May 16, 2024, 12:19:09 PM

Author Topic: San Juan Jabloteh Thread.  (Read 124365 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: San Juan Jabloteh withdraw from Pro League
« Reply #510 on: July 03, 2012, 12:25:20 PM »
Financially starved Jabloteh pulls out of League.
ttproleague.com.

San Juan Jabloteh has announced via a press release on Monday that its football club among other sporting disciplines have been suspended because of a “financial constraints”.

“The club has arrived at this critical juncture in its 38 year history in the light of the increasing volatility of the diminishing flow of resources from the public and private sectors,” stated a section of the lengthy document which bared club Chairman Jerry Hospedales’ printed name at the end.

This means the once powerful Jabloteh will not line-up among the teams for the upcoming 2012-2013 TT Pro League season set to begin in August.

According to the release, the club made the decision on June 30 immediately suspending the operations relating to its senior football “in efforts to restructure operations to bring revenue streams into approximate balance with the expenditure profile.”

Jabloteh also informed that its women’s football and youth clinic activities have been suspended earlier, while it would continue its youth football activities during a transitional period and in the context of its current financial arrangements. Meantime the sports club netball team would continue as it has been doing under its own fundraising initiatives.

“Since becoming a professional entity in 1995 the club has been discharging a mandate focused on providing avenues through which the young people in the high risk and underprivileged communities of the east west corridor could earn incomes while utilizing their natural talents. Building self esteem and self reliance among these young people was central to addressing issues relating to crime and deprivation in these communities,” continued the release.

Jabloteh’s honour role includes four(4) Pro League titles (2002, 2003, 2007 & 2008), three(3) FA Trophy titles (1998, 2005 & 2010), three-time (First Citizens) Cup winners (1999, 2000 & 2003), three-time Big Six winners (2004, 2006 & 2008), two-time (Digicel) Pro Bowl winners (2005 & 2006), Toyota Classic winners in 2008, winner of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Championship in 2008 and participated in the CONCACAF Champions Cup(presently the CONCACAF Champions’ League) in 2004, 2009 & 2010 making it one of the powerhouses of Trinidad and Tobago football in recent years with Englishman Terry Fenwick the club’s most successful coach.

“The club could not have achieved its well known reputation, credibility and success without its results oriented programmes and the decision of a number of sponsors well-known for their corporate social responsibility who had decided to identify their companies with these communities,” stated the release which went further to commended CLICO for its stable financial support over 15 years sponsorship and other commitments of companies such as First Citizens Bank, IBWILL Insurance Brokers, Express Drugs and most recently Adam’s Project Management and Construction Limited.

Telecommunication Service of Trinidad and Tobago also received praise through its Bmobile brand has been instrumental in ensuring the club’s participation at CONCACAF and in maintaining the technical excellence of the youth teams.

The Ministry of Sport, however, was labeled an intermittent financial support.

The release added: “The various sponsorships have allowed the club to make differences in the lives of many young people in communities with so many social ills: unemployment, crime and delinquency; but these young people have performed admirably on the national stage where since 1998 when the profession al football began, the club has won 17 major titles.

“The youth teams have also performed admirably winning various youth competitions in each year since the competitions began in 2004. During this golden age period, the club has contributed a large number of players to the junior and senior national teams, including three (3) players (Aurtis Whitley, Cyd Gray and Anthony Wolfe) on the 2006 (T&T) World Cup team.

“The club wishes to confirm its commitment to national football; but the volatility of financial support makes such a commitment difficult to sustain. In fact since the understandable decision of CLICO to disengage from the sponsorship in 2009, efforts to put together a group of sponsors to identify with the objective of the club and to seek to find solutions to the grave problems facing these communities have not been entirely successful.

“Moreover, the only stable source of finance – that from the Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago – has turned out to be less than stable. Initially put at $17,000 per month in May 2010, that amount was suspended in January 2011, re-instituted in October 2011 where arrears only backdated to May 2011. Increased to $50,000 per month in October 2011 and was once again terminated in January 2012 and that without notice and rationale.

