May 10, 2024, 05:35:16 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal vs Liverpool - Take 3  (Read 13633 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool - Take 3
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »
some good level headed posts by dwn and JDB..

dwn, just referring to your comment re Chelsea. When we were operating without Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Carvalho and Ballack throughout the xmas period and African nations cup absentees in january yet they managed pretty ok..

Don't forget that last season there was a stretch of games where the central defensive duo was essien and paulo ferreira.

For all the talk about the millions Chelsea have spent, people seem to forget that Mourinho did not recruit any "big name players" per say to achieve the success he did before this season.  The focus was on building a deep and capable squad with competition in all positions.

I don't think Arsenal's squad is as thin as is being made out to be and I feel Wenger must take some blame. Why was Walcott not given more opportunities on the wing and why is Senderos regressing so badly are some questions he needs to answer.

Why can't Hleb take a shot now and then, is small goal they playing in practice sessions?

hope they ponder that during the long summer.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2008, 10:04:16 AM »
I don't think Arsenal's squad is as thin as is being made out to be and I feel Wenger must take some blame. Why was Walcott not given more opportunities on the wing and why is Senderos regressing so badly are some questions he needs to answer.

senderos regressing badly? senderos was never good.

senderos has been making the same errors and (whenever he is on the field) has been at fault for a large number of goals conceded by arsenal over the last two seasons. but for some reason arsene wenger sticks with him/seems to like him.

it was the same thing last year. at the end of last season i thought wenger had lost patience with him. cause he started using gilberto as a central defender even when senderos was fit.

and then during last summer reports were saying that he was told he could leave the club w/ charlton interested. but senderos did not want to leave.

its seems (like w/ flamini) wenger had a change of heart regarding senderos this season. except unlike flamini, senderos has not come good.

when senderos broke onto the scene in the 2nd half of 2006 and gave some creditable performances in arsenal's CL campaign, people were impressed. but i always found he was slow, prone to concentration lapses and not very composed going into challenges and when making clearances. yes, he had some good games. but he was always a heart attack player to me, who barely got the job done (when he did). he was never commanding. never! (ha :-\ i always found the man was real sh*t)

i have always been a huge critic of senderos from day one. and it seems like its only now that a lot of people are taking notice of his deficiencies. but if you really examine his game for the past couple seasons you'd realise that this is nothing new from him. many fans have been calling for his head for a loooooong time now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:11:59 AM by dwn »

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2008, 10:40:21 AM »

dwn, just referring to your comment re Chelsea. When we were operating without Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Carvalho and Ballack throughout the xmas period and African nations cup absentees in january yet they managed pretty ok..

Don't forget that last season there was a stretch of games where the central defensive duo was essien and paulo ferreira.

For all the talk about the millions Chelsea have spent, people seem to forget that Mourinho did not recruit any "big name players" per say to achieve the success he did before this season.  The focus was on building a deep and capable squad with competition in all positions.

Why can't Hleb take a shot now and then, is small goal they playing in practice sessions?

hope they ponder that during the long summer.

thanks boss.... tell dem... is only a setta excuse they good for.... a next one saying that ALL THREE games against pool were hinged on "bad" (meaning the calls didn't go arsenal's way) referee decisions and insinuating that "they" didn't want Arsenal to go thru.  As if someone sent out a secret memo to all THREE(3) different Referees (uefa and epl) and notify them that pool must go through.... i never hear such assnes in my life as the excuses arsenal fans does come up with nah....

is always the world against them, because everybody on the planet fighting down they "beautiful football."  And is bout 5 years now they talking bout their "young" team and how they need to develop.  I guess everybody else grows and ages EXCEPT Arsenal players.... If yuh want to see a team with just as young players doing the business see Man United... Just swallow allyuh loss and go hibernate till friggin August....

Ah well, another trophy-less season and just more bitterness and excuses... somebody should compile the threads for the "end-of-season" in the last 5 years and tell me if they notice any differences with arsenal fans.... to quote a famous kaiso-- "ah fed up ah de same thing, OVER and OVER"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:50:45 AM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »
Oh lorse! Ah tell yuh, Arsenal go send me to therapy oui! As somebody said last night, doh send boys to do a man's job. I think is time for Wenger to do like everybody else (big 4) and buy de best (& probably most expensive) players and try to win trophies. Use de youth system to produce and sell players to get de dosh to buy de big names. Cause let's face it, dat is what Arsenal lacking, some big names.

For all the talk about Arsenal not buying big players people seem to forget that they lost to Liverpool.

Who are the big money players that Liverpool has that influence this tie? Liverpool buys plenty players but beyond Gerrard and Torres not many of them would be a step up on Arsenal players.

