May 15, 2024, 05:25:40 AM

Author Topic: Foreign Fundraising for SOCAWARRIORS  (Read 2839 times)

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Foreign Fundraising for SOCAWARRIORS
« on: September 08, 2005, 11:30:30 AM »
Since we have so much passion on this site, who is will for us to work together and build a foundation to raise money toward the development of football in T&T so that we can have a better experience come 2010?  I am not looking for excuses I am looking for doers and thinkers.  What is your pleasure?  I am making the first pledge of $500.00.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Foundation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 11:51:37 AM »
Good luck soliciting funds, support, and ideas over the internet from people who don't know you, and have no specifics or details about the concept of a fund raising foundation or about where the money is exactly going to.....

The idea of a football foundation is noble, but if you expect people to jump up and and scream "I'll support, I'll donate !!!" after reading a cryptic one liner, I suggest you take a course in "the importance of an effective sales pitch and a compelling business plan"

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:36:14 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 01:53:22 PM »
How you mean?
I dunno dat man but i ready to give him all my money  ;D
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 02:14:05 PM »
NC,

Send me all your bank information, I will wire some funds into your account.............

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 02:26:10 PM »
Kicker, Marcos...I hadda dis you program dis rounds  :devil:

I doh read it like the man soliciting funds. He says he looking for doers and thinkers...people who willing to work together toward a solution for TnT ball. He using a donation to incentivize men to start brainstorming...he will donate the first $500 as a promise, once we come up wit' something. Read it again and see if you agree.....

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 02:37:09 PM »
NC,
I would support suchha foundation if you could findda way to make it legally accountable some kindda independent agency. Dat way dee foundation's funds are not squandered or mismanaged.

I havva suggestion! Let's call it Dee Make CarenageBoy Rich Foundation!  ;D

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 03:00:12 PM »
Filho & Palos seems to be among the few that is clicking.  Again, if anyone is interested e-mail me, we will get to know each other, work together to develop this thing.  I did not ask anyone to send me money.  But the reponse of Kicker and Marcos is typical of our population.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 03:04:03 PM »
All joking aside, I would support this. My only reservation is accountability.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 03:18:07 PM »
Kicker, Marcos...I hadda dis you program dis rounds  :devil:

I doh read it like the man soliciting funds. He says he looking for doers and thinkers...people who willing to work together toward a solution for TnT ball. He using a donation to incentivize men to start brainstorming...he will donate the first $500 as a promise, once we come up wit' something. Read it again and see if you agree.....

I dunno about Marcos, but I didn't mean that he was strictly soliciting funds from the forumites. I understood where he was coming from. If you check my post, I said good luck in soliciting support, ideas, and funds, from people who don't know you yadda yadda.......I worded it like that because the pioneers of any foundation, apart from coming up with ideas, may invest as well.......An attempt at a foundation through a players association formed over the internet is very bold.  Yuh dunno who yuh dealing with, and with money matters comes many an agenda...... it may also be difficult/almost impossible to establish credibility form potential donors of funds...........

I commended the idea, but issued a caveat against the means. The level of skepticism that will be involved is very high, and hence people's unwillingness to step up, even if it's just to throw out an idea......People are usually very skeptical when it comes to their own intellectual property.

That's why I said if you really love Trinidad football, and believe that all it takes is an idea and funding you're better off coming up with a business plan and a sales pitch (a football oriented business of course)...and take that to potential corporate sponsors, and possibly seek to develop it on a larger scale over time.....these things usually need to start small....(yeah I realize I delivered it with a hint of cynicism..my bad)

That was my point. Maybe it's that same skepticism that retards progress....but that is where I was coming from. I didn't mean to come off as cynical as I did...cause believe me, I've thought about the same thing many times.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:56:35 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 06:35:09 PM »
Kicker, Marcos...I hadda dis you program dis rounds  :devil:

I dunno about Marcos, but I didn't mean that he was strictly soliciting funds from the forumites. I understood where he was coming from. If you check my post, I said good luck in soliciting support, ideas, and funds, from people who don't know you yadda yadda.......I worded it like that because the pioneers of any foundation, apart from coming up with ideas, may invest as well.......An attempt at a foundation through a players association formed over the internet is very bold.  Yuh dunno who yuh dealing with, and with money matters comes many an agenda...... it may also be difficult/almost impossible to establish credibility form potential donors of funds...........