“The club is convinced that this state-funding represents an important and stable source of financial flows to the community clubs participating in the TT Pro League and allows them to discharge their social mandates.

Many of them augment the state resources through their own fundraising efforts; but the resource of difficulty for San Juan Jabloteh is that not only has the club received over a long period, a different and lesser level of funding from that of the other clubs but since January 2012 it is the only community club which is not accessing state funding, despite exceptional efforts undertaken by the club to restore that funding.”

The club also pleaded with corporate Trinidad and Tobago to now review in their social corporate responsibility with a view to addressing and finding solutions to the grave problems facing our society.

“And they should do so by establishing sustained engagements with community organizations which are central to nation building and community enhancement; but the role of the Government cannot be overemphasized as a source of stable finance and catalyst for empowering social organizations in high risk communities.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 03, 2012, 12:33:47 PM »
The world is starting to believe that without Jack Warner football is dead in T&T.

No one has the brains and desire for the game like Jack did.

Where is Dexter Skeene, whats is take on this ? will he sit here and scratch his head while the league deteriorates ?

Good job Anil Roberts, let them get they sponsors and stop looking for money from the T&T Gov. all the time.

T&TTEC is out and now Jabloteh, next we will see North East Stars.

Only government teams will survive.

And W Connection, because them does do business only, they sell the best players and let the league suffer because no competition. If all the best players league, who do they expect the crowd to come and support, Dwarika and Glasgow ?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:43:42 PM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 03, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »
I remember taking good licks from jabloteh as a U14 players back in the days.

they always had good teams.

Sad to see they crash out the league. soon they will not have enough teams to keep the league going.

Hopefully they will field a TTFA league team (amature)

and start over again as a community team and build back a following utilizing players from the Greater San Juan area.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 03, 2012, 03:46:25 PM »
This might be the best thing for TT football for now. Let the clubs get business that are committed to their cause. The league may have to fold bust say what! They were not getting any support. Let it go back to semi-pro system. But the ultimate goal is to get them f--kers out of TTFF and start from scratch. I don't care what they say, this may be a blessing in disguise.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #514 on: July 07, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »
This might be the best thing for TT football for now. Let the clubs get business that are committed to their cause. The league may have to fold bust say what! They were not getting any support. Let it go back to semi-pro system. But the ultimate goal is to get them f--kers out of TTFF and start from scratch. I don't care what they say, this may be a blessing in disguise.

:beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 07, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »
The world is starting to believe that without Jack Warner football is dead in T&T.

Where is Dexter Skeene, whats is take on this ? will he sit here and scratch his head while the league deteriorates ?

Good job Anil Roberts, let them get they sponsors and stop looking for money from the T&T Gov. all the time.

And W Connection, because them does do business only, they sell the best players and let the league suffer because no competition. If all the best players league, who do they expect the crowd to come and support, Dwarika and Glasgow ?

Oh gorm Coop's ... ease up on de negative propaganda nah.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 07, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »

Oh gorm Coop's ... ease up on de negative propaganda nah.

Oh gorm Coops eh Horner.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #517 on: July 18, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »
Shabazz calls on collective support for Jabloteh.
ttproleague.com.

Morvant-Laventille club Caledonia AIA is ready to extend arms to a neighbour in need, and calls for collective support.

This was the reaction of Caledonia Technical Director/Head Coach Jamaal Shabazz over the “frightening news” that cross-town rivals San Juan Jabloteh may not line-up in the TT Pro League for the upcoming 2012-2013 season.

“The fact that Jabloteh may not be in the Pro League frightens me because of the fact that they are Jabloteh 1974,” said Shabazz who has been the backbone of Caledonia over the years.

Two weeks ago, Jabloteh announced via a press release, that its football club among other sporting disciplines have been suspended because of “financial constraints”.

“(Jabloteh) is a monument in Trinidad and Tobago football and I can’t sit and allow this to happen,” he continued. “If Caledonia have to share the little that we have for Jabloteh to survive, we will.

