. Pacho just sat there like a puppy with his tail between his leg
     STEUPPPPPPS
 -- It body language and mentaliy of the players and staff alike showed that we didnt come here to win.

dread...i watch the game over meh parnah house and by the third goal...ah gone...couldn't take...headache all night....meh girl say yuh see...ah tell yuh so...ah don't wanna to hear...dread you right on the nail....can't put two pass together...no focus, no fight....sometime i know we first hit the coach went we lost game... this for me it hurt not on the lost..but the way we lost...the players know we never beat U.S. that one reason for the players to fight...we need to win this to stay second in the group another reason...and they didn't do that...no heart...them fellas as no shame in their game play

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 10:25:42 AM »
Cyd will always make my team dis is ah man who show wit hard wuk what is possible.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:09 AM »

Marvin

Leon         Tesleford

Theobald

Glenn

I thought he could have done much better on the last goal. He came out halfheartedly.

I disagree.  I thought he was the best defender last night.  He owned Beasley.

Makan is not ready for this level especially when Lawrence is sitting on the bench.

Agree with you on this one.

Agreed.  He needs to learn to read the game better.

I thought he was our best player last night. Apart from the dumb foul that led to the first goal.  He wasn't effective going forward because he had no one to pass to.  Glen was always surrounded by at least three defenders.

He showed flashes but he leaves the left back exposed too much.  He was also a victim of no one to pass to when he went forward

I will keep asking.  Why is this man on the national team? He does nothing in attack or defense.  We might as well put a cone on de field in his place.

If only we had a decent midfield Glenn would be a star.  I like he agressivness in attacking the goal.  

OVERALL

STEUPPPPPPS

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 10:41:36 AM »
Plus this is the third game I that we collected goals on set pieces....

El Salvador, Guatemala, and USA x 2......

Dem need to start learning how to communicate on set pieces....!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 11:44:20 AM »
Interesting study in comparison
jumbonut$ NUFF Omar Midknight
Phillips
Did aight for what was infront of him. He was constantly called into action...Needs to more vocal to direct his backline.. Him and our defense have to learn to deal with FACKING free kicks.. For God's sake 4 in 3 games that is unacceptable at this level...6
I thought he could have done much better on the last goal. He came out halfheartedly.
Distribution could have been better but dealt with most attacks or shots he could have and left his line well. Has to take the blame for the 3rd goal should not have hesitated in coming for the cross to punch.
Made no real mistakes other than the third goal, for which he needed to be more assertive with his backline. Also needs to vary his outlets (pumping it straight up the field won't cut it) (5.5)

CYD----
POOR, POOR, POOR.. As a captain and leader on the field he was one of the weak links on the night. He had like 3 good recoveries in the game but was mute on the field when our team was sinking.. Need to learn to control and pass.. Recommend St Clair Coaching School....4
I disagree.  I thought he was the best defender last night.  He owned Beasley.
6... Defensively played well and was solid on his side but offensively gave up possession too easily. Made some good overlapping runs in the 2nd half.
Our best defender on the night, and the only one who tried to get involved in the attack (particularly in the second half). Suffered from the same symptoms as Phillip in the first half (6)

MAKAN
Still green and it showed he lost the ball in our box and we almost got bore.. One to  keep UNDER THE WINGS of DENNIS 'TALLEST' LAWRENCE...5
Makan is not ready for this level especially when Lawrence is sitting on the bench.
4...  Was not a commanding force in the back line and was exposed on the 2nd goal. Made some poor decisions and hesitant clearances in the 2nd half. Some needlessly errant passes out of touch under no pressure when in possession.
Tactical naivety manifest. Plus, I'm pretty sure it was he who let the ball through to the Dempsey goal (4)

THOMAS
Look lethargic in that back line.. Too too slow.. His awareness was poor.. He kept getting screened out the play when we faced those incoming freekicks. This shouldnt be because he's supposed to be one of our aerial rocks in the back.. Plus ah frigging through pass from 20 yds passed between his legs for the Demsey goal.. jah man...5
Agree with you on this one.
5... Better than his central defensive counterpart but still gave up too much room in the first half for the US attackers to exploit, especially on cross ball situations. 
We always knew he wasn't related to Usain Bolt, but I think he paid the price of playing three high intensity matches in a week. Was pretty much bun by the second half. However his greater experience (as compared to Hislop) showed and he was okay in the air outside of the dead ball situations (5)

