May 20, 2024, 06:11:36 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 639824 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #1860 on: June 28, 2011, 03:04:10 PM »
That fella has all knids of scars on his legs from players leaving their mark on him.

awwww poor fella  :P
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 28, 2011, 03:21:19 PM »
If the youth come Chelsea then no scene, but if not then no scene either..

I might eat my words, but the youth just too nashy. England is not the place to come and learn yuh trade, especially a youth plying he trade as a skills man. Look at Gio Dos Santos. One bad jam from ah arbitrary wildman like Joey Barton or one of them Stoke defenders and he will get sour with England in no time.

Best he go Spain and develop.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 28, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »
I dunno...to me he is alot like Robinho, who flopped in England....he is not and out and out centre forward, he cuts in off the left wing....and he is tiny so he relies heavily on referees protecting him...referees in Brazil blow for the slightest contact...England isn't like that at all. We will see.

I think he's better than Robinho.  Quicker first step, and alot more fluid with the ball.

Also I don't think that Robinho flopped in England because of the football being played there.  I think he flopped because he had disciplinary problems and didn't get along well with the manager...plus I heard rumors of him just not enjoying the lifestyle there in Manchester - Robinho seems to be mentally weak....  Remember Robinho's first season he scored 14 goals in about 30 games....And he played well...Robinho was way good enough for English football...

I don't buy the whole perception that you need to be cut from some specially tough cloth to make it in England... English football is football like anywhere else. It might be a bit quicker and more physical, but players at the highest level can adapt.  You just need to accept it and adapt. Players of all different sizes and styles like Luca Modric, David Silva, Gianfranco Zola, Yossi Benayoun, Fernando Torres, Yaya Toure, Xabi Alonso, Maxi Rodriguez, Antonio Reyes, Alvaro Arbeloa...and the list goes on, came to England from "softer and slower" leagues and played very well in England... some arguably better than before. 

I think a world class player that accepts that he may have to adapt his game and toughen up a bit, and works on it can play well anywhere.  If you're gonna cry about being pushed and kicked and complain that football "should" only be played the way you're used to...then you might have a problem.  I don't know where Neymar falls on that scale. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 28, 2011, 05:13:21 PM »
I dunno...to me he is alot like Robinho, who flopped in England....he is not and out and out centre forward, he cuts in off the left wing....and he is tiny so he relies heavily on referees protecting him...referees in Brazil blow for the slightest contact...England isn't like that at all. We will see.

I think he's better than Robinho.  Quicker first step, and alot more fluid with the ball.

Also I don't think that Robinho flopped in England because of the football being played there.  I think he flopped because he had disciplinary problems and didn't get along well with the manager...plus I heard rumors of him just not enjoying the lifestyle there in Manchester - Robinho seems to be mentally weak....  Remember Robinho's first season he scored 14 goals in about 30 games....And he played well...Robinho was way good enough for English football...

I don't buy the whole perception that you need to be cut from some specially tough cloth to make it in England... English football is football like anywhere else. It might be a bit quicker and more physical, but players at the highest level can adapt.  You just need to accept it and adapt. Players of all different sizes and styles like Luca Modric, David Silva, Gianfranco Zola, Yossi Benayoun, Fernando Torres, Yaya Toure, Xabi Alonso, Maxi Rodriguez, Antonio Reyes, Alvaro Arbeloa...and the list goes on, came to England from "softer and slower" leagues and played very well in England... some arguably better than before. 

I think a world class player that accepts that he may have to adapt his game and toughen up a bit, and works on it can play well anywhere.  If you're gonna cry about being pushed and kicked and complain that football "should" only be played the way you're used to...then you might have a problem.  I don't know where Neymar falls on that scale. 

Yeah but all those players you mention there who came to England and acquitted themselves well had already somewhat established themselves in their European leagues before making the move.

The learning curve for a player making the jump from the Brazilian league a whole lot steeper. On top of that there is the cultural and climate adjustment (less of a factor in Spain) and the intensified weight of expectation (more of a factor in the EPL). As a breddren of mine does say, any country with a Carnival doh expect them to last in England too long or have ah career past 28 - cold does bite harder in February lol.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a player in the style and build of Neymar that came to England directly and lived up to the billing. Players like Juninho and Andres D'Alessandro come to mind, players I thought would have been at the very top of the pile in football but fizzle in England.

