May 16, 2024, 02:20:09 AM

Author Topic: African Nation's Cup on TV6  (Read 26141 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
African Nation's Cup on TV6
« on: December 09, 2007, 05:30:27 PM »
I just saw an ad on TV6 advertising the ANC. This is unprecedented- ESPN GolTv, not even Direct TV usually has the ANC. It looks like African football getting more respect.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: African Nation's Cup on TV6
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:03:22 PM »
ay dat rel good....kudos to tv6..

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 07:42:14 PM »
finally!!!

i begging for this a while now...

watched the last ANC in london, they was showing it on sky sports and the games were really exciting...

look out for flowing attacking football, suspect defending and woeful refereeing.. all the ingredients right there for an exciting tournament.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 08:49:31 PM »
finally!!!

i begging for this a while now...

watched the last ANC in london, they was showing it on sky sports and the games were really exciting...

look out for flowing attacking football, suspect defending and woeful refereeing.. all the ingredients right there for an exciting tournament.
I hear the tackling is very rough.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 06:49:29 AM »
Anyone catch the Etoile v Pachuca World Club game? I know Pachuca lost. Curious about the quality of the game.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 08:40:10 AM »
This Africans Cup would feature alot of stars....cant predict who would win yes...my bet is either Nigereia or Cameroon

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 10:03:57 AM »

JG,

african think the same thing bout caribbean football.

i is train with a kenyan side in atlanta. some man real fraid trini and jamaican tackle.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 10:58:21 AM »

JG,

african think the same thing bout caribbean football.

i is train with a kenyan side in atlanta. some man real fraid trini and jamaican tackle.
Myth busted then ?

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 02:45:29 PM »
ive been wanting to catch a ANC game live for de longest. wish they brought it here. i backing cote d'ivoire.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 09:56:24 AM »
Same kinda wave ... the big derby, Kaizer Chiefs v Orlando Pirates ran all over Europe the day before the WC draw ... may have had more to do with trying to make $ off of the WC wave but still headturning a kinda way

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »
my team has always been ghana... :beermug:

God is de BOSS...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 12:46:18 PM »
Ivory Coast pick injured Drogba

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer

The Ivory Coast named their injured captain Didier Drogba in a preliminary squad of 26 for next month's African Nations Cup.

Drogba, who underwent knee surgery on Saturday, was included in a list compiled by coach Uli Stielike.

The Chelsea striker's club manager Avram Grant said on Monday he expected Drogba to be out for three weeks.

This would allow him to make the Nations Cup finals starting on 20 January in Ghana.

Drogba is one of 17 players retained from the 23-man Ivorian squad that finished runners-up at the last Nations Cup tournament in Egypt in early 2006.

Goalkeeper Tiassa Kone from new Ivory Coast champions Africa Sports is the only home-based player in the squad.

He is also the only uncapped player.

The Ivory Coast play in Group B in Sekondi with Nigeria, Mali and Benin, at the tournament which runs through to February. 10.

Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Boubacar Barry (Lokeren, Belgium), Tiasse Kone (Africa Sports), Stephan Loboue (SpVgg Greuther Furth, Germany)

Defenders:
Athur Boka (VfB Stuttgart, Germany), Guy Demel (Hamburg SV, Germany), Constant Djakpa (Pandurii Targu Jiu, Romania), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal, England), Steve Gohouri (Borussia Moenchengladbach, Germany), Abdoulaye Meite (Bolton Wanderers, England), Kolo Toure (Arsenal, England), Marc Zoro (Benfica, Portugal)

Midfielders:
Emerse Fae (Reading, England), Christian Koffi Ndri (Le Mans, France), Siaka Tiene (St Etienne, France), Gilles Yapi Yapo (Young Boys Berne, Switzerland), Gneri Yaya Toure (Barcelona, Spain), Didier Zokora (Tottenham Hotspur, England)

Strikers:
Aruna Dindane (Racing Lens, France), Amara Diane (Paris St Germain, France), Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou (both Chelsea, England), Abdelkader Keita (Olympique Lyon, France), Arouna Kone (Sevilla, Spain), Bakary Kone (Nice, France), Gervais Yao Kouassi (Le Mans, France), Boubacar Sanogo (Werder Bremen, Germany)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 01:23:10 PM »
Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Boubacar Barry (Lokeren, Belgium), Tiasse Kone (Africa Sports), Stephan Loboue (SpVgg Greuther Furth, Germany)

