May 13, 2024, 09:40:52 AM

Author Topic: Argentina vs Angola ...friendly ?  (Read 2654 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Argentina vs Angola ...friendly ?
« on: May 29, 2006, 02:15:49 PM »
Just thought I would start a thead for tomorrows game. Argentina meets the ist time qualifiers Angola tomrrow at about 2.30pm  t&T time. The question will be of course who to leave out of the starting line up for Argentina and how would Angola fare against such tough opposition.
Angola got past Nigeria on head to head contests although they fnished with the same no of points. i dont know much more about them and maybe someone else does.
the fans of agentina will of course want to see if Messi plays against Angola tomorrow and if Sorin and Riquelme are recovered enough to play a full game.
The Agentinian coach has never played the same team  since he took over so one awaits the starting line up.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Argentina vs Angola ...friendly ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 03:01:14 PM »
Just thought I would start a thead for tomorrows game. Argentina meets the ist time qualifiers Angola tomrrow at about 2.30pm  t&T time. The question will be of course who to leave out of the starting line up for Argentina and how would Angola fare against such tough opposition.
Angola got past Nigeria on head to head contests although they fnished with the same no of points. i dont know much more about them and maybe someone else does.
the fans of agentina will of course want to see if Messi plays against Angola tomorrow and if Sorin and Riquelme are recovered enough to play a full game.
The Agentinian coach has never played the same team  since he took over so one awaits the starting line up.

Jai John, the thing to see is who starts up front with Crespo.  On an interview on Fox Sports International Peckerman said that Messi would start with Crespo, with him (Messi) playing a forward in teh mould of Henri which is not directly up front but pushing to the wide left side almost as an extra winger when the team is in attack.

Tevez started the last friendly (a 4-0 thrashing of the Argentria U-21 team at home in Buenos Aires) and he played very well, as did Palacio who scored 2 goals.  So the competition is on for the second striker!!!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 03:52:08 PM »
1. is it showing in trini
2.  de coach know de plan by startin messi
3 Jahyouth  Palacio score 3 not two

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 03:59:53 PM »
1. is it showing in trini
2.  de coach know de plan by startin messi
3 Jahyouth  Palacio score 3 not two

here is where E-man is invaluable.
Yes the question will be who to leave out ...in the defence there are options as well. which combination works is more likely the question.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 06:02:29 PM »
After careful consideration this 17 year old was left at home.....
Boy we coulda do wid he !
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7533284602074478271&q=aguero

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 06:06:43 PM »
i would like to see this match,anyone have ah link,whey eman.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 07:10:52 PM »
ah now make yuh out jai john....argentine...nice....ah waiting fuh allyuh....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »
fellas i honestly think we asking e-man for a little too much now......

champions league games, Trinidad games fine....

but now all yuh want a friendly btwn Argentina vs. Angola......steups....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »
This game will be nice. I believe Argentina will be too strong for Angola but both teams will experiment. I think Argentina needs the result more to ease their fans' tension. Friendly losses to England and Croatia..though not crucial, means that they might want a good result a little more than usual at this stage. Argentina has an unsettled forward line..I think Crespo is the only man who sure of his spot up top, because he is the only out and out target man. All the others are mobile, withdrawn forwards. I like Tevez the best between Tevez, Messi and Palacios. Messi will get the run out from the start because, as he stated in article last week..he is not fit. Argentina defense and goalie are their achilles heal...hope Aimar get a decent sweat. He needs to be ready if teams start to manhandle Riquelme. Look out for Lucho Gonzales...most underrated midfielder on that team. Hope he plays

Angola..I know little about....BUT their similarities to T&T are pretty funny. They are drawn in the same group as their former colonial masters...Portugal. This is the match their entire nation is going crazy about. Most of their players make their living in the Portugues lower divisions...sound similar enough yet. Oh and in case you were wondering...they have a hard working, ball winning midfielder call Figueiredo...who so happens to be white , fits in perfectly with the team and shows that skin color ain't that important. I wonder if he gets the same attention by the Portuguese media as Birchall has gotten from the English. Unlike Birchy he was actually born in Angola to portugues parents but left as a kid and spent most of his life in Portugal...nice story for him..especially since he is a bit older than Birchy and this was probably his last chance to play in a WC....(One of the Angolan goalies is white also..but let's not spoil my whole T&T/Angolan similarity angle nah  ;))

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 07:07:28 PM »

It has  just been confirmed that Athletico Madrid has agreed a fee of 23 million euros ( 28 million US dollars ) for this 17 year old. Even more significant than that is the fact that the fee  represents  90% of the value of the player. Independiente has retained 10% !
The player who set a record in Argentina when he made his debut  for Independiente at age 15 is now the most expensive player that the Madrid club has ever purchased.
Well if yoiu think he is overrated look at the video again.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 07:13:09 PM »
ah now make yuh out jai john....argentine...nice....ah waiting fuh allyuh....

hope I didn´t disappoint you today  ::)
with my predictions but I may just extend your wait a bit.
what did you think of Argentina today ?
I hope you reallise how many times the coach changed his formation during the game without any ill effects. This is no one man team. name your team ...if you dare !

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 07:26:51 PM »
what did you think of Argentina today ?
I hope you reallise how many times the coach changed his formation during the game without any ill effects. This is no one man team. name your team ...if you dare !

Hmmmm

A group containing....

Argentina
Holland
Serbia Montenegro
Ivory Coast

Could just turn out to be the 2nd world cup running Argentina doh make it past the group stage.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 07:40:52 PM »
name my team...name my team....who de f#ck yuh think i is boy.....tnt.......coming with yuh realism shit bout we cant do anything in de cup....where was yuh argentine realism for de 2002 cup eh..??...name my f#ckin team.....red  white and black.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 07:45:46 PM »

It has  just been confirmed that Athletico Madrid has agreed a fee of 23 million euros ( 28 million US dollars ) for this 17 year old. Even more significant than that is the fact that the fee  represents  90% of the value of the player. Independiente has retained 10% !
The player who set a record in Argentina when he made his debut  for Independiente at age 15 is now the most expensive player that the Madrid club has ever purchased.
Well if yoiu think he is overrated look at the video again.

:rotfl:...dred you just realize that yuh quote yuhself.....you real like hearing yuhself talk or what.. :rotfl:....

we know yuh love argentina boss...but all yuh beat Angola...so doh start de "I told you so" speach too early nah man.......the world cup ain't even start yet breds.... 

1]; } ?>