Even Tevez and Mascherano, who came from Corinthians to West Ham and were physically built better to suit the EPL took a fair amount of time before adjusting.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 28, 2011, 06:14:57 PM »
In other news, Roberto Di Matteo will be appointed assistant manager tomorrow

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 28, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »
In other news, Roberto Di Matteo will be appointed assistant manager tomorrow

allyuh not goin an mess up we scenes with aguero i hope?!!!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 29, 2011, 05:59:14 AM »

Well the starting XI in the Copa will include both Neymar and Robinho (and probably Ganso too, iz gonna be a Santos reunion), so let's see who shines.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 29, 2011, 09:39:14 AM »

Well the starting XI in the Copa will include both Neymar and Robinho (and probably Ganso too, iz gonna be a Santos reunion), so let's see who shines.

Yeah we'll see... I'm hoping that Neymar breaks out in this tournament. 

Regardless of that, even if he doesn't outshine Robinho, I still think he has potential to be better than Robinho (probably a more fair way to describe him at this early stage).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:41:44 AM by kicker »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 29, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »

Yeah but all those players you mention there who came to England and acquitted themselves well had already somewhat established themselves in their European leagues before making the move.

The learning curve for a player making the jump from the Brazilian league a whole lot steeper. On top of that there is the cultural and climate adjustment (less of a factor in Spain) and the intensified weight of expectation (more of a factor in the EPL). As a breddren of mine does say, any country with a Carnival doh expect them to last in England too long or have ah career past 28 - cold does bite harder in February lol.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a player in the style and build of Neymar that came to England directly and lived up to the billing. Players like Juninho and Andres D'Alessandro come to mind, players I thought would have been at the very top of the pile in football but fizzle in England.

Even Tevez and Mascherano, who came from Corinthians to West Ham and were physically built better to suit the EPL took a fair amount of time before adjusting.

I not gonna disagree with anything you said, but the point that was being made (that I was responding to) was about Neymar being too soft and fragile for English football....not that he's unproven or unaccustomed to life in England.  I agree he's unproven, and if it is that he can't cope with the harsh English lifestyle and the climate etc.., then so be it- there is always that possiblity.  Ryan said that his physical attributes are simliar to Robinho, and Robinho failed, implying that he's likely to be destined for failure in England too.  My response was that I don't think that Robinho failed because his football quality or physical attributes...He proved in his first season that he could maintain his prolific scoring record in England... I think Robinho failed mentally in not being able to adjust to the lifestyle, and possibly not being willing to adjust cetain aspects of his game.... so in a sense we are saying the same thing. 

I gave examples of players of different sizes/ physical attributes who came from so called softer leagues and still managed to adapt their game.  If those players completely flopped because of not being able to adapt to the cold etc. or other mental issues, yuh probably would hear about how English football is so physical and dem fellas cyah handle wild kick etc...Just saying, I think a world class player with the right attitude can adapt to play in any league.  EPL football doh have a monopoly on tough guys who could take kick...Whether or not Neymar can adapt is yet to be seen.  In the end, he might fail (if he goes to England) because he can't adapt to the physical nature of the game..who knows? I think its a generally exaggerated probability though. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:05:37 AM by kicker »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 29, 2011, 05:05:41 PM »
Chelsea old boy Juliano Belletti forced into retirement due to achilles injury

Former Chelsea defender Juliano Belletti, 34, has retired from football due to an achilles tendon injury.

The 34-year-old, who won the double at Stamford Bridge, had been at Fluminense in his native Brazil and had agreed to join Ceara.

