May 16, 2024, 10:26:14 AM

Author Topic: 3 confess to Vindra’s murder  (Read 39421 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
3 confess to Vindra’s murder
« on: March 02, 2007, 08:36:33 AM »
this is some disturbing shit if it true.

jamaat = the trini mafia????

3 confess to Vindra’s murder
By NALINEE SEELAL Friday, March 2 2007

THREE members of the Jamaat Al Muslimeen yesterday confessed to their lawyer of their role in the kidnapping, murder and dismemberment of the body of Extra Foods Chief Executive Officer Vindra Naipaul-Coolman in Decem-ber last year.

The 51-year-old businesswoman was snatched outside her Lange Park, Chaguanas, home on the night of December 19 last year.

A report submitted by United Kingdom officers based at the Special Anti-Crime Unit of Trinidad and Tobago (SAUTT) revealed that Naipaul-Coolman was also shot.

Yesterday, the three men met for one hour with attorney Odai Ramischand at a secret location and revealed all the details from the time Naipaul-Coolman was snatched to the disposal of her body.

The men who appeared scared said that two members of their organisation who were also involved in the kidnapping were given instructions to execute them at all costs.

One of the men who was trembling while being interviewed by Ramischand said he and the two others have been in hiding and wanted to give themselves up to the police on the condition that they be granted immunity and be placed in a safe house.

Late yesterday, attempts were being made by Ramischand to hand over the men to Gilbert Reyes, Assistant Commissioner of Police in Charge of Crime.

The men claimed that on the night of December 19, they, along with nine others, were given specific instructions to grab Naipaul-Coolman, take her to a house at La Puerta Avenue, Diego Martin, and then the ransom demand would be paid.

According to the men, the kidnapping was botched when one of the kidnappers fired a shot at the vehicle in which Naipaul-Coolman was seated.

The bullet struck her on the left side of the breast.

She was driven to La Puerta, where she was allowed to speak briefly to her husband Rennie Coolman.

During her stay at the house in La Puerta, the kidnappers got a doctor to visit Naipaul-Coolman and administer medication to her but her health started deteriorating.

The doctor told the kidnappers that the life of the kidnap victim was in limbo because her wound had become infected due to diabetes.

On December 20, Naipaul-Coolman was raped by one of the men guarding her at the house.

On Thursday December 21, she succumbed to her gunshot injuries and died.

Her abductors panicked and a decision was made to dismember the body.

According to one of the three men, the body was wrapped in a cloth and taken to Central where it was disposed off.

The three men said that following the death of Naipaul-Coolman they learned that instructions were given to kill them and they have been in hiding since.

They contacted a friend who advised them to go to Ramischand so that arrangements could be made for them to be granted immunity and protection.

Ramischand told Newsday late yesterday that once the three witnesses are in police custody, they will approach the Director of Public Prosecutions on the matter. On January 6, Assistant Police Commissioner James Philbert received a tip off that Naipaul-Coolman was being kept in a house at La Puerta.

A large contingent of police and soldiers locked down the area and a thorough search was carried out.

A helicopter was also used in the search and seven persons were arrested.

Newsday reported exclusively on January 7 that a man in custody confessed that Naipaul-Coolman was chopped to bits after she died.

The suspect was interviewed by the police but later released.

Crime Stoppers offered a reward of $100,000 for information leading to the whereabouts of Naipaul-Coolman, while Lange Park residents also offered a reward.

The police later received a tip-off from a man who claimed that the body of Naipaul-Coolman was dumped in a pond at Depot Road, Longdenville.

This led to a week-long search from January 16 to the 20 which netted nothing.

On February 2, Rennie Coolman the husband of Naipaul-Coolman held a joint press briefing with ACP Crime Gilbert Reyes and declared that he was of the view that his wife was still alive.

“My life has turned to shreds” he said while at the press briefing.

Reyes said that the police had no reason to believe that Naipaul-Coolman was dead and the police were still in a search and rescue mode.

