May 09, 2024, 09:15:20 AM

Author Topic: I wouldn't want to visit Trinidad & Tobago after reading this  (Read 1700 times)

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: I wouldn't want to visit Trinidad & Tobago after reading this
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 02:56:08 PM »

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Trinidad_and_Tobago

some context - do you remember that bombing in bali not long ago? that was specifically targetted at australian tourists. they probably beign extra careful. i sure they would catch hell if they did not point out the dangers in t&t to their own.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 03:04:01 PM by ribbit »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 03:03:53 PM »
Everytime I cross the boarder into the US I under the same warnings oui!

"Pay close attention to your personal security and monitor the media for information about possible new safety or security risks.

The number of violent crimes including assault, sexual assault, kidnapping and murder......... Armed robbery is common, particularly in ....urban areas. Avoid downtown .....robbed at gunpoint. Daylight attacks, including the use of firearms, have occurred ............ in car parks of supermarkets and shopping malls. "

Just have your head onand wish for the best.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 03:30:49 PM »

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Trinidad_and_Tobago

some context - do you remember that bombing in bali not long ago? that was specifically targetted at australian tourists. they probably beign extra careful. i sure they would catch hell if they did not point out the dangers in t&t to their own.

true..but is ah shame to read about yuh country like dat and most ah what dey write is true...which is de greater shame.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 03:38:01 PM »
Wildlife Watching

Australians are strongly advised to maintain safe and legal approach distance when observing wildlife. You should use only reputable and professional operations and closely follow park regulations and wardens' advice.

ah just find it funny they only point out Aussies  :rotfl:

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »
Wildlife Watching

Australians are strongly advised to maintain safe and legal approach distance when observing wildlife. You should use only reputable and professional operations and closely follow park regulations and wardens' advice.

Is the Australian government who write it, so dey only interested in de own people

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 03:45:32 PM »
Wildlife Watching

they all want to play steve irwin ah guess.  ;D

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 03:49:59 PM »
Wildlife Watching

Is the Australian government who write it, so dey only interested in de own people

ooooo my bad ah now realize it is .au anyways it still funny  ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 09:39:17 PM »
Fook oz land them mudda arse  tried to keep all non whites out they country : I was down dey in '93 and yuh know wat ? is just anotehr european suburb. I recalled in the early 70's when my father was looking at places to immigrate too, you could even entertain Australia because they  fooking immigration policies  was in yuh face NON hites  not allowed. And yet them was suppose to be all commonwealth brethens.....look nah they could all kiss my arse.....

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

This badge from 1906 shows the use of the expression "White Australia" at that timeThe White Australia Policy refers to a range of legislative Acts of the Australian Parliament which all but excluded Non-European immigration into Australia. The three key Acts which are the Immigration Restriction Act (1901), the Pacific Island Labourers Act (1901) and the Naturalisation Act (1903). The term "White Australia" emerged in the 1890's as an ideal to strengthen racial homogeneity and the overwhelmingly European character of the population. The Federation of Australian colonies in 1901 made the realisation of the White Australia Policy possible. Previously to this the six Australian colonies had to implement separate and at times inconsistent legislation. Australian Federation made it possible for the Australian Parliament to enact legislation which covered the entire continent. While the "White Australia Policy" was usually regarded as a policy of immigration restriction, or exclusion, the deportation of thousands of Melenesian people from Queensland before 1907 was also considered an important aspect of the initial policy.

Discriminatory immigration policies were gradually removed between the end of World War II and 1982 with racially discriminatory aspects of the Migration Act officially overturned in 1973.

In contemporary Australian public and academic discourses, the term 'White Australia Policy' is commonly used to refer to the conception of Australia in ethno-nationalistic terms

Ministers saw law's 'racism' as defensible

Powell wielded influence over bill's direction

Alan Travis, home affairs editor
Tuesday January 1, 2002
The Guardian

The government knew it would face charges of racism when it clamped down on the flow of "new Commonwealth" immigrants to Britain while introducing "open door" concessions for citizens of the "old Commonwealth" - Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa - who were "of British stock".
The secret cabinet minutes show that, in agreeing the 1971 immigration act, which still forms the framework of much British immigration law, ministers agreed that their decision to exempt from the clampdown "old Commonwealth" citizens who had a UK-born parent or grandparent would "probably attract some criticism as being discriminatory in favour of the 'white' Commonwealth".