He scored only once in 102 appearances for Barcelona before moving to London, the winner in the 2006 Champions League final against Arsenal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2009217/Chelsea-oldboy-Juliano-Belletti-forced-retirement-achilles-injury.html

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 01, 2011, 04:56:12 AM »
Supposedly Chelsea are interested in signing Lucio from Inter.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 06, 2011, 03:09:15 PM »
Quick roundup of who we linked wid at the moment:

Scott Dann
Micah Richards
Samir Nasri
Luca Modric
Michel Bastos
Radamel Falcao
Neymar
Hulk

Would love if we at least got Bastos and Modric/Nasri. Praying we doh buy Hulk.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 06, 2011, 03:13:39 PM »

Scott Dann
Micah Richards
Samir Nasri
Luca Modric
Michel Bastos
Radamel Falcao
Neymar
Hulk

I agree thos are who I am most interested in as well.  I would give falcao a look too though

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: July 06, 2011, 03:32:54 PM »

Scott Dann
Micah Richards
Samir Nasri
Luca Modric
Michel Bastos
Radamel Falcao
Neymar
Hulk

What happen to Lakuka deal? Like it just fall of or we get through?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 06, 2011, 11:38:39 PM »

Scott Dann
Micah Richards
Samir Nasri
Luca Modric
Michel Bastos
Radamel Falcao
Neymar
Hulk

What happen to Lakuka deal? Like it just fall of or we get through?

oh yeah, I 4got him. I dunno wha goin on wid dat.

giggsy11

« Reply #1875 on: July 08, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »
Essien hurt his knee again. That fella sounds like he is on his way down!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 10, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »

Modric claims Levy 'threat'

Luka Modric claims Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy threatened to leave him sat in the stands if he pushed for a move away from the club.

The Croatian midfielder has been the subject of sustained interest from Chelsea this summer, with the Blues tabling a £22million bid at one stage.

Spurs have made it clear that they will not be sanctioning a sale, especially to a Premier League rival, and rejected the Blues' offer out of hand.

They have also held talks with Modric regarding his future, with it hoped that they can convince him to ignore the speculation and focus on his duties at White Hart Lane.

The 25-year-old claims that he has been left with little option other than to accept that stance, with Levy having backtracked on previous claims that he would be prepared to discuss a deal.

Solution

"I reminded the chairman of our gentleman's agreement when we were in Dubrovnik last summer and I agreed a contract extension with Tottenham," Modric told Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti.

"At that time, I had an open chat with Levy - that if a bigger club came in with a concrete offer, we would consider it and agree the best solution for all concerned.

"Now Levy doesn't want to talk to me and said there is no possibility that I can leave Spurs. He threatened me - he said if I didn't accept the club's stance, they would make me sit on the bench or in the stands."

Levy held crisis talks with Modric last week and reported immediately afterwards that the player would remain at White Hart Lane, but the former Dinamo Zagreb man has a different view on the success of the discussions.

"A lot has been published in the press about the meeting with Levy, who gave the public a twisted account of what happened," he added.

"I must say that I am genuinely disappointed about what Levy said to me. He didn't care about what I was telling him. It only convinced me further that I was right to consider moving on to another club.

"I hope that eventually he will understand the situation and that we will reach an agreement and go our separate ways in an appropriate manner."

Dream

Modric maintains that joining Chelsea would be a 'dream' for him, adding: "There is no doubt that Chelsea want me - they sent a concrete offer to Tottenham.

"I know that the new Chelsea boss (Andre Villas-Boas) said he wants me in his team. Of course I am flattered by this interest in me - it's a club that all players dream of joining, fighting for every competition available.

"It wasn't a snap decision - I talked a long time with my family and people whose opinions I respect. I thought about it, weighed it all up, and finally decided this was the best option."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 11, 2011, 05:34:53 AM »
Let Neymar stay whey he is or, let him go Real or one ah dem other teams.

Based on what I see so far, it have no way that nashy lil "starbwoy" youth going and survive in England.

All he wanna do when he get de ball is beat, like he feel is Eddie Hart. No amount ah beat go cut it in the EPL, i prefer we bring in a proven clinical finisher like Falcao and run with that than try to pay all dat money for Neymar and then hope he grow a brain.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 07, 2011, 08:56:07 AM »
Seriously! between Chelski and ManCity, spending/buying will their be any footballers left to make up teams to play in the leagues!!

