Wim Rijsbergen
16 (21.3%)
Must be Dutch
15 (20%)
PFL Coach
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: June 29, 2006, 06:00:57 PM

Author Topic: PICK THE NEXT COACH !!  (Read 20586 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Re: PICK THE NEXT COACH !!
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2006, 07:41:19 AM »
What have we or a local coach learned from the hiring of Mr.Bennie.

1. Not to be partial despite a players talent.

2. Professionalism

3. Defence can help you win games

4. Scouting

5. Stick to your game plan despite what your critic says.

6. Stay away from football politics because it can hurt your team when it's on the highest level.

I believe that we should hire a local coach to groom and give him a two year contract which will save us some money.  If he does not produce... then go after a foreign coach with experience and pay him the money that you saved from the last two years. Right now our main idea should be the grooming of our younger players and getting them the experience that needed to play on the highest level with speed. Tactics would be needed for the Gold Cup and World Cup so the hiring of a great coach will needed then!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2006, 09:14:14 AM »
I like the idea but i would do it the other way around.  I would hire de foreign first to get the youths tactically sound (whilst local coaches look on) then give it to de local coach with local & foreign   experience to carry it home.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2006, 09:18:58 AM »
No local player or coach is good enough to be TT national coach.

There I said it.

The Soca Warriors are a big team now.

We are a World Cup side and only the best must coach us....no guessing ting.

You have to be able to conduct interviews, talk in different languages, do proper PR, not give away any secrets, not bow to public pressure scruitiny etc.
You must not be a puppet to jack, the local coaches and you must not have any friend in local footballing circles.

You must know how to prepare teams, scout, have different playing styles, know how to set up camps, training methods, injuries and psychology and

last but not least.

Command the respect of your charges and have the experience or resume to back up your actions.

It is not a white people better, it is not a colonial mentality. It is just the locals are not adequate and I think our national team is too important to be tinkered with by an amature.

We must simply get the best man for the job.

If you pay peanuts you will attract monkeys.

We need to fork out the dollars and hire a big coach. There is no getting around that.

Bring Back Beenhakker

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2006, 09:20:48 AM »
I heard rumors that we getting de current portugal coach Luis Phillipe Scolari
 :beermug:

Well, Portugal has been performing exceedingly well (never mind yesterday's debacle)   :o

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2006, 09:21:31 AM »

Globalisation and Outsourcing...thats what successful entities do.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2006, 09:23:40 AM »
T&T needs a south american coach not another euorpean coach.

If the game plan is to go back to the WC, then I would think you all need European coaches.   After all,  T&T would be facing European teams.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2006, 11:38:28 AM »
Anyone who thinks that a local coach with no international coaching experince can help us qualify for a WC cannot be serious!

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2006, 11:51:53 AM »

There I said it.

You have to be able to conduct interviews, talk in different languages, do proper PR, not give away any secrets, not bow to public pressure scruitiny etc.
You must not be a puppet to jack, the local coaches and you must not have any friend in local footballing circles.

You must know how to prepare teams, scout, have different playing styles, know how to set up camps, training methods, injuries and psychology and

last but not least.

Command the respect of your charges and have the experience or resume to back up your actions.

It is not a white people better, it is not a colonial mentality. It is just the locals are not adequate and I think our national team is too important to be tinkered with by an amature.

We need to fork out the dollars and hire a big coach. There is no getting around that.

Bring Back Beenhakker

Totally true.    You guys are no longer in the small leagues so if you want to win, you have to pick a winner.    And living in an even smaller island, I can attest to the damage of being friends with this one and ther other one.   After a while, the agendas get too mixed up to benefit anyone.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2006, 12:12:34 PM »
well i eh think latas and yorke ready to be coach at this level, anton corneal eh ready either..we need ha coach wiht internatioal experince... so anyone with internationl  experience is  a play

Thank you Organic, I was wondering who would say it first. Latas is not ready to coach a World Cup team.
What I think would be great is if they took control of the under 20 and under 16 get their feet wet and then graduate to the senior team. 

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2006, 01:00:47 PM »

There I said it.

last but not least.

