May 15, 2024, 02:29:40 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland Forever Thread.  (Read 614397 times)

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Forever Thread.
« Reply #2940 on: February 06, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
KJ is a shit snake .. he lazy :o

You'll not find anything where I call him lazy, disinterested yes.

But having said that it looked like he blocked a goalbound effort a couple of yards out while lying on the ground after challenging for a ball, come to think about it the lazy b should of got up quicker and we would of won instead of drawing. ;D

Just pulling yuh legs mate ... Im a huge KJ fan.. was trying to lure out the KJ haters .

Yes he blocked a goal but I was happy to see him in the mix challenging for it in the 6 yard box. And yuh damn right .. another MOM performance!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: February 06, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
"Sack Bruce"

Those guys don't want to play for Bruce. Even Bent seems to have lost his way
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: February 06, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »
Bruce needs to mix it up a bit...everything he says can't be negative...Even the chary Benitez is learning that he can't do that all the time

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: February 06, 2010, 10:14:28 PM »
"Sack Bruce"

Those guys don't want to play for Bruce. Even Bent seems to have lost his way

That's standard operating procedure for Bent...that's one thing you can't blame on Bruce.

Considering how well they were playing at the start of the season it's amazing how badly they look now, seems that Bruce has lost his dressing room.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: February 06, 2010, 10:37:20 PM »
Bruce needs to mix it up a bit...everything he says can't be negative...Even the chary Benitez is learning that he can't do that all the time
Why didn't bruce signed geovani dosantos, he would've brought nuff pace creativity and ball movement in the midfield. now he gone all the way in turkey when he could've been @ sunderland.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: February 07, 2010, 03:04:49 PM »
Why didn't bruce signed geovani dosantos, he would've brought nuff pace creativity and ball movement in the midfield. now he gone all the way in turkey when he could've been @ sunderland.

Its hard to tell what was / is going through Bruce's mind he certainly is seeing things differently to me.  Here is my guess at what went on in the transfer window. 

He wanted a LB from Wigan, the deal was fell through last day in teh summer window, Bruce thought it was just a matter of time and price, didn't bother looking elsewhere it didn't happen left a big hole with no back up.

A RB was 2nd had no one in mind so had a few options, left it late spoke to 3 and got Hutton on loan.

The Kenwyne thing was done to death, but tried to get Kurangi (sp) and probably would of sold Kenwyne, Liverpool are skint and tried to get Kenwyne on loan as short term stop gap while trying to sign someone else for next season who is out of contract in the summer on a precontract.

Bruce constantly went on about defenders and a forward never mentioned midfield all January, we were linked very late on with teh Egyptian who had on trial in the summer either this was the players agent trying to drum up a sale which is quite common or he had an afterthought left it too late and couldn't agree a deal, if I was a betting man it would be the latter for me. 

The galling thing for me is that Malbranque & Richardson haven't performed all season and we are just relying on Reid who isn't going to be in form all season.  In addition we have Henderson who is just a kid whose form is always going to vary, but has also been played in CM to cover for the injured Cattermole and he isn't a CM.  So Bruce had no interest in strengthening midfield where we only have 2 CM's (1 injured most of the season) and 2 effective creative players 1 of which is a kid.  Reid had an injury (hence the afterthought above), but now Henderson is out for 2/3 months leaving only 1 creative player. 

Very strange and as I said not teh gaps I would of filled or rather tried to fill more gaps, don't understand him tbh.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: February 07, 2010, 09:31:22 PM »

Its hard to tell what was / is going through Bruce's mind he certainly is seeing things differently to me.  Here is my guess at what went on in the transfer window. 

He wanted a LB from Wigan, the deal was fell through last day in teh summer window, Bruce thought it was just a matter of time and price, didn't bother looking elsewhere it didn't happen left a big hole with no back up.

A RB was 2nd had no one in mind so had a few options, left it late spoke to 3 and got Hutton on loan.

The Kenwyne thing was done to death, but tried to get Kurangi (sp) and probably would of sold Kenwyne, Liverpool are skint and tried to get Kenwyne on loan as short term stop gap while trying to sign someone else for next season who is out of contract in the summer on a precontract.

Bruce constantly went on about defenders and a forward never mentioned midfield all January, we were linked very late on with teh Egyptian who had on trial in the summer either this was the players agent trying to drum up a sale which is quite common or he had an afterthought left it too late and couldn't agree a deal, if I was a betting man it would be the latter for me. 