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 07, 2011, 09:04:35 AM »
Seriously! between Chelski and ManCity, spending/buying will their be any footballers left to make up teams to play in the leagues!!

How many players Chelsea buy?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 07, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »

Dry so??

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 07, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »

How many players Chelsea buy?

Probably a reference to Lukaku.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 07, 2011, 09:39:03 AM »
lol

utd win a game and everybody remember it have a team called chelsi.

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 07, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »
I just looking at first team squads, not even reserve squad and seeing they have 48 players and City 42 listed.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: August 07, 2011, 12:11:01 PM »
I just looking at first team squads, not even reserve squad and seeing they have 48 players and City 42 listed.

I not sure where you getting your numbers, but right now I find Chelsea's first team squad is relatively thin. If as a team in football today you want to be competing in all the competitions you have to have 2 quality players for each position.

City is the team buying up players like mad but they will have to shed alot of them before the end of the transfer window to fit in with regulations.

In any case I ain't mad at them its  a fair market. Years ago when the Man Uniteds and Real Madrids were buying up players for buying sake nobody was complaining. Deep down people just don't like that is the new teams on the block that now that have that luxury.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 07, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »
Years ago when the Man Uniteds and Real Madrids were buying up players for buying sake nobody was complaining.

Disagree - Madrid is always get fight dong for throwing money behind the stars... Man U gets away from that even though they usually not shy the splash the cash... I believe it's because they have a rep for bringing players through the youth ranks...Like Barca...Barca iz throw real money around too, but the success of their academy overshadows it....Teams like Madrid, Man City and Chelsea doh have that reputation of bringing youth players through to shield them from that kinda criticism -that's the difference I find... Not saying that they don't have good academies, but the success of their academy system is overshadowed by the deep pockets...unlike Man U and Barca for e.g.

Deep down people just don't like that is the new teams on the block that now that have that luxury.

I could agree with this to an extent, but I still think it comes down to showing that you have a development program that produces as well as having deep pockets....

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: August 08, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
chelsea can never have over 40 first teamers as it is a requisite in the BPL and CL to post a listed squad of 25 players ....what would the extras be doing?

As for chelsea buying up all the players in terms of quantity you'd need to combine january and this window to match the amount of players that teams like liverpool and city have bought in this window alone.

Chelsea does have a thin squad which was their problem this season when the hit the bad patch....the perenial performers were either injured sick or underpar and the youths who steped in because of a lack of previous experience were not ready to handle that pressure....this year though the youths seem prepared. WE have two leftbacks (van anholt and bertrand) and another coming through the ranks (ben gordon)  capable of replacing Ashley Cole...and im sure that we have had MORE players than any club in europe competing in FIFA YOUTH INTERNATIONAL tournaments this summer so the future is bright for the academy.

All thats needed is really that creative force a Modric or hopefully a sneijder ...somebody with the ability to change a game with a bit of magic....something we have been TRULY lacking since Zola left.

and i say TRULY because i harbored hopes that twinkle toes Joe Cole and Robben would have been our catalyst but as you can see they are no longer with the team and thus havent achieved what zola did ( a european cup)

giggsy11

« Reply #1887 on: August 08, 2011, 05:12:34 PM »
Does he play wing, midfield or right back? Areas/positions that I think Chelski need players for.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 08, 2011, 05:27:32 PM »
As for chelsea buying up all the players in terms of quantity you'd need to combine january and this window to match the amount of players that teams like liverpool and city have bought in this window alone.

Liverpool bought three players during this summer transfer window... what you talking about?  So far this summer Chelsea has already signed Romeu and Lukaku and aggressively courting Modric and Sneijder.  Just with the two teenagers alone, plus Torres and Luiz from January and  allyuh surpass the three we signed this summer... refuting your statement.

giggsy11

« Reply #1889 on: August 08, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »
United does not have a history of buying/ chasing players they don't need so that player wouldn't go to a rival like Chelski did when Roman started shellin money. just tuh park dem on the bench. SWP, Sidwell, Ballack to name a few. Poor SWP hasn't seen his way since!  :(
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:38:25 PM by Giggsy11 »

1]; } ?>