“I cannot see us as a neighbouring community allowing Jabloteh to fold and not lift an arm to help. I say this because I think that all the teams in the professional league must look to this and we must sit and discus ways in which we can avoid Jabloteh not coming out. At the end of the day, the football can be an industry.

“Horseracing is an industry!” exclaimed Shabazz. “I don’t know if we have to get racehorses to be recognized as an industry!

“Football is a big industry which provides employment. Now that T&TEC (FC) and Jabloteh are out, we’re talking at least about 70 people out of jobs. These are people that have depended on football for a job. So this is important and it bothers me because I see Caledonia around the corner.

“And I ask the question to corporate Trinidad and Tobago. Do they rather meet Jamaal Shabazz as a gang leader or as a coach? If I become a gang leader and a criminal (giggles), it could be very challenging.

The football has done some things in my life, the lives of some of the people in Caledonia AIA, and to the people in Jabloteh, W Connection and St. Ann’s Rangers; and I say that we can’t let this thing go down just like that.

“We will not allow it to go down just like that. We don’t have all the resources. We barely survive, but what is enough for us must certainly be able to help the Jabloteh effort, and we are willing to help them.”

Jabloteh are four-time TT Pro League Champions and while Caledonia have never lifted the domestic League title, the under budget Morvant-Laventille club is the recently crowned Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Club Champion—a tournament which boasts financially stable North American Soccer League (NASL) club Puerto Rico Islanders and United Soccer League (USL) club Antigua Barracuda.

Caledonia survives mainly on the cheer dedication of Shabazz , who’s never ending commitment recently saw him travel to Brazil under the invitation of the Jamaican Football Federation and the support of the Sportt Company of Trinidad and Tobago for an enhancement workshop at the Traffic Football Academy, Porto Feliz which is near São Paulo.

“I went to enhance myself as a coach and learn more of the business aspect of football, how to set up a professional youth academy, a medical and physiology department, and important stuff that we don’t learn in a coaching course,” explained Shabazz. “It’s so vital for setting up a proper project and a proper programme. I think we want to take Caledonia AIA to the next level and we need to be able to learn to do the things.”

Caledonia remains an exemplar club, from the days of borrowing from the “cook, baker and candle stick maker” as Shabazz would say, to now enjoying success at domestic and regional levels.

Caledonia reached four Finals last season winning three(First Citizens Cup, Lucozade Sport Goal Shield and FA Trophy) and finished in a creditable third position on the Digicel Pro League ladder just two points behind winner W Connection and one point behind T&TEC FC.

After powering its way to Caribbean supremacy, Caledonia now debuts into the Group stage of the CONCACAF Champions’ League and the TT Pro League will also be represented by CCL familiar, W Connection. While Jabloteh, also very familiar with the CCL, sits in the shadows of doubt over next season in the TT Pro League.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 18, 2012, 06:33:12 PM »
"And I ask the question to corporate Trinidad and Tobago. Do they rather meet Jamaal Shabazz as a gang leader or as a coach? If I become a gang leader and a criminal (giggles), it could be very challenging."

Some people should choose better examples. Because of his history, this statement could be interpreted as an ultimatum or a threat. Not certain that he means it that way. . .  :yellowcard:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:36:25 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 28, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
Lawd fadder..what ah shame

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Jabloteh face Pro League exit
« Reply #520 on: September 04, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »
So Jabloteh is back I hear?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 04, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »

Well, there is a rumour. But as a Pro League member, Central F.C. have received no notice.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 04, 2013, 08:47:47 PM »

Well, there is a rumour. But as a Pro League member, Central F.C. have received no notice.

I going crazy with this pro-league. Them bush and minor league operating better than them. I thought they waiting on Point to join the league. Now we hearing Jabloteh is coming back. AH mean, I am estatic about this new development. When the blasted league go start. Christmas!!!!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jabloteh to play in community for the first time in 17 years.
« Reply #523 on: March 04, 2016, 05:19:40 AM »
Jabloteh to play in community for the first time in 17 years.
ttproleague.com.