I think what showed up over the two legs was Arsenal's defending and the fact that Liverpool's team is older and more experienced. I am sure that Wenger is no fool and has intentions to bring in players that fit the club as they become available.

I keep hearing that Wenger pass on this player and that player as if Arsenal is the first calling post for players on sale and Wenger just trying to spite Arsenal by saying no.

Seems to me that Wenger is building a side that will develop into a good team and everybody crying for instant success.

Good point, this doesn't mean I will go back on my word. It would be nice if wenger brought a Solid center-back and one winger because Rosicky is very injury-prone. I'm not going OTT because if Arsenal had won yesterday people would have been saying how excellent Wenger is etc etc. I don't forget how good this team is and I'm sure Wenger doesn't want to bring in 6 big name signings nor do I want him to.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:59:08 AM by Carib-Briton »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »

Lies. When Senderos first came in 2004/2005 season majority of Arsenal fans at Highbury and in general were asking who is this guy and where has he come from? He was that impressive. Especially as we went 9 games in row with clean sheets.
Senderos' performances have regressed.
This is what I am talking about, it's easy to forget things.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2008, 11:16:26 AM »

Lies. When Senderos first came in 2004/2005 season majority of Arsenal fans at Highbury and in general were asking who is this guy and where has he come from? He was that impressive. Especially as we went 9 games in row with clean sheets.

He admitted that Senderos had some solid creditable performances, but in his opinion he was always prone to exposure...... I think what he was trying to say is that his performances didn't only JUST regress.... they've been questionable for some time. I agree with that too...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »

He admitted that Senderos had some solid creditable performances, but in his opinion he was always prone to exposure...... I think what he was trying to say is that his performances didn't only JUST regress.... they've been questionable for some time. I agree with that too...
Senderos is not the greatest defender in the world, I doubt he would be never talked about in that light and I am not his biggest fan neither but to suggest he was never good is basically implying he as always been poor which isn't the truth. I'm not going to lie about the guy even if I don't like the way he plays. I hope he finds somewhere else in his career to progress.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2008, 11:49:46 AM »

Senderos is not the greatest defender in the world, I doubt he would be never talked about in that light and I am not his biggest fan neither but to suggest he was never good is basically implying he as always been poor which isn't the truth. I'm not going to lie about the guy even if I don't like the way he plays. I hope he finds somewhere else in his career to progress.

I hear yuh....end of day too, ppl speak in relative terms too eh....In one thread a man would vouch for Brent Sancho's competence and wonder why he's unemployed, then turn around and label Senderos a sh*ttong....so in the context of the discussion, I could see where dwn is coming from (plus he real vex cuz he's staunch gunner fan  ;D ).... after all if Senderos was never good in pure and absolute terms, he'd be posting messages on a Swiss msg board somewhere as opposed to playing on the big stage for club & country..
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2008, 11:52:42 AM »
I ent go lie....this hurt meh bad.

From jumping up and feeling relief from the goal from Walcott and Adebayor score to watching that shit call.

I was really depressed yesterday.

I knew that penalty woulda score...Gerrard calm and composed and he dont miss so.

I was vex when Senderos let Hyppia score...Imagine a Corner being taken and you not watching the ball...you watching the player foot..they show dem replays over and over and he never look for the ball coming across. How the arse yuh expect to go and head it if you ent seeing it. That was a basic defender error.

Even Torres goal, they coulda get on him tighter and Toure let the ball bounce over he head...before Torres collect.

But that ref shit we up.

That call was undeserved and it shoulda go just like the first leg game....if it was a penalty the first leg game shoulda be a penalty too.

Now I have a lil hope we might beat Manu this Sun and then Chelsea beat them too and on the last day we win the title....(at least I can dream)

Eboue and Senderos need to go...I go even dump Bendtner.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2008, 11:56:18 AM »

I hear yuh....end of day too, ppl speak in relative terms too eh....In one thread a man would vouch for Brent Sancho's competence and wonder why he's unemployed, then turn around and label Senderos a sh*ttong....so in the context of the discussion, I could see where dwn is coming from (plus he real vex cuz he's staunch gunner fan  ;D ).... after all if Senderos was never good in pure and absolute terms, he'd be posting messages on a Swiss msg board somewhere as opposed to playing on the big stage for club & country..

So, when I stop posting in a few years time you know why....

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »
all yuh going back and forth, back and kissmeharse forth only taking up room on the people server

Arsenal is ah shit side plain and simple, as usual with years gone by they ride they luck to the very end and play way above expectation. I doh even think Arsenal supporters expected to get the better of Liverpool over 3 legs, come nuh man.
And doh blame them injures cause even with all dem players dey was still going and lorse.

