May 12, 2024, 01:16:19 AM

Author Topic: Players transfer thead (2008).  (Read 59057 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Players transfer thead (2008).
« on: May 06, 2008, 06:35:11 AM »
Hey fellas, to many transfer news scattered all over the forum and its hard to keep track, so I created a thread for it...

Post all the transfers, speculations, rumours, etc etc. Here....

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 06:45:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Players transfer thead (2008).
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 07:25:21 AM »
From a earlier post:
Samuel joins up at St Johnstone

St Johnstone have signed former Dundee United striker Collin Samuel on a two-year contract.

The 26-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international arrives from Toronto FC in Major League Soccer, where he played for only one season.

Samuel joined Falkirk in 2001 before moving to Tannadice after two years, scoring 14 goals in 66 games.

He has also represented his country 17 times, and played at the World Cup in Germany in 2006.

Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:50:10 PM »
This seems strange.........he only played for TnT 17 times........he seems as if he has been around for so long. 

And Birchall is ah just come and has played more games........interesting.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=532510&cc=5901

Villa's Berger frozen out after Barry comments

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has told Patrik Berger he has played his last game for the club after recent remarks he made about Gareth Barry.

The Czech told fellow midfielder Barry to move to Liverpool if he gets the chance in the summer.

Berger said it was 'the opportunity of a lifetime. Liverpool don't come after you every year' and that 'if I was in Gareth's position I would go there tomorrow'.

The comments irked Villa boss O'Neill and he has subsequently spoken to Berger, who was expected to leave in the summer having made only eight Premier League starts in three seasons, and indicated he will not play any further part in his plans.

'I was really disappointed and surprised that Patrik, with all his experience of dealing with the press, would make such an inappropriate comment,' O'Neill said.

'The sad aspect of it is that we are paying Patrik's wages for him to recommend one of our players to another football club. It's ludicrous.

'I think Pat realises that now and he's apologised. He said he didn't mean a great deal of harm but the harm has been done and he won't be playing any part in proceedings from here on in.'

O'Neill confirmed last week that an offer had been received from Liverpool for Barry but admitted he was keen to keep hold of the player.

O'Neill said: 'Gareth Barry still has two years of his contract left to run and from my two years' experience of working with him, he's not one who would be wanting to break contracts lightly.

'I don't want to be in a position of letting really good players go. Gareth Barry is a really good player who still has two years left on his contract.

'I haven't discussed these things with him yet. At some stage obviously I will do. But the day before probably our most important game of the season is not the time to be discussing it.'

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 04:52:21 AM »
Not ah player transfer ting, but ah football rumour nevertheless. Ah hear some talk dat HCL looking tuh bring ah Pro League side next year.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 08:26:12 AM »
Year after I think. It depends on how things go this year. i think they campaigning in the east zone first.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 09:57:32 AM »
Flamini to AC
Mellberg and Amauri to Juventus (amauri is virtually Juve's now)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Chelsea Summer Transfers/ Transfer Rumours
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 11:06:56 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/08/chelsea.premierleague

Chelsea put down marker in Sergio Ramos move

Real's right-back a summer transfer target for Grant Defender's arrival could herald changes at Bridge...

Chelsea's on-going pursuit of a new right-back has prompted serious interest in the Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos, with Roman Abramovich willing to spend heavily on a small number of high-quality targets to bolster the Londoners' first-team this summer.

Reports emanating from Spain yesterday claimed a deal worth in excess of £50m had already been struck for Ramos. While that suggestion was very premature and the figure quoted vastly inflated - no direct contact has been made between the clubs or with the player's agent, and the Londoners would not stretch to that price for a defender - it is a sign of Chelsea's ambition that they are considering moving for the Real full-back.

The 22-year-old features on a shortlist that is understood to include Sevilla's Daniel Alves, the attack-minded Brazilian defender who is a longstanding target at Stamford Bridge and came close to signing for them back in August, and the Bayern Munich defender Philipp Lahm as potential recruits to fill what has proved a problematic berth at right-back.

Abramovich and the club's scouting department, headed by Frank Arnesen, together with the manager Avram Grant intend to see which candidate offers best value for money. "We know our targets in the market," confirmed the manager last week. "We are working towards the players we want." Indeed, Ramos' representatives are aware of the Premier League club's interest and the Spain international could be persuaded to swap La Liga for England after growing frustrated at Real's apparent reluctance to offer him new terms at the Bernabéu.

Ramos, who began his career at Sevilla, became the third most expensive teenager in history when he moved to Real in 2005 for around £20m, signing an eight-year contract in the Spanish capital. He was initially employed as a defensive midfielder or centre-half but has since established himself at right-back, impressing both as an attacking threat down the flank and defensively to such an extent that the Milan veteran Paolo Maldini recently suggested he was fast developing into "the best defender in the world".