San Juan Jabloteh technical director/head coach Keith Jeffrey insists that the survival of Pro League clubs is reliant on “taking the football back to community grounds.”

Jeffrey and the “San Juan Kings” will pilot the club’s first return to the community in 17 years when they host Point Fortin Civic on Saturday March 5 in Digicel Pro League action from 6pm at the Barataria Recreation Ground, located on the southern end of 6th Avenue in Barataria.

Jeffrey said, “We understand the finances of the club and the country on a whole. We understand that going back into the communities will save clubs from extinction. Sooner than later we will all have to go back to the communities.”

A recent 40 percent deduction in the Government’s subvention to Pro League clubs from TT$83,000 to TT$50,000 has put some clubs in a spin, financially.

Clubs have constantly expressed it’s a hard sell trying to attract supporters at stadia which are located outside their communities and a lot of times difficult to access by persons using public transportation.

Over the years the Pro League and its Chief Executive Officer Dexter Skeene have stood steadfast on the notion that going back to the communities is vital to the growth and sustainability of the League and its clubs, and have been lobbying various Government administrations for the community grounds to be upgraded and available for professional play.

“All the clubs really wants to be in their communities,” added Jeffrey. “If the Government could help us with the community grounds, it will help us generate income, than just sitting waiting on Government’s subvention.

“It’s also an opportunity to get back in touch with our communities, like Caledonia wants to do in Morvant and North East Stars wants to do in Sangre Grande. Going back to the community is a form of identification.

“It’s what happens in Jamaica. I have been to Jamaica on various occasions in recent times and the crowd support they get in community grounds, with the capacity for a couple thousands, is great.”

Jeffrey doesn’t expect immediate success in crowd support on Saturday, but says, “It’s only by the people coming and support it, it will grow.”

Jeffrey said his club’s management plans make a public announcement in a areas of Barataria, Bourg Malatrese and surrounding areas to inform residents about Saturday's game.

Jabloteh last played in their community in 1999 when they hosted Joe Public at San Juan Senior Comprehensive, now renamed Juan South Secondary, in the Pro League’s forerunner, the Professional Football League (PFL). Jabloteh lost the game 1-0 to a goal that scored from a controversial corner-kick by Angus Eve, who, later in his career served Jabloteh as player before becoming an assistant coach with the San Juan club.

Jeffrey, who took charge of Jabloteh on the club’s return to the Pro League in 2013 after a one-year sabbatical, wants nothing less than a win on Saturday.

“We intend to win the third round of the league—the Kevon Carter trophy,” said Jeffrey who led the “San Juan Kings” to the 2014 Toyota Classic title. “We are on 29 points, and after finishing our first season back with 16 points and last season with 31 points, the plan now is to win the third round.

“The players and the staff all understand what we want to achieve. The nine remaining are like nine finals for us. Civic are just the first hurdle for us.”

Jabloteh, coming off back-to-back wins are fourth on the league standings with 29 points, while ninth-positioned Civic have recorded just one win and 9 losses in their last 12 games. Civic defeated Jabloteh 2-0 this season at the Mahaica Oval on October 20 but the “San Juan Kings” had the last say with a 3-2 win on January 12.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jabloteh to play in community for the first time in 17 years.
« Reply #524 on: March 04, 2016, 09:15:04 AM »
Why can't they use one of the fields in Aranguez.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: March 04, 2016, 08:59:08 PM »
What wrong with playing in the mang? 
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 04, 2016, 09:12:36 PM »
What wrong with playing in the mang? 