A. EDWARDS
As Makan, made amateur mistakes.. He got beaten for pace a few times but recovered well on a few.. One to keep for sure..Understudy to AVERY.. 5
Agreed.  He needs to learn to read the game better.
Gave up too much space to the US attackers, fast enough to compensate for it a couple times, but overall a ratched performance. Not sure who else we have though (as much needed cover for Avery) (4)

C. EDWARDS
Shadow of his ole self.. The man just aint the same Carlos we know.. He not running at players like he used to.. Showed fight but wasnt effective going forward.. 5
I thought he was our best player last night. Apart from the dumb foul that led to the first goal.  He wasn't effective going forward because he had no one to pass to.  Glen was always surrounded by at least three defenders.
6   Started off the game without the necessary fight and urgency but showed more impetus to get forward and attack in the second half. Not helped by the lack of support in the midfield.
Showed flashes of the Rolls Royce of old. His confidence level seemed to be somewhat restore, but he would too often become thwarted by lack of forward outlets and have to go back after gaining ground. Only criticism, tendency to go missing for critical periods of the game, mostly when switching with Daniel/Cyd (6)

LEON
Did alright in the holding mid position but I think they sat in too much giving the US mids too much time on the ball.. Played well on the ball but seldom turned opting to go back all the time...6
5... Did not get involved in the game and gave up way too much space in the center of the field.
Not sure if he was supposed to be a defensive mid, but i definitely didn't see the defense. In the second half he got a little more involved and had a good shot blocked, but globally disappointing (4.5).

TELESFORD---
HMMMMM... This man is not a MIDFIELDER ppl.. He just doesnt have the awareness nor touch to play there.. The man would run whole day and do the dirty work eh but on the ball he was useless.. BACK PASS after BACK PASS when he had roomm to turn and face the field.. Turnover the ball on a couple of occasions.. And he have to cut out that last ditch sliding tackle bc most times he aint touching man or ball..lol.. 5
5  All hustle and no end product. Gave away the ball too easily in midfield and also allowed too much space for the US midfield to operate.
Brought much needed energy to the defensive midfield but forget to walk with the pipelines. A very poor man's Birchall. One of these days, his wild tackles will get him sent off and suspended for several games - provided he actually connect. (5)

He showed flashes but he leaves the left back exposed too much.  He was also a victim of no one to pass to when he went forward
7  T&T's best player on the night, composed in possession, skillful on the ball and found his man with most of his passes. Not helped either by the lack of midfield support or creativity.
Our best player on the night. Very good ball control, not afraid to take on defenders, did some nice little exchanges with the overlapping players, one very memorable beat. However tendency to isolate himself too much on the wing, would like to see him cut in more. Defensively he was average, but i think he would be more involved if he was brought back into the centre. Would like to see him NEXT to Carlos, too bad we'd have no left wing without him. (7.5)

I will keep asking.  Why is this man on the national team? He does nothing in attack or defense.  We might as well put a cone on de field in his place.
3  Very, very poor. Out of his depth at this level and in that region of the field.
Get points for a very good casper impression. This guy seems to be going backwards as far as his performances on the national team go. and he's lucky he wasn't subbed by the 30th minute. Couldn't handle the pressure or the responsability it seems (3)

If only we had a decent midfield Glenn would be a star.  I like he agressivness in attacking the goal.  
6  Looked uninterested in the first half and unwilling to forage for scraps up front. Stepped up his effort in the second half but 1 against 4 defenders, there is only so much that could be done.
Seemed in a different time zone for long periods in both halves. Got a lucky bounce that could have led to a clear shot on goal and didn't read it at all well in the first half. Should have been subbed around the 70th because he was obviously frustrated/hurting/beaten into submission by the US backline when he did try to harry them..  The few times he did get the ball, make some bad decisions and still seems having trouble believing that he is faster than the man opposite him. Would have been so much better with a real target man to play off (5)