However, the home secretary, Reginald Maudling, said such racism could be defended on the grounds that Britain had a special relationship with Australia, Canada and New Zealand and "from Gallipoli to Inchon there are enduring monuments to its reality."
He told the cabinet that tougher restrictions on the inflow of Asian immigrants were "necessary and defensible given their propensity in contrast to aliens to settle permanently and bring in their dependants".

The state papers released today by the Public Record Office show that one faction in the cabinet actually wanted to extend the right to settle in Britain to all "old Commonwealth" citizens regardless of whether or not they were from "British stock" - but this proved too much for the prime minister, Edward Heath, who blocked the move on the grounds that it would be "contrary to the concept of the Commonwealth as a multiracial institution".

Under growing pressure from Enoch Powell, the files show, Mr Maudling told the PM that the new immigration law was needed because "we are also expected by our supporters to take visible action further to reduce the number of immigrants."

He told ther prime minister secretly it was vital to "defuse politically the problems of immigration ... as soon as possible. I am sure it would be helpful if the admission of new Commonwealth immigrants could immediately reduced by administrative means."

In language which may astonish readers 30 years on, Mr Maudling said: "The number of aliens who want to settle here is relatively few, and for this reason - because they come from a cultural background generally fairly akin to our own - it is not difficult to assimilate them. "But of those wishing to come here to work from the Commonwealth, particularly the new Commonwealth, the vast majority would want to settle permanently and by reason both of this factor and of the fact that they come generally from a different cultural background, the task of assimilation - as experience so bitterly shows - is all but impossible.

"If we put the Commonwealth citizen on the same basis as what at present is the practice for aliens, and abolish the quota which presently applies only to Commonwealth citizens, the result would be a great increase in coloured immigration."

The cabinet secretary, Sir Burke Trend, had made clear that the main motive behind the act was "to avoid the risk of renewed 'swamping' by immigrants from the new Commonwealth"; and that such a "resurgence would inflame community relations in Britain". The new legislation ended the right of Commonwealth workers to settle in Britain, which had been introduced by the 1945 Labour government. It followed a series of inflammatory speeches from Powell including a prediction in February 1971 that there would be "an explosion" unless there was a massive repatriation scheme for immigrants.

The main argument in cabinet over the new laws appears to have centred on the concession to Commonwealth citizens with British family connections. The "grandparents' clause", which would then have let in 70% of Australians, was knocked out of the bill at its Commons committee stage by the combined opposition of the Labour party - which said it was racist - and Enoch Powell who opposed it "on the grounds that it unduly enlarges the number of people with the right to come into the country."

Sir Burke Trend said opponents to the clause either feared opening the door to "the alleged hordes of Anglo-Indians"; or, if they were liberals, believed it was wrong to discriminate between the "Zanzibar republican and an Australian with a direct family connection."

It was later reinstated by the government.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:47:41 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 06:07:33 AM »
In the period of July to October 2005 several small explosions occurred in the capital, Port of Spain, including near a fast food restaurant and a popular bar. The explosions resulted in injuries, some serious.

if i remember corectly .... it was jus 1 person ... a middle age woman dat lost her foot n she was d only SERIOUS injured ... .... n d other incident was an accident where a gas tank exploded .................... so i ent know wat d fook dey sayin    :angel:
ADM

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 07:44:31 AM »
Ok Now that ah cool down:

Not to be defensive and not to deny the  present situation in TNT, one would have to say that reading the article as reported that the vividness of the crimes is cause for concern.

We know that even as aTNT national, anyone could be a traget for a criminal so caution and alertness has to exercised at all times. On the other hand  my 'beef' is with countries who cast out these reports yet in their own land they have practices of social injustice against minorities. Australia check  your policies and dealings with the 'aboriginal peoples'

1]; } ?>