The galling thing for me is that Malbranque & Richardson haven't performed all season and we are just relying on Reid who isn't going to be in form all season.  In addition we have Henderson who is just a kid whose form is always going to vary, but has also been played in CM to cover for the injured Cattermole and he isn't a CM.  So Bruce had no interest in strengthening midfield where we only have 2 CM's (1 injured most of the season) and 2 effective creative players 1 of which is a kid.  Reid had an injury (hence the afterthought above), but now Henderson is out for 2/3 months leaving only 1 creative player. 

Very strange and as I said not teh gaps I would of filled or rather tried to fill more gaps, don't understand him tbh.
Thanx to figeruora!  he's ah real nasty pr!ck! that injury on henderson was deliberate! and he almost took out zenden as well.

as for your midfield woes. when bruce got rid of white head and carlos, i knew he was making ah huge mistake. if any coach have any sense they could see that carlos is an excelent center mid, don't know why coaches continue tuh use the boy on the flanks.

as far as dosantos goes, how could any coach miss out on such ah briliant speedy creative player! watch this kid light up the world cup come june, most english coaches real sleeping and missing out of teriffic players.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:33:01 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: February 08, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »
JC never had a problem moving palyers on, my problem was not replacing them

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: February 09, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »
Portsmouth V Sunderland KO 7.45 PM GMT

Expect another horrible game, a few more channels covering this so unfortunately you may find a working link.  I hope so anyway so I can watch it.

Links not updated yet

http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch1.html
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=63901&part=sports
http://www.p2p4u.net/
http://atdhe.net/

Probably 1 change Henderson is out for 4/6/8 weeks.
Hope Kenwyne continues what he has been doing for the last 2 games.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: February 09, 2010, 02:38:33 PM »
Portsmouth V Sunderland KO 7.45 PM GMT

Expect another horrible game, a few more channels covering this so unfortunately you may find a working link.  I hope so anyway so I can watch it.

Links not updated yet

http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch1.html
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=63901&part=sports

Probably 1 change Henderson is out for 4/6/8 weeks.
Hope Kenwyne continues what he has been doing for the last 2 games.
He looking good so far, he just hit a man a rollie pollie, but got fouled. He would have been clear if that did not happen. He also set up Bent with a nice ball before the foul in the box for the penalty.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:41:36 PM by triniairman »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: February 09, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
KJ really getting on, from defense to midfield to attacking he like salt he in everything.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: February 09, 2010, 03:48:39 PM »
Yuh mean tuh tell meh the cats lose that lead so late in the game??!!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: February 09, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »
Sund manage to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory. . .Hard luck dey Sund. . .KJ shudda put away that goal mouth pass from Bent, though. . .

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: February 09, 2010, 04:01:59 PM »
Awful game thought Kenwyne played well again, agree C thought he was caught on his heels for a split second, but also Bent missed a one on one with James although made a good save should of still scored imho.

Cattermole sent off misses Arsenal, Meyler only young hasn't shown that before so not sure if it was deliberate maybe either wound up or lack of experience not sure which.

Defending is absolutely atrocious.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: February 09, 2010, 04:40:04 PM »
Don't agree....Bent tried to shoot that. Plus even if he trying to find KJ  he should have put it in the air back post  the first time as KJ was un marked. Instead he put it on the floor for a guy 6 5'.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: February 10, 2010, 10:10:19 AM »
Sunderland forever ?? ..and this thread so long ? ah bet if jones leave.. dais it ! is de worst football I have seen in many years ..and i old ! in fact to call what Sunderland is offering anything other than air tennis is to be kind.
..is just a referee two linesmen and air traffic control ...boom ! boom ! dey should send for Iwer to be mascot for dat team ...an to think dey paying man 50,000 pounds a week for dat ...dat entire team should be slapped with a embezzlement charge yes !

ah sorry but football forever ...not what sunderland playing !

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: February 11, 2010, 04:45:08 PM »
Sunderland forever ?? ..and this thread so long ? ah bet if jones leave.. dais it ! is de worst football I have seen in many years ..and i old ! in fact to call what Sunderland is offering anything other than air tennis is to be kind.
..is just a referee two linesmen and air traffic control ...boom ! boom ! dey should send for Iwer to be mascot for dat team ...an to think dey paying man 50,000 pounds a week for dat ...dat entire team should be slapped with a embezzlement charge yes !

Do you honestly believe I will give it in after all the abuse I have taken, your joking right.

