May 22, 2024, 03:01:28 AM

Author Topic: Ocean comes to SoL  (Read 5199 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Ocean comes to SoL
« on: January 10, 2008, 12:11:04 PM »
Ocean comes to SoL
SAFC.com

British pop legend Billy Ocean comes to Sunderland next month for a special concert at the Stadium of Light.

The 57-year-old singer - who originates from Trinidad and Tobago, the same country as Sunderland stars Kenwyne Jones, Dwight Yorke and Carlos Edwards - is due to appear at the stadium on Friday February 22.

Ocean, who was brought up in London and released his first hit 'Love Really Hurts Without You' in 1976, will perform with support acts Junior and X-Factor's Maria Lawson in what promises to be a memorable night of entertainment.

Fans can enjoy a champagne reception in the stadium's Sports Bar before they watch the original rhythm and blues star - also famous for hit singles 'Caribbean Queen', 'When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going' and 'Get Outta My Dreams, Get into My Car' - in action in the plush Banqueting Suite.

The package also includes a three-course gala dinner with coffee and petit fours and a disco with DJ until late. There will also be a charity draw, with proceeds going to the Wilberforce project named charities.

Tickets are priced just £70 per person (Table of 12, less will be grouped together).

To make an enquiry and to book tickets, call the SAFC sales team on 0191 551 5100 or e-mail confandbanq@safc.com

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Ocean comes to SoL
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 12:13:22 PM »
for some of you younger heads
doh laugh this was a BIG BIG tune!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkXV5O5GfJ8

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 12:18:38 PM »
FYZO IN DE HOUSE!!!!

sunderland need to "Stand and Deliver" or they will find themselves "Suddenly" back in division 2. maybe a trini "Loverboy" could save dem if he have the right "Mystery Lady" or "Caribbean Queen" to inspire him in de "Love Zone". Or maybe keano need to let dem know that "When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going."

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 12:25:19 PM »
Had the opportunity to meet him, when he visited my School "FASS" or "INTER" as we passionately called ourselves lol, wey back in '85 or '86  ;D he autographed my dollar, but ah think the very next day ah went in the tuck shop and buy some anchar with it  :rotfl:

Bip Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 12:40:51 PM »
for some of you younger heads
doh laugh this was a BIG BIG tune!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkXV5O5GfJ8

BIG BIG tune MC, good memories
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »
yea man billy.... leh me be the opening act nah ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »
FYZO IN DE HOUSE!!!!

sunderland need to "Stand and Deliver" or they will find themselves "Suddenly" back in division 2. maybe a trini "Loverboy" could save dem if he have the right "Mystery Lady" or "Caribbean Queen" to inspire him in de "Love Zone". Or maybe keano need to let dem know that "When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going."

Good call Andre!

Oh and Desowa (ah never know yuh was ah INTER man) thx for de trip down memory lane with de reference to the ole tuck-shop boy, and also seeing FASS and "INTER", sniff, sniff......also, how yuh go spend da money jed? Oh I was dey in all meh wanna-be bad boy glory on de Gallows when he visited and sing for a little on de DJ sound system.....memories jed, memories.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 03:37:05 PM »
Had the opportunity to meet him, when he visited my School "FASS" or "INTER" as we passionately called ourselves lol, wey back in '85 or '86  ;D he autographed my dollar, but ah think the very next day ah went in the tuck shop and buy some anchar with it  :rotfl:

Bip Up!

U is ah Inter man to dread, big ups......................

U was before my time but respect due still man.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »
before the peorformace last year in trinidad at the soca awards Has he ever performed live in trinidad and tobago ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »
FYZO IN DE HOUSE!!!!

Good call Andre!

Oh and Desowa (ah never know yuh was ah INTER man) thx for de trip down memory lane with de reference to the ole tuck-shop boy, and also seeing FASS and "INTER", sniff, sniff......also, how yuh go spend da money jed? Oh I was dey in all meh wanna-be bad boy glory on de Gallows when he visited and sing for a little on de DJ sound system.....memories jed, memories.

yeah those were de days lol, boy to tell yuh de truth ah cya remember what ah do with dat dollar, but dey wey ah used to be hungry for dat anchar, ah maybe really spend it in dey  :rotfl:

You is ah INTER man too? what year?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 04:03:51 PM »

Bip Up!

U is ah Inter man to dread, big ups......................

U was before my time but respect due still man.

yeah ah used to live colley trace...yeah dat was de name before dey upgrade it too Colley Street  ;D

then ah move to sando...but ah stay inter for the 5 yrs lol.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 04:48:18 PM »
FYZO IN DE HOUSE!!!!

:applause: :applause:

yea man billy.... leh me be the opening act nah ??
Phone Dwight an see if he could hook you up ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:51:33 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 07:43:29 PM »
Yeah Billy, inspire them fellas an' dem dey for we nah. Drop some nostalgia on dey tail. We proud ah yuh. Represent!!!!! :thumbsup:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 10:32:49 PM »
Educate meh nah what is Inter
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 11:12:32 PM »

doh worry weary, yuh wouldn't understand, is ah Fyzo thing  ;D

Ok, "Inter" is our pride and joy, a little school started wey back in the day as Fyzabad Intermediate school, then it was turn to a 5 year school and the name changed to Fyzabad Anglican Secondary School (FASS). From what ah hear it is now ah 7 year school, and hopefully dey finally get that science lab that all my money and time we put in with bazaars and raffles and whatever fund raisers we were forced to participate in....anyways I digress.  ;D Maybe red devil might be able to share some light lol.