Gets an E for effort, but then again it was hard to look lazy when replacing Bleeder. Called offside correctly on the disallowed goal, and is probably the only player other than Daniel and Cyd to get a positive in both matches. Not sure what position he plays though. (6)

PACHO
TUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.. I cant understand how your team could be loosing 3-0 and you just sitting on the bench picking yuh nose..steupps.. The man aint even get up and try to motivate his players; then again he cyah really speak ENGLISH..  :rotfl: Imagine No communication from the bench at all.. No adjustments made to conjure the US style of play.. and 1 sub...steuppps..This man is ah joke.. he would get a 2 rating for tutu

Seemed to have gone into the match expecting us to lose and did absolutely diddly squat in game to change that. If he made the halftime talk credit to im because the guys did look motivated after the break up until the third goal, but his non substitutions weren't inspired. Loses real points for leaving both Glen and Scotland to suffer on and off the field. Until further information re Tallest health comes to light, will get a fat F for playing Thomas - Hislop against such a strong opponent. (2)

Whatever happens, questions need to be asked and answered about
1) Tallest substitution
2) The Hyland fiasco
3) the purpose of benching Scotland for both games
4) the continued weakness on set pieces
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »
you should rate players based on their ability not on what you expect them to do based on some grand level.

Cyd gray is a hard tackler with speed.
he locked down the left flank for the US very little breakdowns defensively on the left side.

So he did a good job.

75% of his passes went to the US team but this is to be expected because technically he is very poor.
I would not give him a poor rating for that because he is not capable of doing it.

The whole team and the coaching staff show know this and the tactics should be adjusted to suit.

I see marvin Andrews play a whole season for rangers and hardly make a bad pass. and he worst than gray.

His team never pass the ball to him under pressure and when he has the ball they give him simple options.

Cyd gray receiving the ball from our midfield with beasly comming at him and we expecting to pass the ball throw 2 americans to a marked carlos.

Not going to happen.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 11:53:07 AM »
you should rate players based on their ability not on what you expect them to do based on some grand level.

he locked down the left flank for the US very little breakdowns defensively on the left side.

So he did a good job.

75% of his passes went to the US team but this is to be expected because technically he is very poor.
I would not give him a poor rating for that because he is not capable of doing it.

The whole team and the coaching staff show know this and the tactics should be adjusted to suit.

I see marvin Andrews play a whole season for rangers and hardly make a bad pass. and he worst than gray.

His team never pass the ball to him under pressure and when he has the ball they give him simple options.

Cyd gray receiving the ball from our midfield with beasly comming at him and we expecting to pass the ball throw 2 americans to a marked carlos.

Not going to happen.

lol KND. I must say this i probably the most sensible post you EVER make ont his forum
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »

So he did a good job.

Not going to happen.

lol KND. I must say this i probably the most sensible post you EVER make ont his forum

Havent read a KND post for about 5 yrs now but you said it was good. Actually it is possibly the best he has ever written. I wonder how he got the 75% though. However I will wait another 5 or 6 yrs for someone to say he write a good post before i read another of his post. This is possibly his one in a million.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 12:20:33 PM »
cyd - 9 -  US didn't really have a left side attack which really unusual I think in no small way thanks to cyd, and he even make runs forward and fight whole game...
marvin - 6 - keepers only get "one chance", and that hesitating on line ting need to sort out.
carlos - 8 - not the carlos we know of old...but sadly the reality is we have a different carlos now...but by the new carlos standards, I love how he fight right thru and tryin'.  God speed, hope he get better.
daniel - 7 - work rate improve a bit towards the end of the match but I would like to see 90 mins of that.  really need to put in more tackles.