And this weekend all yuh going and lorse in the EPL as well. So it going and turn into ah 2 horse race with Man U and Chelsea.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2008, 12:04:01 PM »

Now I have a lil hope we might beat Manu this Sun and then Chelsea beat them too and on the last day we win the title....(at least I can dream)

Més que un club.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2008, 01:36:58 PM »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2008, 01:51:09 PM »

cause their pretty girlie football idea is walking into d goal
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2008, 05:40:03 PM »
hope wenger spend money on ugly winners this summer

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2008, 10:00:43 PM »

yes thats what i meant. that his mistakes are not anything NEW. he's been error prone for some time now. even the season where they went x amount of clean sheets in the champions league, he was shown up in the EPL when ever he came up against strikers with pace and aggression.

by good i mean - good enough to play for a team with ambitions of being the best in europe. using that definition of good, senderos was never good.

anyone who knows me, would know that this was my opinion from the earlies.

i may have been asking who is this guy and where he came from - but it would have been because i was mystified as to why he was playing for arsenal.

and i'm not alone, i've been on arsenal message boards where many people shared the same sentiment. not just this season, not just last season, since 2005/06.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:02:34 PM by dwn »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:53:49 AM by Disgruntled_Trini »

Més que un club.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2008, 05:23:41 AM »

yes thats what i meant. that his mistakes are not anything NEW. he's been error prone for some time now. even the season where they went x amount of clean sheets in the champions league, he was shown up in the EPL when ever he came up against strikers with pace and aggression.

by good i mean - good enough to play for a team with ambitions of being the best in europe. using that definition of good, senderos was never good.

anyone who knows me, would know that this was my opinion from the earlies.

i may have been asking who is this guy and where he came from - but it would have been because i was mystified as to why he was playing for arsenal
and i'm not alone, i've been on arsenal message boards where many people shared the same sentiment. not just this season, not just last season, since 2005/06.

LOL
No one said you were alone, you made your point LOL like I said I don't like him neither but I would be lying if I said he wasn't impressive when he came on the scene ther latter 2004/2005 Season
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:25:20 AM by Carib-Briton »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2008, 06:25:44 AM »
No one said you were alone, you made your point LOL like I said I don't like him neither but I would be lying if I said he wasn't impressive when he came on the scene ther latter 2004/2005 Season

the season arsenal had the run of clean sheets in the CL and went to the final was 05/06 btw

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2008, 07:38:35 AM »

the season arsenal had the run of clean sheets in the CL and went to the final was 05/06 btw
I am not talking about that, I am talking about HIS DEBUT season not the next season when Arsenal reached the Champions League. If people had talked about Senderos negatively from the very beginning (2004/2005) I wouldn't be having this discussion.
Like I already mentioned: ''I said I don't like him neither but I would be lying if I said he wasn't impressive when he came on the scene ther latter 2004/2005 Season''
Only thing I got wrong it was 9 Clean sheets SINCE his inclusion, instead your there saying I'm talking about Champions League when I haven't mentioned such a thing. The in CL Arsenal didn't keep 9 clean sheets in 05/06

Those games your referring from 2005/2006 which you are trying to make out I referred to when I DIDN'T, he didn't play in all those games nor would I judge his performance by games which are so spread out in the fixture list.

These are the games I was talking about(2004/2005):

F    Tue Mar   1  A   Sheffield_Utd                 W   0 - 0   (aet, won on penalties)
     Sat Mar   5  H   Portsmouth                    W   3 - 0   He3
E    Wed Mar   9  H   Bayern_Munich                 W   1 - 0   He
F    Sat Mar  12  A   Bolton_Wanderers              W   1 - 0   Lj
E    Fri Mar  18  -   Champs League quarter-final and semi-final draw
     Sat Mar  19  A   Blackburn_Rovers              W   1 - 0   vP

Sat Apr   2  H   Norwich_City                  W   4 - 1   He3 Lj
E    T/W Apr   5  ?   Champs League quarter-final, 1st leg
     Sat Apr   9  A   Middlesbrough                 W   1 - 0   Pi
E    T/W Apr  12  ?   Champs League quarter-final, 2nd leg
F    Sat Apr  16  N   Blackburn_Rovers              W   3 - 0   Pi vP2
     Wed Apr  20  A   Chelsea                       D   0 - 0
    *Mon Apr  25  H   Tottenham_Hotspur             W   1 - 0   Re
E    T/W Apr  26  ?   Champs League semi-final, 1st leg

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:59:13 AM by Carib-Briton »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »
that was just by the way, i wasn't arguing that anymore.

1]; } ?>