So yeah, de name Inter was short for Intermediate....

Big Up!

Warrior Nation Member

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 01:28:28 AM »

Bip Up!

Yuh know how long I eh eat anchar jedd! :-\

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 12:23:08 PM »
before the peorformace last year in trinidad at the soca awards Has he ever performed live in trinidad and tobago ?

Yeah, was back in 1980-something, can't remember de exact year. he was in de national stadium for some kids thing and my school dance on stage with him for one of his songs, i had to go dance to  :-\.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »

Ok, "Inter" is our pride and joy, a little school started wey back in the day as Fyzabad Intermediate school, then it was turn to a 5 year school and the name changed to Fyzabad Anglican Secondary School (FASS). From what ah hear it is now ah 7 year school, and hopefully dey finally get that science lab that all my money and time we put in with bazaars and raffles and whatever fund raisers we were forced to participate in....anyways I digress.  ;D Maybe red devil might be able to share some light lol.

Big Up!

Yeah man da Science Lab finally got built, and they still use to take lab fee from we. my class took a vote an we bouycut paying ballhead  (Zepherine..(sp) we principal ) when we was in form 4. i was in 4B, da was de last time i think i paid him, plus i got banned from they cause they claim we try to burn it down, we was only experimenting with different chemicals dais all  ;D
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 12:41:35 PM »

Big Up!

Yeah man da Science Lab finally got built, and they still use to take lab fee from we. my class took a vote an we bouycut paying ballhead  (Zepherine..(sp) we principal ) when we was in form 4. i was in 4B, da was de last time i think i paid him, plus i got banned from they cause they claim we try to burn it down, we was only experimenting with different chemicals dais all  ;D

lol, Zepho de bald head bad man!!  lawd so we used to fraid he. Once we make we Spanish teacher cry, Miss Ramoutar ah think she name was..she walk out on we and he came to teach us spanish for ah day, dat was the quietest class ah ever sit through, ah think de whole class get licks dat day too  :rotfl:

Do they still have house teams? ah was in Petunia, the green team lol.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 01:25:18 PM »
I know d school as 4 d lab I know bout that 2 d lab in San Juan Gov't Sec began 2 b used when I left. It was a white eleven 4 d yrs I was dey
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 01:28:08 PM »
FYZO IN DE HOUSE!!!!

Good call Andre!

yeah those were de days lol, boy to tell yuh de truth ah cya remember what ah do with dat dollar, but dey wey ah used to be hungry for dat anchar, ah maybe really spend it in dey  :rotfl:

You is ah INTER man too? what year?

Big Up!

de ole man leave INTER in 1980, ah was dey for de glory years when Patrick Geoffrey (Patto/Joffer) was doing he thing...Zephyrine meet me in INTER, he was ah dread man fuh real, Miss Ramoutar was meh spanish teacher too and ah was in 4B and petunia..yeah boy since my time da science lab was in works, Iere always had one, INTER eh ha none.......thx again for de memories fellahs, oh and Tank was meh coach and Andre dem meh friend and Marlon Marcano was meh best friend in PVGS.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 02:25:17 PM »

He used to come home every Carnival to play iron in All Stars.  Not sure if he still does that though.

Does that count as a performance?  8)

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »

Big Up!

lol, Zepho de bald head bad man!!  lawd so we used to fraid he. Once we make we Spanish teacher cry, Miss Ramoutar ah think she name was..she walk out on we and he came to teach us spanish for ah day, dat was the quietest class ah ever sit through, ah think de whole class get licks dat day too  :rotfl:

Big Up!

Dread de man teach my class spanish ah day to, i was in form 2 at de time. Plus he gave us a pop quiz to, talking to everybody in spanish and u have to answer in spanish, almost everybody get licks lol

but you and fyzoman way before my time, but i know da name he mention dey Marcano....

dread Inter was in de bush but it was de best days for me, great memories, and yes they still have de houses thing, i was in RED i think da was Ballah..........its been 10 years since i been back there, if i go home while school open this year i'll pay them a visit.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 11:22:23 PM »

Big Up!

Big Up!

Dread de man teach my class spanish ah day to, i was in form 2 at de time. Plus he gave us a pop quiz to, talking to everybody in spanish and u have to answer in spanish, almost everybody get licks lol

but you and fyzoman way before my time, but i know da name he mention dey Marcano....

dread Inter was in de bush but it was de best days for me, great memories, and yes they still have de houses thing, i was in RED i think da was Ballah..........its been 10 years since i been back there, if i go home while school open this year i'll pay them a visit.

Looks like you were way behind cause ah not familiar with dat house name, maybe they change it up, cause in my time they were all named after flowers....also the classes were 4:1, 4:2, 4:3 (my class) and 4:4.

I remember the name Tank and Marcano...and we used to take ah maxi to Composite to do our labs  ;D

Oh do you know if Babwah used to still wear dem tight tight pants?  :rotfl:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 03:48:32 AM »
YES! that man is ah proud trini, and he's not ashamed to show it , but in 87 the year i left trini for good , he came for carnival and a boy tried to rob him / or robbed him on goerge by the planings about 50 yard from allstars pan yard right out side of eastern boys school, and he vowed never to come back to trini again. what a shame.                                   positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 07:00:19 AM »
Today is Billy Ocean's birthday! Happy Birthday!  :wavetowel:

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 11:47:30 AM »