May 11, 2024, 01:18:42 AM

Author Topic: Queen's Park after Avery  (Read 18026 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Avery John to sign with QPR
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2007, 09:54:14 AM »
good news, but im very surprised... :beermug:

Why TI? Yuh doh think he could make it at QPR or yuh think he could do better?

avery wasnt our best defender, he dont have de touches or dribbling skills to play at that level, de man passing is atrocious, sancho could more than make qpr or higher if john make qpr... juss my opinion

Hush yuh ass nah TI..Anyway Avery was not expecting to get a contract in England because of his age but he was definitely trying to move somwehere in Europe this year. 

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Avery John to sign with QPR
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2007, 01:34:17 PM »
good news, but im very surprised... :beermug:

Why TI? Yuh doh think he could make it at QPR or yuh think he could do better?

avery wasnt our best defender, he dont have de touches or dribbling skills to play at that level, de man passing is atrocious, sancho could more than make qpr or higher if john make qpr... juss my opinion

Hush yuh ass nah TI..Anyway Avery was not expecting to get a contract in England because of his age but he was definitely trying to move somwehere in Europe this year. 

yuh know... TI have ah point... but what pisses me off if that he acts like there cannot be reasons around his glorious all-knowing opinion...

Avery have plenty quality in certain areas alot of our defenders dont have like him...

For one...he is good in the air, he marks his man well.... AND most of all he is de smallest man in our back four and yet he does hit de biggest man de worse setta blade... he is also probably our fastest back four and hey... QPR have looked at PLENTY defenders most probably... If they want tuh call Avery who is all de way in American over Sancho who livin right dong de road... then obviously they have they're reasons....

steewps... sometimes i really believe you are a f**king infant.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Queen's Park after Avery
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2007, 08:06:12 AM »
U know..for a free agent it taking kinda long for QPR to sign Avery...like it have some hiccups somewhere?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2007, 07:22:30 PM »
U know..for a free agent it taking kinda long for QPR to sign Avery...like it have some hiccups somewhere?

Well according to Skysports, Gregory is not finished yet in the transfer market....however there has been very little mention of Avery since QPR sign the Finnish Fella from Sancho's old team. Even the various QPR forums have lost interest. Still, I wish him the best of luck as he is ah Pres old boy after all and we have not produced many professional ballers.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2007, 12:22:20 PM »

Well according to Skysports, Gregory is not finished yet in the transfer market....however there has been very little mention of Avery since QPR sign the Finnish Fella from Sancho's old team. Even the various QPR forums have lost interest. Still, I wish him the best of luck as he is ah Pres old boy after all and we have not produced many professional ballers.
I don't think he's a  free agent. I remember reading a report somewhere that MLS/NERevolution is kicking a fuss and that is causing problems with the signing and they may have to try for some kind of loan deal.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »
New England's Taylor Twellman was the highest-paid player on the team at $181,000 but is ranked No. 28 on the MLS pay scale despite being the league's leading scorer over the last five seasons. Shalrie Joseph is second on the Revolution list at $167,500 but could earn much more if a $1 million transfer bid from Celtic FC comes through. Trinidad & Tobago defender Avery John, who earned $36,750, was the only player besides Dempsey to start in both the World Cup in Germany and the MLS Cup in Texas. Andy Dorman emerged as an impact player worth much more than the $29,400 he was paid. Jeff Larentowicz has advanced well beyond the developmental player contract of $16,000.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:09:11 AM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2007, 09:56:04 AM »
look at the small money they paying avery  .. i wonder how much glen  and sealy makes
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2007, 10:05:06 AM »
New England's Taylor Twellman was the highest-paid player on the team at $181,000 but is ranked No. 28 on the MLS pay scale despite being the league's leading scorer over the last five seasons. Shalrie Joseph is second on the Revolution list at $167,500 but could earn much more if a $1 million transfer bid from Celtic FC comes through. Trinidad & Tobago defender Avery John, who earned $36,750, was the only player besides Dempsey to start in both the World Cup in Germany and the MLS Cup in Texas. Andy Dorman emerged as an impact player worth much more than the $29,400 he was paid. Jeff Larentowicz has advanced well beyond the developmental player contract of $16,000.
Can you provide a source for these salaries (I don't feel to use Google  ;D). If these figures are accurate, then these salaries are SHOCKING. For a full international and World Cup player to be making that kind of money is REALLY amazing. I couldn't believe that you could have pro players making $29K (a year???). Amazing...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:07:47 AM by Cantona007 »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2007, 10:36:11 AM »
Can you provide a source for these salaries (I don't feel to use Google  ;D). If these figures are accurate, then these salaries are SHOCKING. For a full international and World Cup player to be making that kind of money is REALLY amazing. I couldn't believe that you could have pro players making $29K (a year???). Amazing...