Sookdeo Naipaul, the father of the kidnap victim also pleaded with the kidnappers to give information to the police so that the family could have closure in the matter.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: 3 confess to Vindra’s murder
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 08:38:42 AM »
so sad.
maybe now her fmaily can have some closure.
mayeshe rest in peace!!!!!!
bloody parasites
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 08:48:15 AM »
no....oh no

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 08:52:54 AM »
Very 4king sad. I have to ask.. they mentioned that a Dr visited her.. is this Dr not also an accomplice then? How does a family not only deal with the fact that their loved one is now confirmed dead, but now they know the gory details.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 09:04:11 AM »
Andre, which news source was this?

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 09:19:01 AM »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:29:38 AM »
www.newsday.co.tt
hmmm ah wonder if dcs eh go believe this cause this is a newsday article. lol.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 11:21:22 AM »
this worse than sad..

so a doctor visit her and he eh say nothing?

I sure Abu Bakr go still be walking free

boy watch somebody will go and assassinate he ass just now eh. I hope he get it in he face.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 11:26:35 AM »
Why???

to add insult to injury, according to the article, they even rape her while she was dying ....

Why?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 11:43:40 AM »
this worse than sad..

so a doctor visit her and he eh say nothing?

I sure Abu Bakr go still be walking free

boy watch somebody will go and assassinate he ass just now eh. I hope he get it in he face.

Bakr & his hordes walking round like boss commting these acts. time for the Government to start treating dem like how Israel does deal with dem Hamas leaders - targeted assassinations.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 11:54:04 AM »
Is true,,wha is dat doctor ting?  I doubt dat was  h real doctor,,unless they threaten de man family to keep quiet

Democracy is ah hell of ah ting
Dis man walking around cool cool since 1990 because we have to uphold rule of law and democracy

Sometimes dictator tactics really are needed,,still,, I kinda surprised no rich man never hire ah foreign hit man to smoke bakr an done.

I hope Vindra N-Coolman can rest in peace
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 12:12:08 PM »
Is true,,wha is dat doctor ting?  I doubt dat was  h real doctor,,unless they threaten de man family to keep quiet

Dis man walking around cool cool since 1990 because we have to uphold rule of law and democracy

Sometimes dictator tactics really are needed,,still,, I kinda surprised no rich man never hire ah foreign hit man to smoke bakr an done.

guess is the same thing like how the mafia have they own dr's. maybe bakr did hima favour back in d e day who knows. what ever de reason he in bed Whit the devil whether is rape or consensual

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 12:12:52 PM »
Dis is real sad  :( Everyone knows who is comitting de crimes..but nothing can't be done..why?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 12:14:20 PM »
Dis is real sad  :( Everyone knows who is comitting de crimes..but nothing can't be done..why?

Big Up!
like we need to see if movant have any ex spec ops operator fren and pay him ah ah 100 000 to put ha bullet in bakr head.!!!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 12:21:12 PM »

Big Up!
like we need to see if movant have any ex spec ops operator fren and pay him ah ah 100 000 to put ha bullet in bakr head.!!!

boy ah feel even Movant fraid dat man...ah tink he safer in iraq oui..

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »

Big Up!

boy ah feel even Movant fraid dat man...ah tink he safer in iraq oui..

Big Up!
dais y i say ha fren. at nay rate it wont eb safe for movant ah an ex pat. we need ah forginer... like u yuh never put ha hit on someone or had osme oen assainated ah what.
btw i hear movant only have mouth..lol jk

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 03:23:55 PM »
Well dey want immunity ent? no problem man....give dem immunity from prosecution. Take dey testimony.....and release dey ass on de street and let whoever hire dem well and properly 4k dem up. Is rape dem rape de woman while she dyin? Steupssssssss......nah man. And dat doctor ass hadda get someting to. Dat is slackness to de highest order.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 06:27:37 PM »
Well dey want immunity ent? no problem man....give dem immunity from prosecution. Take dey testimony.....and release dey ass on de street and let whoever hire dem well and properly 4k dem up. Is rape dem rape de woman while she dyin? Steupssssssss......nah man. And dat doctor ass hadda get someting to. Dat is slackness to de highest order.

For real, dem three fellas in a mess. If d public want yuh dead, d police want yuh dead and, even worse, Muslimeen want yuh dead....yuh dead.

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 07:10:28 PM »
Very sad,  I hope the lawyers who decide to defend these indivuduals have integrity.

PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 11:53:58 PM »

I remember dat happen once...some Syrian family hire a hit man from foreign, he come and do his thing, ride out... dey get their family member back

as fuh de Muslimeen...all of dem have to get smoke, not one should remain

anyway apart from all this talk....I also hope Vinda Naipaul-Coolman can rest in peace, and her family can somehow cope.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2007, 08:05:17 AM »
i don't know what to believe anymore

Whodunit?

THE GUARDIAN story..
Conflicting reports on Vindra’s kidnapping

Lawyer: 3 men say they did it
Police: No one has confessed
BY GEISHA KOWLESSAR

CONTRADICTION surrounds reports on the fate of kidnapped business executive Vindra Naipaul-Coolman, with attorney Odai Ramischand insisting he heard gory confessions of three men involved in her abduction, and Police Commissioner Trevor Paul saying no confession exists.

Naipaul-Coolman was snatched from the driveway of her home at Lange Park, Chaguanas, on December 19, 2006.

Yesterday, Ramischand maintained three men confessed to him that Naipaul-Coolman had been shot, raped and dismembered.

But a tough-talking Paul declared he was told that no one made any confessions to Ramischand.

In a strongly-worded press release issued yesterday from the CoP’s office, Paul said he had a discussion with Ramischand “who confirmed that no one has confessed to him about being involved in Vindra’s murder.”

But, according to the release, the CoP stated he did not want to “disclose any additional information on the matter” as it was of a “sensitive nature.”

Ramischand, however, attributed the CoP statement to legal semantics. He said Paul might have been referring to the fact that the confessions had not yet been recorded in writing.

He said the men were infuriated by Paul’s comments, which might influence their own response when he met with them. They were due to meet again last evening, Ramischand said.

Police sources said officers spent the greater part of yesterday at Ramischand’s home, hoping that the suspects would turn up.

But after several hours, the lawmen left empty-handed.

Ramischand insisted that three men who had contacted him—in the hope of obtaining immunity from the Director of Public Prosecutions—were acting as guards on behalf of “a kingpin” during the Naipaul-Coolman kidnapping.

He said he was contacted yesterday by Paul, who asked if he (Ramischand) wanted to meet with the police.

I told Paul, ‘Not at this time,’” Ramischand said. “He (Paul) asked me if I had any statements, and I told him I did not have written statements, but I had oral statements and that these statements could stand up in a court of law.”

Ramischand also claimed the three men identified a former senior member of the Jamaat-al-Muslimeen as the mastermind behind the abduction.

According to the attorney, the men were merely acting as “small fry” for a “bigger fish” who even had a doctor under his control to attend to Naipaul-Coolman when she was shot.

Asked why the men chose him to confess, Ramischand said: “They were referred to me.”

He said: “This crime really affected them because certain things went wrong. This was supposed to go a certain way and it did not.

“The men were very upset when she (Naipaul-Coolman) was raped because that was not supposed to happen. They were really bothered by that.”

Ramischand also said that ACP (Crime) Gilbert Reyes contacted him via his cellphone three times yesterday.

Ramischand did not want the details of the conversations publicised.

I am shaken by what is happening. I am an attorney and I believe I have a duty to the nation,” Ramischand said.

Contacted late yesterday, Reyes refused to comment, only saying that the matter was at a very sensitive stage.

COOLMAN: VINDRA ALIVE

The kidnap victim’s husband Rennie Coolman maintained his belief yesterday that his wife was still alive.

In a brief telephone interview, Coolman said he was unfazed by press reports on the alleged fate of his wife.

He said: “I am not going to let the article bother me. Let the police do their investigations and work.”

Asked if he believed there was any truth to the story, Coolman replied: “Once there is evidence and facts, then I can make a statement. But, for now, I cannot really comment on the matter.”

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited
Designed by: Randall Rajkumar-Maharaj · Updated daily by: Sheahan Farrell

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 08:17:17 AM by TriniCana »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2007, 08:10:50 AM »
THE EXPRESS story...
LAWYER FEARS FOR HIS LIFE

Vindra's kidnappers in hiding; ready to tell all to police

Denyse Renne drenne@trinidadexpress.com

AN ATTORNEY representing the three men who have confessed they know that kidnapped businesswoman Vindra Naipaul-Coolman is dead now fears for his life, while his clients have gone into hiding.