everybody else, sorry...makan and thomas wasn't absolutely disgustingly horrible ...with a good amount experience they might be able to do something (but how they going and get experience if we doh play them in games right :) - 2 edged sword - maybe friendlies against better teams than the ones we have been playing ).
akiel.  I don't like when my left back lookn too slow and gettin leave out and ting...better 1st tiem tackles might prevent that.
glenn.......I dunno.....cyah really fault him, but nothing to praise really...well the work rate was good  and he show he could compete with jones and stern and scotland , (roberts? ) for a spot seriously.
telesford...could he play left back?..maybe he might play center back better.
leon - I don't have a comment.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 12:59:14 PM »

I think there seriously needs to be a commission of inquiry by the Gov't of Trinidad and Tobago on behalf of its citizens as to why Theobald continues to get picked AND START in the national team.  I feel he must have some pictures of Jack Warner bulling Camps or something to blackmail them with.  Is donkey years now the man playing UTTER SHIT for we national team yet every coach (BsC, Beenie, Wim, Pacho) selecting the man to start in we midfield - so much so that he start in the World Cup over Latas!  Latas!!  There HAS to be something going on behind the scenes or under the surface here.  No way no how anyone with eyes could watch this man play and pick him to play again far less coaches with International pedigree.

WE AS TAX PAYING CITIZENS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW THE TRUTH BEHIND THEOBALD'S CONTINUED SELECTION

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 01:11:09 PM »
Player Ratings: U.S. - T & T
x Kyle McCarthy

Ah jes bounce dis up on goal.com ... fuh whatever it's worth ...

Tim Howard: The Everton 'keeper had very little to do and didn't look bothered by much of anything. – 6

Heath Pearce: Pearce does not inspire confidence at left back. Carlos Edwards consistently got the better of him all night. When pressured, he was frequently caught in possession or forced into a bad pass. Positional sense needs to improve. Did not impact the match offensively. – 5.5

Carlos Bocanegra (capt.): Does not inspire the confidence Onyewu does, mostly because he just isn't the type of presence to do so and doesn't always clear the ball to the right places. However, Bocanegra rarely puts a foot wrong and made a critical clearing header tonight to deny Glen a certain goal shortly after the break. Led well from the back and remains one of the first names on the teamsheet. – 7.5

Oguchi Onyewu: Onyewu simply dominates the opposition at this level and does not lose headers in the air. Onyewu's aerial win in midfield started Dempsey's goal. Challenging Marvin Phillip on a Beasley free kick set up Ching's goal. Glen didn't get much of a sniff all night. Comprehensive performance. – 8

Steve Cherundolo:
Another promising attacking performance from Cherundolo. Good diagonal service and good width while overlapping. A mixed bag defensively. Correct positioning allowed him to clear Anthony Wolfe's header off the line, but picked up yet another needless booking for a rash tackle at midfield. – 7

Sacha Kljestan: Nervy start gave way to an honest shift. Imposed himself in the tackle as the match progressed and generally looked tidy in his passing. Should have done better than a meager shot when presented with a poor clearance by Makan Hislop. – 6

Michael Bradley (off for Clark, 67): This is the Michael Bradley everyone has craved. Established the tempo early. Switched the ball from side to side with sumptuous diagonal balls. Nipped in front to knock home the opener. Conducted the proceedings in midfield. A man of the match performance. – 8

DaMarcus Beasley: The expectations are high for the Rangers man. In the attacking third, he did well to meet them by chinking Dempsey through for the second and playing the free kick resulting in Ching's goal. But there were rough edges – needless offside positioning, marginal wide play, timid shooting and poor marking on Wolfe's goal-bound header – to show that Beasley hasn't hit form yet. – 7

Landon Donovan: Quiet game on the whole from Donovan. Didn't impose his will on the game like Bradley did, though one might wonder if the tactics were even set up for him to do so. The little passing combinations in the attacking third are his specialty and he always seemed to be around if Ching needed to knock the ball back. – 7

Clint Dempsey (off for Lewis, 78): A fine run and finish masked an otherwise anonymous performance. Good movement again, but there is sometimes a lack of cutting thrust to his game. Must prove more consistently dangerous against better teams. – 7

