May 15, 2024, 02:54:27 AM

Author Topic: Wolfe re-instated after bungle  (Read 7888 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wolfe re-instated after bungle
« on: April 30, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »
Wolfe re-instated after bungle.
By: Lasana Liburd (T&T Express)

Administrative error taints Latapy’s maiden squad

Twenty-five-year Ma Pau FC attacker and 2006 World Cup member Anthony Wolfe probably did not sleep well on Tuesday night.

Wolfe, who started in the last three international fixtures under the reign of departed coach Francisco Maturana, saw the maiden 22-man squad by new national coach Russell Latapy and realized that he was not in it.

The mobile, all-action utility player is hardly a household name for fans of the “Soca Warriors”. Wolfe made his international debut in 2003 during the short lived reign of Hannibal Najjar and, six years later, has just 23 appearances to his name—18 of those caps came in the last year under Maturana.

But Wolfe felt, at the very least, he deserved to be in any local selection and was crushed that Latapy, his former teammate and idol, seemed to think otherwise.

Wolfe vented to Ma Pau assistant coach Angus Eve who, in turn, rang Latapy to enquire about the non-selection, which seemed odd since Latapy and Eve recently had a positive exchange on the player.

Latapy apologized to Eve. It was, apparently, a mistake. Wolfe was always meant to be in the squad and was belatedly invited to the first session, which was held yesterday at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar.

The Trinidad Express confirmed as much when they contacted team manager David Muhammad. Muhammad was dismissive when pressed on the reason for Wolfe’s absence in the first place.

“He is in the squad (now),” said Muhammad. “That is what matters.”

Indeed. Muhammad has been a Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) employee for barely 15 months but he seems to fully grasp the ethos that permeates their headquarters.

Accountability and competence, as far as the local football governing body is concerned, are for players and, arguably, the head coach but surely not for administrators.

So Maturana was ushered to the Piarco International Airport’s departure with a dunce’s cap for the team’s poor start to the final 2010 World Cup qualifying round. Yet Muhammad stays despite a catalogue of blunders which include heading a technical staff that dropped national heroes via text messages, failing to bridge the gap between staff and players, an apparent inability to book an international team beyond Guyana and the occasional tendency of sending invitation letters for players at the wrong clubs.

Already, he has proven his worth to his rookie coach, Latapy—if not for the tainted team sheet handed to the media then surely for his response to the error.

Muhammad’s belief that administrative blunders should be ignored while errant passes and shoddy defending are intolerable is an old theme in the TTFF. And it looks like it will run for a while yet.

Over the next month, Latapy will try to convince his players to take pride in their duties. He will assure them that slip ups are harshly punished at this level and would talk repeatedly about how a five percent increase in their abilities can make a world of difference.

Muhammad, with replica shirt under his suit, would probably nod along too and may even add his polished oratory to the lecture. Any notion of hypocrisy would escape him.

I had hoped to discuss Latapy’s first squad. The intriguing selections of Conrad Smith, Devon Jorsling, Hughton Hector and Noel Williams or the shock recalls for the likes of Hayden Tinto, Dwayne Jack and Gyasi Joyce. Perhaps even speculate on the omissions of Cyd Gray, Marvin Oliver, Kerry Baptiste and Jerol Forbes.

Instead, Wolfe’s mistaken exclusion distracts. Muhammad believes it is a non-issue. For the rest of us, it feels more like déjà vu.

Wolfe, like most of his teammates, will be either booed or praised according to his performance on June 6. By now, he would be accustomed to such public judgments of his competence.

Latapy too would be made to account for the time he spends with the national squad and the team he sends out to face Costa Rica and Mexico.

But spare a thought for the influential figures lurking in the corridors of the TTFF who seem immune to the court of opinion.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 03:47:28 PM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfe re-instated after bungle
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31:25 AM »
I ent see no source but it smells like Lisana's work.   ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:32:57 AM »
Author?

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »
Weary where yuh get dat news from?-

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »

LOL....good call!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 10:41:56 AM »
Weary where yuh get dat news from?-
she is a writer now  :rotfl:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
That Muhammed guy is a waste of f**king time

Under Bruce Anansen(manager during the Leo period) we were fairly organised..limited mistakes

under this f**k we truly represent our 3rd world status

bring bruce back

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 10:49:32 AM »

LOL....good call!! :beermug:

Yes it is Lisana's work but d express did not put it on d online version so I posted it for him. Somebody commented bout d article in d Latas select 22 players thread but this needs its own thread. I adjusted d title of the thread.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:55:13 AM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfe re-instated after bungle- Lisana Liburd
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 10:53:30 AM »
If he stop goin on power 102 and chattin so much nonsense and do he wuk d faux pas go stop. Who wuk it is 2 call d players d Coach?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 10:55:32 AM »
well we know that was a mistake. Latapy would pick he and Theobald even if he was coaching the Brazilian team.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 11:12:49 AM »
So what is the verdict? Latas forget to write the man name down when he name his side or Muhammed forget to forward it to the press?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »
Lasana is at his best when shining light down cockroach hole.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 11:23:42 AM »
So what is the verdict? Latas forget to write the man name down when he name his side or Muhammed forget to forward it to the press?