However, his progress has not been reflected in new personal terms, with the defender still locked into the long-term deal he signed upon arriving from Sevilla three years ago. In the interim, other stalwarts of the La Liga champions such as Iker Casillas, Guti and Raul have signed what Real deem to be "contracts for life" with Ruud van Nistelrooy also putting pen to paper on a new deal this season. That has prompted some resentment in Ramos' camp. Ramos would offer real pedigree with Grant unconvinced that Juliano Belletti, the Brazilian signed last summer from Barcelona, or Paulo Ferreira are the long-term answer at right-back.

Grant has had only one transfer window in which to mould this squad into something approaching his own, recruiting Nicolas Anelka from Bolton and the Serbian defender Branislav Ivanovic from Lokomotiv Moscow in January. The 23-year-old centre-half has yet to make a first-team appearance and has been recruited very much with next season in mind. Yet, while Grant would ideally only add around three or four top-class players to his current set-up ahead of next term, he is braced to lose squad players who have failed to make their mark at the club this season. Those would include Steve Sidwell, who is interesting Everton, Claudio Pizarro and the former Bolton centre-back Tal Ben Haim. Andriy Shevchenko is expected to rejoin his former club, Milan, after an unconvincing stay in English football.

There are also concerns that some first-team regulars, such as Didier Drogba and Ricardo Carvalho, could agitate for a transfer to rejoin Grant's predecessor at Stamford Bridge, Jose Mourinho, when the Portuguese ends his exile from the game in the summer and takes up the reins at another club.

Their departures would be resisted though, should Chelsea end up being stripped of their services, Abramovich would sanction lavish purchases to replace them

...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 05:34:38 AM »
Dennis Lawrence and Kevin Austin have been offered new one-year contracts by Swansea.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 07:16:27 AM »
Great news for Lawrence and Austin.....more so for Austin. De way he was riding pine I thought this was going to be his last season with Swansea!

Well done fellas!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Peter Crouch up for sale.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Crouch up for sale.
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 11:57:37 AM »
http://www.soccernews.com/crouch-put-up-for-sale-for-15million/1810/

Who will pick him up and for that price??

He is a good goal scorer...Maybe Spurs(since we going and take Berba  ;D )...Newcastle...City..Pompey

those 4 teams can afford him

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 12:04:25 PM »
I will hate tuh see him leave... :-\but ah guess if someone have tuh go it would likely be him..

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »
that boy is shit

he cyah even make Tobago United bench

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 12:18:18 PM »
Wey de garage is?
Ah need a hat/coat rack.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 02:56:41 PM »
Dennis Lawrence and Kevin Austin have been offered new one-year contracts by Swansea.

Amen
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »
Rumour has it there will be a deal involving Crouch and Gareth Barry between Liverpool and Villa...I would like Crouch to stay at Liverpool, but I don't blame him for wanting to move and get first team football.  :beermug:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »
no love for cheaters :devil:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »
Ent Babalawo.....sssttteeeuuppppssss......waste of thread....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »
that boy is shit

he cyah even make Tobago United bench
nobody ent make ah bench for dem as yet ;D  day does just stand around on de sidelines ;D
 :-[ :-[

no love for cheaters :devil:

Yeah, cut de rope and let de Four Car float away in de Raymoo :devil:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:10:05 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Hleb quits Arsenal
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »
Wenger rocked as Hleb quits

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/09/arsenal.internazionale

Arsène Wenger's desire to keep his Arsenal squad together encountered another setback yesterday when the agent of Alexander Hleb, the midfielder who has been courted by Internazionale, went public with the Belarusian's desire to leave at the end of the season.

Wenger has been enraged by what he sees as the tapping-up of Hleb by the Italian club and has threatened to report them to Fifa. But according to Hleb's agent, Nikolai Shpilevski, there is nothing the manager can do to prevent the player from moving on. "Alexander is preparing to make one of the most important moves of his life," Shpilevski told the Belarus paper Pressball. "He is leaving Arsenal even though they want to offer him a new long-term contract and better conditions. Only time will tell if leaving is the right decision, but there's no way back now. Everything will be cleared up in the next two weeks."

Hleb joined Arsenal from Stuttgart in July 2005 for £11.2m and showed only flickers of talent in his first two seasons, but this time out the 27-year-old has been one of the team's best performers. However, he met up with Claudio Vigorelli, the agent who brokers deals for Inter, in Milan on March 3, the night before Arsenal played Milan in the Champions League. When the meeting was exposed, Vigorelli's associate, Vincenzo Morabito, a leading agent who is well known to Premier League clubs, claimed that the pair had merely gone for an ice-cream. Morabito added: "We are sorry that Mr Wenger took it badly and complained because we have a good relationship with him."