Bring Back Beenhakker

I can agree with the points made about an international coach but in gettin to de nitty gritty what exactly does a head coach do? 
Everything except for haveing de respect of your charges and giving them something & someone to believe in can be bought.
Pr, scouting, interview, camps are all mainstream things that is no secret to anyone. The diffrentiating thing I believe with a headcoach is how he can get his people/Team to respond to all that other stuff that you refered to as additional tasks of a headcoach. I think that Wim & Co. did a great job in scouting, tactics, camps, and everything else they did and they can do it again but the task of giving de Team someone to believe in and rely on, I think that Shaka, Yorke & Latas can do that.  De proof is in de pudding.  With everything that Beenhacker did, even if they were firing on all pistons they still cranked it up a notch when one Mr Russell Latapy took de field and anyone who disagrees wid dat fooling demselves. In essence Latas got a little more thru inspiration from de Team that even Beenie couldn't muster.

Lets get all the Technical people and things needed, money could buy that.... but lets leave the inspiring part up to the local heroes that has done the hero-ing already.     
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2006, 01:09:15 PM »

There I said it.

last but not least.

Bring Back Beenhakker

Touches Ent!  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2006, 01:19:07 PM »
well i eh think latas and yorke ready to be coach at this level, anton corneal eh ready either..we need ha coach wiht internatioal experince... so anyone with internationl  experience is  a play

Thank you Organic, I was wondering who would say it first. Latas is not ready to coach a World Cup team.
What I think would be great is if they took control of the under 20 and under 16 get their feet wet and then graduate to the senior team. 

They said that California Klinsman wasn't ready either and he has brought a fresh look to Germany's  normal boring but semi-efficient style.

And their de best looking Team in de WC to date I might add.....  Why are we so afraid....?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2006, 04:59:19 PM »
People come on, we all love Latapy and Yorke as players, but tuh just take up head coach job just so, nah. Latapy should continue tuh build his resume as a coach in Europe, or may be come back on de team, replace Corneal and work under ah recognised coach as Hidink,or any other top class coach. Yorke, is de same situation, he could start building his resume out there or come back as an assistant. Remember we jus took our game tuh ah next level, with dat solid performance in de world cup. From now on we have tuh continue tuh dominate de Caribbean and stay as one of de top 3 concacaf teams.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 05:27:38 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2006, 05:02:33 PM »
Dunno how Rene Simoes not up there
Ketch footballitis

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2006, 05:40:51 PM »
All this talk about coach...................... we need players!!!!!!!!!

Get them youths ready, Send the u 17s and thye u 21s on tours... down in south america and central america.... get dem boy ready....

then we can talk about coach.....

My friend we could have talented and experience players, as we had in de past, but without de right coach, as Beenie said, we will have 11 individuals and not a team playing together.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2006, 06:08:50 PM »

There I said it.

last but not least.

Bring Back Beenhakker

I can agree with the points made about an international coach but in gettin to de nitty gritty what exactly does a head coach do? 
Everything except for haveing de respect of your charges and giving them something & someone to believe in can be bought.
Pr, scouting, interview, camps are all mainstream things that is no secret to anyone. The diffrentiating thing I believe with a headcoach is how he can get his people/Team to respond to all that other stuff that you refered to as additional tasks of a headcoach. I think that Wim & Co. did a great job in scouting, tactics, camps, and everything else they did and they can do it again but the task of giving de Team someone to believe in and rely on, I think that Shaka, Yorke & Latas can do that.  De proof is in de pudding.  With everything that Beenhacker did, even if they were firing on all pistons they still cranked it up a notch when one Mr Russell Latapy took de field and anyone who disagrees wid dat fooling demselves. In essence Latas got a little more thru inspiration from de Team that even Beenie couldn't muster.

Lets get all the Technical people and things needed, money could buy that.... but lets leave the inspiring part up to the local heroes that has done the hero-ing already.     

:applause: :applause:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2006, 01:16:21 AM »

cruiff doesnt even want to coach holland,he for sure does not wAnt to coach t&t.
advocaat trains zenit st petersburg

I think there is a big chance that The Been might stay at t&t
He told dutch tv he will make a decision within 3 days

so we will hear something soon

latas ,yorke  have no experience,and that is just what t&t needs.

