May 20, 2024, 12:37:19 AM

Author Topic: Dallas Cup Thread  (Read 30365 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U16 Dallas Cup
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2006, 02:27:38 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Kirk brothers (Quanvas & Collin) play for Chicago Magic. It should be a decent team.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2006, 06:59:22 AM »
Many things have to be considered here.
Ok the opposition are a club team of the same age.
One also has to consider that the best U17 in the USA are living together in Bradenton and are not at the tournament(not representing their clubs).

However, though one has to be concerned that it is a club team of the same age, that provided the opposition. The biggest question is "how did the T&T team perform."
After all this is their first trip away from home. Simply looking at the score line is no indication of how the game went.

Was the team organized?
Did the player demonstrate an understanding of their positions?
What was their playing discipline like?
Did they create opportunities?
Did they fight the game to the last minute?
Which individuals performed well?

I could go on, but only by answering the questions above can we get a true indication of performance.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2006, 07:19:47 AM »
I agree with those who speak of being realistic about results. We are literally starting from scratch here.

It is one thing to have skillfull players but it is another thing to have a winning team. Players have to learn their roles and how they collectively make the team better. Do you remember the before and after with Beenie?

We have many examples around us of what longterm planning can do. Less than 20 years ago we were on the same level as the US. Ten years ago we were better than Japan or S. Korea. Remember Jamaica beat Japan in '98. You think that could happen now? In fact we may have better dribblers than all those teams but we still can't beat them.

Come on people sto being so myopic!!
TnT Patriot

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2006, 07:27:31 AM »
Sando! hahahahhaha  :rotfl: :rotfl:
that avatar got me cracking up here

but back on subject, its a fair result. You people expecting more need to realize that only recently have we got a real plan for youth setup. With that said, i wont settle for losing, and im sure neither will the players. Im sure theyll dig in and look better today
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:29:33 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2006, 07:45:23 AM »
without being critical of the youths i think they were allright considering the circumstances which i spoke of earlier but this chicargo team not good a little bit so in that respect it is disappointing . some of the perants i spoke to said they were playing badly but i dont think they were being realistic about the situation i expect a better performance the next game now that the players and the coaching staff have an idea of the conditions and the opponents, but mostly i expect more from the coaching staff.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2006, 04:03:56 PM »
Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team 0 vs 0 Brentwood Excel United Pizza Hut Park Field #14
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2006, 04:07:10 PM »
2:00 PM    Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team    0    vs    0    Brentwood Excel United    Pizza Hut Park Field #14

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2006, 04:11:12 PM »
Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team 0 vs 0 Brentwood Excel United Pizza Hut Park Field #14

that was the end result?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2006, 04:13:14 PM »

that was the end result?

yup what yuh shocked
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2006, 04:14:44 PM »

that was the end result?

yup what yuh shocked

which way yuh tink ah was shocked?

I not sure how good de opposition is... i suppose it not bad considering that they say all opposition should be quite good...

however is not good we wernt able to buss de ole onion bag atleast once... anyway... we can move on positively from this result... cetch some momentum...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »
Our yesterday's team lost theirs today
Chicago Magic 0 vs  2 Crossfire Premier

So what we taking from Crossfire tomorrow?

Maybe same as Brentwood did yesterday?
Crossfire Premier 4 vs  0 Brentwood Excel United
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 04:19:41 PM by e-man »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2006, 04:18:38 PM »

nah is two goals in dey ass from we big time midfeilder ELTON JOHN

:rotfl:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2006, 04:21:22 PM »

Boss doh hype up them players to soon

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2006, 04:24:36 PM »

Boss doh hype up them players to soon

hype?

i mockin really.

I know is ah good team... ah dont know if they are necessarily a good enough team... but I cant get over the fact the man name is Elton John... them yankee kids must rel heckle him oui!  :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2006, 06:22:55 PM »
Well said Filho, as I was about to make some of the same points you've just made. Just one I'm unsure about. Why would they be technically better. Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't all the players on this team belong to a pro team youth set up in T&T? If so won't they be working on technique on a regular basis with their clubs as well as the national team? Just a thought,agian I don't know set up with players and clubs etc.