Brian Ching (off for Johnson, 67): For the system Bob Bradley has chosen, Ching is the best available option to lead the line. He's not a great finisher, as evidenced when he muffed a somewhat difficult chance supplied to him by Donovan in the first half and fired well wide from outside the box early in the second half. But Ching does so many of the little things well – holding up the ball and distributing to Donovan in midfield – that he consistently merits inclusion. Tirelessly worked for the cause and gave the Trinidad center backs fits all night. Deserved his tap-in header for his efforts. – 7

Substitutes

Eddie Johnson (on for Ching, 67): Johnson isn't well suited to Bradley's preferred system. He struggles with balls played into his feet and doesn't perform well with his back to goal. Two meek, sidefooted attempts that were blocked before reaching Phillip won't help his case for displacing Ching. – 5.5

Ricardo Clark (on for Bradley, 67): Will continue to contest the second holding midfield role alongside Kljestan and Maurice Edu. The late diving header blocked en route to goal would have added a nice goal to a solid twenty minutes. – 6

Eddie Lewis (on for Dempsey, 78): Will continue to play a role late in matches because he is without doubt the best crosser of the ball Bradley can find. – NR

Trinidad and Tobago (4-5-1)

Marvin Phillip: Not really at fault on any of the goals. Showed little command of his penalty area and gave up a long rebound or two. – 5

Akile Edwards: Did not make a case for displacing the suspended Avery John from the lineup. Sporadic offensive contributions didn't mask the generally ineffective defending. Reckless tackle on Cherundolo shows he's learned something by watching John from the bench. – 4

Keyeno Thomas:
The calming presence in the center of the Joe Public defense turned into something considerably less stable on this evening. Needlessly wasted possession at the back during Trinidad's first decent spell of possession. Watched Dempsey surge through for his goal without reacting. Ching consistently got the better of him. And he was the better of the central defenders. – 4

Makan Hislop: The gamble to start Hislop ahead of the experienced Dennis Lawrence did not pay off. Painfully slow and all too willing to lunge in when better discretion was necessary. Looked at least one step off the pace on the evening. Even when he did well in recovery, the intervention nearly ended up creating a chance on goal before the break. – 3.5

Cyd Gray (capt.): A mixed bag from the veteran right back. At times, he looked the part when dispossessing Donovan and Beasley. On the other hand, he should have conceded a penalty when Dempsey skipped around him. – 4.5

Osei Telesford: The one safety valve in the middle of the park. Generally found someone in his own shirt once he got on the ball. Tried to put himself about defensively without much success. Active and tireless in the middle of the park while covering significant ground. – 6

Clyde Leon: Paled in comparison to Telesford. Wasteful with the ball at every turn. At one point, John Harkes commented that Leon “was not marking anyone.” The comment surely applied to his efforts on Bradley's opener. Conceded far too much space and was lucky to avoid a send-off for a reckless challenge on Donovan. – 3.5

Keon Daniel:
Ten minutes of scintillating play to start the second half doesn't mask eighty minutes of ineffective play. Service from set pieces left much to be desired. Shows enough pace to be a constant threat, but wasted chances to cross and create more dangerous opportunities. – 5

Densill Theobald (off for Wolfe, 46): Horrific first-half performance showed an inability to keep possession or orchestrate the counter attack. Lucky he made it to halftime without getting the hook. – 3

Carlos Edwards: Bob Bradley would love to have a player like Edwards at his disposal on the right flank. Lots of running and impetus from him. Always looking to go forward without neglecting his defensive duties. Unfortunately for Edwards, there wasn't a ton of support from his teammates. – 7

Cornell Glen: Tough to fault Glen for much of his ineffectiveness tonight. Plowing the lone furrow against Onyewu and Bocanegra isn't an easy task. Managed to get his head down to a low cross, but could only turn it over the bar. Struggled for service, but didn't necessarily capitalize on it when it finally arrived. – 5

Substitutes

Anthony Wolfe (on for Theobald, 46):
Added something significant with his willingness to attack. Unlucky not to get a goal when Cherundolo cleared off the line. Had another attempt ruled out for off-side. If there was an attacking move for T&T, the chances were good that Edwards and Wolfe were prominently involved. – 6.5