Speaking with the Express yesterday, attorney Odai Ramischand, who represents the men, said a media release sent by Commissioner of Police Trevor Paul yesterday, in which he stated that he "had a discussion with Mr Ramischand who confirmed that no one has confessed to him about being involved in Vindra's murder", had sparked fear into his clients.

"I never told the commissioner that," Ramischand said.

"Because of his statements a representative of the men called and let me know that the men are having problems trusting me.

"These men wanted to come forward and give closure to the situation."

Saying that the Naipaul case would be closer to being solved with the information which the men hold, Ramischand said he held a conversation with Paul on Thursday afternoon and told the commissioner he only had oral confessions from the men.

"I told Mr Paul that I will get written confessions from the men once they are given immunity and are placed in a safe house. I do not know if he misunderstood me when I said this," Ramischand said.

Adding that he was dealing with the matter as a lawyer who does not want to compromise his clients' rights, Ramischand said because of Paul's media release, "a dent has been made, which has frustrated the arrangement".

But Naipaul-Coolman's husband, Rennie Coolman, last night told TV6 he did not believe his wife was dead. He said the information purported to have been given by the men did not coincide with the period in which he spoke to his wife in the wake of her abduction.

Yesterday evening, Ramischand said while he too now fears for his life, his next step will be to mend bridges with the men, "then seek an appointment with Director of Public Prosecutions Geoffrey Henderson".

The three men are refusing to give written confessions to the police unless they are given immunity and also placed in protective custody, he said.

Police sources said following a meeting between Ramischand and a senior police officer, plans are already afoot to have the trio placed in protective care

The men reportedly told Ramischand they were part of a plot to kidnap the Naipaul's Supermarket chief executive officer on December 19 last year.

They reportedly gave Ramischand a detailed, graphic account of what took place when Naipaul-Coolman was snatched from her Lange Park, Chaguanas home, where she was being kept and how she allegedly succumbed to a gunshot wound and was subsequently buried in Central Trinidad.

Ramischand admitted that one of the men is a former senior member of the Jamaat-al-Muslimeen and his clients, "are the lesser mortals. They are not the planners, they were just guarding".

"They saw everything and did not agree to some of the things which were taking place," Ramischand said.

Meanwhile, Jamaat-al-Muslimeen leader Imam Yasin Abu Bakr yesterday distanced his organisation from reports that Ramischand's clients belong to the Jamaat.

"There is nobody who is a bona fide member of the Jamaat who is involved in that action or any such action," Bakr said.

Saying the Jamaat does not have to investigate the allegations, Bakr said, "We are 100 per cent sure that none of our members are involved. We condemn such actions."

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 08:16:25 AM »
Somebody answer these questions for me please

1. Who lying
2. What is really the intentions of this lawyer and OR the Commissioner
3. Does the husband know more than he is leading others to believe
4. Where this woman...it going on 2 months.
5. How come nobody didn't hear that supposed gun shot during the day

Always 3 sides to a story...the facts, his word and your understanding.

damn confusing  >:(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 08:19:07 AM by TriniCana »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 08:24:08 AM »
some of allya ent FRAID for some of the comments allya making  :o :o :o :o
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 09:08:15 AM »
some of allya ent FRAID for some of the comments allya making  :o :o :o :o

HUH?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 10:05:43 AM »
well i think she dead.so long ransom pay no word.
at any rate it will be cleared up soon enough. wait and see. next week. i eh saying nuttin.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »
do folks really think a dead Bakr means the end of the kidnappings and murders?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 10:47:05 AM »
do folks really think a dead Bakr means the end of the kidnappings and murders?
its a start. even alive in jail de man was calling shots queenie.
some poeple jus need to be outta th pic altogeher

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2007, 10:50:34 AM »
some people are bigger (or smaller) than their physical presence though. I have doubts that his death will do more than cause a religious upheaval but solve nothing else.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 11:04:26 AM »
some people are bigger (or smaller) than their physical presence though. I have doubts that his death will do more than cause a religious upheaval but solve nothing else.
i cant see how his death will cause a religious upheval. i see how it will cause a social one though it will leave a vacuumm in de cirme underworld. same as doles did.
but its a must.
 the muslim community in trinidad will do just fine wiht out him, in fatc i think they suffering because of him, thier image aint to righttous.

1]; } ?>