Defenders:
Athur Boka (VfB Stuttgart, Germany), Guy Demel (Hamburg SV, Germany), Constant Djakpa (Pandurii Targu Jiu, Romania), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal, England), Steve Gohouri (Borussia Moenchengladbach, Germany), Abdoulaye Meite (Bolton Wanderers, England), Kolo Toure (Arsenal, England), Marc Zoro (Benfica, Portugal)

Midfielders:
Emerse Fae (Reading, England), Christian Koffi Ndri (Le Mans, France), Siaka Tiene (St Etienne, France), Gilles Yapi Yapo (Young Boys Berne, Switzerland), Gneri Yaya Toure (Barcelona, Spain), Didier Zokora (Tottenham Hotspur, England)

Strikers:
Aruna Dindane (Racing Lens, France), Amara Diane (Paris St Germain, France), Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou (both Chelsea, England), Abdelkader Keita (Olympique Lyon, France), Arouna Kone (Sevilla, Spain), Bakary Kone (Nice, France), Gervais Yao Kouassi (Le Mans, France), Boubacar Sanogo (Werder Bremen, Germany)
That squad is very impressive.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 04:28:42 PM »
I can tel you it's damn exciting football.

You see many good teams that you might not see otherwise.

I have seen the last two AFCs on Euro Sport.

I sitll waiting for dem f**k^%s to bring the GC or at least the quarters, etc.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 04:35:12 PM »
Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Strikers:

I went to the Argentina-Ivory Coast game in the World Cup.  That Ivory Coast squad is worries. 

Men to watch is Dindane, Boka (one of the best left backs in the world in my books), and Yaya Toure

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »
Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Strikers:

Jah G, yuh coulda bold a few more yuh know ... Bakary Kone is a pleasure to watch and who can forget that scorcher he scored against Holland during the WC. Boka is also a wicked player. He reminds me of the Senegalese player Omar Daf.

What's also impressive about this team is their commitment to the game in spite of the political situation at home.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 05:10:26 PM »
On paper they and Ghana should at least make a final, but then again that is paper. I suppose Nigeria and Cameroon will want to re-emerge into the thick of things.

One thing though, South Africa will host the World Cup in 2010 and you can't even vouch for their possible performance in the ANC, that kinda sad.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 05:31:23 PM »
Precisely. Let's see what the Brazilian has come up with regarding SA.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 05:32:37 PM »
ANC is a stage for a coach to lose his portfolio.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 05:59:44 PM »
The trouble is i am still trying to figure out which African team i should support as a caribbean man  ;D
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »
Anyone catch the Etoile v Pachuca World Club game? I know Pachuca lost. Curious about the quality of the game.

descent quality nothing out ah dis world but it wasnt substandard.

goal was off ah defelction................pachuca shoulda atleast have 1 penalty but so it goh sometime
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 07:49:54 PM »
Eto go be a major threat for Cameroon  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 09:20:39 PM »
Squad:

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Strikers:

Jah G, yuh coulda bold a few more yuh know ... Bakary Kone is a pleasure to watch and who can forget that scorcher he scored against Holland during the WC. Boka is also a wicked player. He reminds me of the Senegalese player Omar Daf.

What's also impressive about this team is their commitment to the game in spite of the political situation at home.

he coulda also bold abdoulaye meite..

last ANC, one player that stood out for me was Roudolph Douala, a dread winger from cameroon. really thought he woulda take off after that, and he went to Portsmouth and didnt really see much action.. think he is back at sporting lisbon now...

lasting image from last tournament was Mido's bitch fit after getting sub in the semis.. only for his replacement to score the winning goal with his first touch..

waaay ah cyah wait..

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 10:03:47 PM »
keita is pretty deadly also....hell de whole of cote d'ivoire flikkin dangerous....them taking everything. cote d'ivoire WILL be a major threat when WC 2010 come around. you heard here first
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
On paper they and Ghana should at least make a final, but then again that is paper. I suppose Nigeria and Cameroon will want to re-emerge into the thick of things.

One thing though, South Africa will host the World Cup in 2010 and you can't even vouch for their possible performance in the ANC, that kinda sad.

someone need to post ghana team... there one nation with the most players playing in various leagues in the world... ivory coast i must say is a pleasure to watch, i fine alot of people 4getting senegal which is also deadly on their day...

God is de BOSS....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 05:16:04 AM »
ooooooohhhh ah cyar wait!!!..... :drool:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 01:53:57 PM »
Pure niceness
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 06:00:53 PM »
Pompey's Traore dropped by Mali

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7138382.stm
French-born Traore has not played for Mali for the last year
Portsmouth defender Djimi Traore has been left out of Mali's preliminary squad of 28 for next month's African Nations Cup finals in Ghana.