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »

I think there seriously needs to be a commission of inquiry by the Gov't of Trinidad and Tobago on behalf of its citizens as to why Theobald continues to get picked AND START in the national team.  I feel he must have some pictures of Jack Warner bulling Camps or something to blackmail them with.  Is donkey years now the man playing UTTER SHIT for we national team yet every coach (BsC, Beenie, Wim, Pacho) selecting the man to start in we midfield - so much so that he start in the World Cup over Latas!  Latas!!  There HAS to be something going on behind the scenes or under the surface here.  No way no how anyone with eyes could watch this man play and pick him to play again far less coaches with International pedigree.

WE AS TAX PAYING CITIZENS HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW THE TRUTH BEHIND THEOBALD'S CONTINUED SELECTION

Ah tink yuh mite be onto someting dey, consistently included by several coaches w/little to no results,yuh make meh buss out and laugh loud here at wuk doh, is a wonder nobody come over and ask meh to share de joke
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »
Player Ratings: U.S. - T & T
x Kyle McCarthy

Ah jes bounce dis up on goal.com ... fuh whatever it's worth ...

Tim Howard: The Everton 'keeper had very little to do and didn't look bothered by much of anything. – 6

Heath Pearce: Pearce does not inspire confidence at left back. Carlos
Edwards consistently got the better of him all night. When pressured, he was frequently caught in possession or forced into a bad pass. Positional sense needs to improve. Did not impact the match offensively. – 5.5

Carlos Bocanegra (capt.): Does not inspire the confidence Onyewu does, mostly because he just isn't the type of presence to do so and doesn't always clear the ball to the right places. However, Bocanegra rarely puts a foot wrong and made a critical clearing header tonight to deny Glen a certain goal shortly after the break. Led well from the back and remains one of the first names on the teamsheet. – 7.5

Oguchi Onyewu: Onyewu simply dominates the opposition at this level and does not lose headers in the air. Onyewu's aerial win in midfield started Dempsey's goal. Challenging Marvin Phillip on a Beasley free kick set up Ching's goal. Glen didn't get much of a sniff all night. Comprehensive performance. – 8

Steve Cherundolo:
Another promising attacking performance from Cherundolo. Good diagonal service and good width while overlapping. A mixed bag defensively. Correct positioning allowed him to clear Anthony Wolfe's header off the line, but picked up yet another needless booking for a rash tackle at midfield. – 7

Sacha Kljestan: Nervy start gave way to an honest shift. Imposed himself in the tackle as the match progressed and generally looked tidy in his passing. Should have done better than a meager shot when presented with a poor clearance by Makan Hislop. – 6

Michael Bradley (off for Clark, 67): This is the Michael Bradley everyone has craved. Established the tempo early. Switched the ball from side to side with sumptuous diagonal balls. Nipped in front to knock home the opener. Conducted the proceedings in midfield. A man of the match performance. – 8

DaMarcus Beasley: The expectations are high for the Rangers man. In the attacking third, he did well to meet them by chinking Dempsey through for the second and playing the free kick resulting in Ching's goal. But there were rough edges – needless offside positioning, marginal wide play, timid shooting and poor marking on Wolfe's goal-bound header – to show that Beasley hasn't hit form yet. – 7

Landon Donovan: Quiet game on the whole from Donovan. Didn't impose his will on the game like Bradley did, though one might wonder if the tactics were even set up for him to do so. The little passing combinations in the attacking third are his specialty and he always seemed to be around if Ching needed to knock the ball back. – 7

Clint Dempsey (off for Lewis, 78): A fine run and finish masked an otherwise anonymous performance. Good movement again, but there is sometimes a lack of cutting thrust to his game. Must prove more consistently dangerous against better teams. – 7

Brian Ching (off for Johnson, 67): For the system Bob Bradley has chosen, Ching is the best available option to lead the line. He's not a great finisher, as evidenced when he muffed a somewhat difficult chance supplied to him by Donovan in the first half and fired well wide from outside the box early in the second half. But Ching does so many of the little things well – holding up the ball and distributing to Donovan in midfield – that he consistently merits inclusion. Tirelessly worked for the cause and gave the Trinidad center backs fits all night. Deserved his tap-in header for his efforts. – 7