Please stop insulting air tennis

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: February 11, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »

Harry Redknapp slamed claims that long ball football isnt effective... Spurs are in 5th with Crouch up front and every game its boom to him he heads down to midfielders or to Defoe and it works for them

As he said you dont expect Spurs to use Crouch for running onto balls and playing neat passes into his feet... you use his strengths and their position in the league proves it works

Same with Sunderland..they dont have as much cash as Spurs so they will use the same technique as Spurs with the long ball to KJ and hope Bent can score off his dirty work..which he has.. so fact again(Rafa-Esq)

If you want to see a set of 5 foot midgets playing quick ball to feet with their overfitselves with space all over the field and poor defending watch your La Liga ...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: February 11, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »

If you want to see a set of 5 foot midgets playing quick ball to feet with their overfitselves with space all over the field and poor defending watch your La Liga ...

Or watch Arsenal  ;)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: February 11, 2010, 06:31:11 PM »

You eh tired talk cock!! yuh should be ashamed tuh call any team sh!tty when TNT is ah proven sh!t team! now if that's not the pot tellin the kettle he bottom black then i don't know what is! yuh ever hear, if yuh live in glass house refrian from pelting stones?  :shameonyou:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2960 on: February 12, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »

Harry Redknapp slamed claims that long ball football isnt effective... Spurs are in 5th with Crouch up front and every game its boom to him he heads down to midfielders or to Defoe and it works for them

As he said you dont expect Spurs to use Crouch for running onto balls and playing neat passes into his feet... you use his strengths and their position in the league proves it works

Same with Sunderland..they dont have as much cash as Spurs so they will use the same technique as Spurs with the long ball to KJ and hope Bent can score off his dirty work..which he has.. so fact again(Rafa-Esq)

Look one of them 5 foot midgets here
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/VAhgJNELc9Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/VAhgJNELc9Y</a>

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: February 20, 2010, 12:46:20 AM »
Arsenal v Sunderland KO 3.00 PM GMT

Should be plenty of working links as big 4 game.

Not Updated yet

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=65146&part=sports
http://www.iraqgoals.net/6293-arsenal-vs-sunderland-.html

Team news, all the defenders are fit (debatable with Mensah), Reid is out as is Henderson (8 weeks), Cattermole is banned Richardson is back (no big deal done sfa all season).  No creativity in mf at all so hoof all day (please god let me be wrong).

Expect a cake walk for Arsenal.

Have a nice weekend everyone, I'll be back after the match for the slagging as usual.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2962 on: February 20, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »
Look like Stern take Kenwyne under his wing.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: February 20, 2010, 09:56:21 AM »
Jones. . . .Jones. . .Jones

Disappointing. . .heartbreaking

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: February 20, 2010, 10:04:24 AM »

He had so much time. That was a panic shot.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: February 20, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »
ha well dat is a dagger penalty in extra time 2-0 Arsenal

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: February 20, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »

Was he subbed off at half time?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: February 20, 2010, 11:55:24 AM »

About 80 minutes I think for Benjani.

The score was kind to us largely thanks to Gordon.

Bent spent most of the game as a virtual left back, crazy.  Kenwyne's shot well thats Kenwyne tbh, Bent had one aswell but he was under pressure and it hit the keepers knee. 

Still trying to figure out what I was watching, I couldn't believe it, CH in midfield, 2 forwards in midfield with one virtually as a LB, he then puts the LB in midfield and CH at LB and 2 midfileders on the bench.  Takes off a midfielder and puts another one on, leaving the LB on but still getting raped down that side. Only the last 10-15 minutes does he move Bent forward.  Crazy. ::)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: February 20, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »

Bent spent most of the game as a virtual left back, crazy.  Kenwyne's shot well thats Kenwyne tbh, Bent had one aswell but he was under pressure and it hit the keepers knee. 

Still trying to figure out what I was watching, I couldn't believe it, CH in midfield, 2 forwards in midfield with one virtually as a LB, he then puts the LB in midfield and CH at LB and 2 midfileders on the bench.  Takes off a midfielder and puts another one on, leaving the LB on but still getting raped down that side. Only the last 10-15 minutes does he move Bent forward.  Crazy. ::)
Not sure he had too many options, though. With almost no fit midfielders.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: February 21, 2010, 02:21:47 AM »

Not sure he had too many options, though. With almost no fit midfielders.

He had Malbranque and Zenden on the bench, Ferninand looked like a fish out of water, McCartney hopeless at LB.  I could understand the switch around if McCartney had ending up protecting Ferninand but never happened, Arsenal's 2 goals came with Bent trying to do a LB job and Campbell the same for the penalty. 

I am a great believer in playing players in their positions a decent player in his own position will usually do a better job than a good player out of position.

Bent must be heartbroken Capello turns up to watch the match and he is playing as a virtual LB.

1]; } ?>