I real tight. Them was we rivals growing up. Let them get they own ground. That is ballplayers turf  :pissedoff:  :devil:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 04, 2016, 09:50:45 PM »
Press a button  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 05, 2016, 07:13:57 AM »
Press a button  ;D

Alright, nah . You doh to get on because they playing in your grounds. 😁 Breds, nothing wrong playing in the mang.  But Aranguez have place for about 5 fields. You mean to say they cyah take one and put a turf field on it for them and Cali to use. Is the field in Barataria fenced around. Fans gong in free?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 05, 2016, 08:27:59 AM »
Meh comment to FF was to fuel his drinking fire last night!    :rotfl:(rounds up de drinks dem)

Deeks, I don't see the issue, 6 of one, 1/2 doz of the other, either grounds fine. Bigger issue for me is why not stay in Bourg...fans have to walk some distance either way and neither is a short trek.

Cali plays in aranguez? What kind of crowd they get for their games? When they played at Georges gnd 100s used to attend

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 05, 2016, 08:30:41 AM »
Press a button  ;D

Alright, nah . You doh to get on because they playing in your grounds. 😁 Breds, nothing wrong playing in the mang.  But Aranguez have place for about 5 fields. You mean to say they cyah take one and put a turf field on it for them and Cali to use. Is the field in Barataria fenced around. Fans gong in free?
Barataria is fenced around, well lit and maintained but under utilized. Good question:Is there a cost to attend the game? There should be, however, it may be free to serve as a teaser.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 05, 2016, 07:54:00 PM »
So any scores!!!

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 05, 2016, 10:03:32 PM »
So any scores!!!
Don't know d final score but it was poorly attended even though free! Unimpressive performance.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #533 on: March 06, 2016, 06:03:26 AM »
Jabloteh wins on and off the field in Barataria.
ttproleague.com.

Barataria residents elated over the return of top flight football to the community

Nathan Lewis scored in the third minute of play to give San Juan Jabloteh the eventual winner against 10-man Point Fortin Civic at Barataria Recreation Ground on Saturday in Round Three action of the Digicel Pro League 2015/16.

With the 1-0 win, Jabloteh, who must tackle crosstown rivals Morvant Caledonia United on Wednesday March 9 from 4pm at the Larry Gomes Stadium, strengthened their hold on fourth position with 32 points while Civic continues to occupy ninth-position with 16 points.

The big winners, though, were the people of the San Juan/Barataria area, having top-flight football return to their community for the first time in 17 years.

“Who played there?” asked a middle-aged man as he entered one of the entrances to the ground following the game.

“Jabloteh just beat Point Fortin one-nil,” a woman replied.

“Wow! I missed a big game,” the man said aloud, with a disappointed grumble.

The man, however, was elated to find out that Jabloteh will host Defence Force on Saturday March 12 at the same Barataria Recreation Ground.

“Everyone is already asking ‘when is the next game here?’” said San Juan Jabloteh technical director/head coach Keith Jeffrey. “You can be sure of a bigger crowd for the next game against Army. Army will have a nice crowd and we will have a nice crowd. This is what the community wants, whether it’s San Juan, Barataria or Bourg Malatrese.

“What we achieved today is a way of showing the Government—help us in the community and this is what can happen. In the stadium we are getting 10-15 supporters and here, on our first day back in the community, we have just over a hundred. And if we were in Bourg Malatrese, were our fan base is really bigger, it would have been over 500.”

Over the years the Pro League and its Chief Executive Officer Dexter Skeene have stood steadfast on the notion that going back to the communities is vital to the growth and sustainability of the League and its clubs, and have been lobbying various Government administrations for the community grounds to be upgraded and available for professional play.

With Trinidad and Tobago not spared by the global economic downturn, Pro League clubs are also affected in the domino-effect. A recent a 40 percent deduction in the Government’s subvention to Pro League clubs from TT$83,000 to TT$50,000 has put some clubs in a spin, financially.

Earlier this week Jeffrey said, “We understand the finances of the club and the country on a whole. We understand that going back into the communities will save clubs from extinction. Sooner than later we will all have to go back to the communities.”

Jeffrey, with the help of Barataria councillor Pernell Bruno, and members of the San Juan Jabloteh management, stood proud men after piloting the club’s first return to the community after nearly two decades.

“It’s a privilege having the football back into the community and seeing the turnout of supporters,” said Bruno.