French-born Traore has not played for Mali for the last year.

He was omitted from the side when he went on holiday rather than play for his country in two Nations Cup qualifiers in June.

Traore won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005 but has played just four games for Portsmouth this season.

Coach Jean Francois Jodar has handed a recall to AJ Auxerre defender Sammy Traore, whose last game was also in October 2006 and Sekou Berthe, who had been suspended.

French-born Oumar Sissoko, who has played a single game for Metz, has been called up for the first time and is one of just two goalkeepers named in the squad.

Also in the squad for the first time are 18-year-old Nice midfielder Mahamane Traore and Amiens striker Bakaye Traore.

The squad will be trimmed to 23 before the Nations Cup kicks off on 20 January.

Mali, who have been drawn in Group B with Benin, the Ivory Coast and Nigeria, plan to hold a training camp in the United Arab Emirates from 7 January.

Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Mahamadou Sidibe (PAS Giannina), Oumar Sissoko (Metz)

Defenders:
Sekou Berthe (Panionios), Adama Coulibaly (Lens), Moussa Coulibaly (Mouloudia Alger), Souleymane Diamoutene (Lecce), Fousseyni Diawara (St Etienne), Cedric Kante (Nice), Boubacar Sidiki Kone (Maghreb Fes), Eric Sekou Chelle (Valenciennes), Adama Tamboura (Helsingborg), Sammy Traore (AJ Auxerre)

Midfielders:
Soumaila Coulibaly (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Drissa Diakite (Nice), Mahamadou Diarra (Real Madrid), Alphousseini Keita (Le Mans), Seydou Keita (Sevilla), Djibril Sidibe (Chateauroux), Momo Sissoko (Liverpool), Bassala Toure (Levadiakos), Mahamane Traore (Nice)

Strikers:
Mamadou Diallo (Qatar SC), Mahamadou Dissa (Roeselare), Frederic Kanoute (Sevilla), Modibo Maiga (Le Mans), Mamady Sidibe (Stoke City), Bakaye Traore (Amiens), Dramane Traore (Lokomotiv Moscow)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 06:05:26 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7138557.stm

Anichebe to miss Nigeria Cup bid

Everton striker Victor Anichebe has been left out of Nigeria's squad for the African Nations Cup.

Anichebe has yet to play for his country of birth despite being called up several times.

He has also been sought after by the England under-21 team but has insisted his loyalty is with the Super Eagles.

Coach Berti Vogts said on Tuesday that he was taking his best players to training camp in Spain on 4 January.

"My target is to win the cup and we can do that with a bit of luck," said the German coach.

The squad was predictable but includes three players from the Nigeria team that won the under-17 World Cup in Korea in September.

Vogts said these players would only be there for the experience.

Squad:

Goalkeepers:
Austin Ejide (Bastia/FRA), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda/ISR), Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv/ISR)

Defenders:
Rabiu Afolabi (Sochaux/FRA), Danny Shittu (Watford/ENG), Onyekachi Apam (OGC Nice/FRA), Obinna Nwaneri (FC Sion/SWI), Joseph Yobo (Everton/ENG), Ifeanyi Emeghara (Steaua Bucharest/ROM), Kingsley Udoh (Akwa United), Efe Ambrose (Kaduna United), Taye Taiwo (Marseille/FRA)

Midfielders:
Seyi Olofinjana (Wolves/ENG), Dickson Etuhu (Sunderland/ENG) 8), Richard Eromoigbe (Levski Sofia/BUL), John Mikel Obi (Chelsea/ENG), Sani Kaita (Sparta Rotterdam/NED), Onyekachi Okonkwo (FC Zurich/SWI), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kyiv/UKR), Lukman Haruna (Crystal Academy), Rabiu Ibrahim (Sporting Lisbon/POR), Oladapo Olufemi (Boavista/POR)

Strikers:
Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth/ENG), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow/RUS), Mannaseh Ishiaku (MSV Duisburg/GER), Ikechukwu Uche (CF Getafe/SPA), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton/ENG), Ayodele Makinwa (SS Lazio/ITA), Obinna Nsofor (Chievo Verona/ITA), Obafemi Martins (Newcastle/ENG)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 07:30:37 PM »
The tournament will be hosted by Ghana and matches will be played at 4 venues.

Baba Yara Stadium (Kumasi)

Ohene Djan Stadium (Accra)

Tamale Stadium (Tamale)

Sekondi-Takoradi Stadium (Sekondi-Takoradi)

1]; } ?>