The american are really big on technique as opose to us, where we are more focused on the tactical aspect of the game. A lot of money goes into developing these players and the last thing that are thought to them are tactics. Simply because if you do not posess the technical ability you cannot carry out the tactical side of the game properly which makes sense. In Trinidad and Tobago we look at the local games and men are shooting over the bar all the time this shows a lack of technique. Proper technique would put the ball on frame if not in the goal.

Fitness is very important, but why i said it would not be as important in these games is because I have been to these fiields in Dallas and I know how windy it is and how the weather changes quickly. Therefore the short quick combination plays would be better to play at those fields, as oppose to rying to play over the top with the long balls. This is where the Technique would come in.......
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2006, 06:30:23 PM »
by de look ah dis it appears we rel defensive minded
not one goal scored yet
and 2 conceded in 2 matches

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2006, 06:23:09 AM »
elan!! What makes you say that T&T teams spend more time on Tactics??? Just curious?

I read yesterday where the Chicago team said they were out of their season so preparation was limited. This should be true for almost all the teams in the US & canada
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2006, 11:39:57 AM »
Wednesday, April 12, 2006

10:00 AM    Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team    0    vs    2    Crossfire Premier    Pizza Hut Park Field #17

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2006, 11:40:37 AM »
lawd fada  not a goal scored  conceded 4   

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2006, 11:59:53 AM »
Bracket G
   TEAM                        P W L T  Goals Points
   Crossfire Premier           3 3 0 0 8:0 9
   Chicago Magic               2 1 1 0 2:2 3
   Brentwood Excel United      2 0 1 1 0:4 1
   Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team  3 0 2 1 0:4 1

Bracket G
Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team  vs.  Chicago Magic  0: 2   
Crossfire Premier  vs.  Brentwood Excel United  4: 0   
Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team  vs.  Brentwood Excel United  0: 0   
Chicago Magic  vs.  Crossfire Premier  0: 2   
Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team  vs.  Crossfire Premier  0: 2   

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2006, 12:01:18 PM »
Bracket G

Bracket G

::)

well... we knew from the start they'd be going up against the best in the World and no matter what you say its good exposer... and I can garantee you they will come back alot better than they were when they left.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2006, 12:06:08 PM »
Bracket G

Bracket G

Well we might not finish last  ;D

Come on Magic!!! Mash up Brentwood
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2006, 12:32:26 PM »

well... we knew from the start they'd be going up against the best in the World and no matter what you say its good exposer... and I can garantee you they will come back alot better than they were when they left.
      How these club teams become the best in the world?is this an excuse? 

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2006, 12:36:05 PM »
Best in the World???

What have we learned from this?
Where do we go from here?
What is the start point?
Achieve what? (short term / long term)
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2006, 01:24:01 PM »

Wel imagine how the usa under 17 youth team will beat us if we play them ? this is not good at all people i dont care what anyone says .

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2006, 01:30:40 PM »

Wel imagine how the usa under 17 youth team will beat us if we play them ? this is not good at all people i dont care what anyone says .

I don't know why ppl does act surprise... we are about 3-4 years behind de US and Canada in youth development... it is only at senior level there is some evening out... We will always take licks from dem... we need to realise this and work from here.... we will not beat them overnight...

If you account for this the U-21 drawing with de US U-17 is about right...

The U-16's taking licks in de Dallas Cup is about right... at least we were competitive.... now where we going from here?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2006, 02:19:41 PM »
Could this be the same team that we played today?

Washington's Crossfire SYL U15 Boys squad earns international invitation
Seattle club off to Hong Kong
Redmond, Washington’s Crossfire Premier Boys U15 Super Y-League team is headed to the NIKE Manchester United World Champions in Hong Kong.  Under the leadership of Coach Bernie James the Crossfire Premier won the NIKE Manchester United US Championships over Memorial Day Weekend hosted at the NIKE complex in Portland, OR.

At the 2004 Super Y-League North American Finals, the team lost a close match to the Chicago Magic 3-2.  The Crossfire Premier team was one of just 16 US teams invited to compete in the prestigious NIKE event.