“I am hoping by bringing back sports on a full scale, it will inspire kids in the community, and to bring out the families in a great atmosphere. It’s all part of building a better Barataria.”

Bruno, who attained a scholarship through sport at Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey, United States, said it was the activities at the Barataria Recreation Ground that encouraged him into sports. He represented Trinidad and Tobago at the CARIFTA and CAC games in athletics.

“Many people don’t know, the first race that Hasely Crawford ran after winning the 1976 Olympic Gold Medal was on this ground,” said Bruno, as he beamed with pride.

“Bringing the football back to the community is the best thing that could ever happen,” said one resident, who witnessed the game. “The football should really be based around community and you will get more people coming out to support. It’s the best thing the Pro League can do in 2016 and onwards.

“It can also help alleviate the crime problem. When you have younger guys in the area come out and watch the senior guys—mentors of the game like Marvin Oliver and others—it will help kids aspire to want to represent their communities and even the country.”

Oliver was brilliant. The 40-year-old former Trinidad and Tobago international didn’t disappoint on his first game back with San Juan Jabloteh after four years. His sleek passing and intelligent plays even impressed some Point Fortin supporters. Oliver also got close to finding the back of the net with a half volley from distance after controlling the ball off his chest with ten minutes left.

But it was Nathan Lewis’ half volley off a deep Akeem Adams cross that separated both sides.

Oliver, who was later replaced by former Jabloteh youth player and senior team debutant, 20-year-old midfielder Aaquil Campbell, said, “It’s great being back, not just for San Juan Jabloteh and for our first game being in the San Juan/Barataria area, but seeing the people come out.

“I think the turnout was great on short notice. I know the next home game will have much more people. This is good for the Pro League, not just for Jabloteh, seeing that we want the football back into the community. We will see this as the ground-breaking game that brought football back into the communities. This is what all the players in the League wants, to have the football in their community.”

Oliver is hoping that within the next couple years, every team will have proper playing surfaces and adequate facilities in their community.

Oliver, a former League winner with Jabloteh and 2007 Toyota/TT Pro League Player of the Year, helped Central FC claim their inaugural Pro League and Caribbean Club Championship titles last season.

He said although Jabloteh, a club rich in history, have lost the winning mentality, the intention of the “San Juan Kings” is to become a league title contender by next season.

“I want to help raise football in my community. If not as a player beyond this season, then as a coach. I will see how the season rides out and how best I can help the team going forward in becoming a championship team again.”

Jabloteh didn’t produce a bag of goals but the game wasn’t short on excitement.

Civic forward Juma Clarence rattled the home side’s crossbar from 30 yards out six minutes from the half. It was the first real danger for Jabloteh’s Guyanese goalie Andrew Durant, who was given the starting role after Grenada national team goalkeeper Shemel Louison picked up an injury in the warm-up and was left out of the squad.

Although creating a couple nervous moments for his side, Durant’s work was little compared to his opposite number, Akini Adams, in goal for Civic.

Jabloteh goal scorer Lewis wasted a gift of an opportunity to put the home side two goals up in the 9th-minute when he hit directly at Adams in a one-on-one situation following a giveaway by defender Shaquille Stewart, who was later sent off following his second yellow card of the game in the 67th-minute.

But Civic troubles had increased early on, after conceding in the third minute, with coach Leroy De Leon forced into two premature changes with Jayson Joseph and Shackiel Henry replacing Nedeon Noel and Trent Lougheed by the half hour mark.

However Jabloteh failed to find the back of the net a second time.

Twice in the second half Adams denied Jabloteh’s Jamaican midfielder Fabian Reid, including a superb tip overbar to deny Lewis, who wasted overbar on another try. Jabloteh midfielder and captain Damian Williams also offered an attempt from 30 yards out but was inches high with 13 minutes left.

Also on Saturday, at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, five goals were produced as Club Sando edged St. Ann’s Rangers 3-2.

