May 14, 2024, 08:41:44 PM

Author Topic: Hyland to get nod for Under-20 World Cup  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hyland to get nod for Under-20 World Cup
« on: April 24, 2009, 07:41:19 AM »
Hyland to get nod for Under-20 World Cup
Stabroek News

Belgium-based teenaged midfielder Khaleem Hyland is expected to be called up for Trinidad & Tobago’s Under-20 squad which is preparing for the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt later this year.

The 19-year old, who plays for Zulte Waregem, had previously declined an offer to train with the Under-20 squad because he wanted to concentrate on his senior team football and his move to Belgium.

Coach Zoran Vranes said, however, he was looking to have his best team available for the September 24 to October 16 and wanted Hyland to be a part of the set up.

“I have intentions of calling him to join up with the team for the World Cup barring he is fit and willing to go,” said Vranes.

“I believe he has a very important role to play and I have already held discussions with Russell Latapy the coach of the senior team about his possible involvement.”

Hyland’s call up will result in a scheduling conflict with the senior team, however, as the Soca Warriors’ trips to Honduras and the United States in the World Cup qualifiers clash with the start of the Under-20 World Cup.

The Soca Warriors are also down to play Costa Rica on October 10 whole the Under-20 World Cup is still ongoing.
Hyland proved his immense worth last month when he fired T&T to a 1-1 draw with Honduras in their World Cup qualifier, with a last gasp goal.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hyland to get nod for Under-20 World Cup
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:44:20 AM »
Gr8
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:23:07 AM »
Hyland better come, because now he know he wont get no run in the senior team if he out of favour with vranes, cuz vranes in the senior team mix now

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 09:29:31 AM »
I agree. He should go and play for the U20's, as this a chance to shine in a World Tournament.  Go and play well adn raise your stock.  Alot of scouts will be watching this Tourny, so he should jump at this opportunity.  He will always have a spot on the senior team.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 01:40:09 PM »
Nice having him on the U-20 team will make them much better and

Hyland better come, because now he know he wont get no run in the senior team if he out of favour with vranes, cuz vranes in the senior team mix now
this don't make no sense to me Vranes don't have the power not to give Hyland a run lol he is one of our better players haha be real...

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 02:05:43 PM »
i wondering if balloteli playing 4 italy. we defence go have to be very physical.

i jus want ah 1st win at a world cup. all d best hope hyland dont spoil d chemistry
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:07:54 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 06:25:23 AM »
i wondering if balloteli playing 4 italy. we defence go have to be very physical.

i jus want ah 1st win at a world cup. all d best hope hyland dont spoil d chemistry

scary eh...dat man will destroy we defence if dey aint sip dragonblood

1]; } ?>