I commended the idea, but issued a caveat against the means. The level of skepticism that will be involved is very high, and hence people's unwillingness to step up, even if it's just to throw out an idea......People are usually very skeptical when it comes to their own intellectual property.

That's why I said if you really love Trinidad football, and believe that all it takes is an idea and funding you're better off coming up with a business plan and a sales pitch (a football oriented business of course)...and take that to potential corporate sponsors, and possibly seek to develop it on a larger scale over time.....these things usually need to start small....(yeah I realize I delivered it with a hint of cynicism..my bad)

That was my point. Maybe it's that same skepticism that retards progress....but that is where I was coming from. I didn't mean to come off as cynical as I did...cause believe me, I've thought about the same thing many times.

First, no one is attempting to start anything over the internet, but as a business owner myself I know that it is very difficult to find people that have not been "Willie Lynched" ... tryst me I understand the problem, especially among Trinis.  Why is it that African people can form foundations and send Millions of dollars back to their native land to fund their interest (medicine etc) and we as a people fail to do anything other than bump our gums?

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Foreign Fundraising for SOCAWARRIORS
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 04:06:12 PM »
Just a suggestion: We want the SOCAWARRIORS to be as comfortable as ever now...not to worry too much about wey dey go geh money from. Ah doh have "mice in mih pocket" buh we could help too. Wuh allyuh tink.

Should there be a place, site, bank account set up so that people from foreign could send money (a lil cacadah) to assist the team? A minimum of $US5 will certainly help. :)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign Fundraising for SOCAWARRIORS
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 04:07:23 PM »
Yeah definitely. A bank account that could accept deposit from anywhere in the world.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 04:07:51 PM »
Behbehman... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dat name right up dey wit Rotato Poti wee.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 04:18:16 PM »
All joking aside, I would support this. My only reservation is accountability.

Yes breds...yuh tink it have anybody in T&T who could be accountable? We need the president (Max Richards) or somebody else with that kind of calibre who will see to it that the WARRIORS will benefit 100%. It's not about me at all...all for the WARRIORS. :)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 04:23:36 PM »
Didnt Anil start a bank account back home for folks to deposit money into that went straight to the players???
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 04:29:07 PM by Tallman »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 04:24:36 PM »

It have some real classics from the new members. Is like people getting more creative now that "Trini- this" and "Trini- dat" are taken.

Yuh have:

KFCSpicy
Cowheel pressure
brush
fosocanatic
michaelgay (see how long this one will last)

And my personal faves:

PTownDarkie
redting
bago hottie
(Feel free to abuse the pm function ;))
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 04:29:33 PM »

Yuh like the name eh Palos?

Yuh know wuh Palos mean? If yuh know the place dey call "Palo Seco" dong south, yuh go know dat it mean "dry stick." So since "Palos" seems to be in the plural then yuh know how much dry stick dat is. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: One love...make ah bundle ah stick and go home Palos. I is ah rel, rel BehBehman...is only T&T know wuh is a behbehman...some people does only look behbeh yuh know

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »
Since we have so much passion on this site, who is will for us to work together and build a foundation to raise money toward the development of football in T&T so that we can have a better experience come 2010?  I am not looking for excuses I am looking for doers and thinkers.  What is your pleasure?  I am making the first pledge of $500.00.

YO BOSS SET UP A ACCOUNT WITH A LOCAL BANK OR SOMETHING...

BUT THEN WE NEED TO KNOW WHERE THAT MONEY GOING....

SHOULD IT BE GOING TO THE TTFA? OR TO SOMEONE ON DE FORUM?

THAT IS THE HARD QUESTION! HOW WE TRACKIN THE FUNDS TO MAKE SURE IT GOES TO FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT???

I THINK EVERYONE JUST HAVE TO DO THEY THING,

PUT WHAT YOU CAN WHEN YOU CAN INTO THE YOUTH FOOTBALL...

EG. MY OLD PRIMARY SCHOOL, JUST BUY 10 FOOTBALLS FOR THEM,

NEXT YEAR THINKING ABOUT SPONSORING DE UNIFORMS

ROTATO WE NEED TO TALK BECAUSE WE DOIN THE SAME FOR WE COFFEE STREET CREW
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 04:34:06 PM by marcus »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 07:30:58 PM »
Sounds like a good way to really show that we is die hard fans.  We need to come up with ah vision, mission statement,and sound business plan.  We will also need to meet with representatives to notify them of our organization.

1]; } ?>