Yeah I thought so too. I made more than $36k coming out of college and that was years ago! So I am a bit worried about Avery staying at NE Revolution! I was thinking he was making at least 70-90k a year. Man I go say some more prayers for meh bredda cause we go back to the Pres team of 93.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2007, 10:53:55 AM »
This info came out awhile back. Despite the Adus and Donovans the average salary in the MLS is actually rather low. Right around what Avery making if I remember correctly. I remember reading that some players actually preferred playing in the A-league for this reason, because they could get other off-season contracts (e.g. MISL) to supplement their income.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2007, 10:58:31 AM »

there was a previous thread here about MLS 2006 salaries based on an article in the washington post

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »
So what is de current deal with him and QPR???

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2007, 12:39:47 PM »

there was a previous thread here about MLS 2006 salaries based on an article in the washington post

Thanks for that link, Daryn. Not to hijack the thread, but I am still amazed; I mean, what if you live somewhere like LA, which is very expensive... how do you make out. I hope this deal with QPR really works out; a better standard of ball (arguably) and I am SURE more money... good luck to Avery, another great Presman :-)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »
I forgot to post this a few days ago! Could'nt see it posted anywhere obivious in the forum so please accept my apologies if it has already been done. I was reading the Telegraph on the train thurday night and it had a short story on QPR ending their interest in Avery John.

Apparently, John Gregory was keen to sign him....but only on a free transfer! They were under the impression that he would cost nothing (as was Avery's representation apparently) so pressed ahead with signing him. The American article mentioned earlier in the thread was fairly accurate...however the Telegraph article mention nothing of QPR ever considering a loan move. QPR discovered that they had to pay some organisation (can't remember if it stated MLS or some other company) that held his registration, either $100,000 or £100,000 (again can't remember which). They tried to negoitiate the fee but the guys would'nt budge so....that is it, QPR will not sign him!

Unless opinions change and they can get him for free or very minimal sum.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2007, 11:16:06 AM »
Sorry to hear that about Avery !!!
At least yuh went out there and give it a try.....do'n t give up....

The MLS designed their system so mainly US players will be easiest in the transfer market.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:20:34 AM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2007, 01:53:58 PM »
When is Avery's MLS contract up?

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2007, 05:06:29 PM »
I forgot to post this a few days ago! Could'nt see it posted anywhere obivious in the forum so please accept my apologies if it has already been done. I was reading the Telegraph on the train thurday night and it had a short story on QPR ending their interest in Avery John.

Apparently, John Gregory was keen to sign him....but only on a free transfer! They were under the impression that he would cost nothing (as was Avery's representation apparently) so pressed ahead with signing him. The American article mentioned earlier in the thread was fairly accurate...however the Telegraph article mention nothing of QPR ever considering a loan move. QPR discovered that they had to pay some organisation (can't remember if it stated MLS or some other company) that held his registration, either $100,000 or £100,000 (again can't remember which). They tried to negoitiate the fee but the guys would'nt budge so....that is it, QPR will not sign him!

Thanks Rodney, ah wish Avery all de best doh. Hold de faith bredda and fight de struggle, cuz ah know half ah bread is better dan none, but dat $36k a year in de US nah make it in dis times. IF yuh want tuh achieve basic stuff and have ah descent life, like ah house, condo, etc, good car, send kid or kids tuh school and pay everyday bills, forget it. Say wah, give thanks still. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2007, 07:12:02 AM »

What newspaper did you find that article in ? I tried the telegraph's online edition but there was nothing on that story.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2007, 10:01:06 AM »

What newspaper did you find that article in ? I tried the telegraph's online edition but there was nothing on that story.
JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

maybe it was a london paper I was reading (like metro or something  :-[ ). Anyway it matters little as the QPR fans are aware of the same info as me! Check this discussion on one of the bigger QPR messageboards.

http://www.qpr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?start=0&t=100226&topic_view=flat

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

maybe it was a london paper I was reading (like metro or something  :-[ ). Anyway it matters little as the QPR fans are aware of the same info as me! Check this discussion on one of the bigger QPR messageboards.

http://www.qpr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?start=0&t=100226&topic_view=flat

Thanks Rodney!

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

1]; } ?>