Late goals from Devon Modeste and American Bradley Nestor secured full points for Sando, who had taken the first lead through Jesse Downing.

But where forced into a comeback after Keron Cornwall and Kadeem Hutchinson grabbed a goal each for Rangers.

Action will continue on Sunday with North East Stars hosting Police FC from 4pm at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

Results

St. Ann's Rangers 2 (Keron Cornwall 47’, Kadeem Hutshinson 70’) vs Club Sando 3 (Jesse Downing 44’, Devon Modeste 83’, Bradley Nestor 87’), at Manny Ramjohn Stadium;

San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Nathan Lewis 3’) vs Point Fortin Civic 0, at Barataria Recreation Ground.

Upcoming Fixtures

Sunday 06 March 2016

North East Stars vs Police FC—4pm, Larry Gomes Stadium

Wednesday 09 March 2016

Morvant Caledonia United vs San Juan Jabloteh—4pm, Larry Gomes Stadium
W Connection vs Police FC—8 pm, Ato Boldon Stadium

Teams

San Juan Jabloteh: 35.Andrew Durant; 4.Garth Thomas, 6.Akeem Benjamin, 7.Jamal Gay, 21.Aquil Selby, 24.Adrian Reid, 11.Damian Williams, 13.Fabien Reid, 27.Nathan Lewis (23.Kennedy Hinkson 88th minute), 14.Sean Bonval (2.Noel Williams 68th minute), 26.Marvin Oliver (20.Aaquil Campbell 82nd minute)

Unused substitutes: 9.Brent Sam, 15.Jerome Mc Intyre, 36.Raheem Belgrave (GK), 16.Kaashif Thomas

Coach: Keith Jeffrey

Point Fortin Civic: 52.Akini Adams; 7.Nickcolson Thomas, 8.Akeem Redhead, 30.Trent Lougheed (9.Shackiel Henry 31st minute), 15.Nedeon Noel (6.Jayson Joseph 28th minute), 19.Andrei Pacheco (Capt.), 18.Shaquille Stewart (Y+Y=Red Card), 11.Tigana Sparks, 32.Jamal John, 29.Sylvester Teesdale, 24.Juma Clarence

Unused substitutes: 1.Miles Goodman (GK), 21.Ronell Paul, 3.Kurfi Pierre, 31.Shaquille Dublin, 20.Jamille Boatswain

Coach: Leroy DeLeon

Referee: Marlon Perouse

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 06, 2016, 01:36:55 PM »
Wednesday 09 March 2016

So why is this game being played in Arima? Why not Barataria??!!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 06, 2016, 02:44:40 PM »
Wednesday 09 March 2016

Amen

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #536 on: March 06, 2016, 02:54:50 PM »
Wednesday 09 March 2016

Because Jabloteh is the away team.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 06, 2016, 05:15:08 PM »
Wednesday 09 March 2016

Flex, still don't make sense. Will Cali fans go Arima to away game when this field in  Barataria could be used as their home field also. Why Dexter and them don't use common sense. These two teams are practically neighbours, and they sending them about 24 km. to play an away game. Play the blasted game in Barataria. what is wrong with me. Am I dotish or what?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:18:40 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #538 on: March 06, 2016, 08:16:27 PM »
Wednesday 09 March 2016

Flex, still don't make sense. Will Cali fans go Arima to away game when this field in  Barataria could be used as their home field also. Why Dexter and them don't use common sense. These two teams are practically neighbours, and they sending them about 24 km. to play an away game. Play the blasted game in Barataria. what is wrong with me. Am I dotish or what?

Boy.... sometimes, silence is the best medicine.

Like Jack Warner once said, we have 1 million people in T&T and 2 million coaches.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 06, 2016, 08:28:26 PM »
Wednesday 09 March 2016

Cali fans? What's that?  ??? Lol. And at 4 pm mid week? Not a soul will be there. Totally agree about maximizing Barataria regardless of who is "home" or "away". Simply have MCU liase with Jabloteh to ensure all match parameters of a home team are fulfilled.

1]; } ?>