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2006, 08:45:56 AM »
if beenie not stayin (and i hope he decides to stay) go with he assistant wim
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline saintsman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2006, 09:01:27 AM »
latas for 2014 have to show results with a team before he get the job, plus is he who big up theobald so he done making mistakes

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2006, 10:34:48 AM »
if beenie not stayin (and i hope he decides to stay) go with he assistant wim

See what Korea do; they gone with the assistant coach.  Continuity is the key.  Makes no sense to progress and then have to start over again.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »
Del Bosque, loved the brand of football he promoted at real madrid

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2006, 11:50:52 AM »

We have to be careful the people we want. Del Bosque worked well with a bunch of superstars. Now coaching a national team without superstars is an entirely different concept. In fact Del Bosque turned down national coach of Spain and it got handed down to Aragones. National coach is a much different thing from club manager and most coaches realise that eventually.

But I did love the football he promoted at Real

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2006, 11:53:13 AM »

We have to be careful the people we want. Del Bosque worked well with a bunch of superstars. Now coaching a national team without superstars is an entirely different concept. In fact Del Bosque turned down national coach of Spain and it got handed down to Aragones. National coach is a much different thing from club manager and most coaches realise that eventually.

But I did love the football he promoted at Real

yup quite true, maybe real should try hard to get him back.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2006, 03:33:29 PM »
Ok.  So we had one "big name"  coach, but that doesn't mean every big name coach should be on our shortlist.  Also, who make us feel that every big name coach will want to coach us?  Leh we not get too beside ourselves.  We need the right fit, and many of the big names that man on this site calling, will not make the right fit.  Beenie was an exception.  Ah man like Bora Milutinovich would be a good fit, because he has learned to work with countires that are somewhat limited in their talent pool.  We need ah man that is in his mold.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

There I said it.

last but not least.

Bring Back Beenhakker

now i am asking.. not stating...
Do you think that local coaches that had the job were given the kinda funds and tools to do the job that beenie was given...

if BSC went to ttfa or jack and ask for so much to go and watch sweeden and england play a couple games.. would they have given it to him.

if our players have the skills and knowledge to make it.. why not the coaches....

will a foreign coach also coach at all youth levels.... because it hadda start somewhere.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2006, 04:22:40 PM »
I agree with tenorsaw, just calling a set of big name coach and then hiring one don't mean it will work.  It is all about finding a good fit.  If Leo leaves, I feel men like Wim, Bora, Rene Simoes and Arena (just joking about that one) should be considered.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2006, 06:07:04 PM »

There I said it.

last but not least.

Bring Back Beenhakker

now i am asking.. not stating...
Do you think that local coaches that had the job were given the kinda funds and tools to do the job that beenie was given...

if BSC went to ttfa or jack and ask for so much to go and watch sweeden and england play a couple games.. would they have given it to him.

if our players have the skills and knowledge to make it.. why not the coaches....

will a foreign coach also coach at all youth levels.... because it hadda start somewhere.

agreed the playing field for local coaches vs. de big foreign coaches is unequal.

ttff have to decide if t&t football is a venue for the players or the coaches. either they hand the reins to the local man or get the players the best coaching available.

and it's one or the other, not both.  :( :(

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2006, 06:29:39 PM »
I really hope beenhaker stays or wim......if not i would like us to keep the dutch influence in our game because it works for us.
The only other coach i had in mind altho he isnt dutch is martin o'neil former celtic coach.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2006, 06:55:12 PM »
I really hope beenhaker stays or wim......if not i would like us to keep the dutch influence in our game because it works for us.
The only other coach i had in mind altho he isnt dutch is martin o'neil former celtic coach.

Could someone explain to me exactly what is this dutch influence ppl refering too ? Like did we play a dutch system ala who? Did the dutch play a similar system ? Did we play ah old Real system instituted bt a dutch coach ? or was it really ah mexican system by a dutch coach adapted to ah past Tobogonian system, controlled by a Tobagonian captain trained by a Man U system, with ah lil piece of down under ?

What were the indicators of this system, that made it different from the French system , or Spanish system for eg..? :D

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2006, 07:02:12 PM »

Could someone explain to me exactly what is this dutch influence ppl refering too ? Like did we play a dutch system ala who? Did the dutch play a similar system ? Did we play ah old Real system instituted bt a dutch coach ? or was it really ah mexican system by a dutch coach adapted to ah past Tobogonian system, controlled by a Tobagonian captain trained by a Man U system, with ah lil piece of down under ?

What were the indicators of this system, that made it different from the French system , or Spanish system for eg..? :D

Ah know yuh bein facetious....but....I think it is a philosophy rather than a system with ball possession being emphasised.  I don't remember a T&T team that continually kept or tried to keep possession and build the play as much as this team.

Jes my crumb a hops bread.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>