Substitutes

Eddie Johnson (on for Ching, 67): Johnson isn't well suited to Bradley's preferred system. He struggles with balls played into his feet and doesn't perform well with his back to goal. Two meek, sidefooted attempts that were blocked before reaching Phillip won't help his case for displacing Ching. – 5.5

Ricardo Clark (on for Bradley, 67): Will continue to contest the second holding midfield role alongside Kljestan and Maurice Edu. The late diving header blocked en route to goal would have added a nice goal to a solid twenty minutes. – 6

Eddie Lewis (on for Dempsey, 78): Will continue to play a role late in matches because he is without doubt the best crosser of the ball Bradley can find. – NR

Trinidad and Tobago (4-5-1)

Marvin Phillip: Not really at fault on any of the goals. Showed little command of his penalty area and gave up a long rebound or two. – 5

Akile Edwards: Did not make a case for displacing the suspended Avery John from the lineup. Sporadic offensive contributions didn't mask the generally ineffective defending. Reckless tackle on Cherundolo shows he's learned something by watching John from the bench. – 4

Keyeno Thomas:
The calming presence in the center of the Joe Public defense turned into something considerably less stable on this evening. Needlessly wasted possession at the back during Trinidad's first decent spell of possession. Watched Dempsey surge through for his goal without reacting. Ching consistently got the better of him. And he was the better of the central defenders. – 4

Makan Hislop: The gamble to start Hislop ahead of the experienced Dennis Lawrence did not pay off. Painfully slow and all too willing to lunge in when better discretion was necessary. Looked at least one step off the pace on the evening. Even when he did well in recovery, the intervention nearly ended up creating a chance on goal before the break. – 3.5

Cyd Gray (capt.): A mixed bag from the veteran right back. At times, he looked the part when dispossessing Donovan and Beasley. On the other hand, he should have conceded a penalty when Dempsey skipped around him. – 4.5

Osei Telesford: The one safety valve in the middle of the park. Generally found someone in his own shirt once he got on the ball. Tried to put himself about defensively without much success. Active and tireless in the middle of the park while covering significant ground. – 6

Clyde Leon: Paled in comparison to Telesford. Wasteful with the ball at every turn. At one point, John Harkes commented that Leon “was not marking anyone.” The comment surely applied to his efforts on Bradley's opener. Conceded far too much space and was lucky to avoid a send-off for a reckless challenge on Donovan. – 3.5

Keon Daniel:
Ten minutes of scintillating play to start the second half doesn't mask eighty minutes of ineffective play. Service from set pieces left much to be desired. Shows enough pace to be a constant threat, but wasted chances to cross and create more dangerous opportunities. – 5

Densill Theobald (off for Wolfe, 46): Horrific first-half performance showed an inability to keep possession or orchestrate the counter attack. Lucky he made it to halftime without getting the hook. – 3

Carlos Edwards: Bob Bradley would love to have a player like Edwards at his disposal on the right flank. Lots of running and impetus from him. Always looking to go forward without neglecting his defensive duties. Unfortunately for Edwards, there wasn't a ton of support from his teammates. – 7

Cornell Glen: Tough to fault Glen for much of his ineffectiveness tonight. Plowing the lone furrow against Onyewu and Bocanegra isn't an easy task. Managed to get his head down to a low cross, but could only turn it over the bar. Struggled for service, but didn't necessarily capitalize on it when it finally arrived. – 5

Substitutes

Anthony Wolfe (on for Theobald, 46):
Added something significant with his willingness to attack. Unlucky not to get a goal when Cherundolo cleared off the line. Had another attempt ruled out for off-side. If there was an attacking move for T&T, the chances were good that Edwards and Wolfe were prominently involved. – 6.5

dread...lucky thing ah read ur post now...if ah did read this last night....nuff headache

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »
it buullsssss
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>