Inter are prepared to offer Hleb a huge increase on his Arsenal salary, leaving Wenger, who only on Wednesday was clinging to the hope that the Belarusian could be talked round, to wring his hands.

Wenger has already seen Mathieu Flamini, the midfielder, join Milan on a Bosman transfer, having refused to sign a new contract at Arsenal, and there are doubts about Gilberto Silva's future. The Brazilian is under contract until 2009 but he does not want to be a fringe player next season as he has this time. Wenger will have talks with him after Arsenal's final match, at Sunderland on Sunday. The goalkeeper Jens Lehmann will also move because his contract, which expires at the end of the season, has not been renewed.

Wenger, though, did receive one piece of good news yesterday when it emerged that Nicklas Bendtner had ignored overtures from Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Werder Bremen to declare his continuing faith in Arsenal.

Bayern indicated via an intermediary that they were prepared to pay €10m for the striker and the other two Bundesliga clubs also made their interest known. "I have heard about these offers from Germany but Nicklas will stay at Arsenal," said Thomas Bendtner, his father. "The only way things could be different was if something unexpected should happen, such as him being moved totally outside of the team, but it's difficult to see that happening as he is playing right now."

Bendtner, 20, has made 39 appearances this season, 16 as a starter, and has scored nine goals. "I've always said that Arsenal is my club and that's where I want to play my football," he said. "When you look at my season and the way it has developed, I see no reason why I should want to change Arsenal with any other club."

The season, though, has again ended without a trophy and Petr Cech, the Chelsea goalkeeper who is chasing a double, believes that Arsenal's attractive football alone will not cause them to be remembered. "You need to get the trophies because in the end, if you take the last three years of Arsenal, I don't think in 10 years people will remember that between 2004 and 2008 they played brilliant football," he said. "No one will remember because they finished fourth and third. History recognises the winners
ARSENE WENGER was staring into an Arsenal abyss last night after Alex Hleb revealed he is the latest star to quit the club.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1143082.ece

Hleb, 27, will buy out the final two years of his contract for £3million and join Inter Milan in the summer.

He follows Mathieu Flamini who snubbed a new Gunners deal to sign for AC Milan on a free.

Boss Wenger also faces a fight to keep Cesc Fabregas after Real Madrid confirmed this week the Spanish star is their No 1 target.

Hleb’s agent, Nikolai Shpilevski, revealed the Belarus midfielder gave Wenger the news face- to-face yesterday.

Shpilevski said: “Alex is preparing to make one of the most important moves of his life.

“He is leaving even though Arsenal want to offer him a new long-term contract.

“Only time will tell if it is the right decision but there’s no way back now. Everything will be settled in the next two weeks.”

Wenger is furious Inter publicly announced they wanted Hleb — who cost Gunners £10m three years ago — and could report the Italians to FIFA.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 07:55:24 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Hleb quits Arsenal
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 06:08:12 PM »
shithounds  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 06:09:40 PM »
cyah blame them

I wouldn't want to stay on a broken shit side either

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »
players want trophies BOTTOM LINE

if barca offer cesc a deal its as good as done, he have catalan blood in he. no way going and play 4 madrid
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 06:17:38 PM »
hmm..

that side crumbling fast.

they lose 2 of their best players for no money.

if they eh careful they could fall out of the top 4.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »
Its the nature of the game, but we'll survive this too ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 07:24:38 PM »
Look like The top Italian sides looking to make a big push for the CL trophy, boy. Watch out, Europe! This off-season lookin' very interesting.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 08:16:43 PM »
cyah blame them

I wouldn't want to stay on a broken shit side either

I wouldn't call Arsenal a broken shit side, they're 4 points off the top of the table.
Barca (17 points away from Madrid) fans shouldn't be calling anyone shit, cause I see them get 4 goals yesterday, only a former Arsenal man get them a consolation.

Hleb might well be leaving, but the title of the thread is a little misleading (for now)
He's not gone YET, i'm sure as soon as its a done deal it'll be confirmed by Inter, not the guardian or sun. If you see the transfer rumors they are putting out already I wouldn't take them as gospel.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 08:19:07 PM »

if barca offer cesc a deal its as good as done, he have catalan blood in he. no way going and play 4 madrid

Players want money, that is the bottom line.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 08:44:03 PM »

Players want money, that is the bottom line.

True. Its a sad state of football.

1]; } ?>