To garner the invitation, they tied the Dallas Texans 0-0 and beat the Concord (GA) Fire 3-0, San Diego Surf (2-0) and Ohio Mutiny (2-0).  In the finals they defeated the nationally recognized Irvine Strikers (2-1).  Last year Crossfire was the first Washington club ever invited to the NIKE Manchester United Premier Cup in an international soccer tournament, started in 1993 as the NIKE Premier Cup, for U14/15 boys and U14 girl’s teams. This year they were the first Northwest club to win the competition which is traditionally dominated by teams from Southern California.

“This is a significant achievement for both our club and Washington state soccer,” said Crossfire Coaching Director and former US National team player, Bernie James.  “Our club has been looking forward to this tournament all year.  Only the best play here and to come home with first and third place finishes is an incredible result.”

The Crossfire boys will be headed for Hong Kong in mid July the culmination of this worldwide event where more  than 6,000 teams from 40 nations on five continents have been vying for the 2005 Manchester United Premier Cup, and if history repeats itself, at least a few will be the soccer stars of the future.

Since its inception, the Manchester United Premier Cup has showcased a wealth of talented young players, many of whom have already graduated to the highest levels of the professional game, including Andy van der Meyde (Ajax), Xavi (Barcelona, Spanish National Team), Iker Casillas (Real Madrid, Spanish National Team), Ednilson (Benefica, U-21 Portuguese National Team), Mikael Forssell (Chelsea) and Juan Pablo Rodriguez (Club Atlas, Mexican National Team).

Scouting by participating clubs and professional scouts has also added to the excitement of the intense competition on the field. In the 1998 World Finals in Barcelona , Jun Tamano’s standout performance resulted in Athletico de Madrid immediately signing him to the youth team.  Now based in Japan, he is playing for Tokyo Verdy 1969.

The NIKE ManU Cup was a crowning event in what has been a banner year for these Crossfire teams.  The boys team started off by placing first in the Northwest Division of the Super Y-League before going on to make the semifinals at the North American Championships.  In addition they won the top division in the Washington State League, the Washington State Cup and the Crossfire Premier Challenge.

Crossfire Premier Soccer Club, based in Redmond, WA, is the Advanced Development Program affiliated with the Lake Washington Youth Soccer Association (LWYSA).   LWYSA offers an unrivaled program for boys and girls ages 10-18 to play competitive soccer through the Crossfire Premier Soccer Club.  Nine Washington Crossfire squads compete in the Super Y-League.

Its mission is to promote the game of soccer by providing the highest possible level of technical and tactical training, skill development, competitive team play, and to provide highly skilled and capable players with an opportunity to further excel in the sport. It is Crossfire’s goal to become, and to be recognized, as a consistently successful Premier Soccer Club within Washington State, within our region and throughout the United States.  Crossfire players, coaches, managers and member families will strive to be an asset to the sport of soccer and to the community in which they live.

Crossfire Premier 90 Lineup: Brooks Hopp, Daniel Wenzel, Brent Richards, Brandon Zimmerman, Anthony Arena, Aaron Becerril, Esteban Reyes, Ellis McLoughlin, Alexander Klein, Fernando Monge Jr., Tyler Klein, Kellan Brown, Jonathan Castro, Justin Minuk, Joshua Petosa, Davis Smith, Jordan Softli,.

Coach: Bernie James. Assistant: Greg Lambert

http://supery.uslsoccer.com/home/100984.html
Live large and prosper!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2006, 02:32:37 PM »
Bracket G

Bracket G

Well we might not finish last  ;D

Come on Magic!!! Mash up Brentwood

Done deal. Brentwood lose 1-3 to Magic. Final standings put we in 3rd

Bracket G
   TEAM                        P W L T  Goals Points
   Crossfire Premier           3 3 0 0 8:0 9
   Chicago Magic               3 2 1 0 5:3 6 
   Brentwood Excel United      3 0 2 1 1:7 1

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2006, 07:03:54 PM »

I don't know why ppl does act surprise... we are about 3-4 years behind de US and Canada in youth development... it is only at senior level there is some evening out... We will always take licks from dem... we need to realise this and work from here.... we will not beat them overnight...

If you account for this the U-21 drawing with de US U-17 is about right...

The U-16's taking licks in de Dallas Cup is about right... at least we were competitive.... now where we going from here?

well its only the coach can say where we go from here   . He has his work cup out for him to take that team to another klevel

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2006, 09:14:20 AM »
de only team in de group not to score das kina sad

1]; } ?>