May 18, 2024, 07:21:30 AM

Author Topic: St Clair coaching cop U-10 football.  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
St Clair coaching cop U-10 football.
« on: January 26, 2011, 05:18:09 AM »
St Clair coaching cop U-10 football.
T&T Newsday Reports.

St Clair’s Coaching School were crowned champions of National Under-10 Football Fiesta, after they defeated San Juan Jabloteh 3-1, at the Republic Bank Sports Club, Barataria on Sunday.

This received the $4,000 first prize and automatic qualification into the Under-10 Caribbean Championships, which takes place in Barbados during the Easter break this year.

Ajani Grant of St Clair’s Coaching School was awarded Most Valuable Player and five other players received hampers courtesy Republic Bank.

Jaric Titans took third place after they defeated SKHY 1-0.

Runners-up San Juan Jabloteh received $2,000 worth of equipment and Jaric Titans also received $1,000 in equipment.

Clubs such as Joe Public, W Connection and Trendsetter Hawks were eliminated in the first rounds, where the Tobago teams won all their games and conceded no goals.

Assistant Director of Coaching at the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, Jamaal Shabazz commended the organisers for the great initiative put forward for young aspiring footballers to start their sporting careers and instill discipline.

Shabazz encouraged the youths to use the competition as a learning experience and continue striving for excellence. The next leg of competition will be held in Grenada on a date to be announced.

Summary:

Final

St Clair CS 3 vs San Juan Jabloteh 1

Third Place

Jaric Titans 1 (P) vs SKHY 0 (P)

Semi-finals

San Juan Jabloteh 2 vs Jaric Titans 0

St Clair CS 3 vs San Juan Jabloteh 1.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: St Clair coaching cop U-10 football.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:49:05 AM »
You know when i look at this i wonder why TTFF don't take advantage of hosting tournaments,it don't have to be FIFA tornaments alone.We could have a Dwight Yorke or T&T tournament for all age groups,i'm sure this will create interest and expose scouts to what we have at home College Coaches etc
Tournaments make a lot of money if marketed right,teams/players attend tournaments all over the world.The thing is we have the infrastructure in place to run tournaments of any magnitude eg stadiums,hotels,transport etc etc this is what organizations use to maintain there facilities not fete and cultural shows,our stadiums are underutilized with the exception of one which is overused.
     Just my two cents

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 12:17:29 PM »
You know when i look at this i wonder why TTFF don't take advantage of hosting tournaments,it don't have to be FIFA tornaments alone.We could have a Dwight Yorke or T&T tournament for all age groups,i'm sure this will create interest and expose scouts to what we have at home College Coaches etc
Tournaments make a lot of money if marketed right,teams/players attend tournaments all over the world.The thing is we have the infrastructure in place to run tournaments of any magnitude eg stadiums,hotels,transport etc etc this is what organizations use to maintain there facilities not fete and cultural shows,our stadiums are underutilized with the exception of one which is overused.
     Just my two cents

Seems to me businesses are an essential part of supporting the hosting or involvement of these kinds of tournaments. Coke sponsored a zonal U-14 team to travel to Argentina last year. So the generosity exists. But involement seems to be rare when proceeds go more directly to the TTFFs coffers and not to specific teams. The federation has to build a lot more trust in the business community to generate meaningful sponsorship.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »
     Just my two cents

Seems to me businesses are an essential part of supporting the hosting or involvement of these kinds of tournaments. Coke sponsored a zonal U-14 team to travel to Argentina last year. So the generosity exists. But involement seems to be rare when proceeds go more directly to the TTFFs coffers and not to specific teams. The federation has to build a lot more trust in the business community to generate meaningful sponsorship.
          Yes businesses are an essential part of hosting tournaments,the TTFF alone don't benefit,airlines sponser because they get the flightsbook through them,hatels sponser because rooms are booked through them,others sponser because of food etc etc there are all kind of deals associated with tournaments,what i can say is if you establish yourself there are a lot of benefits for Football in general.What about a tournament for Secondary School League teams.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
There are a lot of benefits to be sure...but with the perception a lot of people have of the administration its a tough sell. for example they getting dragged through court by the players. And is a next commess with the current squad not being paid in the digicel games. Either way i think we can agree that business should become involved with or without the TTFF, its about enabling the next generation of youngsters to to develop and showcase their abilites against the best possible competition.

I agree with you about school leagues. The SSFL has become less relevant than in previous years, but from what I gather there has been a resurgence in primary school age football. It would be nice to see grounds filled up with spectators at these age group tournaments. That is when you know the game is returning to its rightful place one step at a time.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:28:32 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 05:35:47 PM »
It's something that has never been tried or implimented in T&T,i think judging from the response to international tournaments we have the potential,people home are attracted to it.
Age groups can be played at different venues all over the country,so everybody will be involved at some time or the other,it will involve some travelling.This is what goes on out here,people don't mind travelling it's only two days not two weeks like the average international tournament.
Tournaments are what support all these big Leagues/Clubs it makes money.

1]; } ?>