I wit Latas on this 1  since d fella does uninvite peeps by text. If he could do dat he could 4get 2 include Wolfe.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
hope he is not a right back
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 12:18:45 PM »

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
So clearly this was the Team Managers fault?  Then why after his apparent shoddy management he still employed.  THat have to be embrassing for Latas to get a direct from a players coach questioning why he was not picked.  Latas should be addressing this sternly with David Muhammad.  BS man!
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 12:28:01 PM »
So clearly this was the Team Managers fault?  Then why after his apparent shoddy management he still employed.  THat have to be embrassing for Latas to get a direct from a players coach questioning why he was not picked.  Latas should be addressing this sternly with David Muhammad.  BS man!

Why is he still employed ever heard of d Peter Principle. Dat is y Camps is still employ.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »
wolfe ent he get beat up by dem cops last year. I hear dey bruck up he hand and ting.. he does still play ball? what position he does play is he good. I know he went to Germany as di water boy but I eh know he dat good lats calling him up...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline iceberg

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 12:36:24 PM »
i hear yuh weary. it's just unprofessional man.  But Latapy and all should have double check with Muhammad to see if all the players he wanted were called.  jus saying doh.
If your heart is not in the game then your not a true footballer!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 12:41:35 PM »
i hear yuh weary. it's just unprofessional man.  But Latapy and all should have double check with Muhammad to see if all the players he wanted were called.  jus saying doh.

If he have 2 do dat as well then pay he d mger salary as well.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 01:01:22 PM »
Whether he forget to write de name or he didn't bother to double-check with Muhammed, buck still stop with Latas.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »
Whether he forget to write de name or he didn't bother to double-check with Muhammed, buck still stop with Latas.

Cyah cosign dat. If yuh give basic instructions and it cyah get done then do it yuh self. D only way it is Latas fault is if he 4got 2 include d man. 

Offline Mackie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
well we know that was a mistake. Latapy would pick he and Theobald even if he was coaching the Brazilian team.
What Latas have with Theobald boy ? I mean its obvious Densil is an average player ... And for the life of me I cannot remember him having a standout game aside from England vs T&T in the world cup. Come on Latas !

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »
i was actually trying to hide my disappointed but i couldn't help myself, what the F%$@ and why? let me guess, lasana from deep, deep into toco. the fact that he is questioning why hector is on the team and baptiste is not, lets me know that this individual missing some marbles.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »

Agreed.

Liburd making a mountain out a molehill where Muhammad is concerned.  Muhammad is right, what matters is that the man's name is now among the camp invitees... whatever the reason for the oversight he don't need to communicate that to Lasana.  Lasana right to complain about the inefficiency that led to the oversight but the second part of his grouse come off like he have some kinda grudge or personal issue with Muhammad... whatever the reason for the oversight that is an internal matter.

Fact is that Latapy should have caught the error before the list went out... or once it was publicized.  If in fact he gave a correct list and Muhammad fack up then it's Latapy's ball from here how he want to deal with it.  If he vex enough let him get rid of Muhammad.   If his hands are tied and he can't fire him then is up to him to decide if he wants to put up with that situation.  If it's somewhere in between those two extremes.. which is to say he's not upset to the point of firing Muhammad, nor is he prevented from firing him (should he so desire) then it's up to Latapy to deal with it in-house.

What next, Lasana go complain because Muhammad ent tell him how the teams breakfast eggs were prepared that morning?  stueps... we have bigger fish to fry man.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:55:07 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 02:25:42 PM »
I have to ask the question albeit a naive one....so them men doh contact the players themselves or their reps?  So even if they leave him off the media list, wouldn't the player have been contacted and knew to show up for practice?

Tells us the jokeyness of our association....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 03:56:20 PM »
schupsss, i fine they should drop he and akile edwards for pacheco and jagdeosingh

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 04:06:06 PM »
schupsss, i fine they should drop he and akile edwards for pacheco and jagdeosingh
What has Wolfe done (or not done) to deserve being dropped as a midfielder? And you still talking bout Jagdeosingh? Puerto Rico local?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 04:51:55 PM »
What has Wolfe done (or not done) to deserve being dropped as a midfielder? And you still talking bout Jagdeosingh? Puerto Rico local?

wolfe is a shithound, so is akile, jus watching them play many times, even being around the team in the world cup would tell you wolfe is a waste of time.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 05:06:07 PM »

wolfe is a shithound, so is akile, jus watching them play many times, even being around the team in the world cup would tell you wolfe is a waste of time.

TI, the operative word here is local

1]; } ?>